Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Heartbreaker

Drogo
  • Start Topic

On Valentine's Day, a surprise marriage proposal goes awry with dangerous consequences. Athena attempts to help a desperate woman and unintentionally joins the Lonely Hearts Club. Bobby and Chimney pull holiday duty and learn about the "Casanova Fracture" and Abby and Buck go on their first official date.

That Fatal Attraction plot was crazy fun. It was really over the top but because they lampshaded it up front with the shout out to the film, I was ready to roll with it. Angela Basset managed to ground the story enough to make it work. 

Chimney being all better was ridiculous. Abby performing an emergency tracheotomy was ridiculous. This is a ridiculous show. I find leaning into it makes it more enjoyable. 

• Love 12
Just now, vibeology said:

That Fatal Attraction plot was crazy fun. It was really over the top but because they lampshaded it up front with the shout out to the film, I was ready to roll with it. Angela Basset managed to ground the story enough to make it work. 

Chimney being all better was ridiculous. Abby performing an emergency tracheotomy was ridiculous. This is a ridiculous show. I find leaning into it makes it more enjoyable. 

I agree 100%. The fatal attraction plot was a blast, and the actress playing the crazy chick nailed it. I’m not watching this show for anything but pure fun entertainment, so I’m totally willing to go with the flow. I’m glad I stuck with it after the first week when I was too lazy to get up off my couch and change the channel after X-Files. This show is absolutely ridiculous, but so much fun. 

Also, Abby was gorgeous in that dress! She’s got such a good heart that I can’t help but to root for her, and I like the blossoming relationship between her and Buck. 

Watching Athena speed through the city to deliver the kidney was pretty awesome. That scene must have been fun to film! The last scene with the cookies and wine left for her by her family was super sweet. 

• Love 12

Abby's high-water pants she wore to the party at the firehouse were HORRIBLE. Good God. If she'd worn fitted jeans she'd have been smoking. I wasn't crazy about her dress from the top down (too many ruffles), but at least she looked like a woman with some sex appeal.

Chimney had a pole though his head and has nothing but a small scar? No brain damage at all?

This show doesn't know what it is. Is it a dark comedy? A serious drama? It's not a procedural.

• Love 13

This was a fun episode.

I know alot of people don't like Buck but I kinda dig Buck and Abby as a pairing.  I like that Abby is being put in with the group more and showing up at the party was a nice scene.   Yes Abby performing the emergency tracheotomy was ridiculous but this show is ridiculous fun.  I kinda dig that. 

Athena walking in on the crazy chick who glued the guy she just killed back together again was also crazy fun.   This show is kinda at its best when it goes balls out crazy.  

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

This was a fun episode.

I know alot of people don't like Buck but I kinda dig Buck and Abby as a pairing.  I like that Abby is being put in with the group more and showing up at the party was a nice scene.   Yes Abby performing the emergency tracheotomy was ridiculous but this show is ridiculous fun.  I kinda dig that. 

Athena walking in on the crazy chick who glued the guy she just killed back together again was also crazy fun.   This show is kinda at its best when it goes balls out crazy.  

I like Buck more now that he's trying to act like a grownup. And I'm all for Abby exploring the attraction. She deserves it! Like she said, she wanted to put on cute underwear* and have a nice time. That's great!

I thought Bobby was checking her out when she got to the party.

*Although she could wear fancy underwear just for herself. Lots of women do!

• Love 8

Grown man Buck doesn't know how to tie a tie?  I know he's not the brightest bulb, but don't most guys learn to do this around Junior High?

Edited by Guest
11 hours ago, RogerDodger said:

Grown man Buck doesn't know how to tie a tie?  I know he's not the brightest bulb, but don't most guys learn to do this around Junior High?

Plenty of men barely use ties thus they don't know or remember how to tie.

And now the show is finally embracing the fact that this is a Ryan Murphy production. Let's get bonkers people.

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 8
37 minutes ago, RogerDodger said:

Not necessarily. I had to tie a tie recently  for a friend who's 30.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

Chimney had a pole though his head and has nothing but a small scar? No brain damage at all?

I wrote about this in the thread for the episode in which it happened. I was on the scene of a fence post through the noggin' about 30 or so years back, and the dude walked out of the hospital under his own steam a couple of weeks later. It was a 2" OD pipe, not a 5/8" rebar, so yeah, it's possible, but it would have left one hell of a scar, front and back. Handwaved away because why bother with the makeup expense when they could spend that money renting a damned Cessna Caravan and putting it down on a golf course (or CGI'ing the hell out of it).

Props (ahem) for the creative use of a checklist, I'll give him that. I'm a private pilot, although I haven't flown in years. On my checklist for a 172RG, before taking my now-wife up for a ride I did a custom pre-start checklist, which read in part "Fuel...on both, Mixture...rich, Master...on, <#HerName>...goosed, mags...both, CLEAR PROP...." Checklist completed, pilot smacked. Just sayin'. But I'd sure like to know how to get a NAV/COM to dial into the Public Switched Telephone Network. That was a neat trick, though definitely not better than making a MAYDAY call and requesting direct to BUR (2 minutes from where they were, by the looks of it), with EMS waiting. Oh, and there's a fire station on the field, too. And yeah, 65 knots my ass. About 80 over the fence!

PsychoBabe was played great. Loved it.

I learned to tie a necktie when I was about 8 or 9. And since he's wearing a $1.29 suit, why not his uniform clip-on tie to go with it if he's that dumb?

I swear, I lost IQ points watching this tonight, but it had its moments of stupid fun, so there is that.

• Love 3

I'm really hoping Bobby and Abby will become a thing now. I hope that's what the longing glance at her at the party was hinting at.

I would've told that guy to shove his engagement ring. That stunt was not cute. It was his first time flying with her!

• Love 17
7 hours ago, bilgistic said:

I'm really hoping Bobby and Abby will become a thing now. I hope that's what the longing glance at her at the party was hinting at.

I would've told that guy to shove his engagement ring. That stunt was not cute. It was his first time flying with her!

And the coffee at the hospital. They just fit together better.

• Love 11

One thing that did bother me was Buck taking a cell phone call while working on the patient from the plane.  To his credit, he did immediately say he was working when he answered.  It appeared to be his personal cell and Abby appeared to be calling from her personal cell.  The caller ID said "Abby Clark" not 911 dispatch.  He should have just let it go to voicemail, even though answering it did save the woman's life.  And would Abby have really known that Buck & Co were the unit that responded to the call.  Surely, there are literally thousands of first responders in a city that size.  And since she was giving them vital medical info, wouldn't she have called on official channels.  I thought all 911 communications were recorded for liability purposes.  Clearly, the show is not grounded in reality but there are some little details they could get right without much effort.

10 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Plenty of men barely use ties this they don't know or remember how to tie.

And now the show is finally embracing the fact that this is a Ryan Murphy production. Let's get bonkers people.

Agree - I've given up on trying to make any sense of it and just enjoying it for the hot mess it is.  Nobody's winning an award for this, but it is entertaining at times.

• Love 6

Oh for the love of Pete! When is Buck going to stop picking up his damn phone in the middle of emergencies??? It was bad enough last week but at least he wasn't actively involved in doing anything at that moment but this week they were administering CPR on this woman and he picks up his damn phone right in the middle of it? Right in front of his boss, no less? You'd think they'd make him stop bringing his phone on calls by now because it's such a huge distraction for him. I'm waiting for the day they lose someone because he stops whatever he's doing to pick up his damn phone. This is ridiculous.

I can definitely see an Abby/Buck/Bobby triangle coming up in the near future, alas.

• Love 6

I gotta admit, I'm very "meh" at the thought of an Abby/Buck romance.  I think that maybe he needs some real therapy for his sex addiction, and I was completely turned off last week when he was all "Hey Abby...now that you're done panicking about your lost mother...wanna have sex with me?"  Yuck.

Bobby seemed intrigued by Abby, and I kinda wanted them to meet and share an attraction when the show first started.  Unfortunately, his personal life is a dumpster fire, so I don't know about that anymore.  Sigh.

And my goodness, yes, those highwater pants worn by Abby were awful!  I think maybe the show is trying to downplay Connie Britton's beauty, but ha! it's not working very well.

Anyways, my sense is that they're going to throw an Abby/Bobby mutual attraction into the mix for more drama.  I don't know if anyone else got that impression, but there was just something about the way Peter Krause played that first meeting.   

• Love 9

Not only didn't I like those highwater pants, but I thought her date dress was awful, too.  Plus, she should trim her hair.  It seems like the stylists are going out of their way to make her look bad.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Not only didn't I like those highwater pants, but I thought her date dress was awful, too.  Plus, she should trim her hair.  It seems like the stylists are going out of their way to make her look bad.  

I laughed when the home nurse said she had "hair like an angel." Connie Britton does have gorgeous hair - people have been talking about it since Friday Night Lights - but it does need a trim. 

• Love 9

Is this show for real? I felt like I was watching a different show (like Rescue Scream Queens). 

35 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I laughed when the home nurse said she had "hair like an angel." Connie Britton does have gorgeous hair - people have been talking about it since Friday Night Lights - but it does need a trim. 

Agree! A few inches cut off and her hair would be gorgeous!

Chimney is back after 2 weeks?! No brain damage? No issues with his cognitive abilities? Or memory? It looked like he didn't even have the coordination of getting a piece of cake from his fork to his mouth, yet he's 100% capable of saving lives?

I didn't mind the pilot proposal plot...At least the pilot was calm and rational and didnt act like a complete dope!

The fatal attraction plot was crazy...and not in a good way. Athena couldn't wrestle a gun away from this chick or put up a fight when being taped to the chair, but managed to break out of duct tape and grab the knife from crazy eyes?? The Valentine from her family at the end was the only part of this episode that I liked.

Abby and Bobby make a way better couple! And they have way better chemistry too! Please let Buck die!! Please!! From what this show has done so far, I guess we can expect one character to arrive at death's door on a regular basis. Ep 2 was Chimney with the rebar through his skull. Tonight's was ep 6 with Buck choking to death (almost). At this rate, everyone will have a "miracle recovery" by the end of the first season. 

Edited by juliet73
  • Love 4

It looked like he didn't even have the coordination of getting a piece of cake from his fork to his mouth, yet he's 100% capable of saving lives?

He barely even had a scar. It looked like maybe he had a dime-size cut on his forehead. You'd think he'd sufferend nothing more severe than a shard of glass nicking his skin. 

• Love 2

I second (third? fourth?) the fact that Bobby and Abby had more chemistry in one look when she showed up at the firehouse with her terrible pants than Buck and Abby have in any episode.

I don’t know if he’s looking for romance, but I kinda hope he tries.

Abby.  Don’t tell your mother which one is the teaspoon.  Let her try to remember.  Carla was standing right there, she wouldn’t have let her put the wrong ingredient in.

I was amused that the guy who jumped from the balcony was actually the lady’s husband.  I appreciate updating the same old trope.

• Love 8

When Abby and Bobby first saw each other at the station, I turned to my husband and said, "Those two are end game."  They way the actors played the scene and the way it was filmed made that clear.    I like that the show is bonkers.  I thought it was going to be a ho hum procedural but with a great cast.  I'm pleasantly surprised.  Angela Basset is fantastic and her character is a badass.  Love it.

• Love 15
On 2/7/2018 at 11:16 PM, RogerDodger said:

The correct way is to tie it once and leave it that way forever. Open the hole, slip over your head and tighten, then reverse the process to remove.

Why isn't Athena riding the desk?

• Love 7
18 hours ago, SonofaBiscuit said:

And my goodness, yes, those highwater pants worn by Abby were awful!  I think maybe the show is trying to downplay Connie Britton's beauty, but ha! it's not working very well.

16 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I think they are downplaying her beauty too but it makes sense.  She's a 911 operator taking care of her ailing mother.  She wouldn't be worried about glamming herself up all the time plus she doesn't get paid tons of money to afford to have routine hair treatments, etc.  I am glad that seems to be one thing they're trying to get right.  They're not trying with anything else.

9 hours ago, gaucho91 said:

Unless I am mistaken, that was Abby and Bobby kissing in the preview/promo at the end of the episode.

Definitely was Buck.

8 hours ago, RealityCreator said:

When Abby and Bobby first saw each other at the station, I turned to my husband and said, "Those two are end game."  They way the actors played the scene and the way it was filmed made that clear.    I like that the show is bonkers.  I thought it was going to be a ho hum procedural but with a great cast.  I'm pleasantly surprised.  Angela Basset is fantastic and her character is a badass.  Love it.

I think they're end game too, but I think it'll take some time to get there (if the show lasts that long).  Bobby has some stuff to get through and I think Abby does too.  I would be fully onboard with the Abby/Buck pairing if Buck didn't have an apparent sex addiction just because that takes what could be a fun fling and turns it into something to be more serious about.

I am glad I just gave up worrying about what was wrong.  This show is just crazy, but I've embraced the crazy and am enjoying it.  For me, though, the only real bleak spot is Athena.  Part of me feels bad for her because of how her husband told her he was gay, but I just don't like the way she's been handling it. 

• Love 4

Oh, thank goodness, Ryan Murphy finally showed up to play on this show.

I am not a procedural kinda girl, they bore me. They have a template, and every week is basically the same, just plugging in new names/crimes. This show has been pretty much that, until this week. I am here for the batshit crazy, thank you. I get people who like procedurals, even tho I'm not one, but I didn't expect a Ryan Murphy show to be that. I'm hoping this episode wasn't an anomaly, and the crazy sticks around.

Fatal Attraction girl was FABulous.

I think Connie Britton is a great looking woman, but I while I could see every man at the firehouse drooling over her in her black flamenco-y date dress....I don't see it happening in those pants and those glasses, honestly. The pants were weird, but they could be styled full on fashionista....they were not here. And the glasses....ugh. I know big frames, and clear frames are back in fashion, even if I do think they're fugly, but hers are just so terrible to me. They take up half her face, and the effect, even if it IS supposed to be stylish, just screams old lady glasses to me, or like glasses she had back in the 80s and never replaced or updated.

I did laugh at her inner monologue about the waiter carding Buck....I'm 16 years older than my long term significant other, and he looks younger than he actually is...he still gets carded fairly often. I do not. It does make you die a little inside, tho occasionally some kind server will card me too, just to be nice, I suspect.

I do think Bobby and Abby seem to make sense, or really, what I mean is that Connie B and Peter Krause make sense. They just seem like an onscreen couple waiting to happen.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Whimsy said:

I think they are downplaying her beauty too but it makes sense.  She's a 911 operator taking care of her ailing mother.  She wouldn't be worried about glamming herself up all the time plus she doesn't get paid tons of money to afford to have routine hair treatments, etc.  I am glad that seems to be one thing they're trying to get right.  They're not trying with anything else.

I know she's busy and I'm not suggesting that she needs to glam herself up all the time.  Plus, she doesn't need a lot of money to get an occasional hair trimming.  Wardrobe can come from Marshall's or TJ Maxx.  If she wants to jump back into the dating pool, it wouldn't take that much to look good because she is a nice-looking woman.  

Abby’s glasses drive me nuts because she has three pair and unless 911 operators have a great vision plan, it’s not realistic to have three pair that you wear on the regular.

It’s not realistic to ME, anyways, because until I bought a new pair last year, my glasses were about 18 years old.  

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Abby’s glasses drive me nuts because she has three pair and unless 911 operators have a great vision plan, it’s not realistic to have three pair that you wear on the regular.

It’s not realistic to ME, anyways, because until I bought a new pair last year, my glasses were about 18 years old.  

It's not realistic to me either.  I think my current pair is like 5 years old because I use my vision plan benefits for my contacts.  Heaven forbid they cover glasses AND contacts!  I'm a state employee, so probably similar health plan as to what Abby would probably get.  Guessing.  Different states.

I'm a state employee too, with a so so health/vision plan, but my coworker with the same plan has about 12 pairs of glasses she rotates...mostly cuz she gets most of her frames from an online site called zenni. these are  super duper cute frames too, and many of them  she spent only $7 on. She said for all her glasses, she may have only spent $80 total. So...it's sure possible.

I never noticed Abby having more than that one fugly pair before I googled. she looks like poor little Bernice in Hope Floats in these.

cb.jpg

Hope-Floats-mae-whitman-19563508-960-540.jpg

I do like these tho, now that I see she's got more than those:

9-1-1-video-connie-britton.png

Edited by luna1122
  • Love 5

Lots of people have different glasses for sitting in front of the computer (if you have that kind of job), for driving, and for reading. Especially those folks that can't adjust to trifocals or progressives. But the pink plastic frames were fug.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 3

I knew this episode was going to be special as soon as they did the "Accidentally caused his girlfriend's heart to go nuts by faking a plane crash in order to propose" thing at the beginning.  And, of course, she still accepts.  And slaps him after.  Honestly, those two will probably have a pretty healthy marriage now, because if you can get through that and still be in love?

All the stuff involving non-Fatal Attraction lady was amazingly crazy.  And thank goodness Athena was involved in all of it, because Angela Bassett had the perfect "This shit is seriously happening to me?!" face throughout it all.  At least got a nice glass of wine and some cookies at the end.  She's certainly earned it.

Chimney is not only back, but barely has a scar.  The doctors on this show are amazing!  I still wonder if the whole thing was because Kenneth Choi just needed those weeks off for whatever reason, because the whole thing really seemed like a last minute deal.

Abby and Buck's first date (on Valentine's Day, none the less!) naturally ends in a disaster with Buck choking on bread and Abby having to perform emergency surgery. And Bobby was totally making eyes at her during both of their scenes.  Yeah, a love triangle is totally happening here.

• Love 2
On 2/8/2018 at 8:42 AM, RogerDodger said:

One thing that did bother me was Buck taking a cell phone call while working on the patient from the plane.  To his credit, he did immediately say he was working when he answered.  It appeared to be his personal cell and Abby appeared to be calling from her personal cell.  The caller ID said "Abby Clark" not 911 dispatch.  He should have just let it go to voicemail, even though answering it did save the woman's life.  And would Abby have really known that Buck & Co were the unit that responded to the call.  Surely, there are literally thousands of first responders in a city that size.  And since she was giving them vital medical info, wouldn't she have called on official channels.  I thought all 911 communications were recorded for liability purposes.  Clearly, the show is not grounded in reality but there are some little details they could get right without much effort.

This irritated me. And if Abby’s reason for calling was to pass on vital information that should have been the first thing she said. None of her commentary was needed and I am near ready to stop watching just because of the Abby calls Buck in the middle of an emergency nonsense.

I wish someone would tell Coach Talylor to come and get Tami Taylor.

Edited by GodsBeloved
  • Love 5

After watching this episode I realized that I'd pretty much walk off a cliff for Connie and Angela because that's what it felt like!  I've watched plenty of Ryan's shows, so I know his crazy, but this was extra!  I guess I thought the show would be more procedural but like others have said above I'm going lean into the crazy and just enjoy having two of my favorite actresses on screen together.

• Love 3
On 2/7/2018 at 8:56 PM, Racj82 said:

...And now the show is finally embracing the fact that this is a Ryan Murphy production. Let's get bonkers people.

Yes! I thought the “Fatal Attraction”plot was very “Nip Tuck.”

• Love 2
On 2/9/2018 at 5:46 AM, luna1122 said:

I do think Bobby and Abby seem to make sense, or really, what I mean is that Connie B and Peter Krause make sense. They just seem like an onscreen couple waiting to happen.

Fun fact (TM Janet on The Good Place):

Peter Krause is with Lauren Graham (Gilmore Girls, Parenthood, Bad Santa) in real life. 

Connie Britton and Lauren are close friends: They were roommates when they first came to Hollywood. 

I suspect that Connie and Peter know each other pretty well, which comes across on screen. 

• Love 8
On 2/9/2018 at 12:17 PM, mojoween said:

Then I must have a great vision plan because until I started wearing contacts I had two pairs of glasses I switched between alot and then I got a third which I kept at work.  My Rx covered a new pair every few years.      Then again I know someone who had the same glasses like you said 18 years and I asked why she didn't change them and just didn't realize she could.  When she finally realized it actually was part of her plan she bought two pairs.    One was free with her new Rx.  

People who work for the government in whatever capacity probably do have one of those kinds of plans where they do get covered for a new pair of glasses every few years.   Its kinda like a new phone.  You update your plan you get a shiny new phone.  

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2

RE: Abby's glasses -- I have two pairs: one for computer work/reading and another for distance. I used to just buy one pair for each, but recently, I discovered Glasses USA.com, and I just ordered two different styles for under $100 each (they give a 50 percent discount for first-timers, and I bought the second pair at 60 percent off because they were having a sale). I believe Abby could have multiple pairs as fashion statements.

But speaking of Abby, she really, really needs to stop calling Buck, especially when he's on a rescue. This constant calling just makes her look needy and whiny. I know that in this episode, she had further information to impart, but as someone pointed out upthread, it should have gone through official channels and been routed to Bobby.

And speaking of Bobby, I'm no longer vested in him as the "hero" of the series, not after last episode's revelation that he was complicit in the deaths of not only his family but of 150 other people, and he was not held responsible for his role in their deaths.

No, Athena, Fatal Attraction Gal was not some "poor girl" looking for love. She killed a man. And not only killed him, but butchered him. I know they tried to play it up that he was a dog, stringing several other women along, so he got what he deserved. No, he did not deserve to be murdered by a psycho bitch. Don't equate that with your family situation and act like they're similar.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

No, Athena, Fatal Attraction Gal was not some "poor girl" looking for love. She killed a man. And not only killed him, but butchered him. I know they tried to play it up that he was a dog, stringing several other women along, so he got what he deserved. No, he did not deserve to be murdered by a psycho bitch. Don't equate that with your family situation and act like they're similar.

I did not understand Athena's reaction.  "Poor girl," my ass.  Sure, the guy was a hound, but not way did he deserve what he got.   I guess Athena forgot that this poor girl was getting ready to chop her up, too. 

• Love 4

Honestly, if I'd never seen Angela before, I'd think she was a scenery chewing novice with no subtlety. I'd think Peter Krause (with one or two exceptions) was cardboard and merely average. It just goes to show how much good writing can really affect an actor's abilities. Only Connie Britton has, to me, been consistently good, even with the most stale material. I'm just hoping the batshit turn it took last week continues, cuz everyone shone a little more with it, for better or worse.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, DoItToIt said:

Not so much the acting, but the writing is atrcious!

I guess it's really both! But since the actors are the ones we see, it seems to weigh more upon their skills. Although since they have been in other projects where they have done well, there is evidence it's not them. 

So, I finally got around to watching the episode and you know what? I guess I'll embrace the crazy. It's definitely not a serious drama, that's for sure. It's just a badly written dark comedy, nowhere on the levels that Glee was in its first season.

Athena, that's why you don't go on calls alone! You might get an obsessed crazy psycho stalker killer! I still question how she's able to go on calls alone, just like how the firefighters somehow went to the call from the girl with Broken Heart Syndrome? Is it because she was in the plane that they sent the firefighters?

Seriously, I love Connie, but Abby is acting half of her age and dresses even younger. I just am perplexed as how they can make Connie Britton, of all people, look shabby. Also, girl has to stop calling Buck when he's working, and he has to stop answering. How did Abby know that it was Buck who received that call, anyway? 

I will say, the scene with Athena driving to get to the hospital with the organ coupled with the romantic music did make me chuckle.  

Seriously, how long was Chimney supposed to be gone? I'm going to have to believe that he's been gone for at least two months and they skipped ahead since then. Because if it's been any less than a month? Ridiculous.

I like Angela Bassett a lot, but Athena's not a character I enjoy much at all. Like, she totally excuses Crazy Fatal Attraction's actions.

Oh, Bobby. Crushing on Buck's woman, aren't ya? So I guess we're going to get this really bizarre love triangle? I mean, I've grown to not hate Buck/Abby, but Abby being with Bobby makes more sense, at least age-wise. But I also want Abby to run far, far away from Bobby because woman, he killed 150 people! You don't need that drama!

Also, that ridiculous Abby inner monologue at the restaurant about being worried about the waiter asking for Buck's ID but not hers? Abby, you're a 42 year old WOMAN. You don't exactly look like a 21 year old. 

This show could be more fun with better writing. I mean, this episode alone was written by someone who wrote for Glee before and I can't remember his writing ever being this bad on there....well, not quite as bad. I just don't get it. The acting is good, and I've even grown to like Buck. But man, it's true that the writing really makes or breaks an episode. There's some fun stuff here and there, but the bad writing masks what a truly entertaining show it could be. 

• Love 5

This show is just wrong on so many levels. I literally cringe when Buck gets a phone call, how can Abby not know the proper channels on whom to actually call with information concerning a patient on a call? And not her boyfriend?!!!!

I also saw the look that Bobby gave Abby, unfortunately I don't think there are any writers on this show that have any idea that that's a way they could or should be going. Buck and Abby seem so fake....

As for Athena, if she is responding by herself on calls, the least her dispatcher could be doing is keep track on where she is and get her to touch base ever so often. How can they not know that something is wrong when she doesn't check in?

I know alot of ppl are watching this for entertainment only and are willing to overlook its glaring mistakes and flaws, but I don't think I've yet reached the point of not caring yet....

this show is ridicuosly bad and i can't stop watching. angela bassett character goes alone on calls? nope never. cops always travel in pairs.

old abby and cute young buck as a couple? never happening. maybe if he was ugly then i'd believe it. women over 40 can't find anyone to date.

i can tell ryan murphy signature by now.

the girl that played crazy chick is awesome! i love her.

This is the only episode of this show that I have seen and quite possibly the last. My oldest daughter started her third career this past year as a 911 dispatcher, so I figured I should check out this rerun during the Olympics. But OMG. Anyone who had that much super glue? This guy was not her first rodeo.

• Love 1