Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E11: Tea is of the essence

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, ridethemaverick said:

Video of Porsha talking about watching the footage from the party.

There are lots of supportive comments which I think reflect the general feeling that Kandi has the right to still be angry but there's no need to invite someone she dislikes that much.

Porsha went to the party because her bosses in production told her to. No other reason. I can’t believe a word that comes out of her stupid mouth.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Portae said:

Candidates tend to drop out of races before the election if it is clear that they are not going to win. Campaigns are expensive and it's better for the individual to cut his/her losses and try to broker a deal with one of the people still in the running for a position in the new administration.

While true to a certain extent two weeks before the General election even with such a large number of candidates  is unusual because typically they have budgeted for it, I imagine and some googling indicates he was polling so low that he and his advisors thought not getting his ass kicked by a crazy margin would be more beneficial for future runs for office.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, lasu said:

I think it's tough to say with certainty she could have forced them to edit it out.  She might have enough clout for that; she might not.  But I do think she handled it the smart way, letting it air since it was likely going to become tabloid fodder one way or another.  I think she might have seen less support from her audience if she had asked Bravo to edit it out.  I'm sure many people would have asked why she did that if she had nothing to hide.

Can anyone refresh my memory on what legal recourse Adrienne had against Brandi? I know Brandi was an asshole for revealing Adrienne used a surrogate, but how was it actionable since it was actually a factual statement? 

Adrienne kept her kids off camera, they were not allowed to show them but she/Paul/they did talk about them so I don't know other than it violated their, the twins,  right to privacy. With Kandi, she could have argued that Phaedra/Porsha's claim was a criminal accusation/lie that could affect her businesses that she kept off camera, Kandi doesn't show all of them on camera.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, lasu said:

I think it's tough to say with certainty she could have forced them to edit it out.  She might have enough clout for that; she might not.  But I do think she handled it the smart way, letting it air since it was likely going to become tabloid fodder one way or another.  I think she might have seen less support from her audience if she had asked Bravo to edit it out.  I'm sure many people would have asked why she did that if she had nothing to hide.

Can anyone refresh my memory on what legal recourse Adrienne had against Brandi? I know Brandi was an asshole for revealing Adrienne used a surrogate, but how was it actionable since it was actually a factual statement? 

Adrienne never sued Brandi.  Brandi was friends with one of Adrienne's attorneys who clued Brandi in and Adrienne went after her. She went to the Bravo/NBC/Universal and asked/demanded it not be aired because of a clause about her children in the contract.  They agreed to not air it and then it got out and Adrienne announced it after Bravo had cut the scenes.  It was not a secret by the time Adrienne came forward.

Kandi was in a similar position, if they cut it, it would then become the dirty secret about Kandi.  It is amazing to me how fungible Phaedra became-even Porsha continues to bury her.  

1 hour ago, cooksdelight said:

Porsha went to the party because her bosses in production told her to. No other reason. I can’t believe a word that comes out of her stupid mouth.

The same holds true as to why Kandi invited her. It was an all cast party paid for by production/Bravo. LOL

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Kandi was in a similar position, if they cut it, it would then become the dirty secret about Kandi.

That's why I think she was smart to let it play out in the episodes, even if one does think she had the clout to have it edited out.

And thank you, I thought someone had said Adrienne was threatening to sue Brandi, but I could figure out what she could sue her for.

1 hour ago, cooksdelight said:

They aren't forced to go to every event. I've seen plenty of housewives beg off various housewife events across franchises. Why would Porsha be an exception?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ridethemaverick said:

Video of Porsha talking about watching the footage from the party.

There are lots of supportive comments which I think reflect the general feeling that Kandi has the right to still be angry but there's no need to invite someone she dislikes that much.

Kandi had an interesting take, she was proud and wanted everyone to be there, Porsha just can't stand the fact Bravo wants Kandi more than Porsha.  I get Porsha's feelings were hurt but at some point she needs to take responsibility  for what she did and stop blaming Phaedra. Porsha went hard after Kandi and Todd and it backfired.   I find it refreshing in the franchise of RH that some deeds do not get forgiven.  Porsha is one of those annoying gnats that wants the show to be about her and she is just not that interesting.   The vegan cooking episode-who makes soup in a frying pan? Let her have her Dish Nation and see if she can make her mortgage payment with that pay.  Porsha of all people should not be talking about made up men for the show-did we ever see her benefactor that paid for the $80,000.00 Birkin and Rolls?  Of course not.   The woman is pushing forty and acts all of someone who is in her early twenties.    

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Kandi had an interesting take, she was proud and wanted everyone to be there, Porsha just can't stand the fact Bravo wants Kandi more than Porsha.  I get Porsha's feelings were hurt but at some point she needs to take responsibility  for what she did and stop blaming Phaedra. Porsha went hard after Kandi and Todd and it backfired.   I find it refreshing in the franchise of RH that some deeds do not get forgiven.  Porsha is one of those annoying gnats that wants the show to be about her and she is just not that interesting.   The vegan cooking episode-who makes soup in a frying pan? Let her have her Dish Nation and see if she can make her mortgage payment with that pay.  Porsha of all people should not be talking about made up men for the show-did we ever see her benefactor that paid for the $80,000.00 Birkin and Rolls?  Of course not.   The woman is pushing forty and acts all of someone who is in her early twenties.    

She has a lot of fans so someone finds her interesting. 

Frankly, I don't find any of them interesting anymore and the show just seems like a money grab because I don't think any of them actually like each other in real life. I can still watch NY and BH with interest because the relationships actually seem genuine one way or the other. ATL and OC? Fake, and mindnumbingly boring these days.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, ridethemaverick said:

They aren't forced to go to every event. I've seen plenty of housewives beg off various housewife events across franchises. Why would Porsha be an exception?

I agree-Porsha wanted to be there because the event had clout-Essence Magazine is a big deal.  My guess is she thought she would have had more of a featured role.  DIdn't Porsha attend some record event of Kandi's and end up outside arguing with Don Juan over Phaedra?  As much as Porsha feels demeaned by Kandi and her "minions", she needs to wake up and realize they are people too.  This idea she is somehow better is what has gotten her into her current predicament.  I always find it sad, that her grandfather that walked along one of the greatness civil rights' leaders of all time, advocating for equality for all, has Porsha as part of his legacy.  Porsha is way too quick to apply some caste system to hard working people.  

5 minutes ago, ridethemaverick said:

She has a lot of fans so someone finds her interesting. 

Frankly, I don't find any of them interesting anymore and the show just seems like a money grab because I don't think any of them actually like each other in real life. I can still watch NY and BH with interest because the relationships actually seem genuine one way or the other. ATL and OC? Fake, and mindnumbingly boring these days.

I question fans-Teresa Giudice has fans.  I would say the worst franchise is New Jersey.  Talk about a lot of no talent nobodies who actually make Porsha look somewhat intelligent.  

• Love 6

Porsha, Kim, and the vegan chef cooking with their fake hair hanging all over it was gross. There’s a world of difference between not eating any animal products and living a vegan lifestyle. I have never met a true vegan or vegetarian that wasn’t very trim. Porsha and Kim are posers. ( cooking with those long talons grosses me out- long nails harbor the most disgusting germs). 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

have never met a true vegan or vegetarian that wasn’t very trim

I have known many. A vegan/vegetarian lifestyle is not necessairly eating healthy. Does that group overlap? Yes, but you can still be vegan and not eat healthy or in many cases of people I know eat healthy and vegan/vegetarian but are not trim. I was a vegetarian for 20 years and probably 15 lbs overweight,  I lost weight when I started eating meat again.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

I have known many. A vegan/vegetarian lifestyle is not necessairly eating healthy. Does that group overlap? Yes, but you can still be vegan and not eat healthy or in many cases of people I know eat healthy and vegan/vegetarian but are not trim. I was a vegetarian for 20 years and probably 15 lbs overweight,  I lost eeight when I started eating ,eat again.

I knew one seriously overweight vegan who ate all of her vegetables battered and deep fried.

• Love 3

I guess I consider a true vegan/vegetarian lifestyle as clean, healthy eating ( plant based) hence my comment differentiating vegan/vegetarian from someone that just doesn’t eat meat. I’ve seen plenty of people that claim they don’t eat animal products that gorge on junk and are overweight. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

I guess I consider a true vegan/vegetarian lifestyle as clean, healthy eating ( plant based) hence my comment differentiating vegan/vegetarian from someone that just doesn’t eat meat. I’ve seen plenty of people that claim they don’t eat animal products that gorge on junk and are overweight. 

But that's not the definition of either term and even for some people who eat clean and have a healthy plant based diet doesn't necessairly mean they are going to be trim. A lot of healthy foods are also high in calories. Vegans and vegetarians come in all sorts of sizes.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3

I've been a vegetarian for decades. The choice was never based on health - it was based on love of animals. In my experience it's only been more recently that people choose vegetarianism for health reasons - say within the past 20 years. And I don't know anyone who does it as a means of controlling weight, although that can be a benefit.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:

I've been a vegetarian for decades. The choice was never based on health - it was based on love of animals. In my experience it's only been more recently that people choose vegetarianism for health reasons - say within the past 20 years. And I don't know anyone who does it as a means of controlling weight, although that can be a benefit.

I will say that cake has no meat in it...I know some heavy vegetarians so just because someone is not eating a hamburger, they are eating somethin'.  If Kim would give up the wine (and the red solo cup), she would drop some lbs.  

• Love 2

Kim is not that big, but her over sized implants, and butt plants make her look very big.  Her waistline for photos is fake because she clearly has a muffin top situation going on.  I googled Kim and her Season 1 photo comes up and then hit her Instagram-unrecognizable.  Between the pathological lying and the body dysmorphia, compulsive gambling she has some serious issues.  I hope by the time the youngest daughter reaches puberty Kim has either run out of money or Kroy is raising her in Montana.  She has actually passed on her obsessions to her two oldest daughters.    

• Love 8

Kim’s a classic addict: clothes, plastic surgery, gambling, alcohol, material things. She alienates everyone except those who live with her or work for her. No contact with either family, hers or Kroy’s.

In this episode and others, it’s evident that she’s all about Kim, nothing else.

• Love 5
On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 11:00 AM, ridethemaverick said:

Kandi may not tolerate false accusations about herself but she sure doesn't mind if they're made about others. She allowed her own mother to accuse her husband's parents of being sex workers on national tv and allowed her kkk and her mother to dog out her husband on national tv.

Wish I could like this a hundred times.  I don't understand how Todd can stand to be around these people, because what they did to Miss Sharon is unforgivable.  May she rest in peace. 

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Wish I could like this a hundred times.  I don't understand how Todd can stand to be around these people, because what they did to Miss Sharon is unforgivable.  May she rest in peace. 

I have a long memory; more and worse things have been said and done, but to keep their "15 min." and the checks flowing, they're willing to compromise themselves! I'm not one to forget something as serious as being accused of pimping people out! As far as I'm concerned Porsha would be on "the outs" permanently; regardless if she believed Phaedra's lies or not! She was vindictive and nasty up until the last; easily saying "toodles to you b!tch" at Kandi! I wouldn't be inviting her to do anything, much less to celebrate a magazine cover that wasn't that hot! For her to feel like a victim is ridiculous as well! She should feel like $#!t and take her punishment with no tears! ;-)

Edited by Fiero425
  • Love 4
On 2/3/2018 at 10:15 AM, cooksdelight said:

Kim’s a classic addict: clothes, plastic surgery, gambling, alcohol, material things. She alienates everyone except those who live with her or work for her. No contact with either family, hers or Kroy’s.

In this episode and others, it’s evident that she’s all about Kim, nothing else.

You nailed it COOKSDELIGHT!

Even Kroy works for her, he is her chauffeur, fast food fetcher, etc...she even "hired" her daughters to be her assistants in Italy. I feel so sorry for her chef, that girl is stuck with no way out, Kim will never allow her to have a life outside of Kim's world.

• Love 3
On 2/3/2018 at 7:24 PM, Adeejay said:

I think Todd loves Kandi and he can't hold Mama Joyce against her.  Kandi tired to right her mom over Miss Sharon and thankfully she was off the show for a bit.  Now that Miss Sharon has passed Todd needs to bond with Kandi and her family.  I must say, I really wanted Miss Sharon to slap Mama Joyce to sleep.  

"Today I lost my partner, my ride or die my best friend!" the grieving son captioned the photograph. "I don't know what to do? I'm lost! My heart hurts so much! She was a fighter, a warrior for her son! It was me and her against the world! She's in a better place!! Mom I love you to death! Rest in peace!" 

Vivacious Miss Sharon was well known to RHOA fans for her unforgettable appearances on her son's show, not least the high-octane arguments she used to have with her daughter-in-law Kandi Burruss' mother Joyce .But while the hilarious blow outs even featured during Tucker and Burruss' wedding spin-off (shown back in June of this year), the strength of Miss Sharon's love for her son was very evident.  Tucker's wife Burruss, took to Instagram herself yesterday to pay tribute to her husband’s late mom. 

"Today has been a tough day. Our family has suffered a terrible loss," she wrote. "Sharon was the best mother in-law! She was fun, energetic, loving, & caring. I loved how she liked to get up & go all the time. She would get you in check one minute & give you a hug the next minute," she continued. "She still had a young spirit. It's unbelievable that she's gone. I'm so sad for @todd167 because they were so close," Burruss added. "He talked to her every morning & all thru out the day, every day. It's hard losing people that you love but when it's out of the blue with no warning it just makes it that much harder. I'm still in shock."

I believe Todd knows that Kandi loved his mother.

• Love 2
On 1/30/2018 at 4:42 PM, WireWrap said:

Adrienne kept her kids off camera, they were not allowed to show them but she/Paul/they did talk about them so I don't know other than it violated their, the twins,  right to privacy. With Kandi, she could have argued that Phaedra/Porsha's claim was a criminal accusation/lie that could affect her businesses that she kept off camera, Kandi doesn't show all of them on camera.

Adrienne and Paul's boys were shown on the show, more than once. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Reality police said:

Adrienne and Paul's boys were shown on the show, more than once. 

Including when Adrienne whaled her kid in the face with a ball. That was hilarious. Not because the poor child was hurt, but because Adrienne has no natural warm or maternal instincts.

• Love 1
On 3/6/2018 at 12:58 PM, WireWrap said:

Their kids were filmed from behind, they didn't show their faces.

In the first season at least their faces were shown because people talked about how unfortunate they looked.

10 hours ago, biakbiak said:

In the first season at least their faces were shown because people talked about how unfortunate they looked.

Which was when/why they made not showing/featuring their kids on camera part of their contract. 

• Love 1
On 1/29/2018 at 10:47 PM, Sheenieb said:

I'm so embarrassed for Cynthia in regards to this Will situation. Cynthia reminded me that you could be a badass in one area of your life and a hot mess in another. This successful, cosmopolitan woman who moved to NY when she was a teenager and navigated the cutthroat world of modeling is completely inept at being straightforward with men in her life. Noelle was more mature about her boyfriend.

Any Insecure watchers here? Cynthia's "I just want to do me" dating phase is reminiscent of Issa's ho phase after her breakup with Lawrence. It was a total disaster because Issa was not about that casual sex life; Cynthia is clearly not cut out for this dating life, either. And that's ok! What she should've done was have a year, or as much time as she wanted, to herself. She just got divorced. There's no need to jump back into things. Especially since she doesn't know what she wants.  

The more Kenya describes her husband the more I have to try to resist the urge to start the countdown clock on her marriage. She isn't doing him any favors mentioning how he's an "alpha" and how he got his own way with the car they bought. Given her abandonment issues, I really hope this isn't a case of "I'm going to let him do whatever because I don't want him to leave." Kenya has a lot to unpack about her life.

I agree that Todd could've left the part out about Kim and Porsha in his speech. I want to say that Porsha was under contract to show up to Kandi's event. If not, I will never understand hanging around someone who (rightfully) doesn't want shit to do with you.