Type keyword(s) to search

Ant-Man and The Wasp (2018)

Shannon L.
  • Start Topic

As Scott Lang balances being both a Super Hero and a father, Hope van Dyne and Dr. Hank Pym present an urgent new mission that finds the Ant-Man fighting alongside The Wasp to uncover secrets from their past.

The official trailer is out.  It looks a bit more serious than the first one, but still good. 

• Love 3

Ooo, the aftermath of the Civil War arrives! This could be interesting.

Also, Hank turning his building into roll-away luggage is kind of awesome.

Cassie telling Scott that he maybe needed a partner rather than a sidekick, yes girl!!

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Dandesun said:

Also, Hank turning his building into roll-away luggage is kind of awesome.

As was the giant Hello Kitty pez dispenser.

Wasp gets wings and blasters while Ant-Man doesn't.  YAAAAAS.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 3

Ant-Man and The Wasp is getting lost in the Black Panther and Infinity War mix but I'm very much looking forward to it.  I enjoyed the first movie a lot and like what I see in the trailer.  The additions to the cast alone make it worthwhile.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 7

I presume this is going to be set pre-Infinity War, so ideally it would have come out before it, but whatever.  Dealing with the aftermath of CW should be interesting; one of my reservations about Scott's role in that was that it seemed a bit out-of-character for him to so readily become a fugitive again after his whole arc in his debut film was about trying to make things work so that he could see Cassie regularly.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, SeanC said:

I presume this is going to be set pre-Infinity War, so ideally it would have come out before it, but whatever.  Dealing with the aftermath of CW should be interesting; one of my reservations about Scott's role in that was that it seemed a bit out-of-character for him to so readily become a fugitive again after his whole arc in his debut film was about trying to make things work so that he could see Cassie regularly.

Yea I love that they're addressing the consequences of Scott's actions with his family and with the Pyms.

• Love 1

I really enjoyed the trailer, especially the way it presents the Wasp as more prepared and arguably more kickass than Ant Man. Yeah bud,  Hank saved the extras for her.

And yeah, Hank pulling the tiny building was a great visual/effect.

I was totally thinking though that they didn't look or even sound any worse for the wear after Thanos came, but I guess that was on purpose. Very curious about the timeline.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, vb68 said:

I really enjoyed the trailer, especially the way it presents the Wasp as more prepared and arguably more kickass than Ant Man.

Which makes sense because she was more prepared and kickass than Scott in the first movie!

I also thought Ant-Man was fun and am looking forward to this one more than I thought.  Loved the shrinking building effect and that there was reference to Scott being locked up.

I spotted Michael Peña (yay) in the trailer but don't know if the other two will be there.

• Love 2

I'm not sure what I love more, the tiny building or the giant Hello Kitty Pez dispenser. Wasp looks badass and LOL that she got the wings and blasters instead. It does seem to take place before IW, but I don't really care about the order.

• Love 3

That looks great, I am super excited! Between this, Black Panther, and Infinity War, I should start depositing my paychecks directly to Marvel at this point. 

I am really interested to see how they deal with the aftermath of Civil War, and get into why Scott did what he did, and how it affected his life, his family, and the Pyms. And Hank shrinking the building and rolling away with it was a great visual effect. It looks like they are going to continue getting creative with the shrinking power and how they use it, which I really love. 

Cant wait to see The Wasp in action. She gets wings AND blasters! 

• Love 6

"Maybe they're wherever Hawkeye is."

Har!

I will say this... this seems to have some levity to it which is very much needed after Infinity War. And I'm looking forward to Hope kicking ass.

• Love 8
28 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

I like the look of the villain. 

Hannah John-Kamen is terrific in SyFy's Killjoys.  I am really looking forward to seeing her on the big screen!  

• Love 7

I didn't realize that Laurence Fishburne was playing Goliath.  I know Bill Foster isn't as iconic as Perry White, but that's still a big upgrade for him.

• Love 2

Looks fun. Kind of weird seeing one of Iron Man's more interesting villains being used here but I guess Ant Man doesn't have much in terms of a rogues gallery of his own, especially since they decided to transfer Pym creating Ultron over to Tony in the MCU for ... reasons.

• Love 1

It looks like a lot of fun.  I very much enjoyed the first Ant-Man movie and I definitely think I will enjoy this too. 

This is the brilliance of Marvel.  A few days after the release of their biggest film to date, they now release a trailer to another movie which gets a lot of additional attention after Infinity War.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Perfect Xero said:

Looks fun. Kind of weird seeing one of Iron Man's more interesting villains being used here but I guess Ant Man doesn't have much in terms of a rogues gallery of his own, especially since they decided to transfer Pym creating Ultron over to Tony in the MCU for ... reasons.

They could have used all those classic Ant-Man villains like...and...

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Unusual Suspect said:

My understanding is that this takes place in the two years between Civil War and Infinity War?

It's definitely after Civil War and dealing with what Natasha explained about Scott and Clint taking deals because of their families, but I won't be surprised if they have some sort of time jump (like they did with CA:TFA) that shows what they are doing while the stuff in Wakanda was going down (like Thor and Hulk being otherwise engaged during CW).  Even if it's just in the after credit teaser.  

• Love 1

Calling it now, this movie's after-credits stinger will be...

(Infinity War spoiler)

Spoiler

...everyone but Scott and Hope dissolving into ash. A perfect gut-punch to end one of the lighter instalments in the franchise.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Ravenya003 said:

(Infinity War spoiler)

Reveal hidden contents

...everyone but Scott and Hope dissolving into ash. A perfect gut-punch to end one of the lighter instalments in the franchise.

Spoiler

Or, what if either Scott or Hope go, but Hank is left behind and he has a small role in A4 as the older, more experienced scientist who whips the younger ones left behind into shape and gets them working together--gives them some sort of direction on where to start.  We never saw Shuri dusted, so I assume she's still alive, and we still have Tony, Bruce and Rocket.  As much as I like them all,  they all have egos and I can see them disagreeing on how to go about fixing things.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, starri said:

They could have used all those classic Ant-Man villains like...and...

LOL.  Gold star for you!

What, The Living Eraser isn't classic enough for you? ;)

Tales_to_Astonish_Vol_1_49.jpg

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Ravenya003 said:

(Infinity War spoiler)

Reveal hidden contents

I'm hoping for something along the lines of Hank/Janet/Scott /Hope being in the quantum Realm and looking around in shock as those affected by the ending of infinity Wars start showing up in there. Cut the credits with no explanation.

• Love 6
(edited)
11 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

I'm hoping for something along the lines of Hank/Janet/Scott /Hope being in the quantum Realm and looking around in shock as those affected by the ending of infinity Wars start showing up in there. Cut the credits with no explanation.

We could also get Scott/Hope/Janet/Hank just hanging out in the lab, teasing the heck out of Scott for something silly he did, and Hank suddenly getting a text from Carol Danvers.

Edited by Wynterwolf
changed my mind about spoilering
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, Wynterwolf said:

We could also get Scott/Hope/Janet/Hank just hanging out in the lab, teasing the heck out of Scott for something silly he did, and Hank suddenly getting a text from Carol Danvers.

However given the timeline of when he left S.H.I.E.L.D in the first film pending a revelation in Captain Marvel why would he be in her phone book?

1 minute ago, Raja said:

However given the timeline of when he left S.H.I.E.L.D in the first film pending a revelation in Captain Marvel why would he be in her phone book?

Yeah, he was gone from SHIELD in '89, but I'd think his work should still be known.  And maybe him breaking with SHIELD is a point in his favor.  Plus I always just kind of figure that Nick Fury is the linchpin that connects everyone.  

On 5/2/2018 at 8:58 PM, Unusual Suspect said:

Looks like fun. My understanding is that this takes place in the two years between Civil War and Infinity War?

It is pretty impressive that marvel has enough power that they can have all these movies that don't really happen in chronological order and people just sort of accept it. I mean Ant Man  and the wasp, takes place before infinity war, Guardians 2 takes place shortly after the first one (so before civil war) and Black Panther takes place shortly after civil war not 2 years later. 

• Love 1

I don't think we'd ever get it, but I'd actually like to see Hank and Tony meet. Hank has a big bone to pick with Howard Stark and it is well deserved, but I don't think Tony would see it from Howard's perspective. Tony is a lot of things but he's not a thief and he clearly prefers to collaborate. I'd like to think he'd offer hang a sincere apology for Howard's actions.

• Love 13
On 5/5/2018 at 4:24 PM, anna0852 said:

I don't think we'd ever get it, but I'd actually like to see Hank and Tony meet. Hank has a big bone to pick with Howard Stark and it is well deserved, but I don't think Tony would see it from Howard's perspective. Tony is a lot of things but he's not a thief and he clearly prefers to collaborate. I'd like to think he'd offer hang a sincere apology for Howard's actions.

The idea of Hank raging about Howard at Tony then, after a beat, Tony just goes 'Totally agreed. Did he ever shut up about Cap to you?'

Hank's all 'Oh my God, he never. shut. up. about Rogers. Like because he helped out with that project it gave him carte blanche to do whatever he wanted. Based on everything he said about Rogers, I don't think the guy would have agreed.'

And Steve's all 'No, I wouldn't have. Trust me when I say that Howard was a lot cooler in the 40s. And it's really not my fault he got weird about me. He never did that to my face.'

And Bucky's all 'He was probably showboating about how he helped make the Star Spangled Man with a Plan. It's all very Pygmalion.'

And Tony's all 'How do you know Pygmalion?'

And Steve's all 'Bucky went to college for a year.'

And Hank's all 'I can't even imagine how insufferable Howard would have been if Peggy hadn't been around.'

And everyone just stops for a moment and sighs. 'Yeah... Peggy was aces.'

I got such a kick out of young Howard. It remains a deep sadness for me that he turned out to be such an incredible douche.

• Applause 1
  • Love 15
On 5/3/2018 at 8:42 AM, benteen said:

What, The Living Eraser isn't classic enough for you? ;)

I think once your villain has been co-opted for mockery in She-Hulk's comedy book, the ship has sailed on them being considered a classic.

It's really a miracle Rocket Raccoon managed to attain relevance after his stint as a heroic ally in that series.

• Love 1