Type keyword(s) to search

S22.E05: Week 5

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

I like this season a lot but this episode was rather dull. As much as I hate Krystal I do like having her around, and I guess the producers feel sort of the same way about her. There are so many sides to her craziness, it´s both frustrating and fun to watch. As I´ve said from the beginning, I hope her brother can remain hidden and "homeless", lol. Growing up with her around must have been unimaginable torment.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, dleighg said:

Has Jenna said anything that I would remember?

In this ep or the one before she said something about 'nervous' being one of her top emotions, which cracked me up and endeared her to me.

4 minutes ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

Jenna has dramatic styled eyebrows; Last Lauren Standing has natural ones.

Last Lauren Standing has me rolling! 

The only reason I know what Lauren looks like is because she looks almost exactly like the Flip or Flop woman.

• Love 3

Awe, Jenna's beautiful, why can't I remember her? I only know she's the one who shook her ass at the bowling alley because you all have said it was her. I remember it being done, just didn't put the name to the booty. 

Last Lauren Standing looks like a bitch in that picture. lol

• Love 2

Yes Jenna is very lovely and to me her behaviour brings to mind the phrase "hooker with the heart of gold". She seems to be hyper which could account for some of her OTT behaviour. Well that and the drinking. But at the same time she seems to be very sweet and well meaning. Not sure if she realizes that her attempts at seducing Arie or being funny are not translating very well on national TV.

Lauren B comes across to me as very generic, boring, slightly dim (what's your favorite color..really?) and interchangeable with hundreds of blondes who have appeared on this show. 

• Love 9
On 1/30/2018 at 2:06 PM, dleighg said:

EVERY SINGLE ONE ON ONE DATE. Ari says "this was so much fun." Date: "Yes, SO much fun."

Titillating conversation.

I know I'm quoting myself, but I think back to my first "long" date with my husband, and we spent all day together, talking, about our histories, families, whatever, and I am absolutely sure neither of us said "this was so much fun." It was freakin' obvious we were both smitten.

• Love 5

It's bad that it's week 5 and I barely recognize some of the women. I don't know who the blondes are aside from Kendall Krystal and Jenna. I know who sienne isrhe Beccas and Chelsea. I didn't even know there was an Ashley! Lauren B is not attractive. Chelsea's story was dumb. She's the total opposite of an independent woman Arie. Kendall is on her 20s and hasn't had a relationship longer than 8 months? She's definitely not ready for marriage. Wow Becca got taken to his room. He seems into her. Arie sure "loves" alot of stuff. I think he said the word love a dozen times. 

2 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

But Ft Lauderdale is such a great city to fall in love in!  

That reminds me, is he the 1st person in Bachelor history to not call a location the perfect place to fall in love?

• Love 1
16 hours ago, kira28 said:

Kendall is on her 20s and hasn't had a relationship longer than 8 months? She's definitely not ready for marriage. 

Honestly, it kind of depends on the circumstances surrounding her past relationships.  If she realized that these men weren't right for her and dumped them, then that's a good thing.  I've had friends whom stayed in bad relationships for years just because they were scared of being alone.  These are the types of people who shouldn't marry until they mature; getting married or staying in a relationship only because you are scared of being alone is a recipe for disaster.  Knowing when to leave a relationship is a good skill to have.

Interestingly, I have one friend whose longest relationship before marriage was 3 months.  Then she met her husband and everything seemed to click.  They have now been married for 12 years.  Sometimes it is just a matter of finding the right person and not settling for less. 

Of course, if is entirely possible that Kendall had her exes running for the hills because they were scared she was going to devour their flesh. 

• Love 8

Finally had a chance to get caught up.

Krystal: Good grief. OK, on one hand, I'm all for sulking hissy fits, because Wrong Reasons. But I'm a lot less into listening to everyone else go on and on about the offender. Ugh. I agree with whoever said it would have been much better if no one had mentioned that she wasn't there, and see if he even noticed. I can't even imagine Krystal's reaction if he didn't even notice she was gone. That would have been amazing. But yeah, the endless talking about it I could do without. And I sincerely hope that most of it was indeed producer-driven, because if they were actually that focused on her of their own volition, then I'd have to agree with her own observation that that's pretty pathetic. And I don't care at all for being forced to agree with Krystal.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, kingshearte said:

And I sincerely hope that most of it was indeed producer-driven, because if they were actually that focused on her of their own volition, then I'd have to agree with her own observation that that's pretty pathetic.

I feel like it has to be producer driven because it happens every forking season. There is always one girl every year that is the center of attention and all the others fixate on and talk about her incessantly. Krystal is this years Corrine. IDK why production decides to do this because it makes the villain too much a focus so that we get tired of her and makes all the others look like idiots for talking about her all the time. 

They really, really missed an opportunity when they had the girls bring up the fact she wasn't there, because imagine the hilarity if he hadn't noticed. it would have been epic.