Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E04: Meri's Crazy Idea

• Start Topic

i don't get why she doesn't buy the house and have her mom move in the carriage house which she would  have renovated as a small studio apartment for herself. What would mom do with a 4 bedroom home? Usually seniors are downsizing at this time.

• Love 22

Is Meri seriously asking the family to financially help her buy a house for mother to live in?  The whole idea was to bring in money for the family by running it as a B&B and at the same time doing something nice or Meri.  How can she even think they will buy her mother a house?  Poor Ysabell I feel bad for her wearing that brace and being in pain and getting bruises.  Terrible for a young girl.

• Love 19

Meri is the one that got herself in this situation---she asked her mom to live in the house! Duh! What was she thinking? Have mom move to the empty Vegas house if she needs a house. I'm glad the other wives were like WTF?!

Edited by MoodyGirl
  • Love 19

Meri is high if she thinks her stupid LLR leggings are gonna pay the mortgage. She and her mom should just go spend a few days as guests of that b&B. They don't have to buy the damn thing.

Robyn is really packing on the lbs. Her daughter was like a year old when this was filmed, right ?

I'm surprised Kody is not dying his hair. He is normally so vain.

• Love 8

Oh, Ysabel and her back brace.  Poor baby.  As someone who also dealt with spinal curvature issues in her youth, I can tell you that it’s not fun at all.  This is just another reason why I think that parents of young kids should think long and hard about signing on for reality shows.  Life is hard enough when you’re young and different in any way.  Why make it worse by publicizing the kids’ issues for their ruthless classmates to point out?  Seriously.

• Love 22

I’m usually hot and cold on Christine, but her TH's are great. “I want to head my head against something!” “That is so sweet. How about a smaller home then!?” (<~~~this feels a little pointed, eh? Given that they’re sitting in meri's giant, empty house lol)

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, MoodyGirl said:

Meri is the one that got herself in this situation---she asked her mom to live in the house! Duh! What was she thinking? Have mom move to the empty Vegas house if she needs a house. I'm glad the other wives were like WTF?!

Right!? They really glossed over that it was Meri’s dumb idea to invite her mom to just live there. I think I’d be more pissed about that than oh it’s so expensive 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, SuzyLee said:

Oh, Ysabel and her back brace.  Poor baby.  As someone who also dealt with spinal curvature issues in her youth, I can tell you that it’s not fun at all.  This is just another reason why I think that parents of young kids should think long and hard about signing on for reality shows.  Life is hard enough when you’re young and different in any way.  Why make it worse by publicizing the kids’ issues for their ruthless classmates to point out?  Seriously.

Totally agree. We really didn't need to see this. Poor girl.

• Love 12

Team Ysabel (although that spelling is atrocious). These people are complete doofuses,  but are raising some great kids-Logan, Hunter, prob Garrison and Paeden and mature beyond her years Ysabel, I'm talking about you. Mylketi and Mariah-meh, and I was team Maddie, but moving home bumped her into Mariah and Mykelti territory.

Edited by jacksgirl
  • Love 20
8 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

Oh my gosh..... the worst thing in the world is when people think they can sing - but trust me - they CAN'T!!   But like she said... .Mykelti asked her to sing and doesn't care if she can sing well or not.

• Love 6
58 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

Meri: I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want

I have never OMG-ed this many times in 70 minutes. (Well, maybe when I was in labor.) This has to be producer driven, right? Because otherwise, un be liev a ble.  

• Love 9

You know how Seinfeld used to be "a show about nothing" but was funny. This show really is about nothing. Nothing and nobody is interesting in this family other than a few of the kids. Frisbee weddings? Making your own bouquets? Arguing about things that aren't anything or shouldn't be. Ugh

• Love 12

I was diagnosed with scoliosis when I was in junior high. Not a severe curve of the spine like Ysabel but still worrisome. I went to the chiropractor 2-3 times a week for years for them to adjust my spine correctly as it was growing. My chiropractor said scoliosis braces are garbage. They don’t stop the curve, especially not a severe curve. All it does is cause angst to the wearer. Poor Ysabel. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, suomi said:

I have never OMG-ed this many times in 70 minutes. (Well, maybe when I was in labor.) This has to be producer driven, right? Because otherwise, un be liev a ble.  

Doubtful.  This  has been Meri since the first episode when she sent Mariah to Christine's house to eat while she made herself a healthy dinner.  Christine made fish stick tacos or some such thing.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, Chicklet said:

You know how Seinfeld used to be "a show about nothing" but was funny. This show really is about nothing. Nothing and nobody is interesting in this family other than a few of the kids. Frisbee weddings? Making your own bouquets? Arguing about things that aren't anything or shouldn't be. Ugh

True, but then we get a Meri segment and it's always worth the wait.

Those stupid, stupid rings. They love saying "Claddagh" and they love that it always gets a reaction and requires an explanation. Claddagh this, Claddagh that, Claddagh him, Claddagh her. Ad nauseam.

• Love 20

Good Lord, FT’s poor parents!  You don’t need to bridge a language gap to know that those two are just ready for this whole shitshow to be over.  Father FT was hilarious when Chris asked him if they’d left anything out of the preparations that they wanted to see: “Yeah, I think is . . . okay.”  Indeed.

Oh, and how touching that Kody holds solemn marital traditions in such high regard.  *vomit*

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

LOLOL!!!   I see them sitting there as if they are stunned... and I feel so sorry for them!!  They seem like nice people.    Oh - and I STILL don't get Tony's enthusiasm at using the beating stick to destroy the bride pinata.  He said two or three times that he will be done beating it open before she will be.  (Or something like that.)  And we got the WHITE PEOPLE/GENERIC phrase again.   Poor generic Mykelti.

Poor white, English lady Mykelti.

• Love 13