Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E04: Meri's Crazy Idea

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Why did this have to be another two hour show?

They could easily condense this to 1 hour instead of dragging it out. That's why I have it on for background noise and play online and do other things during the show because they repeat things so much you don't have to watch that closely.

• Love 5

FT—nope. FF

Chris, I can totally understand how he’s friends with the Browns. Another one who loves to hear themselves drone on. 

As per culture, I will be identifying with Messy Living Room Destroyed By Toddler Culture. You must have at least one small, painful to step upon or obnoxious, barely-touched-it and-it-went-off-like-a-damn-klaxon toy. For wedding ideas, flower girls throw legos or shopkins onto the aisle. Honeymoons are for the whole family to child infested destinations only. It’s mah culture!! It’s totaly legit and you will respect it!!

• Love 13

Ah, you lucky East Coast viewers (PST here.)  I DVR the ep and watch it Monday am before Mr. Xword gets up.  The comments here let me know what fun I'm in for.

I'll add my own special snarkiness tomorrow.  This forum is the real fun.

• Love 16
Just now, VedaPierce said:

Robyn's baby girl really is the sweetest peanut. :) my grinch heart grew a little towards Robyn.

She's ok these days.... but back when she and kody were courting/newlywed - oh no!!  Truley is being born and Kody doesn't give a flying poop - he's off with Robyn, the ONLY person in the world he had eyes for.  It was sad.

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Why did this have to be another two hour show? We just see regurgitated crap. Over.and.over.and.over. Make it stop!

I don't get it either. I only stayed up to watch thinking this was the wedding special. Ugh.

2 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

You would think that would serve as a warning to this bunch.

Exactly. Mariah should plan to make space for Meri's wet bar and her assorted mulit-coloured leggings. Men in plyg culture seem to lose interest in supporting their wives ( financially and emotionally) once their child bearing years come to an end.

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, Reppiks2897 said:

So Tony what is generic white people candy???  So Mexican candy is like the real good name brand candy and white people candy is the generic not so good candy? I just can’t with this guy, ugh! 

He didn't seem that thrilled with the white people Claddagh ring either.

• Love 7

Meri said B&B had been out of her family for 30 years. That really isn't a long time. The way she was going on, I thought it hadn't been in the family for 50 years or more. The way her mom and sisters were acting, it was the long lost family jewel. It is also beyond absurd that her mom would live there alone and the entire Brown family supports her. Meri's stupid business isn't paying the mortgage (and no bank will make a loan based on the income from an MLM). I wonder why Christine's first question wasn't "What about MY mom? She was supposed to run the place!" Second question from anyone should have been "Since when does Bonnie make decisions about how to spend/manage Brown money?" Since we know that the place is being run as a B&B, wonder who is actually living there now.

I really don't know what Mykelti was thinking would happen with a December wedding. I know she wanted an August date but once it was moved back, she needed to change her "vision" to factor in what they would encounter around that date, like the holidays, horrible weather and limited venues due to holiday celebrations. She should have also ordered a cute little furry shrug to go with her dress instead of wearing FT's huge sloppy jacket. Despite how Christine will spin it to be endearing, it is just plain stupid.

Poor Ysabel. I discovered I have bad scoliosis as an adult and my back has been failing me for a few years. I have one spinal fusion, several herniated disks and just had a diskectomy. I hope the money holds out so she can get fixed now.

Robyn: I'm worried I'm worried I'm worried I'm worried I'm worried

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

eri said B&B had been out of her family for 30 years. That really isn't a long time. The way she was going on, I thought it hadn't been in the family for 50 years or more. The way her mom and sisters were acting, it was the long lost family jewel. It is also beyond absurd that her mom would live there alone and the entire Brown family supports her. Meri's stupid business isn't paying the mortgage (and no bank will make a loan based on the income from an MLM). I wonder why Christine's first question wasn't "What about MY mom? She was supposed to run the place!" Second question from anyone should have been "Since when does Bonnie make decisions about how to spend/manage Brown money?" Since we know that the place is being run as a B&B, wonder who is actually living there now.

And like Kody mentioned I think, what about all of the OTHER expenses associated with living and owning a home?  There is heat/water/trash removal/phone, food, insurance/ blah blah blah.  Then there is the upkeep when and if the electricity/wiring DOES go bad and other old house issues.   Who is going to pay for all of that?  Kody and the other wives?

• Love 11
1 hour ago, trimthatfat said:

Are we sure Mykelti really isn't Meri's child? This insistence on having an outdoor wedding in December when the weather is cold reeks of 'I want what I want and you better give me what I want'. 

I had to pause. What idiot has a December wedding in Utah outdoors??? Seriously?  Isn't it like f'ing cold?

1 hour ago, peaceknit said:

So have they all had cold sores? Sobbyn's was very apparent in her TH.

Well, if they all kiss the Kdouche.  No wonder they have not spread some other diseases among them.

• Love 10

They plan a Dec wedding outside in the desert and are shocked that it's cold?? WTH? And so what if it's normally 50 and now it's unexpectedly 40. Is 50 supposed to be comfortable outdoor wedding weather??

Why the heck didn't they get married indoors with the Christmas theme -- red/white type of colors or blue/white/silver (little more Hannaukah-ish in colors but also reminiscent of snow/winter generally) kind of colors? I've seen both done quite elegantly around Christmas time and both times it was done by young/underemployed/just starting out couples just like T&M bc then you're paying nothing for decorations bc most places are already decked out for the holidays and let you use their existing décor. All you have to provide is your own bouquet, bridal bouquet, and boutonnieres and that's literally it. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Chicklet said:

OR shorter Christine: This wedding is a shitshow.

Omg, I called it a shitshow before reading 2 other posters call it a shitshow....so, we're in agreement?

1 hour ago, LucyEth said:

Love your screen name Veda Pierce, one of my favorite movies!

ME TOO! Seen it 100x. :)

• Love 5

Did anyone catch the TH where FT is talking about Kody giving marriage advice and he says something like “he’s been married four times—that we know about” and Mykelti gave him the most shocked expression? That guy thinks he is so hilarious. I am sure Kody will be seething at FT’s insolence when he sees this episode.

• Love 16

I can’t see that ridged chip/cracker commercial, where the punchline, delivered by a pickle, is “It’s kind of a big...DILL!” without thinking of this bunch.  Hearing them say the phrase “a big dill” approximately 400 times tonight is not going to do anything to sever that mental connection.

Production must think we’re morons who won’t catch on that Mykelti and Tony’s TH segments were filmed months after the wedding. They’ve both packed on some “just married” pounds (as have I since my September wedding, alas), and Tony’s hair is completely different—better, actually; what a shocker!  

• Love 19

I guess we will see the wedding later in more detail, but in the previews, I was trying to see the chairs and how it would accomodate 400. I couldn't tell, but did not look like that many chairs. Maybe they just didn't pan the whole crowd. I just couldn't see 400 chairs being even set up in that small space. 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Starsandbucks said:

I’m still watching on the West coast but oh my god this nail salon scene is so tedious! Who argues with who over what. It just keeps going and going. 

Wait until you get the to the wedding rehearsal.  Seriously  - it's worse than watching paint dry.  The only thing entertaining about it was watching one of the kids (Truley?) constantly rolling around on the wet freezing ground while an adult would try to get her up and hoping the strong wind would blow someone away.  I was mostly hoping it would snag Tony, but of course he is MUCH too weighted to fly off.  When he was talking with Mykelti on the couch in that white shirt I could swear he's working up to 300 pounds.  But then again, Mykelti is also packing some on.  Her face was a balloon.  (Unless she's pregnant in that scene since it WAS filmed after the wedding.  In that case she can't really help it.)  

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

Christine and Cody sure had a lot of cozy couch scenes, his hand on her knee, etc.  They looked like they had something going on.  This may be why she is so happy these days.

Also, this episode made me think that maybe Christine's voice coach had suggested a lower key and Christine argued for the super soprano arrangement. She was absolutely uncompromising with the guitar player, and he tried.  My daughter had the theory that the voice lessons were awful by design so as to showcase a good performance at the wedding. I no longer think that's a possibility after this episode with the guitar guy.

• Love 16

Mykelti's hair does nothing for her when she wears it down. It's limp and lank, and it drags her features down. It was gathered and tucked at the nape when they got their nails and the difference was night and day. It was extremely flattering. Like, not even the same person and the color looked good. In her THs, with her complexion, her lip color is harsh and so is that hair color when her hair is hanging limply. She's an attractive gal and it's a shame she doesn't see that her original look is more "her" and now she just looks hard. Isn't she a natural blonde like her mother and sisters? I think we can safely assume that if FT liked her with blonde hair she'd have blonde hair.

Edited by suomi
  • Love 9

Christine goes alone to the St. George home of the guitar accompanist who she has never met and we have to hear her sing the dopey song for the fourth time. This time it was worse than the first time.

• Love 11

My Mom who doesn’t watch tv was in another room, but heard Christine singing, and said to me , “Has anyone told that lady that she can’t sing?”

ouch!  ?

I can’t get over Meri’s drawn on eyebrows. i can’t focus on anything she says either, but then again, she speaks so slowly, with dramatic pauses that I drift off into other thoughts. .  “I have............something........to tell...............the family”.   

Kody:  conditioner is your friend, and so is a hairdresser.

i was fast forwarding thru most of this episode. I literally want this wedding over. 

• Love 19
3 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

Meri said B&B had been out of her family for 30 years. That really isn't a long time. The way she was going on, I thought it hadn't been in the family for 50 years or more. The way her mom and sisters were acting, it was the long lost family jewel. It is also beyond absurd that her mom would live there alone and the entire Brown family supports her. Meri's stupid business isn't paying the mortgage (and no bank will make a loan based on the income from an MLM). I wonder why Christine's first question wasn't "What about MY mom? She was supposed to run the place!" Second question from anyone should have been "Since when does Bonnie make decisions about how to spend/manage Brown money?" Since we know that the place is being run as a B&B, wonder who is actually living there now.

It didn't happen on the show so I won't post it but the bold is answered in the reviews on the Inn's FB page. You will be spoiled if you go there so keep that in mind. Also of interest, there are seven reviews tallied on the FB page (six give 5-stars and one gives 4-stars) but you can read only two of the reviews. The other reviews just link to the Inn's website. Sorta odd.

• Love 1

God help me, I found myself agreeing/sympathizing with Kody several times tonight. 

I also caught Tony mentioning “when I got home” and thought, A-HA!! They also seem way too physically comfortable with with other not to be poking. On the other hand, I can’t imagine it and certainly don’t wish to. 

Upthread, whoever said “Not FT - FF” - not sure what FF stands for but I made a wild guess and had to laugh. Geez, he is annoying. Even Mykelti seemed to think so when he mentioned generic white-people candy. He comes across like a preteen doofus. I wonder if his parents have enough English to understand what a dick he is being. They don’t gaze at him with blind love or anything. Do they know what they hath wrought 

• LOL 1
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, suomi said:

It didn't happen on the show so I won't post it but the bold is answered in the reviews on the Inn's FB page. You will be spoiled if you go there so keep that in mind. Also of interest, there are seven reviews tallied on the FB page (six give 5-stars and one gives 4-stars) but you can read only two of the reviews. The other reviews just link to the Inn's website. Sorta odd.

And if someone's not on FB, it's also included in this article (about 2/3's down below a picture of Kody, Janelle and I think Meri and an umbrella)

https://www.sltrib.com/news/polygamy/2018/01/07/one-of-the-sister-wives-opens-a-utah-bed-and-breakfast-despite-family-being-seen-as-felons/

Or here under a spoiler is the quote:

Spoiler

Meri Brown said her mother has sold her house in Lehi and will live at Lizzie’s Heritage Inn. The mother and daughter will run the bed and breakfast together, the latter said, in what they want to be a moneymaking endeavor.

• Love 2

Well, I thought Meri was initially saying "Oh, I've always wanted to run a B&B..." Now she's saying the idea would be hell for her? She's so manipulative! 

Meri's mother has a lot of nerve to esssntially ask her daughter to buy the house for her so that she may live in. She's expecting all the rest of the 20-something family members to fund that? What about the other moms? What about Annie?  And shame on Meri! 

• Love 21