Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E05: Fashion's New Superheroes

• Start Topic

I think that Josh made a HUGE mistake in being disrespectful behind Anne's back because he didn't like here comments.  She is a pretty big deal in the fashion world due to being editor-in-chief of Marie Claire.  True, it's not Vogue, but nevertheless they do a lot of editorials, pictorials, etc., and could support Josh.  Plus, in burning that bridge, it also affects others in the industry as who wants to work with a designer who could potentially be hugely disrespectful in a really public forum and way.  He needs to get over his unrealistic specialness and see this show as an opportunity to advance his career.  Instead, he seems to be purposefully limiting his future options.  Sigh. 

I am so over Merline and the redundancy of her designs and poor sewing skills.  However, at least her design looked sleek and modern compared to Amanda's continual 'boho' looks.  Perhaps Merline or Josh will be the next to go...

• Love 1

I think that Josh made a HUGE mistake in being disrespectful behind Anne's back because he didn't like here comments.  She is a pretty big deal in the fashion world due to being editor-in-chief of Marie Claire.

She lost me a few weeks ago when she put Dolce and Gabbana in the same sentence as the Olsen Twins. But your point still stands. I never understood why Zanna Roberts Rossi was a mentor (and I found her uninteresting.) I do think Joanna Coles was great, back in the day.

Oh Helen "I've done this twice and it's not that place for friends"

Girl it's just because no one wants/wanted to be friends with you. Your kinda awful.

Unless it’s some mean girl like Kate or Michelle. She liked them fine when they were all picking on someone together.

I was surprised, I was convinced that the makeup was some bobo brand but I googled it and it’s actually kind of high-end and sold at Bloomingdales.

Yeah I’m with Isaac, I don’t get the bald cap and why was Ken all “some people watching this might not have hair.” Has that ever been a concern at all? Why this week?

• Love 2
5 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I think that Josh made a HUGE mistake in being disrespectful behind Anne's back because he didn't like here comments.  She is a pretty big deal in the fashion world due to being editor-in-chief of Marie Claire.  True, it's not Vogue, but nevertheless they do a lot of editorials, pictorials, etc., and could support Josh.  Plus, in burning that bridge, it also affects others in the industry as who wants to work with a designer who could potentially be hugely disrespectful in a really public forum and way.  He needs to get over his unrealistic specialness and see this show as an opportunity to advance his career.  Instead, he seems to be purposefully limiting his future options.  Sigh. 

"Josh, it's not your job to eliminate yourself from a career... (but feel free to eliminate yourself from this competition!)"

4 hours ago, Mumbles said:

She lost me a few weeks ago when she put Dolce and Gabbana in the same sentence as the Olsen Twins. But your point still stands. I never understood why Zanna Roberts Rossi was a mentor (and I found her uninteresting.) I do think Joanna Coles was great, back in the day.

I think Joanna was the best mentor of any version of this show. Zanna was awful. Tim always has favorites and takes poorly to people NOT treating him like they are lowly students for him to coddle and nurture.

Joanna was insightful, professional, and fair. Please get her back, PR!

• Love 1

I noticed the bald cap on the model.... because it looked so wrinkled and bad!  I don't blame her for looking pissed.  If you want to do a bald look, go ahead, but at least make it look good.

Add me to the list of people who want Merline and Josh gone.  Both of them are getting the same edit they got in their previous seasons..... they send out total shit, yet somehow get kept around for unknown reasons.  Josh with his even-a-stripper-wouldn't-wear-that-trash clothes and Merline with her can't sew, can't really do much at all looks.  I don't understand how either of them have lasted this long and how they lasted so long in their other seasons.  Or how they were invited back at all.

I LOVE Anthony and need an Anthony in my life.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Mumbles said:

Unless it’s some mean girl like Kate or Michelle. She liked them fine when they were all picking on someone together.

Yes, Helen is all for having friends if they're going to kiss her ass, hold her hand while she's struggling with a garment, or bully someone else with her. The way she treated Alexandria back in S12 is why I can never like her...she was writing mean things about her online a whole year after their season ended. She cannot handle criticism at all, but loves talking smack about others. 

I'm disappointed to see Amanda leave, because she has a clear point of view and seems to have developed a decent business for herself following her original PR appearances. If she had won, I think she would have put the prize package to good use. 

5 weeks in and the judges have already eliminated most of the interesting designers. I'm guessing it's Fabio's to lose at this point, but Anthony has had a strong output this far and also seems well-liked by the judges. 

• Love 2

Team Anthony, all the way! Can you imagine him as the mentor? He'd be so much fun!!! Also love Fabio and Stanley, and even Ken who, after an immature, cringe worthy maiden PR voyage, has matured and grown a sense of humor. Josh is trying to get more screen time by starting some drama with his attitude and less than mediocre outfits. Thankfully, no one's taking the bait..

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Token said:

I noticed the bald cap on the model.... because it looked so wrinkled and bad!  I don't blame her for looking pissed.  If you want to do a bald look, go ahead, but at least make it look good.

But, but the hair people on Project Runway are just fabulous along with the make-up people.  

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Mumbles said:

I was surprised, I was convinced that the makeup was some bobo brand but I googled it and it’s actually kind of high-end and sold at Bloomingdales.

It's also sold on Amazon, but it's not cheap. 

On 2/2/2018 at 9:36 AM, dleighg said:

and then her pony tail was sticking out the bottom? How weird.

It worked for Jesse Ventura.

On 2/2/2018 at 12:02 PM, njbchlover said:

I don't understand why Josh is still there.

I think at this point they're just keeping him around for the eyebrows.

• Love 9

whoever made the striped outfit. 

That was Char's. I loved it but I thought it was maybe a little casual for that challenge.

I don't understand why Josh is still there.

Upcoming Frederick's of Hollywood challenge?

• Love 2
On 2/3/2018 at 2:28 PM, slothgirl said:

I think Joanna was the best mentor of any version of this show. Zanna was awful.

Plus a million.  I also liked Joanna the best, but any random person off the street would have been better than Zanna.

Also wanted to say that my favorite moment was when Fabio folded his hands in his lap and deadpanned to the Rodial CEO that he would LOVE to hear her explanation of the meaning and significance of the cosmetic's name.   Too funny.

Edited by ratgirlagogo
  • Love 1

Joanna is so awesome. She changed Cosmopolitan from a magazine best known for stuff like "How to Give a Better Beej" to a magazine that actually has a strong voice and discusses issues affecting women. I hear her once and a while on MSNBC shows talking about women's issues. 

• Love 5
On 2/2/2018 at 4:10 PM, BusyOctober said:

Sigh, Merline makes it to another round. Her designs are not very memorable or exciting or well-tailored.  She is a lovely person, I am sure. But I am really looking forward to NOT having to hear Alyssa overly Frenchify & pronounce “Merline” as “MARE-leeeen”. 

I feel like I’m losing my mind because I swear Merline had a French accent when she was on before. I think Alyssa pronounces her name the way Merline herself pronounces it. 

• Love 1
On 2/5/2018 at 2:49 PM, Mumbles said:

Joanna is so awesome. She changed Cosmopolitan from a magazine best known for stuff like "How to Give a Better Beej" to a magazine that actually has a strong voice and discusses issues affecting women. I hear her once and a while on MSNBC shows talking about women's issues. 

She definitely elevated Cosmo. But, I did learn a thing or two back in the day from those Beej articles.  ;)

I hated Anne and her "Grandma fabric" remarks because she certainly looks old enough to be a grandmother (Loretta Lynn was a grandmother at 28) and just grandma being used as a negative term. The median age in the United States is almost 40 so at least half the population is "older" and I wish designs would reflect this sometimes so Go Fabio!

• Love 2