Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E00: Biggest Behind the Scenes Moments

druzy
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, druzy said:

Hahahahaha for some reason, the funniest part is when the guy's driving off and says, "you had a beautiful wedding." It's funny because you would have to be very uncultured to find this a beautiful wedding to begin with, AND you started a fight at it! Way to go!!! Hahaha these idiots crack me up. 

• Love 15
(edited)
54 minutes ago, AirQuotes said:

I'm sick with flu and the nausea is miserable. I want to watch this but watching them eat makes me gag on a normal day. 

I hope you feel better soon! You don't need to watch we will keep you updated :)

Edited by druzy
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, AirQuotes said:

I'm sick with flu and the nausea is miserable. I want to watch this but watching them eat makes me gag on a normal day. 

I am so sorry! Sending you hugs and wishes for a fast recovery. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, AirQuotes said:

Feel better soon!!! I had the flu two weeks ago, and it was horrible. Good news is my stomach shrank, making (safe) dieting a lot easier. Silver lining!

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 6

At the very end, when the moms were talking about how they have each other, Jenelle pipes up and talks about being spotted in a grocery store. WTF?! Why couldn't she have kept her mouth shut, just as she was already doing when Chelsea, Leah & Kail were chit chatting in the trailer? Maybe she didn't hear Chelsea's answer and couldn't copy it, so that's why she was initially quiet?

She just had to ruin the moment about being a support system for each other by making it about her and bringing up her "star status" in NC. Not one of the other three moms has ever complained about going food shopping at the grocery store or gas station. 

She's so insecure around the other three moms and it's blatantly obvious to me. It's almost like she doesn't know what to say that's sincere, genuine or heartfelt, so she makes the comment about her and her problems on The Land. 

Grade A narcissist for the win!

First of all, her Instagram tells us UBT goes grocery shopping, not her, so people aren't whispering about her. (Just like those "fans" at the gas station were watching her fight with Barb.)

Second, she is so socially awkward! I really saw her insecurities shine through durIng this special. She's most likely mad at the world because of her shitty life and all of her choices. I think she knows what an asshole she is, deep down. Very, very deep, deep, deep down. I refuse to defend that dumpster fire of a "human", but I saw a person whose growth has been clearly stunted for a variety of reasons.

She's simply not on the same level as her peers (and that speaks volumes when Leah has her shit together and you don't) in terms of simply being a civil person and trying to be a good mom and she knows it. Yes, Kail pawns the boys off a lot, but she also loves them dearly. If sweet Isaac and Lincoln don't make your heart happy, then you need to go live on the Land! Jenelle appeared to be subdued and quiet around the 3 other moms because she doesn't have anything to say or ask about. She strikes me as one of those people who don't know how to be a friend. You all know exactly what I mean because we all know at least one person like that. She doesn't know to ask about other people, inquire about what's going on with them or say "hey, I was watching XYZ on TV and it made me think of you." She looked lost and lonely when she was "forced to hang" with three of her peers; almost like she didn't know how to do it. 

It's almost like she knows how much of a screw up she is and knows that THEY know, but no one talks about it. It's the elephant in the room that is never addressed. (shout out to Three's Company for that phrasing) I can't stand her, but I saw a different side to her, most likely because UBT wasn't there to speak for her.

No pressure at all, @CofCinci, but do you think Jenelle's behavior around the other moms completely odd and/or "inappropriate" or was it me? 

• Love 16

Damn, Amber Porkwood is bringing it! These are cracking me up. 

So why exactly were Tori and whoever that guy was kicked out?

I'm so glad they showed the UBT clip with him getting out of the car and getting nowhere. Classic!

• Love 9
14 hours ago, hoosiermom said:

I was shocked at how much makeup they were putting on Kails red, blotchy face. She definitely needed it, just saying.....

And it was so *yellow*--but then I guess that's what you do to tone down red.

This was a snoozefest for sure, except for Jenelle's wedding fight, but thank god no Nessa.

• Love 4

I think the swamp smackdown happened after the ceremony. Jenelle's hair is braided (it was loose for the craptastic ceremony), she's changed out of her more classier court/wedding heels into flip flops, UBT isn't wearing his tacky white jacket but is wearing his wedding ring, the lights strung around the tables are on and people have plates of food. I think it was well into the drunken, drug fueled reception and Tori's boyfriend probably didn't say anything that the rest of the trashy guests weren't saying. UBT just wanted an excuse to threaten someone and act like he's king of the swamp. Jenelle's tweet is her usual nonsense and I laughed out loud at her saying Tori was almost late. You're either late or you're not. The whole thing was so trashy, complete with an intact male pitbull wandering down the aisle (or isle if you're Jenelle), balls a swinging. Someone staggering in moments before the ceremony wouldn't be anything out of the ordinary.

• Love 13
16 minutes ago, lovesnark said:

I think the swamp smackdown happened after the ceremony. Jenelle's hair is braided (it was loose for the craptastic ceremony), she's changed out of her more classier court/wedding heels into flip flops, UBT isn't wearing his tacky white jacket but is wearing his wedding ring, the lights strung around the tables are on and people have plates of food. I think it was well into the drunken, drug fueled reception and Tori's boyfriend probably didn't say anything that the rest of the trashy guests weren't saying. UBT just wanted an excuse to threaten someone and act like he's king of the swamp. Jenelle's tweet is her usual nonsense and I laughed out loud at her saying Tori was almost late. You're either late or you're not. The whole thing was so trashy, complete with an intact male pitbull wandering down the aisle (or isle if you're Jenelle), balls a swinging. Someone staggering in moments before the ceremony wouldn't be anything out of the ordinary.

I think it happened after, too.  I remember trashy ass-eater saying "It was a beautiful wedding", or something along those lines, as he was being kicked out.  It struck me as funny, given the situation.  Like Forrest Gump after beating up that guy who hit Jenny, "Sorry I had to fight at your Black Panther party".  (I'm not really right in the head).  lol

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Mkay said:

Seems like she picked the wrong kind of gown for a dirt-floor wedding.  Not that there's anything wrong with dirt-floor weddings!  I love the outdoors.  Just seems like a strange pick to have a train to drag through dirt, needles, twigs, and whatever else all night.  Or, you know, just ball up your dress. 

Edited by eskimo
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, eskimo said:

Seems like she picked the wrong kind of gown for a dirt-floor wedding.  Not that there's anything wrong with dirt-floor weddings!  I love the outdoors.  Just seems like a strange pick to have a train to drag through dirt, needles, twigs, and whatever else all night.  Or, you know, just ball up your dress. 

But, it's almost a copy of Chelsea's dress! She had to have it! She didn't spend the money to have it hemmed and that would have helped a lot. That's why she had to hold it up while she wobbled down the sod. It was about three inches too long in the front and would have looked ridiculous even at an indoor venue. You're not supposed to have to hold your wedding dress off the ground as you walk down the aisle to keep from tripping over it. And, I'll bet it had a loop to pull the train up out of the way and she is too stupid to know about it. Just like she was too stupid to know how to put on that ridiculous veil. I really wonder if any of her paid for "friends" tried to show her how to put the veil on and she went off on them? Or, if they just said nothing and laughed their asses off while they watched her wobble/stagger down the sod looking like a complete idiot.

• Love 15
13 hours ago, Bridget said:

At the very end, when the moms were talking about how they have each other, Jenelle pipes up and talks about being spotted in a grocery store. WTF?! Why couldn't she have kept her mouth shut, just as she was already doing when Chelsea, Leah & Kail were chit chatting in the trailer? Maybe she didn't hear Chelsea's answer and couldn't copy it, so that's why she was initially quiet?

She just had to ruin the moment about being a support system for each other by making it about her and bringing up her "star status" in NC. Not one of the other three moms has ever complained about going food shopping at the grocery store or gas station. 

She's so insecure around the other three moms and it's blatantly obvious to me. It's almost like she doesn't know what to say that's sincere, genuine or heartfelt, so she makes the comment about her and her problems on The Land. 

First of all, her Instagram tells us UBT goes grocery shopping, not her, so people aren't whispering about her. (Just like those "fans" at the gas station were watching her fight with Barb.)

Second, she is so socially awkward! I really saw her insecurities shine through durIng this special. She's most likely mad at the world because of her shitty life and all of her choices. I think she knows what an asshole she is, deep down. Very, very deep, deep, deep down. I refuse to defend that dumpster fire of a "human", but I saw a person whose growth has been clearly stunted for a variety of reasons.

She's simply not on the same level as her peers (and that speaks volumes when Leah has her shit together and you don't) in terms of simply being a civil person and trying to be a good mom and she knows it. Yes, Kail pawns the boys off a lot, but she also loves them dearly. If sweet Isaac and Lincoln don't make your heart happy, then you need to go live on the Land! Jenelle appeared to be subdued and quiet around the 3 other moms because she doesn't have anything to say or ask about. She strikes me as one of those people who don't know how to be a friend. You all know exactly what I mean because we all know at least one person like that. She doesn't know to ask about other people, inquire about what's going on with them or say "hey, I was watching XYZ on TV and it made me think of you." She looked lost and lonely when she was "forced to hang" with three of her peers; almost like she didn't know how to do it. 

It's almost like she knows how much of a screw up she is and knows that THEY know, but no one talks about it. It's the elephant in the room that is never addressed. (shout out to Three's Company for that phrasing) I can't stand her, but I saw a different side to her, most likely because UBT wasn't there to speak for her.

No pressure at all, @CofCinci, but do you think Jenelle's behavior around the other moms completely odd and/or "inappropriate" or was it me? 

Spot on analysis! I feel like in her everyday life, jenelle knows she's a screwup and is proud of it. She's thrilled to be the "star" of teen mom because she's the most dramastic, and has said before that no one would watch it if not for her. She parades her trashy behavior out in public HOPING it will be noticed, and hoping to monetarily gain from it. However, when she's with the other girls, suddenly she's not in control of the situation, and she knows they are judging her for being the train wreck. Then suddenly she's not so proud anymore and tries to act like she's actually a parent, which always comes off as so fake. 

• Love 15
19 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Oh Randy, I ?you so!   You speak for all of us.

I wonder if the wedding officiant knew that he’d end up being a bodyguard during the reception.  Probably.

wellll he is technically their security guy for the show so he was probably doing double duty on the wedding day. 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, druzy said:

VI-vert.jpg

1) how are you almost late? that's like being a little dead. You're late or you're not late for a wedding. 

2) It's striking how she is able to precisely identify the ways and hows when people fail her and yet she is unable to turn that precision back on herself for like...Jace. Or Kaiser. Or her mom. Or poor Endtable.

• Love 14
15 minutes ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

1) how are you almost late? that's like being a little dead. You're late or you're not late for a wedding. 

2) It's striking how she is able to precisely identify the ways and hows when people fail her and yet she is unable to turn that precision back on herself for like...Jace. Or Kaiser. Or her mom. Or poor Endtable.

Agree!

I loved the part where she told Tori "you both were on drugs and fucked up" and "to get your life together... lay off the drugs & alcohol!" I also laughed at the part where she said Tori's bf "will come and go." (Unlike the umpteen males we saw in the Jenelle's Ex-Files special)

She is a totally new type of crazy that I never knew existed.

Was she writing in her diary about herself and accidentally published this, so she had to add Tori's name & some wedding details in an attempt to cover the truth?

• Love 13
16 hours ago, Bridget said:

IMO as a (totally unqualified) armchair psychologist with a couple of psych classes in undergrad and a relative with NPD, Jenelle doesn't know how to act appropriately with the other moms (or normal people) because she has no idea how normal people feel emotions. She's unable to feel about anyone but herself and perceived slights against her. She has no idea how normal people feel or express those feelings. She's spent her whole life copying what she thinks are appropriate reactions/conversations/feelings because as a narcissist, she has none of her own. That's what I saw in that clip.

MiniNordic2 is home from daycare with the flu and thus I'm home from work. I actually watched this episode and a couple of OG episodes (yawwwwn). I usually just read the snark here.

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 13

I really felt for Barb in that scene where she was telling the production team she felt betrayed. Fuck these people - especially the producer lady who hopes Jenelle and Barb can work it out or whatever. She's the worst. Give me Kiki or Kersty's ass-kissing any day over her. 

I'm gonna give Andre' a slight pass because I know he's close with Jace and Jace probably felt safer with Andre' up there officiating and standing right next to David and Jenelle. Andre' would have been within arms reach of David had anything went down (like Jenelle's coming to her senses and calling off the wedding rather than saying "I Do" or Courtland showing up). I assume he was hired as security for the wedding anyway & it kind of makes sense to have security literally right next to David & Jenelle.

Feel better soon, @AirQuotes. Mini-Nordic2 came down with it yesterday and I cleaned up so.much.baby.vomit. Ugh. She seems much better today. I'm hoping MiniNordic1 doesn't get it and neither do I or Mr.Nordic. Mr.Nordic had a flu shot, the rest of us did not. The NP my hubby works with wrote me a tamiful script that I'm hoping wards off or minimizes the flu for me.

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 10

Thanks for the well wishes.  I went to doctor this morning and I have a kidney stone. Now that my pain is under control the nausea has eased up. 

I've watched about half and Brianna really grosses me out when she eats. 

What was that when Kail was getting makeup slathered on in her kitchen? Special occasion? She generally looks not showered. 

Kail is right about being not liked. Lol

• Love 11
17 hours ago, AirQuotes said:

Thanks for the well wishes.  I went to doctor this morning and I have a kidney stone. Now that my pain is under control the nausea has eased up. 

What was that when Kail was getting makeup slathered on in her kitchen? Special occasion? She generally looks not showered. 

Kail is right about being not liked. Lol

Take care. I hope the worst is over.

@MyPeopleAreNordic awww poor baby. Well wishes go out to her. 

Talk about having make-up troweled on, that was a lot of major cover-up the make-up person was putting on Kanal. It looked like she was applying Bondo (automotive body putty filler used to cover up large imperfections). 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, AirQuotes said:

I've watched about half and Brianna really grosses me out when she eats. 

Briana grosses me out all the time. She is so trashy. She and Kail both look grubby, but Briana looks like she needs to be thrown in the shower and scrubbed with a wire brush.

• Love 13