Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E05: Buddy's Big Secret

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, John M said:

Walking 3 miles is not a skill, it's like base level mobility.

She is panting out of breath walking from her car into a house?

I walk 3 miles to work every day in the Spring. Where's my sticker??

Whitney needs a YEAR to train for a 5k? But she's an athlete! A dancer!

And another choreographed dance where Whitney doesn't move her feet. Oye.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 12

Mother of Mercy - what the heck was all that stuff in the living room? Apparently none of these people has his/her own religious traditions to bring to the blessing. I don't like to talk about people appropriating stuff, but dayum. Way to just take all the meaning away from other people's religions and spiritual symbols and traditions.  I can't even look at the dancing. 

• Love 6

So this woman is a professional doula. Which means that she does this kind of thing all the time (typically with her own clients versus random pregnant women). I can bet my annual salary that she's NEVER seen this kind of dance before. Never. 

• Love 12

Well so far Ashley’s having a baby is all about Whitney. Good job, Whitney.   That was the most kindergarten level dance... oh my God, I am so embarrassed for her.

2 minutes ago, Maggienolia said:

So this woman is a professional doula. Which means that she does this kind of thing all the time (typically with her own clients versus random pregnant women). I can bet my annual salary that she's NEVER seen this kind of dance before. Never. 

Perhaps she will see more dances like that if she starts to do Attention Whore Blessing Ceremonies, too.

• Love 14

TLC is really milking this Buddy storyline, that is really the best they could come up with for this show now, episodes teasing an issue about a guy that barely ever appears on the show anymore.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

She's upset about putting on a American Flag shirt? The country she lives in? The constitution and country I swore to defend? Seriously? 

She was upset about putting any shirt on at all — didn’t matter what kind. Just like she was upset about having to wake up at 10:30 in the morning.

• Love 17
6 minutes ago, Maggienolia said:

I was a doula for several years. I never did ANYTHING like that. She might be a doula but the moon child uterine blessing is not part of that training. And no - that dance is not part of anything related to having a baby. Even for  people who are really ‘moon child’  

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • Love 4

No Whit, you do not have a pig! Your parents have a pig! It's so emblematic of how emotionally stunted Whit is, you are 33 years old, you own your own house, you have your own pets, you don't still share animals with your parents.

• Love 11

Buddy does not have enough money to have a serious coke addiction. There is a lot of rightful paranoia about drugs, especially "scary" ones like cocaine but back in my day I did mounds of cocaine as did most of my friends and it was never a thing, none of us had any negative consequences and we all at some point said this is no longer fun anymore and quit cold turkey. 

• Love 6

Theory: On a recent FB Live when Twit was talking about whatever and Buddy made the comment to the effect that he just came over then corrected it to "came downstairs". Maybe that was because he's living in Charleston and has been since getting out of treatment, BUT because that hasn't been revealed yet, to protect the storyline (such as it is) that's why he had to keep up the pretense of living with Twit. Makes sense.

Edited by Maggienolia
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, MegD said:

I find it really telling that they were very vague with Twit as to where he is. Now part of that may have been to preserve the anonymity of the location, but given how they were looking at one another, I kind of felt like I have seen my clients' families make that same expression as they keep the bad influences away from their family member while they are still new at recovery.

If I had to live with Twit, I might develop a coke problem too.

From the looks on their faces, I expected them to fumble around and then say he was 5 states away and send Twit on a wild goose chase if she went looking for Buddy

• Love 13
38 minutes ago, PityFree said:

Well so far Ashley’s having a baby is all about Whitney. Good job, Whitney.   That was the most kindergarten level dance... oh my God, I am so embarrassed for her.

Perhaps she will see more dances like that if she starts to do Attention Whore Blessing Ceremonies, too.

Bwahahaha!!!!  

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, John M said:

Buddy does not have enough money to have a serious coke addiction. There is a lot of rightful paranoia about drugs, especially "scary" ones like cocaine but back in my day I did mounds of cocaine as did most of my friends and it was never a thing, none of us had any negative consequences and we all at some point said this is no longer fun anymore and quit cold turkey. 

I am so glad you posted this. I was thinking the same exact thing. Like you there were mounds of cocaine in the ol days and nobody ever became addicted. Addicted to other drugs, but not coke.  I also agree as another poster pointed out, he would not be getting fatter, he would of lost weight.     

Since I predicted correctly on last weeks thread, I will say I bet he was/is doing crack instead. Much cheaper, he could afford and it is highly addictive.

• Love 14

I totally love Todd’s continued shade-throwing on Whitney.  

Ashley:  “She can’t just run in and run out.”

Todd:  “She can’t run anywhere.”

Made a big thing about doing a 5k in over an hour and a big ceremony with putting the 5k sticker on her car.  I’m someone of the fluffy persuasion myself (actively working on it),  I’ve done 5Ks, a 10K, and a half-marathon that I was bloody lucky that I didn’t get pulled off the course for.  And I have zero stickers on my car.  No judgement for those of you who do, but personally speaking, a 5K isn’t that special.  

How much did TLC have to bribe Glenn to wear the No BS shirt?

“Do you know how nutrient-rich a placenta is?”

You’re nearly 400 pounds. You don’t look like you give a crap about your macro- or micronutrient intake.  Also, that dialogue about the mucus plug and placenta went on for FAR too long.  

I didn’t recognize Ashley without the face full of makeup or with her hair down. 

Dude. Your concern about Buddy is that he’s off with some girl?  Not that you haven’t seen him for a few days?  THAT’s how you present it.   Not like some jealous ex, or like a flying monkey of another ex.  You’re his roommate/landlord, his car has been there for 5 days, and he’s not answering any form of communication.   It’s simple:  “Hey, have you heard from Buddy?  His car has been at the house, I haven’t heard from him in 5 days, and I’m not trying to be all in his business, but I just want to know he’s okay.”

Aw man...I actually really felt for Whitney and Buddy’s parents when they were talking about Buddy’s drug problem. Many people on the boards kept going on about him looking rough.  I figured that he was just eating like crap like Whitney.  It is tough to hear someone you think you know has a problem like that, as it can be a real gut-punch. I’m glad he’s in treatment, and I hope it takes.  Unfortunately, many do relapse.  I’m glad his parents kinda forced his hand.  The comment his mom relayed about him not having a choice because he would be otherwise homeless is a classic last-ditch manipulation tactic.  And they’re spot-on about him getting treatment further away. He does need to be removed from the familiar environment where he has access to those who will drag him down, at minimum, until he can recognize what triggers him to use and learns good, consistent coping mechanisms, if not permanently. 

Edited by Yajmele
  • Love 21

Soooo Twit is jobless, still in bed at 10am and yawning and complaining as though she got out of bed at 4am? F U. Not to be too judgemental but who gets pregnant on a third date? You are not a Catholic school girl (trust me) there is no need for that.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 8
10 minutes ago, Yajmele said:

Dude. Your concern about Buddy is that he’s off with some girl?  Not that you haven’t seen him for a few days?  THAT’s how you present it.   Not like some jealous ex, or like a flying monkey of another ex.  You’re his roommate/landlord, his car has been there for 5 days, and he’s not answering any form of communication.   It’s simple:  “Hey, have you heard from Buddy?  His car has been at the house, I haven’t heard from him in 5 days, and I’m not trying to be all in his business, but I just want to know he’s okay.”

Aw man...I actually really felt for Whitney and Buddy’s parents when they were talking about Buddy’s drug problem. Many people on the boards kept going on about him looking rough.  I figured that he was just eating like crap like Whitney.  It is tough to hear someone you think you know has a problem like that, as it can be a real gut-punch. I’m glad he’s in treatment, and I hope it takes.  Unfortunately, many do relapse.  I’m glad his parents kinda forced his hand.  The comment his mom relayed about him not having a choice because he would be otherwise homeless is a classic last-ditch manipulation tactic.  And they’re spot-on about him getting treatment further away. He does need to be removed from the familiar environment where he has access to those who will drag him down, at minimum, until he can recognize what triggers him to use and learns good, consistent coping mechanisms, if not permanently. 

Typical Whitney. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MrsClaus said:

Anyone know if Twitney sees the show before it airs?

She claims she doesn't see the shows until they air, and has no say in the storylines. Whether that's true or not, who knows?

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, John M said:

Amen!

of course, true to form, Whitney makes it all about herself and opines "how could I not know what with him in the same house and sleeping all the time".

that's gotta be some shitty coke...or maybe it's something along the lines of an opiod instead?

• Love 7

And Todd "are you not concerned for him?" Ok apparently he is an alarmist?  I have know people with addictions who have hooked up with other addicts, yet Twit is more concerned about his relationship status than him acting out of character and potentially hooking up with a stranger? Really?

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Yajmele said:

Aw man...I actually really felt for Whitney and Buddy’s parents when they were talking about Buddy’s drug problem. Many people on the boards kept going on about him looking rough.  I figured that he was just eating like crap like Whitney.  It is tough to hear someone you think you know has a problem like that, as it can be a real gut-punch. I’m glad he’s in treatment, and I hope it takes.  Unfortunately, many do relapse.  

I seriously doubt Buddy had a coke addiction, I understand most people have limited experience with coke in any context much less a recreational context but when his friend was talking him staying out with coke to party it makes so much more sense. Coke is a powerful stimulant, it absolutely has a euphoric high but what 99% of people use it for is to counteract getting drunk as fuck, staying up until an unreasonable hour and then functioning the next day being hungover and/or still drunk. It's more like using coffee or a energy drink except you have had a completely unreasonable or healthy amount of alcohol.

I seriously doubt Buddy had a coke addiction, it is much more likely Buddy had a serious drinking problem and a problem with being a responsible adult and going to bed at a reasonable hour instead of staying up to god knows what hour of the morning and was using cocaine as a crutch to enable it.

• Love 12
Just now, Cherrio said:

Yep, his behavior was more of an opioid type. 

Indeed...especially with the mumbling and lazy-ass attitude.  I mean I realize obese folks do coke~John Belushi comes to mind~but if they are abusing alcohol, food, opioids and then throw a little coke in there to wake the hell up, (like the aforementioned Belushi) the coke isn't the worst of the problem.

• Love 11

It sounds like Buddy’s family gave him an intervention, in which case I don’t understand his room being clean/empty as usually interventions make you go to rehab right then and there. 

I’m surprised Heather had no clue of any drug problems. 

I don’t know much about coke other than Buddy has not demonstrated behavior of someone using it. I wonder if “coke” is the term his family and friends associate with drugs and use it as a default. 

Buddy looks EXACTLY like his mom. 

Edited by mamey2422
Typos
  • Love 12
39 minutes ago, Cherrio said:

Yep, his behavior was more of an opioid type. 

I would bank on him having gotten involved with multiple substances, starting with alcohol, moving into cocaine, and potentially graduating into harder stuff. The people I’ve known that got into that progressed the same way.  Alcohol was their gateway drug. They tended to stay away/out of contact when they were doing stuff they weren’t supposed to be doing, and tended to resurface either when they were either doing better for a little bit, or when they needed something.

Zach told Whitney that Buddy was keeping in touch with him when he got into coke, and eventually fell off from communicating.  And given Buddy’s guilt trip to his parents on their insistence he go into treatment, he’s probably fallen a long way. 

Edited by Yajmele
  • Love 4
On 1/29/2018 at 7:35 PM, princelina said:

Not sure, but Whit and Todd have "choreographed" a "dance" for it.  Is it wrong that I'm sort of dying to see the dance?

I'm with Babs.  It's a coven.  I thought "new age" was long passe.  How embarrassing to have had to be there.

2 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

She puts a 5k sticker on her car because she finished in an hour?!?!?!

Perhaps she put it there because the car finished the 5k, did you consider that?  Be fair.

• Love 17

I don't even know Buddy, but I knew Buddy had a serious drug/or alcohol problem since last season.  The guy looked like death warmed over; he slept all the time; and talked like he had a mouth full of marbles. She really sucks as a friend, and lacks depth, or true compassion. It has to be about Whitney all the time. 

If I lived with a friend whom I proclaimed to love and care about as much as Twit professes then why did she wait so long to approach family or another close friend of Buddy?

I love, LOVE the little jabs that Todd gets in there. "Whitney might want to keep saging herself a lot longer..."  

The birthing dance was hilarious. 

Papa Bear seems to be giving loads of cash to Princess Twit. Does he not realize that bribes don't work with her? I highly doubt she did many laps at the gym, and I also doubt very strongly that she completed a 5K within the time frame she spoke of without assistance from a golf cart, or motorized scooter. 

Edited by Ravenna
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

She's upset about putting on a American Flag shirt? The country she lives in? The constitution and country I swore to defend? Seriously? 

I have not watched  the show, did she say why she did not want to wear  the  flag  shirt ?  I am uncomfortable  wearing clothing  with the American  flag on it because  people  have died defending  that flag, putting  it in clothing  diminishes  it to me, but I have odd ideas  about things.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I'm sorry an hour and three minutes for a 5 k and she was puking? Nope

OMG lol, Todd and Ashley in the car "she can't run, I bet she is eating pasta salad " they are as over it as we are

I lOVE Todd. 

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I have not watched  the show, did she say why she did not want to wear  the  flag  shirt ?

I don't like flag clothing either, but I thought she was just saying she'd worn it especially for the birth, and then Ashley turned out not to be in labor.
For most people, that would mean she'd have to wash it again to have it ready, but with Whit...

• Love 4