Type keyword(s) to search

The Joel McHale Show With Joel McHale - General Discussion

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Paul Feig has executive produced several projects such as well known shows/movies like The Office, Nurse Jackie, and Ghostbusters. The title can mean different things depending on the project. Before he was a director and producer, he was an actor and he also did stand up so I think that he likes championing/supporting shows that he believes in. Not every project becomes successful though (do you remember some of the other shows he produced like Ronna & Beverly?)

My husband LOVED Ronna & Beverly. We even went to one of their live shows. So for his sake, I'm sad that they didn't succeed.

Paul Feig face-down in One Piece Man's butt was hilarious. I love that he's made cameos on all the episodes and that he's game for anything.

Donna Dorable must be thrilled with the exposure. (Any publicity is good publicity, after all.) I'm sure that if Joel is in NY or Donna is in LA, there'll be some kind of crossover.

• Love 3

I had no idea that Quacker Factory had survived the passing of its founder.  I really didn't realize how much I had missed the home shopping clips.

Those Japanese clips were...disturbing.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, starri said:

Those Japanese clips were...disturbing.

I am just trying to figure out how they rigged up a building with a fake elevator like that, since the person's whole body went in the opening. It was hilarous though. The whole episode was pretty awesome, especially the woman say she was going to spread her legs, that was hilarious. Although still nothing beats the "do we though" kid from a few weeks ago.

• Love 1
On 3/12/2018 at 5:41 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

et's be real - it's going to take a lot to top that kid!

was that the kid who didn't want to meet his step father from prison?

I knew it was going to be Quacker Factory. After she died, I thought a daughter took over. JFC who wears that crap? 

I was dying at the YouTube clips of the girls with their boyfriends, and then "we broke up".

The one that said "he dumped me, now who is going to film my music videos". I was howling. 

What exactly was chopping everyone in half on that one show? 

Those people are sick!  I knew Japanese game shows were fucked up but good lord. Why didn't we see the women after they had the holy shit scared out of them? 

On 3/5/2018 at 3:14 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Paul Feig has executive produced several projects such as well known shows/movies like The Office, Nurse Jackie, and Ghostbusters. The title can mean different things depending on the project. Before he was a director and producer, he was an actor and he also did stand up so I think that he likes championing/supporting shows that he believes in. Not every project becomes successful though (do you remember some of the other shows he produced like Ronna & Beverly?) so you have to diversify. You can't put all your eggs in one basket. As for why he's specifically exec producing this particular show, my guess is that he liked The Soup and wanted to help bring back this version. Hell, I would have signed up to be an executive producer if I thought it would help in any way!

Yeah he seems like a really cool guy.  

• Love 2
On 05/03/2018 at 3:14 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Paul Feig has executive produced several projects such as well known shows/movies like The Office, Nurse Jackie, and Ghostbusters. The title can mean different things depending on the project. Before he was a director and producer, he was an actor and he also did stand up so I think that he likes championing/supporting shows that he believes in. Not every project becomes successful though (do you remember some of the other shows he produced like Ronna & Beverly?) so you have to diversify. You can't put all your eggs in one basket. As for why he's specifically exec producing this particular show, my guess is that he liked The Soup and wanted to help bring back this version. Hell, I would have signed up to be an executive producer if I thought it would help in any way!

Most of his tv work predates his directing of Bridesmaids. He is a big shot movie director now, which is why I am a little surprised he is showing up o  this show. It is kind of cool which is why I am curious how he got involved with it.

• Love 2

Surprisingly what had me laughing the most was the clip of Carson Daly's laugh. 

Loved the clips from Japan. What I was originally perplexed about with the bus scene were all the feathers on the bus. I've never laughed so much at children getting sliced in half. Only this show could get me to find such things hilarious. 

• Love 3
20 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Loved the clips from Japan. What I was originally perplexed about with the bus scene were all the feathers on the bus. I've never laughed so much at children getting sliced in half. Only this show could get me to find such things hilarious. 

Lol. Me too. TherE was zero reaction from any of the girls to the feathers. Is this normal for Japanese school buses??

• Love 3
On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 3:25 PM, teddysmom said:

I was dying at the YouTube clips of the girls with their boyfriends, and then "we broke up".

I was only half paying attention and thought it was all the same girl!

• Love 4

I felt bad for laughing, but the clip of bulging eye man who got murdered by his wife on the show Snapped, cracked me up. Especially when Joel pointed out that his family members thought that would be a good picture of him to show. 

I thought of myself. I literally have no good pictures of myself. I hate taking pictures and really only have goofy, stupid pics. 

• Love 2

I don't watch reality shows and I didn't watch The Soup but I've been watching this show. What can I say, Netflix makes it easy. I love the guest stars, the Eric McCormack skit has been my favorite so far.

On 3/16/2018 at 10:14 PM, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Surprisingly what had me laughing the most was the clip of Carson Daly's laugh. 

I felt the same. I was like what is up with all the feathers and then Boom! decapitated. I was laughing so hard.

• Love 3

So, after seeing that clip of the tattoo show from MTV UK, I'm ready for the giant meteor to come and wipe us out now.  We've had our time.

Seriously, I didn't really find it funny, just sad that apparently we can continue to go lower.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Haha, Pizza Ghost made an appearance again. Can they have "do we though?" kid become a recurring guest?

The pizza ghost and Joel laughing was really funny. I have also noticed ever since that first appearance just how many pizza places have a chef on the box or sign making the OK sign.

I liked that they came up with a new version of the kick ass clip of the week too. And the one they used was awesome.

• Love 2

I'm sorry the posh guy from Made in Chelsea who spoke like Lucius Malfoy on steroids was my favorite bit. That show is scripted right? Right???? And I didn't remember that Timothy Olyphant was in "Go!", I loved that movie. 

• Love 1

I laughed so fucking hard when that lady, on the Argentinian show, was swinging around the vacuum like an asshole and fell on her ass ??. She almost hit a few people while doing that, she got what she deserved. 

The tongue wagging Austrian guys were so odd lol! Each of them had a weird facial expression.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, MathUser said:

This show seems pretty similar to the Soup. I watched two episodes so far.

It basically is The Soup, but for legal reasons I'm sure they couldn't use "The Soup" anywhere in the title.  I prefer this, anyway.  I am sure Joel is more involved in the production, I like the fact that they can use whatever language they want (not that I want every other word to be a swear, but sprinkled in is fine).  I just wish it were longer.  This is a Netflix show.  It can be 45 minutes, at least. There's so much on TV to make fun of.  I'm sure they could come up with content. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Whimsy said:

I just wish it were longer.  This is a Netflix show.  It can be 45 minutes, at least. There's so much on TV to make fun of.  I'm sure they could come up with content. 

I like this length. The first episode was longer and i thought it started to drag a bit. Make it too long and you really need a lot of great clips or it starts to get boring.

• Love 2
On 3/22/2018 at 5:12 PM, Hero said:

I felt bad for laughing, but the clip of bulging eye man who got murdered by his wife on the show Snapped, cracked me up. Especially when Joel pointed out that his family members thought that would be a good picture of him to show. 

I thought of myself. I literally have no good pictures of myself. I hate taking pictures and really only have goofy, stupid pics. 

My god, that picture gave me serious LOLs.  Then I felt a little bad because he was murdered but.... that picture!  those eyes! WHY would they use that picture talking about such a serious topic!? 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Machiabelly said:

Can anyone tell me how to find that Austrian tongue clip

I totally copy and pasted the wrong one!! Sorry about that. This is the correct one.

• Love 1
On 3/22/2018 at 2:12 PM, Hero said:

14 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

My god, that picture gave me serious LOLs.  Then I felt a little bad because he was murdered but.... that picture!  those eyes! WHY would they use that picture talking about such a serious topic!? 

It reminded me of this old Mad TV skit:

• Love 4

The Sri Lanka has talent show clip cracked me up. The way that guy just slowly fell backwards, man that had to hurt.

"Osher is here." I laughed pretty hard at that. I have no idea why. ?

Joel is so handsome. He has a great smile. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Hero said:

The Sri Lanka has talent show clip cracked me up. The way that guy just slowly fell backwards, man that had to hurt.

I feel like I was supposed to feel sorry for him, but I was like dude, the guy cracked himself in the head on purpose!

The closing credits song cracked me up this week.

• Love 2

Pizza Ghost just kills me. "why-a? because its an Italian dish-a?"

I once spoke on the phone with a Harvard Law student named Lasagna. I discussed this at length with my office mates, and we all agreed that I must have mis heard her and that her name was probably Lasonya or something. Then we got a follow up email. Lasagna. WHY?

• Love 7

I cackled so loud with the "That Happened" segment. "That's why things don't change" line plus the moody emo kid was hilarious. 

The end credits song was also so funny. The music and lyrics are so catchy. 

• Love 3