Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Three's Company or Three's Crowd?

• Start Topic

I don’t understand Milena... she only has spoken of her bond with Sharis.  Shouldn’t she be most interested in Jeff? She barely talked about him in her conversation on the beach.  Also - if you’re missing out on family and kids why not just date a monogamous guy who already has kids? 

Edited by woot
  • Love 10
14 minutes ago, MoodyGirl said:

Why can't Melina just adopt? Why does she have to marry a man she doesn't know who already has wives. Something is not right with her. 

Absolutely something is up.  I feel like she’s super pumped about Sharis and that’s it. She doesn’t give a damn about marrying Jeff.  

• Love 5

It's also very weird that a family that is following The Principle is considering marrying a woman who can't have children (spirit babies). She is also older than the other two wives. If the information that was posted in their thread is correct, he already had one family of seven kids with another wife before he went plyg. Why would Jeff marry someone just for the hell of it, instead of for the religion?

Auralee is a nasty piece. Damn. I think Drew is going to regret moving them all into one house. Angela needs to stop with the nude lipstick.

Ashley so does not want to do this. 

• Love 19

Ashley was soooo not on board with Dim taking the new girl out on a 1:1 date.  It’s interesting that TLC is teasing trouble in paradise for Ash and Dimitri... hinting that he hooks up with the potential new SW.  Yay for drama! 

• Love 11

Those Briney wives...ugh...no way could I live with these women. I don't like any of them but Auralee might be the most manipulative even though she is saying that of April. And the husband clearly does whatever Auralee wants. All three are bitchy. 

And I've said it before...I do not like the Snowdens. This is just some guy wanting to have several women at the same time and call it his calling to polygamy with no religious reasons whatsoever (not that religious reasons make it right). Clearly he was smitten with the new girl. And his wife has such a resting bitch face. Constantly a grimace...and please put a little lipstick or something on. She's so pale. 

• Love 22
1 hour ago, MoodyGirl said:

Why can't Melina just adopt? Why does she have to marry a man she doesn't know who already has wives. Something is not right with her. 

If you just adopt you don't get on a reality TV show.

• Love 16

Auralee is the one to beat in terms of manipulative behavior. She got Angela on board pretty quickly as well. So easy for them both to gang up on April. I am sure April has had her supreme moments over the years so I am not giving her a full hall pass. Auralee just turns up the victimization card with hubby (who seems to throw April under the bus) and fancy Angela does need to fix that lip color. lips should not match your cheeks.

• Love 10

I agree with all of you in your assessments.  Auwalee is the most manipuwative and steawth of aww!  And the other's nude lipstick is ridiculous.   Hey, Auwalee, news flash....EVERYBODY who has a discussion is twying to convince the other person of their point of view.   The black couple (Snowdens?), they just come off as skeevy.  Agree that he just wants tail and she is just trying to keep him happy.  She said he mentioned it very early in their relationship and she was on board and wouldn't be with him if she wasn't.  But her being cool with polygamy only holds water if she felt that way BEFORE meeting him.   If the new skinny girl remains I think we may witness more in-fighting like we're getting with the Alldredges.  Plus, Drew....ewww.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, Granny58 said:

I agree with all of you in your assessments.  Auwalee is the most manipuwative and steawth of aww!  And the other's nude lipstick is ridiculous.   Hey, Auwalee, news flash....EVEWYBODY who has a discussion is twying to convince the othew puhson of theiw point of view.   The black couple (Snowdens?), they just come off as skeevy.  Agree that he just wants tail and she is just trying to keep him happy.  She said he mentioned it very early in their relationship and she was on board and wouldn't be with him if she wasn't.  But her being cool with polygamy only holds water if she felt that way BEFORE meeting him.   If the new skinny girl remains I think we may witness more in-fighting like we're getting with the Alldredges.  Plus, Drew....ewww.  

Sorry. Could. Not. Resist. I was compelled.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Granny58 said:

The black couple (Snowdens?), they just come off as skeevy.  Agree that he just wants tail and she is just trying to keep him happy.  She said he mentioned it very early in their relationship and she was on board and wouldn't be with him if she wasn't.  But her being cool with polygamy only holds water if she felt that way BEFORE meeting him.   If the new skinny girl remains I think we may witness more in-fighting like we're getting with the Alldredges.  Plus, Drew....ewww.  

So true.  Besides Ashley saying that she was on board with this because she studied anthropology (WTF??), her facial expressions, mannerisms at lunch, etc., betray her actual feelings about it.  When the sh*t hits the fan and he "spiritually" marries Tall and Skinny and starts getting physical, she's going to turn into every other first wife: bitter, jealous, and entitled.  They ALL seem to end up like that.

• Love 21

Poor April!  I feel like it’s pink day and Auralee and Angela are shouting, “You can’t sit with us!”  What April said about the mattresses made perfect sense to me.  Drew is a total bastard.  He is eating up this drama.  Oh girls!  Don’t fight over me!!!! 

And he’s, there was no need for Angela to be at that meeting.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, KariLois said:

Poor April!  I feel like it’s pink day and Auralee and Angela are shouting, “You can’t sit with us!”  What April said about the mattresses made perfect sense to me.  Drew is a total bastard.  He is eating up this drama.  Oh girls!  Don’t fight over me!!!! 

And he’s, there was no need for Angela to be at that meeting.

I was totally confused about MattressGate - so Auralee needed mattresses and April had extra?  I thought Auralee said in her TH that she needed mattresses, and that April was going to give her the old ones so April would go out and buy the new ones?  That didn't sound how it actually went down at the "group meeting" when April said that the mattresses she offered to Auralee were extra, not that she (April) would be getting the new ones....  It's too bad if April is the victim here - because she comes off as totally unhinged (see my explanation of first wife syndrome above) in every conversation.

Seriously, why on Earth would anyone want to live in this drama day in and day out??  I just don't get it.

• Love 11

These people live for the drama and yet they are as dull as dishwater. Their "drama" is so ridiculously banal and mundane. April is a seething cauldron of resentment, Auralee is a smug little mean girl, Angela has thrown in with her. Jesus, its positively medieval. In this day and age its laughable. Idiots all deserve each other.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, the-grey-lady said:

Part of the reason Ashley wants a sisterwife is because she's pregnant and needs help with the housework? Er, can't her husband help with that?

I simply do not believe that Ashley is as pro-sisterwife as she wants us to believe. She may genuinely see some advantages to the arrangement, but her resting face gives her away. She keeps referencing wanting a sisterhood. Doesn't she know you can have that with women who aren't having sex with her husband? I believe we call those friends.

Yes, she seemed to be excited that the new wife would help her do the laundry!  I now disagree with any thinking last week that Ashley was interested in polyamory with the second wife.  And seeing the promos for next week, it doesn't look good.  Ugh.  Husband is so skeevy.  He was practically salivating at the new girl this week, the way he asked for the individual date without consulting Ashley first. 

Hey, no comments on the new "wife" who just failed to show up without calling?  Wow, they were waiting there at the airport with their tacky posterboards.  How foolish they looked. 

• Love 13
23 minutes ago, GussieK said:

Yes, she seemed to be excited that the new wife would help her do the laundry!  I now disagree with any thinking last week that Ashley was interested in polyamory with the second wife.  And seeing the promos for next week, it doesn't look good.  Ugh.  Husband is so skeevy.  He was practically salivating at the new girl this week, the way he asked for the individual date without consulting Ashley first. 

Hey, no comments on the new "wife" who just failed to show up without calling?  Wow, they were waiting there at the airport with their tacky posterboards.  How foolish they looked. 

I felt bad for them (bearing in mind that this could all be just for the cameras, of course). They seemed excited, especially Sharis. I thought the signs were cute. I wonder if we will ever find out why Melina ghosted them. I didn't like her much anyway, they can do better!

18 minutes ago, GussieK said:

Another thing to say about the Snowdens:  Dimitri thought Jocelyn was giving honest answers and Ashley thought she was just mouthing what someone would want to hear.  He really got caught up in it immediately.  Ashley is not happy.

Oh he's thirsty, no doubt!

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

I felt bad for them (bearing in mind that this could all be just for the cameras, of course). They seemed excited, especially Sharis. I thought the signs were cute. I wonder if we will ever find out why Melina ghosted them. I didn't like her much anyway, they can do better!

Yes, I have to say I felt bad for them too.  Maybe I was too mean about the posterboards. 

• Love 1

Speaking of no show Milena ... was it just me that noticed all of her tattoos? I just find it strange that  the Alldredge family is cool with that.  Typically in these plyg families I’m used to seeing very conservative modest looking women.

I’m glad Milena ghosted.  She seems like a lonely woman who’s just looking for a friend and sadly she was willing to join that nut bar family just for the company of Sharis. 

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, woot said:

Speaking of no show Milena ... was it just me that noticed all of her tattoos? I just find it strange that  the Alldredge family is cool with that.  Typically in these plyg families I’m used to seeing very conservative modest looking women.

I’m glad Milena ghosted.  She seems like a lonely woman who’s just looking for a friend and sadly she was willing to join that nut bar family just for the company of Sharis. 

Yes!!  I wondered if she always kept her arms and hands down during video chats, lol.  But then I thought about how so many people have lots of tats these days and maybe they don't bother these folks at all.  Probably when the show airs on the 11th of February we will see that she dropped her phone in the toilet at the airport and then missed her flight because she was trying to fish the phone out between the turds and everything is still peachy keen but it gave oh-so-much drama to the show!  Or.... maybe not.  I'm hoping she just bailed.  It didn't seem like a good fit for any of them.  Sharis and Melina can be internet buddies and play Words with Friends and stuff together instead of being sister wives.

• Love 14

I am seeing red flags in the road for the Snowden’s. Ashley’s incredulous look at Dimitri when he asked how the first meetup should go was a dead giveaway. He actually had to ask whether one of them should meet with her alone first, or should they meet with her together? I can’t believe he even asked that question. I can see Ashley bristling at the parts of this deal that are going to be exploring whether there will be sexual chemistry between Daddy Longlegs and the Horndog. As much as she keeps insisting she is not jealous and would have no problem sharing her man, there is no way in real life she will be able to comfortably get past this part. Especially with a beautiful, younger woman.

• Love 19
4 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

Part of the reason Ashley wants a sisterwife is because she's pregnant and needs help with the housework? Er, can't her husband help with that?

I simply do not believe that Ashley is as pro-sisterwife as she wants us to believe. She may genuinely see some advantages to the arrangement, but her resting face gives her away. She keeps referencing wanting a sisterhood. Doesn't she know you can have that with women who aren't having sex with her husband? I believe we call those friends.

Yes!!! If she needs help with the house and the kids, get a maid and a nanny. And some friends to be your sisterhood. Boggles the mind, this one....

• Love 12

Ashley's words and body language are saying two different things. She isn't as into sharing her man as she would have others believe.  That Dimitri was so quick to announce that he wanted to go on a solo date with Jocelyn was a red flag and should be cause for concern. 

I wonder who or what made Milena change her mind.  Perhaps it's for the best, because I believe she would have butted heads with Vanessa. 

I haven't seen enough of the Brineys to get a sense of what is really going on in that house.  I think it is too soon to tell if April is a manipulator or if the other two wives are just jealous of her first wife status. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Bina said:

Yes!!! If she needs help with the house and the kids, get a maid and a nanny. And some friends to be your sisterhood. Boggles the mind, this one....

Per twitter last week, the husband is claiming they have both....(which didn't seem to be the case based on what she was saying during the episode, so who knows what reality is...)

• Love 7

I think Ashley and Dmitri should reconsider this arrangement until after the baby is born.  Many women feel particularly vulnerable and unattractive in pregnancy.  I would wager much of Ash’s discomfort had its roots in appearances - she’s pregnant and the victim, I mean, candidate is lithe and slim.  Anyone would feel uncomfortable.  I get it.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, onatrek said:

Per twitter last week, the husband is claiming they have both....(which didn't seem to be the case based on what she was saying during the episode, so who knows what reality is...)

So I'm guessing Ashley doing the laundry was just for show. If I'm paying for all that help, I sure as heck wouldn't be folding a basket of clothes! 

ETA: "Sharonda" throwing that Twitter shade! >D

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 14

Could Vanessa have been less enthused on that car ride to the airport? While Jeff & Sharis kept saying how excited they were, she said nothing and made these...weird expressions. Can't they see that she is totally not on board with it? I guess it doesn't matter because Melina didn't show, but geez...are those two so obtuse that they can't see that Vanessa was TOTALLY not into this? Or does that even matter, I wonder? Did they just push her along because they were both into the idea, and majority rules? I have no clue as to why they didn't notice - or chose not to notice - that Vanessa was not interested in this. Maybe let the poor woman have her baby, and not do this while she's pregnant, for pete's sake. 

Either she's a woman who has a totally deadpan reaction to everything in life, or she was not up for this Melina idea. I guess Jeff & Sharis would know her best, but as on outsider looking in, it seemed to me that they were pushing her into this. I can't imagine that would have a good outcome.

Edited by Sasha888
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, thebalconyfool said:

Wow I am surprised at the Auralee hate on here. To me April really does seem like manipulator in the family. Can't stand her.

I'm with you. Not that the others are blameless - they've ganged up on her, which isn't very nice either. But I think April is manipulative and flaunts the "first wife" status. I'm more than willing to admit I could be wrong, we haven't seen that much of their family dynamic yet, but I'm getting a bad vibe from her. When they asked to continue their discussion, the first thing she did was lay into both Auralee and Angela. When Angela suggested that they each try to think of something they try to do to improve the situation, April says "I want Auralee to say something nice to me every day." Ummm....she said try to think of something YOU can do, not what YOU WANT others to do for you.

I see no hope for them. Auralee and April are both ready to jump down each other's throats at the first chance they can get. You can almost see the hate that's ready to spew from them. Why that idiot husband thought it was a great idea to move them all into the same house, I'll never know. Either he has some ulterior motive or he's dumb as a fence post.

• Love 17
14 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

She already has an au pair and a housekeeper according to a tweet by her husband.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, thebalconyfool said:

Wow I am surprised at the Auralee hate on here. To me April really does seem like manipulator in the family. Can't stand her.

The problem is that I haven't seen anything that really exposes April as the manipulator. Auwalee is definitely a manipulator, however, because she's the favorite wife and she knows it. (See the footage of that long embrace Drew gave her on returning home from work in the previous episode.) She knows she can go crying to Drew about "mean owd Apwiw is being mean to me and being manipuwative again" and that he'll believe everything she says and then go confront April on her behalf. The three of them are seriously acting like three six-year-old girls, where Auralee knows she's Daddys' favowite, that Daddy will always take her side, and so goes running to Daddy anytime she feels the least bit spited or unhappy with the outcome.

Auralee doesn't like something April said? "Daddy! Daddy! Apwiw said bad wowds do me again."
Auralee doesn't like how something's going to go? "Daddy! Daddy! Apwiw is being undew-handed and manipuwadive again."
Auralee doesn't like something April did? "Daddy! Daddy! Apwiw is cheading again."
In all instances, Drew will go charging off to save Auralee from that big, bad, evil April, without even bothering to try to find out what's going on or asking April for her version of events.

Edited by MrSmith
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17

Ashley and Dimitri aren't married.

Ashley has three kids with him and no commitment. Jocelyn can swoop in and get the legal benefits and keep her career.

Being married to someone over ten years really does provide some benefits when you have a family together, some of these people are just playing games.

• Love 13

Whatever the game is the 3 "A's" are playing, I don't find Auralee very likeable, or even tolerable. If this is not just 'show drama' & third wife is really teaming up with her she's got some balls. If both are upset about their lack of 'status' reg. possible loss of children, etc, which is a bull shit line, then they shouldn't have agreed to procreate with someone who already had a wife - April. Like her or not, she's the only legitimate wife, & especially Auralee having grown up poly, should know April would have 'status' over her. Her mistake was not finding a poly guy to be #1 with, although I can't imagine how much of a terror she'd be as the one & only legal wife if there were others.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Probably when the show airs on the 11th of February we will see that she dropped her phone in the toilet at the airport and then missed her flight because she was trying to fish the phone out between the turds and everything is still peachy keen but it gave oh-so-much drama to the show!  Or.... maybe not.  I'm hoping she just bailed.  It didn't seem like a good fit for any of them.  Sharis and Melina can be internet buddies and play Words with Friends and stuff together instead of being sister wives.

I'm hoping too - although the did have a production crew up in MI to film her and her friend talking about the sister wife thing.  That would be odd to do if you aren't actually going to go through with it.  So, maybe it just for the DRAMA.  Ugh.  Like these folks need anymore drama with all of those kids FFS.

• Love 2

I got curious enough about Jocelyn and Melina to do some twitter searching and while I didn't find much about them--Ashley had a big Insta post talking about how people tried to sabotage her family and hurt them this year (2017), so I wondered if that meant Jocelyn was bad news...

(ETA: She also has a post here saying that she tried to be authentic as possible but what aired is as "far from reality" as it gets.)

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, taragel said:

I got curious enough about Jocelyn and Melina to do some twitter searching and while I didn't find much about them--Ashley had a big Insta post talking about how people tried to sabotage her family and hurt them this year (2017), so I wondered if that meant Jocelyn was bad news...

(ETA: She also has a post here saying that she tried to be authentic as possible but what aired is as "far from reality" as it gets.)

Well... it's really weird to hear your own voice so I would imagine it's strange to see yourself acting as yourself on TV.  (Rather than acting in a movie or show as a character).  I WISH you could have found out more about Jocelyn - now I just might have to stick it out and watch the entire season to find out what happens!  lol

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

I'm with you. Not that the others are blameless - they've ganged up on her, which isn't very nice either. But I think April is manipulative and flaunts the "first wife" status. I'm more than willing to admit I could be wrong, we haven't seen that much of their family dynamic yet, but I'm getting a bad vibe from her. When they asked to continue their discussion, the first thing she did was lay into both Auralee and Angela. When Angela suggested that they each try to think of something they try to do to improve the situation, April says "I want Auralee to say something nice to me every day." Ummm....she said try to think of something YOU can do, not what YOU WANT others to do for you.

I see no hope for them. Auralee and April are both ready to jump down each other's throats at the first chance they can get. You can almost see the hate that's ready to spew from them. Why that idiot husband thought it was a great idea to move them all into the same house, I'll never know. Either he has some ulterior motive or he's dumb as a fence post.

I agree, I don't see any hope for them at all either. Surprised they have even made it this long together, but I'm sure not sharing space helped. To me April is a complete fake.  I get a strong gut feeling from her behavior. I have known some manipulators in my time and the behavior, attitude, even the facial expressions, it's all so familiar to me.  Auralee comes off as someone who has been stressed out for awhile.  It's obvious she cannot stand April, some of the looks she shoots her, it's obvious she doesn't believe a word that comes out of her mouth. It's written all over her face that she genuinely doesn't trust her. When I look at April's facial expressions it's all that dramatic woe is me attitude, it doesn't come across as genuine to me at all. Frankly, she seems like spoiled brat to me. I think Auralee has April pegged and it drives April nuts that she sees through her. The bit about April saying try and think of something nice to say about me every day, talk about self serving. If she doesn't feel they are being nice to her she might want to ask herself why. 

Edited by thebalconyfool
  • Love 15
On 1/28/2018 at 11:17 PM, MoodyGirl said:

And I've said it before...I do not like the Snowdens. This is just some guy wanting to have several women at the same time and call it his calling to polygamy with no religious reasons whatsoever (not that religious reasons make it right). Clearly he was smitten with the new girl. And his wife has such a resting bitch face. Constantly a grimace...and please put a little lipstick or something on. She's so pale. 

Totally agree. I liked them at first glance, but now I wonder why are they even on this show? I guess I don't pay close enough attention when I watch, but I thought they were married. I now see they aren't. They're not Mormons, and on top of that they aren't even married, so why are they looking for a sister "wife"? They just saw a way to get on a TV show. Total farce.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, citychic said:

Ashley and Dimitri aren't married.

Ashley has three kids with him and no commitment. Jocelyn can swoop in and get the legal benefits and keep her career.

Being married to someone over ten years really does provide some benefits when you have a family together, some of these people are just playing games.

Huh?  Not married?  Did they say this on the show?  This is even worse than I thought.  He is just a hound dog.  Ugh.

Edited by GussieK
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, taragel said:

Oh that is juicy. I think these reality shows are more screwed up than we have even imagined.

If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say that Ashley is definitely not on board with a having a sister wife, that she's going along to placate Dimitri and/or for the TLC bank, and that this is her way of either getting him to stop this nonsense or of extricating herself from this relationship and getting some sympathy and a paycheck to boot. 

Also, I don't understand why people have to make their lives so complicated and look for such deep meaning in everything. I know it's hard to find a good man, but damn, it's not worth all this drama and nonsense. People make their own problems. It's like they just let stuff happen and then have to deal with the fallout. Pay attention to your own behavior and don't let things happen and then respond after the fact - an ounce of prevention and all that. 

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 8