Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E10: Past Life

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Which seemed weird since they were definitely in a kill or be killed situation. I mean if was she upset about Daisy killing Sinara? Because it wasn't that much different.

It was more casually brutal than she was  used to pre-Framework Fitz. I think it would have been OOC for her not to be disturbed by it but as some online have pointed out when she dealt with Kasius later, she has a dark side too. I thought it was a clever, if brutal If you've ever seen Ghost Ship, a sprung razor wire is also used in the opening scene and it's horrific!

I was definitely surprised Kasius' seer turned out to be FutureYoyo. I was expecting Raina! I thought "I wonder if they got Ruth Negga back?"

• Love 1

So are the team going to return to the same time and place they were when sent into the future? 

But Fitz wasn’t sent into the future through the monolith so will that mean that there’s going to be two versions of him in the present day?

And present day Enoch should be around as well. 

• Love 2

well I haven't seen any indication that we will see two Fitz just speculation at this point some people even thought he was going to get left in the future and that did not happen either

Edited by Froippi
On 2/2/2018 at 8:30 PM, SnoGirl said:

I did like that Deke fullfilled his parent’s war. He was the one that sent the Agents back. It was a nice surprise that he made the self-sacrifice play. Steve Rogers would be proud.

Steve: lay down on the wire

Tony: just cut the wire

Fitz: use the wire to rig a trap that decapitates your enemies *wins*

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, ahisma said:

Steve: lay down on the wire

Tony: just cut the wire

Fitz: use the wire to rig a trap that decapitates your enemies *wins*

Simmons: [Slaps Fitz] Bad Fitz! Bad Fitz!

• Love 2

Kasius was even cheesier, lamer, all suped up with his black goo.

We all know it won't happen so why even tempt us with dangling Coulson must die?

Enoch got me right in the feels.  

Damn, Enoch, Deke... surprised they didn't bring back Tess to off her again, or Flint for that matter.

I wasn't big on this arc, but it improved as it went on so at least moving forward I can say I'll be happy wherever, whenever the show follows from here.

Finished The Gifted, caught up with Agents of SHIELD, and now I can move the Marvel-thon onto Runaways.  Haven't even started that one.

Edited by CyberJawa1986
  • Love 1
On 2/27/2018 at 9:25 PM, CyberJawa1986 said:

We all know it won't happen so why even tempt us with dangling Coulson must die?

Actually.. if this ends up being the last season, it could happen. It also solves a "problem" for the movie side. The execs over there don't like the fact that Coulson was revived, so if AOS kills him off (and the show ends), they won't ever have to feel pressured to acknowledge the events of the show. Not that they do now, because clearly they don't give a shit, but still.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, teenj12 said:

Actually.. if this ends up being the last season, it could happen. It also solves a "problem" for the movie side. The execs over there don't like the fact that Coulson was revived, so if AOS kills him off (and the show ends), they won't ever have to feel pressured to acknowledge the events of the show. Not that they do now, because clearly they don't give a shit, but still.

Along with a built-in , in canon out  ,of an alternate timeline should TV be forgiven by another movie director who might wish to insert Agent Coulson 

No wonder Kasius was killed so quickly once he lost his hearing - he was one of those annoying fools who can't live unless they constantly hear the sound of their own voice. Also, Mack's skull must be made of adamantium or something, he took so many punches to the head from PCP!Kasius and didn't suffer any serious injuries.

In the end this space arc wasn't as bad as it was at the start but I am really not a fan of time loops. Wouldn't humanity from the future still be screwed when other Kree arrive? Or we are supposed to think that nobody cares about Earth now that Kasius is dead? Also, if Kasius had Yo-yo in captivity all the time and was using her as "seer", wouldn't he have known all the moves of the Coulson's group? My head hurts when I think of time loops and time travel related paradoxes.

Enoch is funny and was heroic in this episode but I wish someone had called him on, you know, sending the gang to the future against their will and without any instructions where they were going and what they needed to do.  I did love May calling him Plastic in the previous episode, though.

Please, no more FitzSimmons angst... but I am sure there will be more. A lot more.

Edited by Jack Shaftoe
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, Jack Shaftoe said:

No wonder Kasius was killed so quickly once he lost his hearing - he was one of those annoying fools who can't live unless they constantly hear the sound of their own voice. Also, Mack's skull must be made of adamantium or something, he took so many punches to the head from PCP!Kasius and didn't suffer any serious injuries.

In the end this space arc wasn't as bad as it was at the start but I am really not a fan of time loops. Wouldn't humanity from the future still be screwed when other Kree arrive? Or we are supposed to think that nobody cares about Earth now that Kasius is dead? Also, if Kasius had Yo-yo in captivity all the time and was using her as "seer", wouldn't he have known all the moves of the Coulson's group? My head hurts when I think of time loops and time travel related paradoxes.

Enoch is funny and was heroic in this episode but I wish someone had called him on, you know, sending the gang to the future against their will and without any instructions where they were going and what they needed to do.  I did love May calling him Plastic in the previous episode, though.

Please, no more FitzSimmons angst... but I am sure there will be more. A lot more.

I don't think Asgard fell yet. And judging from Hela and Ragnarok they would care about the shell of a dead planet. With an intact planet the political calculation changes. So the Kree were even in earlier seasons and Captain Marvel really a secret agents. And afterward were scavengers who came after there was nothing left to protect from Asgard's view.

• Love 1