Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E14: My Brother's Keeper

MostlyC

19 hours ago, CheshireCat said:

Maybe you're thinking about the episode that dealt with Dr Linda's husband? That would have been before he "lost" his devil face though.

No, he went full Devil face in that one, but I also seem to recall him threatening someone with his eyes glowing in another episode—I was thrilled to see it at the time. I can't swear it wasn't one of the other shows filmed before the Season 2 finale, though. (Aside from the one set when he first came to LA, it would have aired before that.)

On 2/6/2018 at 11:21 PM, jewel21 said:

I really liked Ella and Trixie's t-shirt. I want one badly.

On 2/9/2018 at 12:42 AM, Athena5217 said:

I hope she will never get too old for a sushi shirt!

I'm tempted to get one, and I am far from Trixie's age...lol..http://www.teefury.com/sushi-hug

On 2/7/2018 at 11:18 AM, johntfs said:

Trixie is being trained by Maze in combat (and likely torture), while having Lucifer around to guide her ethics.  Trixie is going to be utterly terrifying by the time she reaches high school.  Father help the mean girls in her path, because no one else can.

Somebody make this show happen. It can be the new Buffy!

I liked the episode, but the best part BY FAR was Trixie in training.

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Kaiju Ballet said:

I liked the episode, but the best part BY FAR was Trixie in training.

I love how pretty much everyone dismisses it as cute (and it is very cute).  They don't get that Trixie and Maze take it seriously.

Also, one question has been answered.  Demons do not have any qualms about killing humans.  So in that regard, they are different from true angels, which still includes Lucifer.

Just a few thoughts on the episode. 

• Lucifer with quiet fury is a hell of a lot scarier than a Lucifer ranting.the eye glow was a fantastic exclamation point to the speech. 
  • I get the sense Lucifer's transformation is into a 'dark guardian's he will never be good per se, he is much too hedonistic and self centered to really change that. But if Lucifer thinks of you as screwed over unfairly, he's got your back. And if he actually likes you, well, "I guess it's not a good day to be a bad guy" (To quote another dark guardian/avenging angel).
  • Ella seems to generate almost as much divisiveness as Chloe, I find it easiest to simply accept she is a very broken person, who is desperately trying to be liked, or trying to be edgy and 'cool', or otherwise running from her own pain. Unfortunately her character suffers because she doesn't seem fully fleshed out.
  • Chloe's biggest issue is the writers have to twist themselves into pretzels trying to justify keeping Chloe in the dark, and it makes her character behave in ways that seem stupid or confusing.
  • The make or break moment will happen when they try to handle the Chloe reveal. It has to happen, dragging it out doesn't serve any real purpose now. Maybe the season cliffhanger?
  • It'll never happen, but I am trying to imagine Lucifer dealing with an existential threat from outside the universe, say, Cthulhu (It would be neat, but probably not translate well to television).

And... Three weeks?!?! Seriously? Is Fox trying to Firefly Lucifer?!

• Love 1
8 hours ago, bloodstar said:

And... Three weeks?!?! Seriously? Is Fox trying to Firefly Lucifer?!

Two weeks now - Lucifer returns Feb. 27.  And, no, they just don't want to compete with the Winter Olympics.  Most of my CW shows like The Flash and Arrow are doing re-runs during that time as well.  I suspect most networks are doing it, too.  The Winter Olympics are seriously throwing off February sweeps this year.

• Love 1
On 2/9/2018 at 10:46 PM, johntfs said:

I love how pretty much everyone dismisses it as cute (and it is very cute).  They don't get that Trixie and Maze take it seriously.

It's the fact that they do take it seriously, coupled with the knowledge that Trixie will never use her training to hurt anyone who doesn't completely deserve it.

How funny would it be if someone else tried to kidnap her now, and got a rude awakening!

• Love 3
On 2/15/2018 at 7:53 PM, jhlipton said:

coupled with the knowledge that Trixie will never use her training to hurt anyone who doesn't completely deserve it.

How can anyone possibly know this? Nice little kids from good families turn into bullies and troublemakers too. 

Edited by Ria
  • Love 2