Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E12: For Good

• Start Topic

Alex used to be a doctor in Seattle? Really? They made that reference.

If they don't figure out the whole Reign thing soon, I'm gonna be so annoyed. And why does Lena not think it's weird that the paramedics just gave her an antidote and disappeared without sending her to the hospital?

• Love 12

This was an interesting episode....

The Greys Anatomy easter egg was fun and all but now Alex is a doctor? Come the f on now. Get outta here with that. Who needs the DEO for anything when you have Alex? lol.

This was such a random time to bring out the Lexo Suit. I enjoyed it but that is something I'd expect for like a finale or something and for it to do actual damage.

It is such a shame that they screwed Lillian over last year. She could've been a great villain but they did her barely any favors. When she was going on about why is Lena wasting her time at Catco, I was cheering her on because I agree wholeheartedly. 

This wasnt Kara's finest moment. Allowing that droid to harm others just to get a confession. It made absolutely no sense and one of the few times they allow her backup is to battle Lena? But Reign they are just like "go fight her yourself"

I really wish they would just let Lena in on the secret, but this whole alibi is just weird. So you take her back to work instead of her apartment? Or the hospital? 

• Love 7

OK I gotta know do Melissa Benoist abd Mechad Brooks have beef or something.. Or are the writers just loathe to have them speak to each other.. Becuase how do we have an episode revolving around lena where both play a big part and they say what feels like two words to each other.. I thought maybe at the end of the epi at the party.. But nope fake out lena has to talk to her mom and I guess we needed mon-el to tell kara how tuff him being there is for her again... Smh I guess this was an OK episode otherwise and Lillian is a hoot. 

• Love 2

Hi Lillian! Bye, Lillian. I was glad to see her again, and her interactions with Lena, but the whole Cadmus arc is still unresolved.

Barely made progress on the worldkillers either.

So previously, Sam wasn't harmed by putting her hand in boiling water, but now she can get pierced by needles? Also did she forget about that, and the spaceship her (adopted) mother showed her?

Adrian Pasdar is being wasted here. Anyone could play this 2-dimensional villain.

• Love 5

I enjoyed that.

I liked Lena getting some sort of acknowledgement of a relationship with her mother, and acknowledging that she's not evil because of her friends.  I really liked Lillian wanting to protect Lena isn't of going Darth Vader on her.  And after all the father/son stuff that fuels Arrowverse, it's nice to see some mother/daughter stuff.

I liked the fact that Sam is upset at what is happening to her rather than rubbing her hands evilly in some dark lair.

Did we know that Alex is an MD? I know she worked on people who were hurt at DEO but did we know she was an MD doing research?  I do like it more than trapping Alex in a relationship as she was last season.

I loved the scene of Morgan Edge escaping from his car via the trunk.  I laughed when he said he likes strong women, thinking about who Adrian Pasgar is married to.

Good use of The Guardian.  Of course James would threaten the guy he thinks is trying to kill his girlfriend, and be fit enough to chase the coffee guy down the streets.  I liked the easter egg of Lena telling him "Jimmy Olsen, you missed all the fun" as a callback to people telling Clark Kent he missed seeing Superman in action.  I'm sure that made James happy. But wow, do KMcG and MBr not have any chemistry in this episode.

After last week's episode, I said that if one had to stay and the other to go, I wanted Imra to stay and Mon El to go because this show cannot resist making any super powered male more than Kara.  This week we get Mon El giving orders to Winn and Alex at the DEO and directing the fight in the field.  Sadly, QED.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 5

Am I crazy, or did someone get shot by that laser drone they used to get a confession from Asshole McDickhead? Even if it didn't, that seemed like a pretty risky plan just to get a confession from a guy. Someone easily could have been hurt, if they weren't already. Didn't really seem like such an amazing plan to me.

Alex was a doctor? I understood that reference! I thought Alex was some kind of scientist before she worked with the DEO? Or was that what they were referencing? Also, I like Lena (and the scenes with her and her mother were interesting) but they really need to find something for her to day. I dont want her to turn evil, but maybe focus more on her conflict, like was dealt with a bit here. Right now, she seems stuck in either her kinda romance with James, or the Reign/Sam plot. I hope Lillian comes back, they have a really interesting dynamic. 

Speaking of, I wish we could have everyone just find out who Sam is already. This has been dragged on for ages, I just want them to get on with this. 

• Love 5

Has Adrian Pasdar played a character that didn't automatically demand to be punched in the face? The man has a gift, and it's easy to laugh as he's punched around, shot at, and almost in a fatal Dukes of Hazard-style crash. What was sweeter: Edge's maneuver to exit through the trunk, the awesome bounce the car took, or the seemingly premature explosion? Oh, and why is it that anytime Adrian is seen driving a car on TV, it never ends well

So . . . Edge is arrested, and so is Lillian. Why am I not reassured? I mean, Sam is basically Reign: Destroyer of Worlds, but that doesn't show up on tests. At least she's not relieved. Yes, she doesn't have a tumor, but she's still losing time.

Somebody remembered James still has the Guardian armor! I also liked the chase with the poison coffee guy. I can totally buy Mechad as someone nicknamed "Mr. Action."

And I got nothing else.

• Love 5

I'm going to guess the Sam-is-Reign reveal will happen next episode, before the two month hiatus. I think they've been doing fairly well at pacing Sam's storyline. It might feel slow at times, but this season has really been in three acts for Sam: her origin in the first seven episodes, Reign causing havoc and proving herself to be a formidable foe for five episodes, and then, if I'm correct about Reign's identity being revealed, the hiatus will come back to Kara being aware of Sam/Reign and finding a way to save Sam and stop Reign for the last eight episodes.  It's actually a fairly good progression compared to a lot of season arcs I've seen. Of course, the question is how they handle the Sam thing once they're made aware. 

I liked the episode. I'll be honest; I totally thought it had been the same person who tried to kill Morgan and Lena, in order to start a war between the two. Hell, even once Lillian's part was revealed, I just assumed she was crazy enough to do both to try to sway Lena onto her side. 

I liked seeing Lena talk to Kara about her mother, even when Alex and Sam interrupted to talk about Sam. Some shows would have Lena stay quiet and try to deal on her own, so it was nice to see Lena be there for Sam, and then get right back to work.

It was nice to see James take on more of a role this episode. I'm still not fond of Guardian, though. I wish there was more J'onn and Winn, though. These two keep getting shafted this season. 

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the Supergirl/Mon-El teamup. I thought it was finally a good way to use Mon-El. Plus, his role in the episode was mostly to pop in, say a few lines, go out to field Lillian Luthor, tell Kara about how he's trying to be a hero, and that's it. 

I did kind of roll my eyes at the Grey's Anatomy Easter Egg, though. Sadly, it missed its mark.

• Love 3

The Greys Anatomy easter egg was fun and all but now Alex is a doctor? Come the f on now. Get outta here with that. Who needs the DEO for anything when you have Alex? lol.

That reference annoyed me because Alex was still in school when the DEO recruited her (we saw it in flashbacks). Now she already graduated and had a job in Seattle? This show is so casual about retconning its own history for any reason. 

This was such a random time to bring out the Lexo Suit. I enjoyed it but that is something I'd expect for like a finale or something and for it to do actual damage

I certainly wasn't expecting it but is a bit of an anti-climatic way to bring in that suit. That would've been better suited to a bigger event. 

It is such a shame that they screwed Lillian over last year. She could've been a great villain but they did her barely any favors. When she was going on about why is Lena wasting her time at Catco, I was cheering her on because I agree wholeheartedly. 

I agree. Lillian is one of the better villains on the show but the writing has never allowed her to reach her full potential. 

Alex was a doctor? I understood that reference! I thought Alex was some kind of scientist before she worked with the DEO?

Yes, Alex was originally introduced as having a science background. Last year they established that she also had medical knowledge/experience. I guess were supposed to think she  got a medical degree and a science degree or something like that? 

Edited by Oreo2234
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Oreo2234 said:

That reference annoyed me because Alex was still in school when the DEO recruited her (we saw it in flashbacks). Now she already graduated and had a job in Seattle? This show is so casual about retconning its own history for any reason. 

More to the point, just because she's licensed to practice medicine in Washington state doesn't mean that she's licensed to practice it anywhere else, including wherever National City and the DEO are supposed to be.  Unless she's licensed to practice there, what she's doing is illegal.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Oreo2234 said:

She didn't really have a job as a doctor in Seattle.. She's just using that as a cover 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Am I crazy, or did someone get shot by that laser drone they used to get a confession from Asshole McDickhead? Even if it didn't, that seemed like a pretty risky plan just to get a confession from a guy. Someone easily could have been hurt, if they weren't already. Didn't really seem like such an amazing plan to me.

Yeah we saw a bodyguard or someone get shot. 

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, Trini said:

So previously, Sam wasn't harmed by putting her hand in boiling water, but now she can get pierced by needles? Also did she forget about that, and the spaceship her (adopted) mother showed her?

She also wasn't harmed by a bullet. I was sure the needle wouldn't penetrate her skin and Alex would start to put two and two together. But no, this gets drawn out even longer. I'm frustrated with how slow this is, as well as that Lena still doesn't know that Kara is Supergirl.

• Love 4

If Morgan Edge was really as smart as he thinks he is, he should be thinking "Hmm... this Guardian fellow really seems offended that I'm endangering Lena Luthor.  I wonder what his connection is?  Who is close to her and really protective towards her?"

For a second, I honestly thought it was going to be revealed that Lillian was pitting both Morgan and Lena against one another, because if anyone is insane enough to put her own daughter's life on the line, it would be her.  But alas, she's just your typical evil, but loving mother, who wanted to ice Morgan's ass.  Hopefully she won't be gone for too long.  Really love Brenda Strong and how she and Katie McGrath play off one another.

I'm no fancy lawyer, but wouldn't Morgan have a good case for being coerced or threatened to confess?  He can easily just claim he lied because he felt like his life was in danger.  Maybe I need to ask the legal experts over on The Flash (I kid!  I kid!!)

Odette Annable is doing her best, but I'm really ready for them to find out the truth about Reign.  They just haven't really spent enough time with Sam and her bonding with Kara/Alex/Lena, so this whole "We're all the best of friends!" relationship still rings hollow for me.

Whelp, back to Winn just hanging out in the background and provided some snark.

"We make a good team!"  Totally time to set the "Mon-El and Kara will hook-up again" clock in 3, 2, 1....

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Has Adrian Pasdar played a character that didn't automatically demand to be punched in the face?

Mysterious Ways, 2000 - 2002. He played an anthropology professor who believed in miracles and was the romantic lead and pretty sexy. It also starred Rae Dawn Chong and was decent entertainment.  Also shot in Vancouver like Supergirl.

I couldn't believe that Edge didn't figure out that The Guardian is James when he was so close to him.  The skin colour, the voice, the height ... it seemed pretty obvious to me.

30 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I'm going to guess the Sam-is-Reign reveal will happen next episode, before the two month hiatus. I think they've been doing fairly well at pacing Sam's storyline. It might feel slow at times, but this season has really been in three acts for Sam: her origin in the first seven episodes, Reign causing havoc and proving herself to be a formidable foe for five episodes, and then, if I'm correct about Reign's identity being revealed, the hiatus will come back to Kara being aware of Sam/Reign and finding a way to save Sam and stop Reign for the last eight episodes.  It's actually a fairly good progression compared to a lot of season arcs I've seen. Of course, the question is how they handle the Sam thing once they're made aware.

They've also set up the friendships with Kara, Alex and Lena so there will either be redemption courtesy of her friends, as Lena told them about why she didn't turn evil in this episode, or an even bigger tragedy when Sam dies.

1. Ok, I admit I laughed at the Grey's Anatomy's reference, but I would kinda think that if Alex had an MD, it would have been mentioned before this - Flash went well out of its way to establish that Caitlin is a MD, and did you realize that Caitlin is an MD, and by the way, this might not have been clear to everyone, but Caitlin is an MD. I know we saw Alex looking at medical stuff and through microscopes before, but the doctor bit was new.

2. And in any case, MD or not, when did Alex learn to operate an MRI machine, and when did she become a radiologist? I know this show likes to cut corners when it can, but really, hiring a single day player to play a radiology technician, thus sparing us the nonsensical "I don't want to go to a hospital!" explanation for the lack of day players, might have been a better move here.

3. More importantly: Sam realizes that she's having memory problems and losing time, and a) doesn't once connect this, to, I dunno, the alien spaceship in her mother's backyard, and b) doesn't once ask one of her new friends to walk her home just to make sure she's safe?

4. On that note, why didn't any of the new friends offer to walk her home just to make sure she's safe?

5. Loved Lillian's "True love is being willing to commit complicated murders to keep my daughter safe."  That said, Lillian, if you really just wanted revenge for your daughter and to keep her safe, maybe hold off on doing the thingy with Morgan Edge's car until your daughter can't possibly be connected to it?

6. So, ok, the bullet dissolved. Great. But wouldn't forensics still be able to deduce something from the angle of the entry wound and all that?

7. Agreed that really, Morgan Edge should be easily able to figure out that James is the Guardian. But on that note, uh, how exactly is Lena not aware that Supergirl and Kara are one and the same at this point? I mean, she just happens to dream that Kara can fly, fog just happens to show up around Kara, Supergirl just happens to appear just a few feet away from where Kara is no longer standing.....I mean, ok, yes, it's a bit odd that Supergirl would be standing right next to Kara's ex, Mon-El, but otherwise, if you want me to believe that Lena is smart, you need to drop this subplot, Supergirl.

• Love 5

Compared to last week, I was a bit bored. I need for the Sam is Reign plot to be uncovered more quickly. At least we had the "my friends need to take care of Ruby if anything happens to me" talk. 

Lillian Luthor is a great villain. Too bad that she doesn't stick around longer. 

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

If Morgan Edge was really as smart as he thinks he is, he should be thinking "Hmm... this Guardian fellow really seems offended that I'm endangering Lena Luthor.  I wonder what his connection is?  Who is close to her and really protective towards her?"

Additionally, James managed to rush out of CatCo, keep up with assassin, and was at the scene when the would be assassin was shot in broad daylight. There's no way that Morgan Edge put 2 and 2 together and came up with 5.

For a second, I honestly thought it was going to be revealed that Lillian was pitting both Morgan and Lena against one another, because if anyone is insane enough to put her own daughter's life on the line, it would be her.  But alas, she's just your typical evil, but loving mother, who wanted to ice Morgan's ass.  Hopefully she won't be gone for too long.  Really love Brenda Strong and how she and Katie McGrath play off one another.

I really thought it was Lillian pitting Morgan and Lena against each other.

I'm no fancy lawyer, but wouldn't Morgan have a good case for being coerced or threatened to confess?  He can easily just claim he lied because he felt like his life was in danger.  Maybe I need to ask the legal experts over on The Flash (I kid!  I kid!!)

That confession was obtained under duress. It's inadmissible. It's the same reason that confessions obtained by beatings aren't admissible or ones where a suspect is held indefinitely.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, bettername2come said:

Alex used to be a doctor in Seattle? Really? They made that reference.

If they don't figure out the whole Reign thing soon, I'm gonna be so annoyed. And why does Lena not think it's weird that the paramedics just gave her an antidote and disappeared without sending her to the hospital?

She's not as clever as she thinks she is? Especially if she still hasn't figured out who Kara is (Lillian knows, right?)

I expected that Alex would not be able to draw blood from Sam, but that would be too easy.

1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

The Greys Anatomy easter egg was fun and all but now Alex is a doctor?

That's consistent with her background story. She's always had medical training -she's a biologist  with an MD/PhD from Stanford.

1 hour ago, Primal Slayer said:

This wasnt Kara's finest moment. Allowing that droid to harm others just to get a confession 

Yup. Which, as Edge said, won't hold up because he gave it under threat of imminent death. And if the police ask Lena if it's true as Edge says that she tried to kill him with a gun, is she going to lie?

• Love 1

I felt sorry Edge lost two cars this episode and I don't believe he tried to kill Lena. They should have blamed Eve first.

Not a good look for Mercedes showing their back seats coming apart like Lego blocks.

I understand Sam hates hospitals but Alex should have been her last choice to examine her. 

The message I took J'onns speech to Kara is "you are on your own against the world killers when they come. Don't expect much from me".

Did I misunderstand something or did Lena not admit to Kara that she tried to kill Morgan? In most cities, and on most earths, attempted murder is still against the law--a felony in fact. Yet she's sorry so Kara just hand waves it away? Maybe since they gave him stock dialogue for villains (ranting about 'liberal media') Kara figured he had it coming. (The confession thing was also stupid, for reasons already given.) I missed whenever it was dropped that Alex was a doctor, in fact a physician, and what's more a medical technician - she can operate the machine, interpret the results, diagnose, prescribe, and will probably whip up a few disease cures in her spare time.

• Love 1

I'm still not buying that Lena hasn't figured out that Kara is Supergirl. Enough of that already show.

Cat Grant figured it out on her own, and she also figured out that James was Guardian just by seeing his eyes through his helmet slit. And Maggie figured it out on her own as well.

Also NO WAY that that coerced confession would hold up in court.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

"We make a good team!"  Totally time to set the "Mon-El and Kara will hook-up again" clock in 3, 2, 1....

Only if Saturn Girl dies or end up being evil.  Longing glances are one thing but they are not going to have their hero hook up with a married man.

James needs to consider putting some sort of covering over his eye slit (like Robocop) because anyone who gets a good look and already knows him will be able to figure it out.  That or maybe he should start wearing some glasses while in civilian mode.

I will say that unlike some other shows where they have no idea what to do with their talented female cast members this one has no idea what to do with the guys.  Winn has been reduced to snarky tech support, James is just kind of there, J'onn mostly stands around and gives the occasional pep talk while inexplicably refusing to help Kara in the field, and Edge has been reduced to some cliched comic book villain.  Even Mon-El has turned into a generic good guy who floats around the DEO.

4 hours ago, david gideon said:

Did I misunderstand something or did Lena not admit to Kara that she tried to kill Morgan? In most cities, and on most earths, attempted murder is still against the law--a felony in fact. Yet she's sorry so Kara just hand waves it away?

To quote Sideshow Bob - "Attempted murder. Now honestly what is that? Can you win a Nobel Prize for attempted chemistry?"

• Love 6

I missed Brainy. I thought this was poor episode. Definitely filler.  I was most annoyed by Jon and his speech with Kara. It was like that was out of another episode. It wasn't "earned' here. It makes Kara seem very neurotic that still needs so much assurance.  Had she referenced what happened with Livewire I might have bought it but clearly this was a very general speech for no real reason this episode. 

I was also taken aback by Mon-el revealing himself to Lena. Why? Why? I would LOVE to hear what Kara comes up with to explain that. Of all the people to go out and be seen to Lena.... seemed stupid. 

I am also both lost and annoyed at Lena's continued circular storylines where she almost goes dark and then pulls back. The more she tries to affirm to herself that she is "good" the more it seems like she is just kidding herself.  Plus good or bad isn't that simple.  Her "crafty" evil plot with edge was just lame as could be. There is no way he would be held on that.  His life was threatened not to mention he probably has most of the police on retainer. It also almost went to heck if not for an assist by three superheroes.

Did I misunderstand something or did Lena not admit to Kara that she tried to kill Morgan? 

You didn't misunderstand. It is nice that when Kara's friends admit that they tried to kill someone she just brushes it off. 

Edited by BooBear
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, VCRTracking said:

I'm going to assume that if Edge's security guard called her "Miss" instead of "Sweetheart" Kara would've been nicer to him because the guy was just doing his job!

"Don't grab women Sweetheart."  Yikes.  About as subtle as Mike Tyson and Harvey Weinstein in a Women's Dormitory.  Nice try though.

Better than last week, but it seems like this show is still trying to find its way.  There were some positive signs however.  After nearly three seasons we now know why Alex is able to perform medical procedures, even if it seemed like an after-thought by the writers. Slightly better cast integration as a lot of folks got stuff to do - Mon-El was actually helpful for the first time on this show.  J'onn and Winn almost seemed shoe-horned in this week to fulfill contractual obligations.

Kara spent most of this episode in civilian clothes and frequently displaying her powers.  That should come back to haunt her, but probably won't.  Lillian as Transformer/Iron Man may just be the most awesome thing this show has ever done.

Lena in that Black dress makes me wanna marry Katie McGrath even more.  I'd draw a bath and cook dinner for her every single night.

8 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

She's not as clever as she thinks she is? Especially if she still hasn't figured out who Kara is (Lillian knows, right?)

Yes, Lillian figured it out a long time ago. In fact, she taunted Supergirl with that bit of knowledge by predicting that when Lena finds out (as Lillian feels she will eventually), it will drive an insurmountable wedge between her and Supergirl.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, cambridgeguy said:

James needs to consider putting some sort of covering over his eye slit (like Robocop) because anyone who gets a good look and already knows him will be able to figure it out.  That or maybe he should start wearing some glasses while in civilian mode.

Honestly, in a city where Kara in her, well, Kara outfit, can stand beside giant pictures of herself in her Supergirl outfit and no one recognizes her, I don't think James has anything to worry about. Though I do agree someone like Edge, having James in his face, glaring and growling at him about Lena, is one of the exceptions. And except for PLOT! I still don't understand why Kara isn't telling Lena the truth. It makes Kara look like a jerk, since Lena (and Sam, somehow) is one of the most important people in her life and yet is virtually the only one who don't know she's Supergirl, and while it's probably not intentional it kind of makes Lena look silly. 

Is there a rationale for why Alex's needle penetrated Sam's skin? I realize Mon-El made a point that she is not strictly Kryptonian, but as has been mentioned she can shrug off bullets, knives, explosions, yet a tiny, thin piece of metal goes right in? The only thing I can come up with is when she is Sam she doesn't know she is invulnerable so she isn't but whenever she is Reign she is, though that doesn't explain the perfectly rational Sam sticking her hand in boiling water and being shocked it didn't hurt her. It's as if Reign is aware of the plot and her powers work to further it, so since she knows she is not supposed to be identified yet she allows Alex's needle to affect her but will shrug off a cannon to the face or whatever next time it's convenient.

Since Lena was using the drones to scare Edge into a confession (which even a child with only the rudimentary knowledge of law that comes from catching an old Perry Mason rerun knows would never hold up in court in any sort of rational world) and since Kara and the DEO most likely wouldn't have gone along with the plan if she was really intent to hurt or kill Edge, I'm going to go with the blasts it was firing were non-lethal, at least when it comes to hitting people. So that guard is fine. He may have one hell of a hangover, but he's fine. Probably.

Edited by KirkB
Spelling is my friend.
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, cambridgeguy said:

Only if Saturn Girl dies or end up being evil.  Longing glances are one thing but they are not going to have their hero hook up with a married man.

Dies, ends up being evil, or heads back to the future without Mon-El, giving Mon-El and Kara her blessing. One of those does seem to be coming up, alas, since this is not the sort of show that can go with the other solution, a permanent threesome, or foursome if Brainy is brought in. Or pull the genuine surprise trick of having Kara and Saturn Girl realize that they are absolutely meant for each other and toss Mon-El to the curb.

I don't hate Mon-El, but I still think he's the most boring of the love interests so far, and I'd rather see Kara with one of the other possibilities, but the longing glances and the fighting together assure me that I am not going to be getting what I want here. Oh well. The Arrowverse shows have certainly had worse pairings.

12 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Not a good look for Mercedes showing their back seats coming apart like Lego blocks.

They actually have rear folding seats. Usually luxury vehicles don't have rear folding seats, but lots of other car makes and models do. Mercedes does have models with folding rear seats.

Edge, under pressure, admitted to trying to kill Lena through lead poisoning. Alex, however, previously diagnosed it as being arsenic poisoning. It's obviously a clue to us that he's not actually the attempted murderer.

• Love 1

I had wondered about this:  http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/01/30/supergirl-reveals-that-the-arrowverse-superman-killed-zod/

4 hours ago, KirkB said:

Is there a rationale for why Alex's needle penetrated Sam's skin? I realize Mon-El made a point that she is not strictly Kryptonian, but as has been mentioned she can shrug off bullets, knives, explosions, yet a tiny, thin piece of metal goes right in? The only thing I can come up with is when she is Sam she doesn't know she is invulnerable so she isn't but whenever she is Reign she is, though that doesn't explain the perfectly rational Sam sticking her hand in boiling water and being shocked it didn't hurt her. It's as if Reign is aware of the plot and her powers work to further it, so since she knows she is not supposed to be identified yet she allows Alex's needle to affect her but will shrug off a cannon to the face or whatever next time it's convenient.

When recounting her symptoms to Alex, wouldn't it have been helpful to mention the boiling water, bending metal and moment of super-strength?  Alex doesn't take a very good medical history (have you shown any recent signs of super powers?) 

4 hours ago, KirkB said:

Since Lena was using the drones to scare Edge into a confession (which even a child with only the rudimentary knowledge of law that comes from catching an old Perry Mason rerun knows would never hold up in court in any sort of rational world) and since Kara and the DEO most likely wouldn't have gone along with the plan if she was really intent to hurt or kill Edge, I'm going to go with the blasts it was firing were non-lethal, at least when it comes to hitting people. So that guard is fine. He may have one hell of a hangover, but he's fine. Probably.

Did Lena reprogram Lillian's drones, though?  I'm pretty sure Lillian meant to kill Edge, not non-lethally blast him.

Speaking of which, why go to all the trouble to hack Edge's car, which could have had all sorts of unwanted side effects?  She obviously has a sniper who can shoot a running villain (with a dissolving bullet.)  Just use the sniper for Edge.  It couldn't be that hard to follow him.

• Love 1

Since when can Mon-El fly? I'm going to assume this is some new power attributed to his status in the Legion of Superheroes but I missed the memo on this. He just flies now. OK then.

Another instance where the show errs in relying on preexisting knowledge of these characters from the comic books.

I did laugh when Kara knocked down that bouncer and said "Don't grab women, sweetheart."

"Don't grab women Sweetheart."  Yikes.  About as subtle as Mike Tyson and Harvey Weinstein in a Women's Dormitory.  Nice try though.

For some reason, this really rubbed me the wrong way.  We saw no evidence that the security guard / bouncer was involved in anything illegal or nefarious.  He was simply doing his job.  He was trying to keep out those who were not invited.  Kara was not invited.  I feel safe in saying that he would have been just as likely to grab a man who tried to trespass by the arm (and probably been more forceful).  There was no reason for Kara to go all Supergirl on him.  Maybe try to use your wits next time Kara.

You didn't misunderstand. It is nice that when Kara's friends admit that they tried to kill someone she just brushes it off. 

But Edge had been mean to Lena and therefore deserved it.  (sarcasm intended).

Edited by Guest
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

Since when can Mon-El fly? I'm going to assume this is some new power attributed to his status in the Legion of Superheroes but I missed the memo on this. He just flies now. OK then.

Another instance where the show errs in relying on preexisting knowledge of these characters from the comic books.

Actually, he can't fly.  In comic book canon, all Legion members have flight rings.

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Actually, he can't fly.  In comic book canon, all Legion members have flight rings.

They've shown the rings on the show.

• Love 1

And we saw them donning these rings two episodes ago but there wasn't any dialogue to explain it gave them the power to fly. I just connected the dots and relied on the nice people on this forum to fill me in.

• Love 3

Alex is the world's greatest doctor, she learned how to cure a broken leg in one week. I don't know why the writers claimed it was broken in the first place, a twisted ankle or stubbed toe would have worked just as well.

• Love 6

I was too distracted by the horrible lipstick when Kara returned to the cheap ass gala after the Lilian Luther takedown.

I don't know what's going on with this show lately, but it's not very good anymore. I can't agree enough that it makes absolutely no sense that Supergirl is still hiding her identity from Lena. Especially in an episode where we're supposed to respect Lena's Luthor smarts.

I'd also really love to know what medical school teaches you to identify a poison from a 2 second sniff, considering the high probability of futuristic science/alien gear we've seen on this show. 

For f**k's sake, this used to be a good show.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, sarkygal said:

I don't know what's going on with this show lately, but it's not very good anymore. I can't agree enough that it makes absolutely no sense that Supergirl is still hiding her identity from Lena. Especially in an episode where we're supposed to respect Lena's Luthor smarts.

The only reason I could think of would be that somehow another Luther might realize she knows and compel her to reveal the secret, but Lillian already knows and if Lex escapes, he could find out from her, so that line of reasoning is very weak since Lena is on guard against her family.  It's much more likely that one of the various people at the DEO would give it away.

I know there was a rush, but there should have been away for Supergirl to take the coffee cup or some of its contents with her, even if she had to hold it in her mouth and spit it out at the DEO. Perhaps they have machinery that could have swiftly analyzed it, or Kara's telescopic vision could have matched the molecules to a database, etc.  She should really memorize the smell and taste of various chemicals, including poisons.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, sarkygal said:

I'd also really love to know what medical school teaches you to identify a poison from a 2 second sniff, considering the high probability of futuristic science/alien gear we've seen on this show. 

For f**k's sake, this used to be a good show.

Cyanide is well-known to have an almond scent. Nothing to do with medical school, and really just got lucky that it was an identifiable poison. There is apparently a portion of the population that cannot smell it.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, valandsend said:

Edge, under pressure, admitted to trying to kill Lena through lead poisoning. Alex, however, previously diagnosed it as being arsenic poisoning. It's obviously a clue to us that he's not actually the attempted murderer.

I believe he was admitting to all of the things he'd done, which included (simulated) lead poisoning of National City's children (framing Lena for the lead bomb she set off to defeat the Daxamites). It was a little confusing how he worded it -- "I did it. All of it. The lead poisoning, I tried to kill you. I tried to cover my tracks" -- but I think he was confessing to two different crimes there.

• Love 2

I don't actually think Edge was behind poisoning Lena. I think Lillian did it, which was why she had a supersniper stationed in exactly the right place at exactly the right time. She probably had confidence that Lena would have sufficient safety protocols in place to get treatment quickly and start investigating the mysterious bullet. And, if not, well, that's natural selection for you. Still got one living kid, right?

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 3
On 1/29/2018 at 8:30 PM, Trini said:

Not to mention the fact that they examined Sam in an MRI and did a blood test yet somehow there was nothing that gave any indication she was an alien. To be able to do what she can do Sam simply cannot have the same anatomy as a human being.

On 1/29/2018 at 8:34 PM, tennisgurl said:

And any lawyer on the planet would be able to get the confession thrown out of court on grounds of coercion. Or at least that's what I would say, if last season NCIS New Orleans didn't have the same sort of coerced confession of the bad guy happen and have it actually stick.

On 1/29/2018 at 9:20 PM, statsgirl said:

I couldn't believe that Edge didn't figure out that The Guardian is James when he was so close to him.  The skin colour, the voice, the height ... it seemed pretty obvious to me.

On 1/29/2018 at 9:48 PM, quarks said:

7. Agreed that really, Morgan Edge should be easily able to figure out that James is the Guardian. But on that note, uh, how exactly is Lena not aware that Supergirl and Kara are one and the same at this point? I mean, she just happens to dream that Kara can fly, fog just happens to show up around Kara, Supergirl just happens to appear just a few feet away from where Kara is no longer standing.....I mean, ok, yes, it's a bit odd that Supergirl would be standing right next to Kara's ex, Mon-El, but otherwise, if you want me to believe that Lena is smart, you need to drop this subplot, Supergirl.

The problem is that we, as the audience, have always known who these people are. Bruce Wayne being Batman, Sam is Reign, Kara is Supergirl, James Olson is Guardian, Clark Kent is Superman, etc. we start from this position. This is the reason viewers think that secret identities are SO obvious and that other characters are SO stupid for not figuring it out. Believe it or not, it would take a massive logical leap for anyone to figure out these people's identities without direct evidence of it or them outright saying it, if Lena figured out Kara was Supergirl or Edge figured out James was Guardian or pretty much any given X character figuring out that Y is actually Z without say changing their outfits and using their powers on camera or outright telling them it would actually be extremely unrealistic, especially considering the sheer number of people that live in their respective cities.

Besides, Lena would not be the first Luthor who is pathologically unable to realize that somebody they know and see frequently is actually a Kryptonian superhero, even with some really really blatant evidence right in front of them.

Edited by immortalfrieza
  • Love 8