Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Three's Company or Three's Crowd?

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, thebalconyfool said:

I agree, I don't see any hope for them at all either. Surprised they have even made it this long together, but I'm sure not sharing space helped. To me April is a complete fake.  I get a strong gut feeling from her behavior. I have known some manipulators in my time and the behavior, attitude, even the facial expressions, it's all so familiar to me.  Auralee comes off as someone who has been stressed out for awhile.  It's obvious she cannot stand April, some of the looks she shoots her, it's obvious she doesn't believe a word that comes out of her mouth. It's written all over her face that she genuinely doesn't trust her. When I look at April's facial expressions it's all that dramatic woe is me attitude, it doesn't come across as genuine to me at all. Frankly, she seems like spoiled brat to me. I think Auralee has April pegged and it drives April nuts that she sees through her. The bit about April saying try and think of something nice to say about me every day, talk about self serving. If she doesn't feel they are being nice to her she might want to ask herself why. 

I think with April and Auralee it's a two way street.  They both dish it out.  I also think that Auralee is very happy to have an extra weapon on her side since #3 agrees with her AND there are now cameras where she can "catch" April and have a voice to go on the attack at every possible chance.  When April was crying to hubbie and blurted "You don't stand up for me" it tells a lot.  It's pretty obvious that he wasn't good at getting wife #2 and wife #1 started down the right path.  They have a clear divide when they talk "your kids" and "my kids" that they have never been unified in any way.  We are seeing how both of them have a long long road of issues that are unresolved and so it comes up in every conversation.  I feel for #3 because she was thrown into this without a good solid foundation of what she was getting herself into.  It's exhausting to have every conversation dissolve into April instantly becoming the victim and deflecting anything she has said/done back onto Auralee.  And then Auralee throws that pointy finger and says "see see see!!  She's being mean to me!!".  Their issues go back very far.  Good luck to #3 who thinks she is going to "moderate". Maybe they need to look up the wildly successful polygamous family therapist that the Browns love so much. 

I really really suspect that their skeevy husband gets off on comforting his little child like wives.  He likes them behaving like children.  He's a real creepster.  He needs to step up and grow a pair if he thinks he will have a successful family living under one roof.  He has only said one good thing and it was immediately discounted by crying April..."if both of them (the other wives) are seeing problems then you need to look at yourself and ask why". Which she immediately takes offense to because he is supposed to blindly support her side of everything cause she was there first.  

• Love 13
11 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

I think with April and Auralee it's a two way street.  They both dish it out.  I also think that Auralee is very happy to have an extra weapon on her side since #3 agrees with her AND there are now cameras where she can "catch" April and have a voice to go on the attack at every possible chance.  When April was crying to hubbie and blurted "You don't stand up for me" it tells a lot.  It's pretty obvious that he wasn't good at getting wife #2 and wife #1 started down the right path.  They have a clear divide when they talk "your kids" and "my kids" that they have never been unified in any way.  We are seeing how both of them have a long long road of issues that are unresolved and so it comes up in every conversation.  I feel for #3 because she was thrown into this without a good solid foundation of what she was getting herself into.  It's exhausting to have every conversation dissolve into April instantly becoming the victim and deflecting anything she has said/done back onto Auralee.  And then Auralee throws that pointy finger and says "see see see!!  She's being mean to me!!".  Their issues go back very far.  Good luck to #3 who thinks she is going to "moderate". Maybe they need to look up the wildly successful polygamous family therapist that the Browns love so much. 

I really really suspect that their skeevy husband gets off on comforting his little child like wives.  He likes them behaving like children.  He's a real creepster.  He needs to step up and grow a pair if he thinks he will have a successful family living under one roof.  He has only said one good thing and it was immediately discounted by crying April..."if both of them (the other wives) are seeing problems then you need to look at yourself and ask why". Which she immediately takes offense to because he is supposed to blindly support her side of everything cause she was there first.  

Yes to all this! The "your kids, my kids" stuff is sad. And the husband, Drew, is just so passive and ineffectual. Like I said before, it makes me appreciate Kody's decisiveness. I'm certainly not saying a man should run roughshod over his wives, but like you said, grow a pair, man. 

• Love 10
41 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

When April was crying to hubbie and blurted "You don't stand up for me" it tells a lot.  It's pretty obvious that he wasn't good at getting wife #2 and wife #1 started down the right path.  They have a clear divide when they talk "your kids" and "my kids" that they have never been unified in any way. 

Yep...and my favorite part was how he says he thought adding a third wife would "smooth things over". WTF? How is that going to help two women who can't stand each other get along? 

I don't give a rip what consenting adults want to do with their lives, that's their business, but it's very sad to me to see children living in a toxic environment. How confusing and sad for them, to live with these women who are ready to jump down each other's throats.

You can do all you want to not argue in front of them, etc, but children can feel the hostility that's just below the surface.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

Yep...and my favorite part was how he says he thought adding a third wife would "smooth things over". WTF? How is that going to help two women who can't stand each other get along? 

I don't give a rip what consenting adults want to do with their lives, that's their business, but it's very sad to me to see children living in a toxic environment. How confusing and sad for them, to live with these women who are ready to jump down each other's throats.

You can do all you want to not argue in front of them, etc, but children can feel the hostility that's just below the surface.

Exactly!!  And we have heard this crap before from Christine Brown.  Way way back in season 1 (I'm pretty sure the very first episode too) she talked about how "it is known among polygamists" that if you have trouble with two wives marry a third to smooth it all out.  So he thought he was taking his 12 year shit show and fixing it by bringing in unsuspecting #3. 

Yes children feel it.  They feel it and carry it with them forever.  I grew up in a constantly bickering over nothings family and it has affected me for my entire life.  My Mother and her older sister are exactly alike and they both want everything their way.  Every moment they were ever together was a competition for the attention of everyone else and if you were on my mothers side, her sister was "mad" at you and vice versa.  It didn't help that they both had first born boys just months apart and the REAL competitions began.  Every visit (every visit from any other family member as well was analyzed by all parties), every holiday, every everything was something to fight over.  By the time I was an adult I hated ALL holidays.  Kids are sponges and this kind of shit changes how they have relationships in their lives and how they parent in the future.  Not always in a good way. 

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Oh that is juicy. I think these reality shows are more screwed up than we have even imagined.

If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say that Ashley is definitely not on board with a having a sister wife, that she's going along to placate Dimitri and/or for the TLC bank, and that this is her way of either getting him to stop this nonsense or of extricating herself from this relationship and getting some sympathy and a paycheck to boot. 

Also, I don't understand why people have to make their lives so complicated and look for such deep meaning in everything. I know it's hard to find a good man, but damn, it's not worth all this drama and nonsense. People make their own problems. It's like they just let stuff happen and then have to deal with the fallout. Pay attention to your own behavior and don't let things happen and then respond after the fact - an ounce of prevention and all that. 

Apparently she's trying to combat both the 'just get a nanny and a BFF' and 'Ashley isn't into it comments that are abounding.

From an hour ago:

• Love 2
11 hours ago, MrSmith said:

The problem is that I haven't seen anything that really exposes April as the manipulator. Auwalee is definitely a manipulator, however, because she's the favorite wife and she knows it. (See the footage of that long embrace Drew gave her on returning home from work in the previous episode.) She knows she can go crying to Drew about "mean owd Apwiw is being mean to me and being manipuwative again" and that he'll believe everything she says and then go confront April on her behalf. The three of them are seriously acting like three six-year-old girls, where Auralee knows she's Daddys' favowite, that Daddy will always take her side, and so goes running to Daddy anytime she feels the least bit spited or unhappy with the outcome.

Auralee doesn't like something April said? "Daddy! Daddy! Apwiw said bad wowds do me again."
Auralee doesn't like how something's going to go? "Daddy! Daddy! Apwiw is being undew-handed and manipuwadive again."
Auralee doesn't like something April did? "Daddy! Daddy! Apwiw is cheading again."
In all instances, Drew will go charging off to save Auralee from that big, bad, evil April, without even bothering to try to find out what's going on or asking April for her version of events.

Exactly. From what I have seen, April has not been the instigator....Auralee (and to some extent Angela) has been.  April cannot  get two  words out of her mouth or present her feelings, without Auralee going off on her. Auralee has a very brittle personality, most likely cannot handle ANY feedback, without believing she is under attack. almost a little borderline....feels she is being criticized when someone may just be talking about THEIR own feelings. It all gets back to Auralee in her narrow little universe, where mattresses float around her Master Bedroom with perfect Sunshine.

(please excuse run on sentence, my settings are off, and i am having issues, best I could do!)

Remember that weird comment where Auralee was saying she was being accused of not putting her children first? Bizarre...you cannot win that kind of  Feckery. It  would help for DADDY to tell her she is inappropriate, and not fall for her shit. And send her for thayrewhappy.

To flip the script, I cannot imagine what it was like for April to have her husband want to bring in another wife. She entered the marriage thinking it was the two of them. Was it 8 years in? and took her 8 months to be open to idea. Then she gets woman child Auralee. She may have been better off if Angela was second wife, but either way she probably has some grief still (love is blind so they say.)

I don' think she has been perfect, but look what she has to work with.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, WaterSpirit said:

Exactly. From what I have seen, April has not been the instigator....Auralee (and to some extent Angela) has been.  April cannot  get two  words out of her mouth or present her feelings, without Auralee going off on her. Auralee has a very brittle personality, most likely cannot handle ANY feedback, without believing she is under attack. almost a little borderline....feels she is being criticized when someone may just be talking about THEIR own feelings. It all gets back to Auralee in her narrow little universe, where mattresses float around her Master Bedroom with perfect Sunshine.

(please excuse run on sentence, my settings are off, and i am having issues, best I could do!)

Remember that weird comment where Auralee was saying she was being accused of not putting her children first? Bizarre...you cannot win that kind of  Feckery. It  would help for DADDY to tell her she is inappropriate, and not fall for her shit. And send her for thayrewhappy.

To flip the script, I cannot imagine what it was like for April to have her husband want to bring in another wife. She entered the marriage thinking it was the two of them. Was it 8 years in? and took her 8 months to be open to idea. Then she gets woman child Auralee. She may have been better off if Angela was second wife, but either way she probably has some grief still (love is blind so they say.)

You make some very good points.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, WaterSpirit said:

Nah, not buying it. Regardless of how long it took April to agree, she DID, and here we are. I still think Auralee has her reasons and is just not buying April's nonsense anymore. I could be way off base, but April hasn't won me over to her side yet.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, MrSmith said:

As far as I'm concerned, this indicates she's interested in some "lesbian fulfillment". The woman already has at least one actual, real-life, biological sister. So she's already got that kind of a relationship covered. I'm sorry, but having domestic help and strong friendships pretty much covers everything else. A lot of what she's written here is just bullshit. It's like the old saying, "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit." And that's what she's doing here: Trying to baffle us all with bullshit. Once again she's someone who has drunk too much of their own Kool-Aid with shit like "Babies ... will be tended with grace and supreme care", "type of care you give to someone you trust emphatically", "Resources will circulate amongst us", and "it's deeper than most can understand." Bitch, please. You aren't that damned special.

Bitch, please. You aren't that damned special.  And neither is Dmitri.  Snort.

Edited by Kyanight
editing be good. Phonics be better.
  • Love 19
4 hours ago, MrSmith said:

As far as I'm concerned, this indicates she's interested in some "lesbian fulfillment". The woman already has at least one actual, real-life, biological sister. So she's already got that kind of a relationship covered. I'm sorry, but having domestic help and strong friendships pretty much covers everything else. A lot of what she's written here is just bullshit. It's like the old saying, "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit." And that's what she's doing here: Trying to baffle us all with bullshit. Once again she's someone who has drunk too much of their own Kool-Aid with shit like "Babies ... will be tended with grace and supreme care", "type of care you give to someone you trust emphatically", "Resources will circulate amongst us", and "it's deeper than most can understand." Bitch, please. You aren't that damned special.

This truly is double talk.  But I'm still not sure she is interested in a lesbian relationship.  I don't get that vibe.  I think she is just deluded.

• Love 11
21 hours ago, WaterSpirit said:

While I agree with you that this is what the show is showing us on the surface, I think there is more.  Because of my own personal life experiences I'm really hyper sensitive to certain behaviors.  I see Auralees reactions (and overreactions) as the fact that she is always on the defense and is ready for an attack at any moment because it has happened so often for so long.  The problem is that she will perceive an attack even when its not there because she is just expecting it to be there. 

When you approach an animal that has been physically abused and you mean no harm, but it flinches.  It has been struck so many times that it is an automatic reaction to be hit and it is preparing to what it is expecting.  This happens with people as well.

I believe that Aprils digs are subtle and usually with that creepy stare and a smile on her face and it's been happening for a long time.  Auralee now has cameras and she is most likely using their presence to get her own version of revenge on April.  Kinda like in the Sister Wives show when Meri uses the cameras to get digs into Kody or the fact that she lets it rip in her personal talking heads but is still quiet and sullen when with the others as a group. She doesn't want to say those things in front of them, but she wants them to hear it, so she really lets go in her personal camera time.

This kind of systematic manipulation is called gaslighting and unless you have been on the receiving end of it, it can be difficult to pick up the signs.  But as a person who was gaslighted by my family (and later by my husband) for many years it can make you not trust your own instinct or perception, and you can even believe that you have gone mad.  It destroys any form of trust you have for any other human being...no matter how many years later. 

They haven't shown us a whole lot, just some bickering over nonsense.  But there is a whole lot of baggage between April and Auralee and I feel for the third woman (for the life of me I can't remember her name) who is just getting a good idea of what she has gotten herself involved with. 

• Love 15
20 hours ago, Roslyn said:

While I agree with you that this is what the show is showing us on the surface, I think there is more.  Because of my own personal life experiences I'm really hyper sensitive to certain behaviors.  I see Auralees reactions (and overreactions) as the fact that she is always on the defense and is ready for an attack at any moment because it has happened so often for so long.  The problem is that she will perceive an attack even when its not there because she is just expecting it to be there. 

When you approach an animal that has been physically abused and you mean no harm, but it flinches.  It has been struck so many times that it is an automatic reaction to be hit and it is preparing to what it is expecting.  This happens with people as well.

I believe that Aprils digs are subtle and usually with that creepy stare and a smile on her face and it's been happening for a long time.  Auralee now has cameras and she is most likely using their presence to get her own version of revenge on April.  Kinda like in the Sister Wives show when Meri uses the cameras to get digs into Kody or the fact that she lets it rip in her personal talking heads but is still quiet and sullen when with the others as a group. She doesn't want to say those things in front of them, but she wants them to hear it, so she really lets go in her personal camera time.

This kind of systematic manipulation is called gaslighting and unless you have been on the receiving end of it, it can be difficult to pick up the signs.  But as a person who was gaslighted by my family (and later by my husband) for many years it can make you not trust your own instinct or perception, and you can even believe that you have gone mad.  It destroys any form of trust you have for any other human being...no matter how many years later. 

They haven't shown us a whole lot, just some bickering over nonsense.  But there is a whole lot of baggage between April and Auralee and I feel for the third woman (for the life of me I can't remember her name) who is just getting a good idea of what she has gotten herself involved with. 

Once again, I agree with you 100%. 

I don't understand why first wives are so controlling and manipulative. If they are the jealous type and worry that other wives and "their" children will get preferential treatment, then why live a plural lifestyle at all? I guess it you were raised that way and are a true believer, it's one thing, but otherwise I don't get why anyone would put themselves through that. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

but otherwise I don't get why anyone would put themselves through that. 

SIster wives have told me that they 1) were very in love with their husband and thought he was the most incredible man in the world, and they had to be married to him even if other wives were involved; and 2) they thought they could be so special and indispensable to him that they would eventually be the one he would depend on (in other words, they would become #1 in his eyes). They underlying reason they live the lifestyle is religion (except for the Snowdens) and the women are told that dealing with their jealousy will make them better people. Scraping for their kids is just a mother's instinct. The reason polygamy is a massive fail is a woman cannot "manage" all the horrible feelings that polygamy brings up, as well as the loneliness, financial problems, competitiveness and abuse. 

• Love 10
On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 6:13 PM, Roslyn said:

yes, there are certainly two sides to every story, and it takes two invested people to keep the animosity going. I am super sensitive to seeing people in two against one situations, or watching the husband (not interested in him enough to look up his name LOL) so I am having extra sympathy for April. We are early in the season, so dynamics to play out in front of the camera for sure. But I think we would all agree, this is a very dysfunctional relationship. I don't see it getting better. Both would need individual then "couples"

You bring up Meri...oh she is my LEAST favorite of the Brows and many of the other families...I get Janelle and Auralee would be good for each other to talk about the experience of coming in as second wives. I agree with Christine, 3rd or more looks like the best way to go.

Since everyone seems to know one of the Browns, I think support group for Wife Order would be quite helpful! Brady's wives could jump in there too.

• Love 3
On 1/29/2018 at 11:10 AM, KariLois said:

Poor April!  I feel like it’s pink day and Auralee and Angela are shouting, “You can’t sit with us!”  What April said about the mattresses made perfect sense to me.  Drew is a total bastard.  He is eating up this drama.  Oh girls!  Don’t fight over me!!!! 

And he’s, there was no need for Angela to be at that meeting.

I loathe Drew.  He's even less attractive than Kody Brown, and these three dumbbells think he's a prize?  He's a total fuckhead.  Ew is right.

• Love 10
22 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Once again, I agree with you 100%. 

I don't understand why first wives are so controlling and manipulative. If they are the jealous type and worry that other wives and "their" children will get preferential treatment, then why live a plural lifestyle at all? I guess it you were raised that way and are a true believer, it's one thing, but otherwise I don't get why anyone would put themselves through that

Right, because other than April choosing to remain married to Drew, I'm suuuuuuure she's the one who's choosing the plural lifestyle and choosing to put herself through something she clearly does not want. I'm sure it absolutely was not Drew who chose the plural lifestyle and told April to suck it up. Mmmm-hmmmm. RIGHT.

Edited by MrSmith
  • Love 8
49 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I loathe Drew.  He's even less attractive than Kody Brown, and these three dumbbells think he's a prize?  He's a total fuckhead.  Ew is right.

Well, that's a real tossup there.  I'm on the fence.  And at least Drew has a professional practice.  Kody is a professional douche. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, MrSmith said:

Right, because other than April choosing to remain married to Drew, I'm suuuuuuure she's the one who's choosing the plural lifestyle and choosing to put herself through something she clearly does not want. I'm sure it absolutely was not Drew who chose the plural lifestyle and told April to suck it up. Mmmm-hmmmm. RIGHT.

Yes but if April is sucking it up, that's on her. She AGREED. If my husband came home and told me he was going to take another wife, I'd tell him to go pound sand. (That's not what I'd really say - it would be way more colorful than that!). April chose it because she stayed married to Drew and is allowing this all to happen, instead of saying no or hitting the streets. I'm not buying the helpless female act. I have little sympathy at all for women who are not true believers and who don't want this lifestyle but live it anyway. 

21 minutes ago, GussieK said:

Well, that's a real tossup there.  I'm on the fence.  And at least Drew has a professional practice.  Kody is a professional douche. 

Kody has it all over any of the men on this show. 

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, GussieK said:

Point taken!  I wouldn't personally take either one on a silver platter, monogamy or not.  

I wouldn't use Drew professionally, either.  He's not fooling me with that soft little girlish voice.  Patriarchal bullshitter manipulative prick.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Gothish520 said:

Yes but if April is sucking it up, that's on her. She AGREED. If my husband came home and told me he was going to take another wife, I'd tell him to go pound sand. (That's not what I'd really say - it would be way more colorful than that!). April chose it because she stayed married to Drew and is allowing this all to happen, instead of saying no or hitting the streets. I'm not buying the helpless female act. I have little sympathy at all for women who are not true believers and who don't want this lifestyle but live it anyway. 

I'm sorry I missed it - neither April or what's his name were raised poly?  But he somehow changed his mind along the way?  

Or maybe he had it in mind all along but didn't mention it to April until she was all in with at least some kids.

This guy's an attorney which can give him more power over her. Could she possibly have been bullied into this lifestyle? As in, she's told if she didn't accept it, he'd make it so she'd lose the kids.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I'm sorry I missed it - neither April or what's his name were raised poly?  But he somehow changed his mind along the way?  

Or maybe he had it in mind all along but didn't mention it to April until she was all in with at least some kids.

This guy's an attorney which can give him more power over her. Could she possibly have been bullied into this lifestyle? As in, she's told if she didn't accept it, he'd make it so she'd lose the kids.

Entirely possible. I don't know the timeline and how many kids she had before they went plyg. I find it hard to believe that the courts would take children away from their mother and award them to a man who is living a plural lifestyle though - I don't care how good an attorney he is. Maybe I'm just being naive, but surely he would not have a leg to stand on?

• Love 3
On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 11:10 AM, KariLois said:

Poor April!  I feel like it’s pink day and Auralee and Angela are shouting, “You can’t sit with us!”  What April said about the mattresses made perfect sense to me.  Drew is a total bastard.  He is eating up this drama.  Oh girls!  Don’t fight over me!!!! 

And he’s, there was no need for Angela to be at that meeting.

I'm still confused about mattressgate.  Auralee seemed to be saying that April wanted Auralee's kids to have her kids' old mattresses so APRIL's kids could have the new ones.  But that doesn't make any sense and April vehemently denied it.  You would THINK husband would've stepped in and helped mediate at that point.  It seemed like a pretty easy issue to resolve.  If April simply wanted to give Auralee's kids the mattresses because they're extra than that would've been nice.  But if she would've taken it a step further as Auralee is thinking and demanded new mattresses for her own kids, that's something completely different.  So what was it?  Why couldn't they figure out what was going on?  It was very, very odd.

Also? What's with this "her kids" and "my kids" crap?  I thought they were ALL "mamas" and the kids belonged to everyone, hmmmm?

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 3:05 PM, GussieK said:

Another thing to say about the Snowdens:  Dimitri thought Jocelyn was giving honest answers and Ashley thought she was just mouthing what someone would want to hear.  He really got caught up in it immediately.  Ashley is not happy.

I think Ashley really doesn't want to do the polygamy thing and at this point is just making up excuses for not doing it instead of just telling her husband it's not what she wants.  She's going to find something wrong with every woman they try to bring in the house.

• Love 10
On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 5:41 PM, gardendiva said:

I am seeing red flags in the road for the Snowden’s. Ashley’s incredulous look at Dimitri when he asked how the first meetup should go was a dead giveaway. He actually had to ask whether one of them should meet with her alone first, or should they meet with her together? I can’t believe he even asked that question. I can see Ashley bristling at the parts of this deal that are going to be exploring whether there will be sexual chemistry between Daddy Longlegs and the Horndog. As much as she keeps insisting she is not jealous and would have no problem sharing her man, there is no way in real life she will be able to comfortably get past this part. Especially with a beautiful, younger woman.

I want to know what Josyln would be getting out of this arrangement.  She's 22, gorgeous and has a career.  Not only that, but she could easily model and wants to pursue an advanced degree.  The world is her oyster.  Why the hell is she looking to be a sisterwife?  It makes no sense (okay, that's a lie.  I'm sure she's just doing it for television exposure.  There's no other reasonable explanation.)

• Love 14
On 2/2/2018 at 6:16 PM, lezlers said:

I want to know what Josyln would be getting out of this arrangement.  She's 22, gorgeous and has a career.  Not only that, but she could easily model and wants to pursue an advanced degree.  The world is her oyster.  Why the hell is she looking to be a sisterwife?  It makes no sense (okay, that's a lie.  I'm sure she's just doing it for television exposure.  There's no other reasonable explanation.)

I agree. This all smells as fake as a cheap candle. How is she going to develop a real relationship with this family if she is globetrotting and pursuing advanced education? Where does having babies and forging these intense familial bonds fit in? 

• Love 10
On 1/29/2018 at 5:36 PM, thebalconyfool said:

Wow I am surprised at the Auralee hate on here. To me April really does seem like manipulator in the family. Can't stand her.

I think they are both manipulative. I don't care for either one of them. They clearly don't care for each other and I have no idea why anyone would enter a lifestyle that only encourages jealousy and resentment. What a wonderful example to set for the kids.

April said it took her a year to decide to move forward with polygamy which tells me it's never been something she wanted to do. So why do it? Ugh. The first wives are all so angry on these kinds of shows. 

The Snowdens make me nervous. I could see Ashley snapping one day and setting Dimitri's shit on fire. She looks very unhappy. She mentions wanting someone to help around the house and companionship, and she could find that in a friend and/or a part-time housekeeper.

On 1/31/2018 at 1:37 PM, GussieK said:

This truly is double talk.  But I'm still not sure she is interested in a lesbian relationship.  I don't get that vibe.  I think she is just deluded.

I agree, I don't think she looking for a woman to be with intimately or romantically. I think she's just making shit up about what she wants so it makes it look like she's on board.

• Love 11
7 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

I agree. This all smells as fake as a cheap candle. How is she going to develop a real relationship with this family if she is globetrotting and pursuing advanced education? Where does having babies and forging these intense familial bonds fit in? 

Rewatching their first phone call...one of the pluses was that she had "natural" hair?

huh

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Christi said:

no new show tonite??? OMG...i cant wait another week to see Dimitri creep in after his daaaate?

That should be good...I agree with @trimthatfat, that Ashley might set fire to Dimitri's shit.  That would be fun to watch.

Didn't someone post Dimitri's Twatter where he said they HAVE a housekeeper and an au pair?  Then WTF would they need another "wife" for, other than sex for that horndog?  Of course, he could be full of shit and making that up.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

That should be good...I agree with @trimthatfat, that Ashley might set fire to Dimitri's shit.  That would be fun to watch.

Didn't someone post Dimitri's Twatter where he said they HAVE a housekeeper and an au pair?  Then WTF would they need another "wife" for, other than sex for that horndog?  Of course, he could be full of shit and making that up.

I think he's making it up.  Ashley was folding laundry and said it was hard for her to get around and she was looking forward to having someone to help with the housework.  After that aired people were giving Dimitri a bunch of crap so he posted that they HAVE an au pair, and they HAVE a cook and a butler and a housekeeper and a laundress and a gardener and a maid and....  whatever else they've collected.  Maybe he has sex with them all.  ;)

• Love 15
On 1/30/2018 at 11:12 PM, Gothish520 said:

Nah, not buying it. Regardless of how long it took April to agree, she DID, and here we are. I still think Auralee has her reasons and is just not buying April's nonsense anymore. I could be way off base, but April hasn't won me over to her side yet.

Nor me.  I can't bear April and her smugness.  The way she holds his hand during their 'talks' on the sofa showing possession to the other two wives.  She does nothing to bridge the gap.  She whines and complains to Drew.  I'm sure he's tired of it because I sure am.

I do not believe April ever wanted to be a Sister Wife.  With 6/8? children I think he proposed this idea to her when she was most vulnerable.  Probably pregnant or just had another baby and didn't want any more.  She agreed and here we are.

Auralee keeps it going.  I think she has good reason but I don't see behind the scenes.  I noticed at the first entry into the new home both women were placing furniture to their liking and not doing it as a team.  April hated Auralee deciding anything. 

Angela has pretty much chosen the Auralee side.  She must see what is going on.  I think Angela could be fair but the divide is way too wide. 

I think Drew needs to be more involved but maybe he likes the back and forth.  Who knows?

• Love 8

I can deal with April better than the others, even though her behavior is bad, because she was & still is the only legal wife. The others are 'approved of' mistresses who are bitter & resentful of their place in this 'family' situation. I want to see Angela learn to deal when she gets pushed aside for the next, newer, younger & firmer model someday.

Auralee chose her position in the family & is trying & succeeding in superseding April - she's a smug little shit IMO.

That said, April is also bitter & resentful, but I feel she has more reason. Yes, she agreed to this, & I could easily say well tough then sweetie you went along with it. But, I don't trust Drew one bit - I still wonder if she wasn't manipulated/intimidated into this somehow.

Either way, it's one thing if a woman is born into this crap, & feels it's 'the' right thing to do & goes along from the start. But it's quite another situation when a woman has to be convinced - by her husband - that it's the 'right' thing to do. I feel this in itself would account for April's extra serving of passive aggression toward the others.

And Drew is most definitely enjoying all this strife - it's his harem, so why wouldn't he? They make him feel he's a good looking, big-dicked, successful human being wanted by all women, when in reality he's an ugly excuse for a self-absorbed, insecure, POS who wants everyone's world revolving around him, all without a care as to the emotional damage to either the women OR children involved in his 'it's all about me' world.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

I want to see Angela learn to deal when she gets pushed aside for the next, newer, younger & firmer model someday.

I honestly don't think Angela will even care.  I don't believe for a split second that she married Drew because she loves him.  Her biological clock was ticking and by golly she HAD TO HAVE that baby ASAP!!  She was 40, after all.  She got the baby - she's content.    I listened to that interview someone posted on this forum and she even admitted that it was time to have a baby so she married Drew - and mentioned her "clock".

• Love 9

Right now she's got some TV time, but eventually I think Angela will probably get tired of all the BS; I could actually see her bailing on this circus eventually. 

ETA: If she gets the least bit attached, she'll be in for a rude awakening though.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 5
On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 8:10 PM, Kyanight said:

Yes!!  I wondered if she always kept her arms and hands down during video chats, lol.  But then I thought about how so many people have lots of tats these days and maybe they don't bother these folks at all.  Probably when the show airs on the 11th of February we will see that she dropped her phone in the toilet at the airport and then missed her flight because she was trying to fish the phone out between the turds and everything is still peachy keen but it gave oh-so-much drama to the show!  Or.... maybe not.  I'm hoping she just bailed.  It didn't seem like a good fit for any of them.  Sharis and Melina can be internet buddies and play Words with Friends and stuff together instead of being sister wives.

Yeah, I'm not going to react yet.  I thought Melina was a flake from the start, but the episode ended at the airport.  I won't be surprised if the next episode shows her coming around the corner running late.

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 8:41 PM, gardendiva said:

I am seeing red flags in the road for the Snowden’s. Ashley’s incredulous look at Dimitri when he asked how the first meetup should go was a dead giveaway. He actually had to ask whether one of them should meet with her alone first, or should they meet with her together? I can’t believe he even asked that question. I can see Ashley bristling at the parts of this deal that are going to be exploring whether there will be sexual chemistry between Daddy Longlegs and the Horndog. As much as she keeps insisting she is not jealous and would have no problem sharing her man, there is no way in real life she will be able to comfortably get past this part. Especially with a beautiful, younger woman.

I think this young girl is saying all the right things - Ashley reads her correctly.  This woman wants to be supported while she finishes school, will miraculously never become pregnant, and will split the minute she has her degree.

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I think this young girl is saying all the right things - Ashley reads her correctly.  This woman wants to be supported while she finishes school, will miraculously never become pregnant, and will split the minute she has her degree.

Or when the cameras stop rolling.  It reminds me of so many of the people who are on the Bachelor/ette.  They just want the 15 minutes of fame, and don't care about the end result.

• Love 8
On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 2:26 PM, GussieK said:

I'd pick Brady Williams if I had to make a choice.  The man was always visibly exhausted because he actually worked to support his family.  He also visited his children every single day, unlike Kody playing favorites, and Drew simpering his way through three women who are clearly stronger than him.

• Love 7

OT:  I was rooting for the Eagles.  Tom Brady is not a favorite of mine.

On topic:  I haven't really commented on Jeff Allred yet.  Interesting, the name embellishment.  I wonder how he's related to Christine Brown (nee Allred?)  

What complicated lives these people choose to live.  Oh yeah, Jeff apparently has a "first wife" that didn't want to be part of this show, or maybe?  she split.

Mr. Xword and I had a friend from college in the 70's.  He became a chiropractor, with the help of his then-wife.  They had 3 kids, and then he dumped said wife for a younger exotic-looking hottie.  She used the dear Dr. to get through college, and then dumped his ass.  Point being, I can see Joslyn doing exactly that.  

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I honestly don't think Angela will even care.  I don't believe for a split second that she married Drew because she loves him.  Her biological clock was ticking and by golly she HAD TO HAVE that baby ASAP!!  She was 40, after all.  She got the baby - she's content.    I listened to that interview someone posted on this forum and she even admitted that it was time to have a baby so she married Drew - and mentioned her "clock".

I don't either. She just seems so happy to have a baby. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Meanwhile Dimitri seems gaga over this new flight attendant!  Interesting but his wife seems more like his mother!  She's NOT going to like having a sister wife enjoying Dimitri's penis!

Especially one who looks like Joselyn. That girl is gorgeous! And young!

• Love 7
19 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Yeah, I'm not going to react yet.  I thought Melina was a flake from the start, but the episode ended at the airport.  I won't be surprised if the next episode shows her coming around the corner running late.

This is what I expect to happen, too. I said as much to my wife when the episode ended. It's exactly what TLC would do. Hell, they probably forced the delay on Melina to generate drama.

If she's smart, this is exactly what she would do. In my opinion, Dmitri and Ashley are stupid if they aren't expecting this.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, MrSmith said:
7 hours ago, MrSmith said:

If she's smart, this is exactly what she would do. In my opinion, Dmitri and Ashley are stupid if they aren't expecting this.

I don't think Dimitri is thinking with the head on top of his shoulders.

• Love 2
On 1/29/2018 at 5:36 PM, thebalconyfool said:

Wow I am surprised at the Auralee hate on here. To me April really does seem like manipulator in the family. Can't stand her.

I’m not surprised by people not liking her. But I am kinda surprised by all the mocking of her speech impediment. There are enough other issues with the family to talk about. 

April does seem manipulative. I’ve known people a lot like her, so maybe I’m overly sensitive to it and just falling into the TLC editing trap!

• Love 6

I’m so relieved to read that I’m not the only one who hates Auralee’s passive-aggressive victim routine—another board I’m on is 100% #teamauralee and I was starting to gaslight myself. Oooh, she is the very worst. When they were all bickering and she went over and draped herself like a child around Bootleg L Ron Hubbard, I was done. April’s abrasive and awkward, but Auralee’s got this down to a science—she’s even played Angela onto her side; April’s lost this game. 

I can so easily sympathize with April—she grew up LDS, where the fundamental tenet for girls is obedience, and fell in love with a cute (to her), ambitious lawyer-to-be; I’m sure she thought her life would play out perfectly: perfect, successful husband, perfect homemaker wife, perfect children, the perfect LDS family. Then, almost a decade in, L Ron (and his ego) decides that there’s too much of him to waste on just one little lady, and he’s going to take another (and possibly more) wife. What are her options here? She doesn’t work, she has no skills, and he’s a lawyer. Sure, she could tough it out as a single mother, but you can kind of understand the temptation to believe that god really is speaking to her husband, that it’s not just that he’s a faithless piece of shit with a wandering eye, and that you can make it work through the power of love and faith.

Unfortunately she bet on the wrong horse—all these women did—and now she’s just stuck. I just feel so bad for her. What a nightmare to find yourself in. 

Edited by Pachengala
  • Love 16