Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E02: All Stars Divas Lip Sync Live

• Start Topic

Milk was really bad as Celine.  There were no mannerisms, just the basic diva singing, nothing unique to Celine.  The outfit was not memorable, the hair was wrong.  Maybe Milk's runway look saved her?  Milk's attitude was stank   No way was she top 3.  She should've been bottom 3.

Kennedy really wasn't great as Janet.  Her runway saved her though.  

Chi Chi just isn't cutting it at all.

Aja and Trixie sold it.  Shangela, Bebe, and Ben were great.  

Thorgy could have done so much more with Stevie.  Thorgy got all in her head that everyone was against her, it was a conspiracy, and she is her worst enemy.  She could have had a bunch of scarves or over dresses, and since the song was we're all born naked and the rest is drag...........take off some clothes or scarves as she spins.  She needed to spin so she was incredibly dizzy, maybe do a pratfall fall or trip on the scarves, something else.  Why didn't she ask for a tambourine as a prop or just get something like that? Keep hitting that damned thing as she gets more and more dizzy... but she played it straight and it was supposed to be a parody.  Parody doesn't mean it has to be mean spirited, but fun.  Trixie didn't have a fantastic part with Dolly, but she made it work.  Hey Thorgy, I bet Bob would have made the Stevie bit work and be funny.  Just sayin'.

Had Thorgy had another part, who's to say she wouldn't have bitched, oh they're setting me up because I had the hardest dance, the hardest lyrics, the most to learn..........

• Love 2

They're told who they are going to play before they get there, that's the sad part. They have to prepare and bring the costume with them. They may not be given the lip sync material or the challenge format, but they do know the character. The surprise the contestants show is a) for the cameras and b) some reaction to what the others are given. She had at least a couple of weeks to figure something out. Perhaps seeing what the others were assigned hauled the bitter conspiracy theorist out of her head, but she has nobody to blame except herself.

• Love 2

Milk's Celine was pretty bad. If she had managed to get a few chest thumps in with all of her flailing about I might give her more of a pass but... yeah... not good. However, I found myself laughing uncontrollably when she pitched her whispered fit on stage for being safe simply because it reminded me of that Friends episode where Joey was up for a Soapy and lost and got all mad about it on camera. I thought it was all PERFORMANCE although to what end remains to be seen. That being said, Aja and Trixie watching her have her meltdown was delightful. "This is a lot of emotion for safe." Here's the thing, I don't buy Milk Thinks She's Better Than Everyone and Is A Bitch because I know too many people who have met her and say she's an absolute doll. I mean, seriously, it just reeks of performance so it feeds the talking heads and blah blah blah. I never expected Milk to win this but I desperately want her to bust out some of her crazy ass bizarro looks before she goes. THAT is what I am into as far as Milk goes... not her basic 'pretty' look. Make it weird, dammit!

Thorgy totally sabotaged herself with Stevie. Constantly with the 'Stevie wouldn't do that... Stevie wouldn't do that...' --honey, you're not ACTUALLY Stevie, okay? You're performing as her. And can I point out that Julie Andrews played a lot of roles that make her seem uptight and all but it's long been known that she has a mouth like a sailor. I freaking love Stevie Nicks, I saw her in concert a few years ago and DAMN... first of all COSTUME CHANGES GALORE and that woman is a storyteller. She is amazing and has that magnificent distinctive voice... but for drag? It doesn't matter if she's NOT a witch, everyone THINKS she's a witch so GO THERE! Also, Thorgy's makeup was too Thorgy.

Shangela's bit as Mariah... well, let's be real, that was the funniest part of the whole thing because it was that infamous New Years Eve performance and how can you not pass that up when writing for it? Shangela did great even if I still have issues with her from Season 3. What? I hold grudges. The bodysuit Shangela wore with the super deep and wide v? Perfection. A well deserved win... as was Bendela's as Julie. 

And with the lip synch, I think Ben may have played that one really smart. She wasn't going to be the bad guy two weeks in a row but is still showing she can bring it. Ben knows her shit. Don't discount those theater bitches.

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, Dandesun said:

It doesn't matter if she's NOT a witch, everyone THINKS she's a witch so GO THERE!

Yasss. Even Stevie herself made fun of the rumor when she appeared in American Horror Story: Coven! I agree that Thorgy's "Stevie wouldn't do this/that" was ridiculous. As Alexis Mateo said, you're "a fucking drag queen!" It is a dragged-out interpretation of Stevie Nicks, not an Accurate Impression Competition!

• Love 5
22 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

Why didn't she ask for a tambourine as a prop or just get something like that? Keep hitting that damned thing as she gets more and more dizzy... but she played it straight and it was supposed to be a parody. 

She DID have a tambourine. This is a testament to how badly she used it!

• Love 7

I personally LOVE BenDeLaCreme and am so thrilled with how well she is doing.  If she wins it all, I'll be so happy.  But Aja??  Wow...way to improve, girl!!  Her look, her looks, her attitude...I kind of love her!

And I have finally forgiven Kennedy for outperforming Katya in the LSFYL of "Roar".  I never thought I would, because Katya is one of my all-time favorite RuPaul girls, but Kennedy is quite sweet.

• Love 2

Oh Thorgy how you disappointed me. I really enjoyed Thorgy the first time, I am always into the more alternative queens  but this time her persecution complex was just too much. Also I have been waiting for someone to do Stevie Nicks since the start of RPDR and I was so excited when Thorgy got to to do her but it was just so meh. Stevie is someone who I adore and someone you could potentially have a lot of fun with especially early-mid 80s coked up Stevie or by playing up the witchy aspects of her persona but Thorgy played it so safe. The material she was given was not great but so much more could have been done even with the limited material. 

• Love 2