Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E13: Somewhere Else

4 minutes ago, DrScottie said:

Watch the previous episode "The Burrito" and it will answer all of those questions. 

LOL once I realized what was up I did indeed watch The Burrito ?

So, I just saw on Twitter that The Good Place is in the Parks and Rec universe! Two things leap to mind:

I NEED to know where the parks crew ended up. 

I want the emissary of the real Good Place to be Lil Sebastian. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

So, I just saw on Twitter that The Good Place is in the Parks and Rec universe! Two things leap to mind:

I NEED to know where the parks crew ended up. 

I want the emissary of the real Good Place to be Lil Sebastian. 

Now I’ll always be half expecting Jean-Ralphio to come dancing through every scene set in the Bad Place...

I also saw someone request Chidi’s YouTube lecture to actually be shot and uploaded on the show’s Facebook page. I’d watch the fork out of that. 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, CalamityBoPeep said:

My pet theory is that Janet is a God, and she's getting more and more powerful in her ability to create. She can create entire worlds, now even with simulations of people (like Derek) to populate them. As the judge's and Michael's plans began to formulate, (while the Cockroaches were off to the side, wondering what was going on), Janet moved over to Michael, which indicated to me her readiness to put the new plan into motion. The moment the idea is visualized, the new reality exists. Because Janet sees it all, knows it all, and creates it all. After all the reboots, she may no longer even need Michael to state the specifics. It could be that they're so in tune with each other, that the moment he imagines the reality, she is creating it.

So, yeah, I believe this new Earth-realm is a larger, more elaborate, Janet-created simulation, and that she's made the transition from being a Janet to being a God. She is experiencing all realities through her creations, discovering her emotions and senses through her interactions with humans, and is always benevolently loving, to the point where she must allow or force herself to experience being "evil" (Bad Janet), in order to attain the highest Good.

I don't know if that's where they're going with all of this, but I enjoyed your take on it, Calamitybopeep.

8 hours ago, ByTor said:

I read this quickly and thought it said "entomology" LOL.  I thought maybe there were some moderator-deleted comments about cockroaches :)

I got a chuckle out of that, thank you.  :)

• Love 3
On 2/2/2018 at 3:52 PM, Mabinogia said:

I think Tahani's love story is learning to love herself. For all her "I'm so great and wonderful" talk, I don't think she truly loves herself because she's spent her whole life seeing herself through her terrible parents eyes. Before she gets a proper love interest she needs to learn who Tahani really is. I do feel bad because Jason has Janet and Chidi and Eleanor have each other. Maybe she'll end up with Michael. lol Hell, even MIndy now has Derek.

The greatest love of all is learning to love yourself. She needs to no longer walk in anyone's shadow particularly Kamilah's. 
You think Tahani ever met Whitney Houston? Who am I kidding of course she did. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, DrScottie said:

The greatest love of all is learning to love yourself. She needs to no longer walk in anyone's shadow particularly Kamilah's. 
You think Tahani ever met Whitney Houston? Who am I kidding of course she did. 

I'm pretty sure Tahani was the fourth flower girl at Whitney's wedding. The first, of course, was Kamiliah. :) 

• Love 7
On 2/3/2018 at 3:24 PM, BobH said:

cb.jpg

I loved this episode, loved this season and how smart and brave and creative it was, and am so happy this show exists (and that it's coming back).

Also, the realization that The Good Place exists in the Parks & Rec universe literally made me squeal out loud... (CELEBRITY BABY! The JEAN-RALPHIO ad!!)

• Love 3
On 2/1/2018 at 9:02 PM, Roaster said:

Didn't realize how far behind I was - just caught up and SUPER disappointed to find out this was the season finale.

I had to look it up  Sting's Desert Rose' -   people believe it is about Adam's anguish after getting kicked out of Eden, and Eve is referred to as the Desert Rose.

I'm pleasantly surprised it is coming back for a third season.  I was afraid it was going to be a one season show.  Today is the first time I came in here to see if anyone else was watching it, shocked to see 5 pages.   It's such a smart funny show that doesn't have to spoon feed you the funny with laugh tracks.

• Love 2
On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 7:28 PM, paramitch said:

I loved this episode, loved this season and how smart and brave and creative it was, and am so happy this show exists (and that it's coming back).

Also, the realization that The Good Place exists in the Parks & Rec universe literally made me squeal out loud... (CELEBRITY BABY! The JEAN-RALPHIO ad!!)

I was too busy noticing that they were watching Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.  I was disappointed in myself for knowing that. 

• Love 1

I just finished binge-watching both seasons, and I'm pretty sure having to wait months for new episodes is my version of The Bad Place.

Although I don't mind shows that end seasons with cliffhangers, I do like that this episode really didn't. With most shows it probably would've ended with Eleanor waking up on Earth and leaving us to wonder what would happen, so I liked that we got to spend time seeing how she was impacted by her near death experience (though I agree with others that this is likely not real Earth, but a simulation). I was sad to see her backsliding after she was doing so well, but I loved Michael's pep talk to her in the bar. I noticed that when Eleanor decided to learn about ethics, one of the videos on the side was "Utilitarianism in Five Minutes." The old Eleanor would've taken the easy way out by watching that, but she watches Chidi's three hour lecture instead.

The ending with Eleanor flying to Australia to meet Chidi was a great callback both to Eleanor's note to herself from the S1 finale and to Chidi's belief that regular people meet at ethics conferences. The writers really are on the top of their game on this show.

Other things I loved: Maya Rudolph as the judge, Janet and Jason confessing their love and how Janet is more than just a Janet now, and of course, Chidi kissing Eleanor. Her reaction was adorable and so was Michael's. 

Also, a sure sign that I've become too obsessed with this show: Blake Bortles was trending on Twitter today because of his new contract and I couldn't stop laughing and thinking of how happy Jason would be. 

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, phalange said:

Also, a sure sign that I've become too obsessed with this show: Blake Bortles was trending on Twitter today because of his new contract and I couldn't stop laughing and thinking of how happy Jason would be. 

You  mean I was not the only doing that???

• Love 6
(edited)

According to a recently released interview with Mike Schur, he wanted to dispel any ambiguity and outright stated that in this episode, they are really back on Earth and alive. It's not a simulation. I will be re-watching with this in mind.

Edited by RainbowBrite
  • Love 4
On 6/13/2018 at 10:02 AM, RainbowBrite said:

According to a recently released interview with Mike Schur, he wanted to dispel any ambiguity and outright stated that in this episode, they are really back on Earth and alive. It's not a simulation.

A link to the article is posted in the media section.

A poetic ending to Season 2 I would say, if not for the fact that Michael and Gen wiped the memories of Eleanor, Chidi, Tahani and Jason AGAIN.  At least this time, it was because Michael wanted to help them so they could get to The Good Place. Whatever improvements they make now, will probably stick (no need for resets anymore hopefully).

Can't wait until Season 3 starts and we can also see how Chidi, Tahani and Jason are doing now that they are back on Earth. We only had enough time left in this episode to cover Eleanor.

I'm still not feeling Chidi/Eleanor. That kiss was not a moment for me. And I'm usually happy to get on board a show-sanctioned ship. Part of it is that even though they're the same age, I've been feeling more and more in recent episodes that she looks older than him because he has such a baby face... at least in this role. And the rest is that yeah, I just still get so much more of a friend vibe in spite of what the show is telling us. To me there's no on screen chemistry. And I'd prefer for them to help each other for non-romantic reasons. And I hate the idea that part of why Eleanor is improving as a person is because she's attracted to Chidi and that's why she has been paying attention to his lessons. It's one thing for a selfish person to learn to care about others. It's another to be motivated by romantic interest. It feels so much more shallow.

Oh, the actual test is a do-over of their human lives? Is this going to be season 3? I was surprised that the near death experience was enough to spur Eleanor's self-improvement for 6 months but glad that she backslid. That would have been too easy. I'm sure Michael's intervention is going to count against them. 

• Love 1

Yay! Chidi finally made a decision! Hot Diggedy Dog!

"Somewhere between a month and a million years" Well, that narrows it down...

Wow - Eleanor listened to Chidi. I presume it was Jason that torched the place. Didn't notice any references to Tahani, but I guess they were there somewhere.

Liked that back on Earth, they can actually swear (though it was fairly mild).

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 5:55 AM, Traveller519 said:

During one of her later "wake ups" Eleanor has a slice of pizza primed in a toaster within reach of her bed. I can't even be horrified, that's amazing!

I loved that!

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 6:23 PM, DrSpaceman73 said:

one direction the show could go, assuming they do get into The Good place, and without prolonging it too long, is Chidi/Eleanor become a sort of mentor for other lost souls in the afterlife,

So becoming Gene Hunt (spoilers for Life on Mars/Ashes to Ashes)?

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 2:37 AM, Rumsy4 said:

it would've been nice to see what Jason and Tahini were up to as well, but I didn't mind that they left it to be told in Season 3.

I wondered if we might get a magazine headline saying, "Waitress ruins Kamilah's party".

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 5:38 PM, CherithCutestory said:

I don't think Chidi is some who will always help.

I think he would, if asked. He hates to disappoint people, or he would have told his friend he disliked his red boots.