Mister Trouble never hangs around 
When he hears this Mighty sound. 

"Here I come to save the day" 

That means that Gabby D. is on her way. 
Yes sir, when there is a wrong to right 
Gabby D will lead the fight. 
On the sea or on the land, 
She gets the situation well in hand.

Am I a horrible person for hoping Brea would be the corpse at the morgue? And that Gabby would have a mental breakdown and get hauled away to the funny farm, forever? 

How convenient they had an emergency where Cruz's new toy saved the day right after he invented it!

Have we seen Gary Cole on this show before? I guess I could look it up but I'm too lazy and frankly this show isn't worth it. But it seemed strange to me Severide suddenly had this big mentor in his life we've never heard about before, six seasons in.

• Love 12

So Dawson drags both Casey and Brett on her Errand of Lifesaving, breaking so many rules and butting heads with everyone, it's becoming cringeworthy.  I may need a cast for my wrist from the handwaving. 

Cruz and his tool.  Now the squad needs three tools, because both the hammer and the halligan are tied together.  I did like how Boden covered himself in front of Connie.  Brett has engineering skills!  At least they gave one of the other women on the show a chance to be useful outside of SuperGabby's shadow, but how did the welding apparatus suddenly show up?

Too bad for Kidd that her coitus preparedus got interrupted by Severide.  On top of that he throws some shade at Hazmat Zach on the fire call.  At least everyone wore their masks!

• Love 5

Yeah. Cruz and his tool. Because what every department needs is a 20 pound plus breaching tool with limited functionality, while you're kitted up in 50 pounds or more of bunker gear. Ain't much better than a Halligan and axe combo with two skilled FFs wielding them. Put it another way, if it was something truly useful it would have been invented 50 years ago and been on every truck in the country. But I suppose as a plot device it's fine, and it is related to firefighting, so I'm good with suspending my disbelief over that one.

But I do have to wonder who's tool is going to cause the most lasting damage: Cruz's or Severide's.

Gabby, go climb in some industrial machinery and forget to lock out the breaker, 'mkay?

Kidd really cleans up nice. Of course, now there's going to be fireground drama because she ditched her date with HazmatHottie, who'll probably end up in a position to rescue Cruz (or vice versa). And hot as he may be, he's the redshirt on the show. Also wonder what the retiring chief has planned for Severide? Line something juicy up for him, he agrees, Big Call goes down and HazmatHottie comes out boots-up under a sheet, promotion goes away, and Drama ensues?

• Love 2

Blah. What is with Connie being a party pooper?  I don't think we will see that again though. 

I felt bad for Zach that Stella dumped him for Kelly for the night and I guess Zach was not invited. I think something will come up with Zach for some reason. 

What is with Grizz? Seems like he had super high hopes for Kelly and maybe Kelly just realized it. 

It's not fair but I thought maybe Bria killed the girl but thought it was cold for Dawson and Brett to go talk to her brother. Why do I think this will bite Antonio's ass? 

The ending, why do I think this will bite Cruz's friend's ass? 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Mister Trouble never hangs around 
When he hears this Mighty sound. 

"Here I come to save the day" 

That means that Gabby D. is on her way. 
Yes sir, when there is a wrong to right 
Gabby D will lead the fight. 
On the sea or on the land, 
She gets the situation well in hand.

Am I a horrible person for hoping Brea would be the corpse at the morgue? And that Gabby would have a mental breakdown and get hauled away to the funny farm, forever? 

How convenient they had an emergency where Cruz's new toy saved the day right after he invented it!

Have we seen Gary Cole on this show before? I guess I could look it up but I'm too lazy and frankly this show isn't worth it. But it seemed strange to me Severide suddenly had this big mentor in his life we've never heard about before, six seasons in.

Regarding dawson, no you're not horrible, just thinking the same as zillions of the rest of us out here - that we wish she would be written out of the show.  l don't care how much the showrunners and rest of the show characters may worship her, l find her obnoxious, rude. self-centred, whiney and narcissistic. Don't know how or why anyone would worship that character.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Waterston Fan said:

Blah. What is with Connie being a party pooper?  I don't think we will see that again though. 

I felt bad for Zach that Stella dumped him for Kelly for the night and I guess Zach was not invited. I think something will come up with Zach for some reason. 

What is with Grizz? Seems like he had super high hopes for Kelly and maybe Kelly just realized it. 

It's not fair but I thought maybe Bria killed the girl but thought it was cold for Dawson and Brett to go talk to her brother. Why do I think this will bite Antonio's ass? 

The ending, why do I think this will bite Cruz's friend's ass? 

But there are never consequences on the show for anyone, so I can't say I agree with you, sorry.  If only there were!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, NJRadioGuy said:

Big Call goes down and HazmatHottie comes out boots-up under a sheet, promotion goes away, and Drama ensues?

Warning!  Warning!  Warning!  Boden's job in peril again!  Maybe HH was wearing a pair of Boden's Harbor Freight firefighting gloves and the story will start to come out.

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, preeya said:

I'm wishing that Bria is setting up a big con and one day when Sherlock Dawson returns from work the entire contents of her apartment is gone.

Oh, I'm betting money on that big time. She and her shelter buddies clean out Casa Casey. Casey then pulls the plug on her shit and tosses her to the curb (literally) while running lights-and-sirens. A man can hope, eh?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Dowel Jones said:

Warning!  Warning!  Warning!  Boden's job in peril again!  Maybe HH was wearing a pair of Boden's Harbor Freight firefighting gloves and the story will start to come out.

I think we all are waiting for that unless somehow the department gets in contact with the company and turns them down and the brother is mad. 

1 hour ago, preeya said:

I'm wishing that Bria is setting up a big con and one day when Sherlock Dawson returns from work the entire contents of her apartment is gone.

I admit, I hadn't thought of that but that would be crazy and interesting. A HA HA moment with Nelson Muntz from The Simpsons saying and pointing the finger at her. 

• Love 1

That poor guy Aaron tried to open up about his dead girlfriend to Gabby and she wanted no part of it. He would have had a better chance of getting sympathy from a spoon than any from her. 

Good job from the Safe Harbor lady to not bow down to Gabby's pressure!

Are we going to see Gabby and Severide fight over who is the bigger Bria supporter?

It was weird hearing Otis give Cruz advice about not pursuing Sylvie. 

When Sylvie looked at Cruz and said "you coming" ... the look on his face was he already did.

How many career advancements can Severide turn down? 

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 4

For the life of me I cannot understand how people think being rude, obnoxious, overbearing and condescending is attractive or aspirational? I wanted garbage disposal lady to backhand her across the face with her scratched diamond.

7 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Probably not....but then again it seems to be a Chicago trait...a bit like Ruzek's sister showing up 5 seasons in on PD & we are supposed to care. At least they put slightly more effort in to fleshing out the backstory on this one.

Edited by Guildford
didn't make sense
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, iMonrey said:

You know, if this show is so convinced Gabby is this popular, why not spin her off onto her own show? Probably they think Chicago Fire would suffer because nobody would watch it without her. 

There is dawson overload in this show now because the guy who is the main showrunner (Derek Haas) is obsessed with her and has said on more than one occasion that she is his favourite character. l and millions of others have no idea why this but there we are. And his little band of dawson worshippers on twitter have clearly managed to convince him that she is worthy of being worshipped.  They are losing viewers because of her but will obviously never acknowledge that fact. If she left the show, probably more viewers would come back than would leave.  

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, belletane said:

There is dawson overload in this show now because the guy who is the main showrunner (Derek Haas) is obsessed with her and has said on more than one occasion that she is his favourite character. l and millions of others have no idea why this but there we are. And his little band of dawson worshippers on twitter have clearly managed to convince him that she is worthy of being worshipped.  They are losing viewers because of her but will obviously never acknowledge that fact. If she left the show, probably more viewers would come back than would leave.  

If true, Derek Haas is a moron. The Gabby Dawson character is one of the worst ever. She brings nothing to the show.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, preeya said:

Did anyone else think that Bria was crushing on Severide?

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, preeya said:

If true, Derek Haas is a moron. The Gabby Dawson character is one of the worst ever. She brings nothing to the show.

Very true. She brings nothing to this show whatsoever. And yes, he has been quoted on twitter saying that she is his favourite character, and that is so plain to see on screen as well. Sadly l feel we will be in for more of the same. Such a shame to see what could have been a fabulous show reduced to the rubbish they write now. And what's more people are starting to hate my beloved Casey as well because of dawson. l know it is only a tv show but mega frustrating nonetheless to see it spoiled by lazy writing and dawson overload. 

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, belletane said:

Such a shame to see what could have been a fabulous show reduced to the rubbish they write now.

Hey, could be worse. Could be the dumpster fire (department) that is 9-1-1.

I'm just waiting for Station 19 (aka Blaze Anatomy) to start up in March. One more FD show to snark on.

• Love 1

My worst nightmare is that over on the next episode of  This Is Us, Jack will be caught upstairs by the fire downstairs, but suddenly a very young Gabby Dawson shows up and pulls him out of the house, much to the consternation of the real firefighers.  Unfortunately, he dies later, but she sees her career in the future.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Dowel Jones said:

My worst nightmare is that over on the next episode of  This Is Us, Jack will be caught upstairs by the fire downstairs, but suddenly a very young Gabby Dawson shows up and pulls him out of the house, much to the consternation of the real firefighers.  Unfortunately, he dies later, but she sees her career in the future.

No, no, no no, no, no, NO.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, MaryHedwig said:

Wouldn't be Surpised. Thank God she's younger or he would fuck her like he has almost every woman he s come across except for Gabby, Slyive, Bodens Receptionst and his wife(names are escaping me), Trudy and Hermanns wife oh and that girl that Otis is seeing 

Edited by jay741982
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, jay741982 said:

Wouldn't be Surpised. 

2 hours ago, belletane said:

Oh god that explains the overload of Gabby UGH. 

• Love 1

@MaryHedwigI think it's sweet Bria is crushing on Severide, isn't most of the female population? I do wish though they would give him a stable romance, he's turned into this manwhore, and personally I think it's a waste, he's a darn good actor and this show is wasting his talents, having him hook up with anything that wears a skirt....

Can't help but feel that Gaby is heading for a major breakdown, I only hope she doesn't take Casey down with her.

Hazmat guy, feel sorry for him because he's just a one night stand. Everybody knows she after Severide and is using Zach to make Severide jealous.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Guildford said:

For the life of me I cannot understand how people think being rude, obnoxious, overbearing and condescending is attractive or aspirational? I wanted garbage disposal lady to backhand her across the face with her scratched diamond.

It took me a minute to realize you meant the rich, entitled, rude, obnoxious, overbearing and condescending victim should smack the rude, obnoxious, overbearing and condescending Gabby Dawson.  That would have meant nothing, because it would have been more of that "victim's" horribleness, with no relation to Saint Gabby or her behavior.

• Love 2

I found this episode really boring and predictable. So much so, that even when my brother came to talk to me and interrupted my viewing, I didn't even bother to rewind my DVR to see what conversation I had missed. I hope this show improves.

• Love 1
On 27/01/2018 at 3:56 PM, jewel21 said:

I found this episode really boring and predictable. So much so, that even when my brother came to talk to me and interrupted my viewing, I didn't even bother to rewind my DVR to see what conversation I had missed. I hope this show improves.

So do a lot of us! That's why so much dawson bashing is happening because she is one of the major roots of the problems that are tanking this show. NBC and the showrunners have thrown CF under the bus and we need to let them know about it! Otherwise this will be the last season they get.

• Love 2
On 27/01/2018 at 2:40 PM, Lyanna19 said:

@MaryHedwigI think it's sweet Bria is crushing on Severide, isn't most of the female population? I do wish though they would give him a stable romance, he's turned into this manwhore, and personally I think it's a waste, he's a darn good actor and this show is wasting his talents, having him hook up with anything that wears a skirt....

Can't help but feel that Gaby is heading for a major breakdown, I only hope she doesn't take Casey down with her.

Hazmat guy, feel sorry for him because he's just a one night stand. Everybody knows she after Severide and is using Zach to make Severide jealous.

Chicago Fire has some damn good actors but it has just become a rather boring show now with lazy, repetitive writing and it sure is wasting the amazing acting abilities of its two great lead stars...Jesse Spencer and Taylor Kinney.  Far too much dawson and Casey is now just her doorMatt, and Severide seems to have become a one-dimensional manwhore. The two lead actors are capable of SO much more and are both being wasted now on this show! Wish dawson would just disappear and leave Casey alone. Or that they could finally make him see how horrendous she is and kick her out! Either way would be fine. 

Edited by belletane
  • Love 5

I had hopes last week, when Brett and  Stella bonded, that some comment would be made to indicate that Dawson just sucks the air out of her nearby atmosphere. No follow up.

I hate the way the rest of the cast has to realize that Dawson was right all along, and ultimately wind up apologizing for not realizing it earlier.

• Love 4

I thought this show was about a firehouse, it’s firefighters/paramedics, and the trials and tribulations of their job with some personal drama thrown in but all I’m seeing of late is one confused paramedic running all over Chicago picking up one self serving crusade after another. 3.5 episodes of this Bria thing is the straw that has broken the proverbial camels back. I still love PD and Med but I think Fire has officially lost me. 

This is the worst time for this show to be slipping the way it is. When Shonda Rhimes/ABC announced their firefighter spinoff I scoffed at it believing it was DOA and knowing there’s no way it could be better than my beloved CFire. Even Derek Haas threw a little shade at it. Right now it wouldn’t take much to surpass CFire and the little I’ve seen of it has me very intrigued.

Edited by doLLish
  • Love 6

Problem is that CF is an old show now, with a dwindling audience (thanks, Gabby), so to keep it on the air they've got to slash and burn the budget to give more to shows that garner better ratings. they're probably saving up for one big VFX-heavy fire incident or collapse in the midseason finale that will set the stage for the third half of the season's main stories.

Just wait 'til the actors' contracts are up; either the cast turns over or the show goes away, unless they can start pulling 1.5+ in target demos again, which they haven't done for a long time. The show's lost over a quarter of its audience from last year: https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/chicago-fire-season-six-ratings/

• Love 4

Didn't Matt use to have a mom and sister and friends and plots not related to Gabby?  And how many times is Severide going to have a father/mentor figure come in and tell him he's wasting his life just being a squad lieutenant and he needs to live up to his family legacy and make something of himself?  

Yeah, the Cruz plot was silly but it felt like something from first season with Mouch and Hermann trying to take credit and it actually being related to firefighting.

At this point I can see the show limping along for another season or two just so NBC can keep the whole One Chicago thing, but it definitely feels like it's on its last legs.

• Love 7
On 1/26/2018 at 10:26 PM, MaryHedwig said:

The only thing missing was a sign around her neck. She's crushing HARD, and I hope this doesn't become a "improper contact" storyline.

• Love 1
On 1/29/2018 at 12:44 AM, doLLish said:

I thought this show was about a firehouse, it’s firefighters/paramedics, and the trials and tribulations of their job with some personal drama thrown in but all I’m seeing of late is one confused paramedic running all over Chicago picking up one self serving crusade after another. 3.5 episodes of this Bria thing is the straw that has broken the proverbial camels back. I still love PD and Med but I think Fire has officially lost me. 

This is the worst time for this show to be slipping the way it is. When Shonda Rhimes/ABC announced their firefighter spinoff I scoffed at it believing it was DOA and knowing there’s no way it could be better than my beloved CFire. Even Derek Haas threw a little shade at it. Right now it wouldn’t take much to surpass CFire and the little I’ve seen of it has me very intrigued.

That's what made this show so good in the first season and half.  The show had an ensemble cast where EVERYBODY got decent storylines and not one character dominated everything. Now, it's Gabby this and Gabby that. And Matt is just a plain pushover for her. Any power he had went away when he married her. She gets what she wants when she wants, and he's always bending over backwards to make sure she gets it. Gabby tells Matt, not asks, that Bria should stay with us tonight. Gabby has Matt rotate Kidd to cover on the ambulance all so she can go to Joliet to try to find Bria. Never mind the Truck will be down a firefighter. Her character is just so damn suffocating and she's sucking the life right out of the show. None of the other Chicago shows have a single character dominating all the storylines. Only Fire.

• Love 8
10 hours ago, WinJet0819 said:

That's what made this show so good in the first season and half.  The show had an ensemble cast where EVERYBODY got decent storylines and not one character dominated everything. Now, it's Gabby this and Gabby that. And Matt is just a plain pushover for her. Any power he had went away when he married her. She gets what she wants when she wants, and he's always bending over backwards to make sure she gets it. Gabby tells Matt, not asks, that Bria should stay with us tonight. Gabby has Matt rotate Kidd to cover on the ambulance all so she can go to Joliet to try to find Bria. Never mind the Truck will be down a firefighter. Her character is just so damn suffocating and she's sucking the life right out of the show. None of the other Chicago shows have a single character dominating all the storylines. Only Fire.

Winjet you are just so spot on with this. We've been saying this since about mid season 3. Casey lost his balls completely and now he has become scabby's lapdog/yes man. Its so sickening to see this show go the way they have sent it and you are right that scabby does suck the life out of this show. She adds nothing but annoyance and boredom to it for a lot of us and we want to see them resurrect this show by getting rid of her and lighting a blue touch paper under the very lazy writers and showrunners. They are grinding it into the ground bit by bit and clearly don't take any notice of anyone except the dawson fans on twitter otherwise she would have been gone long ago. People on every social media detest scabby big style so TPTB need to take a look elsewhere other than twitter so they can see what people really think.

Edited by belletane
  • Love 2

This, as others have said, has become so painful to watch.

I mute Gabby, but then I find myself obsessed with her un-furrowable forehead and caterpillar eyebrows.

Casey has become such a doormat.

I find Stella totally unsympathetic.

• Love 1