Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E05: Ghouli

You're killing me, Smalls.

*runs to corner to cry*

43 minutes ago, Sharna Pax said:

It's like he realizes that if he starts thinking about this he won't be able to function enough to help Scully, so he just doesn't let himself feel anything.

And we get that brief, but powerful, moment when he tells the fake cops "You have no idea my state of mind."  You can just see the suppressed grief and rage simmering underneath the surface.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Taryn74 said:

You're killing me, Smalls.

*runs to corner to cry*

And we get that brief, but powerful, moment when he tells the fake cops "You have no idea my state of mind."  You can just see the suppressed grief and rage simmering underneath the surface.  

I loved that scene. It said a lot.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

I loved that scene. It said a lot.

I wonder if Mulder even knows what his own state of mind is at that point.

I loved that scene too, and the one where Mulder drops the bomb on Skinner that Jackson Van de Kamp was William. What really struck me was how restrained Mulder is in both those scenes. There's none of the yelling and pouting and shoving people that Mulder used to do in times of crisis. I think it's partly that he's outgrown all that, and partly that his anger goes so deep he can't begin to let himself express it.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Sharna Pax said:

I wonder if Mulder even knows what his own state of mind is at that point.

I loved that scene too, and the one where Mulder drops the bomb on Skinner that Jackson Van de Kamp was William. What really struck me was how restrained Mulder is in both those scenes. There's none of the yelling and pouting and shoving people that Mulder used to do in times of crisis. I think it's partly that he's outgrown all that, and partly that his anger goes so deep he can't begin to let himself express it.

I do at times too. But he seems to be at a far different place than he used to be at. Far more responsibilities and all that.

Could be.