Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: Daddy Darhkest

• Start Topic

You can always tell an evil doctor by the pearls. Poor Nora. 

Watching Sara with the doppelgänger of the guy who used to crush on her and the guy who’s currently crushing on her was fun. Since I can’t have Sara/Snart sexytimes I’m happy to settle for Sara/Constantine sexytimes. Love to see him again. 

Mick watching football the whole time was hilarious. And his determination not to be interrupted made him a decent manager. New role on the team? 

Zari, Ray, and Sara were fantastic with Nora. I’m hoping this plays into their defeat of Mallus and Darhk. 

I hope Amaya can save Kuasa.

• Love 11

I loved this episode. The Leo, John and Sara trio was fun. I hope they can get him back for more episodes. Sara and John having sex was kind of random, but I guess Sara’s attracted to damaged people and Constantine is super damaged. I did like John using Mallus as the code word for sex and Sara’s just like I enjoyed the shag too. I'm going to miss Leo. He was different than the Snart I was used too but he was fun. I hope he'll show up again sometime. 

I really wonder why Mallus wants Sara so badly. But it’s interesting she’s got demon power now. She’ll definitely have the best story out of Oliver and Barry, none of them were possessed by a demon.

Captain Lance saving her team from the Spirit world. I also loved that she could joke about dying. I guess it’s interesting to know what happened to Nora after Oliver killed Darkh and of course she’d go back to her father. I wonder if Nora will remember that Sara helped her. She didn't seem to know her when she sucked the life out of her. It should be interesting that the Legends are forming bonds with the two women on the evil side. That should come in handy. Of course they could also lose Captain Lance to the dark side and that would be bad for everyone. Evil demon Sara could probably take over the world. Maybe that's why Mallus wants her. 

I wonder what the sixth totem is called.

• Love 6

Look show, don't try to convince me of Ava/Sara right after giving me a really sexy Constantine/Sara hookup and reminding me of what could have been with her and Snart. I mean, I have enough Sara Lance ships without the least convincing one showing up.

Nate is so Grandpa, isn't he? Hence, "you need him too."

So the episode takes place in Central City in 2017 and no one's going to mention Barry's arrest, or ask Team Flash for help? I would've liked to see Cisco react to the demons and Constantine, man, it could've been hilarious.

3 minutes ago, TV Anonymous said:

55-yard line, 12 players... yup, that is Canadian Football. Toronto Argonauts and Hamilton Tiger-Cats to be exact. I guess footage from the NFL is too expensive.

This shows how desperate Mick is for live football - he'll go Canadian if he has to.

4 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

What are the original five again?

• Love 9

This episode was ok. I'm sad Leo is leaving. I am not feeling the Sara and Ava connection.

I thought they worked better last episode when they were in the same room interacting but it's hard to establish a connection when characters are just talking at screens and holograms. 

I'm really going to miss Leo. Wentworth Miller is just awesome in the role, I hope he finds time to return again. Snart just brings something irreplaceable to the show.

Constantine was pretty good.I liked the actor, Not sure he would work as a regular as some are demanding but it would be nice to see him guest star again anyway.

Edited by Oreo2234
  • Love 7

In one episode, Legends allows John Constantine to do all of the things NBC never let him do--smoke on camera, show that he's bisexual, and actually talk about hell and his damned soul. I'll miss Constantine. He's a character that I really like and I love Matt Ryan's portrayal. I wish we could get a longer run with him.

Mick is a really good manager.

20 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

On Vixen, there are 5 totems (earth, air, water, fire, and spirit which is Vixen's totem). Is Zari's the wind totem? Is that separate  from the air totem? Or is there a separate Anansi wind totem?

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 10

Great episode all around, well except for Nora's awful, awful wig.  But I'm just telling myself the asylum didn't have conditioner.  

The episode was genuinely creepy at times, made me sympathetic to both Nora and the previously assumed evil granddaughter, and set up all sorts of storyline stuff for the future all while using all the characters really well and giving us a moment to miss firestorm.  

Well done LoT!

Constantine was a great fit for the crew and he and Sara clicked.  Ava is another thing but whatever, I'll worry about her later.  She did make me laugh with the giggle and look.  Still not feeling it though but hey, Sara has to try new things and Constantine made it clear he was going to be helping others a lot so he can't be too tied down. 

Really missed this show.  So happy to have it back.  

• Love 14

Oh my God I missed this show so much! So much gets packed into one episode, but it didn't feel clogged, or bogged down with plot.

I loved the Leo/Constantine/Sara trio, and the Sara/John hook up was quick, but I can certainly see it. Also, they would both like to establish that this was a mutual seduction damn it! I also loved Constantine's whole intro to the team. "Yeah she has the totem of that woman you know, but this is her grandma from the 40s. And this guy is from an alternate universe.", and how John just went with it. And thank God he finally got that light! I hope he and Leo can come back again at some point, they seem to be open to it. Constantine wouldn't work as a long term cast member, but he fits into the snarky craziness of the Waverider crew really well. 

I continue to enjoy the Zari/Ray team ups, and them hanging out at Jitters with Nora Darhk was so weirdly hilarious and adorable. You can see how, despite their different personalities, how they also have a lot in common, especially in how they are both very empathetic towards other people. That scene also turned super intense super fast. It went from adorable sitcom to an episode of The Exorcist in about three seconds flat. I wonder how Zari and Rays connection to Nora will come into play later, or if it will at all? All the possession scenes were super creepy. 

Mick just wants to watch the game! Its been THREE YEARS people! And that inspires him to become a good manager, who knew? Also loved Nate sitting down to watch the game with Mick for a second, and he hands him a beer as they chat a bit. Also, of course Ray thinks that Constantine is super cool. Think somebody might have a crush...

It would be awesome if Mallus ended up being defeated not just with magic, but with the team connecting with his minions. 

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, Oreo2234 said:

I thought they worked better last episode when they were actually in the same room interacting but it's hard to establish a connection when characters are just talking at screens and holograms. 

I'm really going to miss Leo. Wentworth Miller is just awesome in the role, I hope he finds time to return again. Snart just brings something irreplaceable to the show.

I really felt the moment when Leo and Mick said their final goodbyes.   Actually teared up a tiny bit.  

5 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

In one episode, Legends allows John Constantine to do all of the things NBC never let him do--smoke on camera, show that he's bisexual, and actually talk about hell and his damned soul. I'll miss Constantine. He's a character that I really like and I love Matt Ryan's portrayal. I wish we could get a longer run with him.

On Vixen, there are 5 totems (earth, air, water, fire, and spirit which is Vixen's totem). Is Zari's the wind totem? Or is there a separate Anansi wind totem?

The totems remind me of Fifith Element.  So the sixth is probably love.  

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

Zari, Ray, and Sara were fantastic with Nora.

In the coffee shop, I couldn't help but wonder what happens to Sari and Ray' s powers. Wouldn't telekinesis and/or shrinking/growing have been potentially useful, even if only in defense? Ray should not be trapped by a table when he can shrink or grow (he supposedly had his suit on all the time, right?) and telekinesis would be very useful in defending oneself from flying glass. I know they didn't want to hurt Nora, but Mallus seemed to be breaking her neck on a regular basis and having her smash her head in the table, so she seems pretty impervious when possessed.

I don't understand why they don't use their powers except for budgetary reasons. This is certainly very different from how the same situation would be treated in a comic book and takes me out of the story. 

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
4 minutes ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

In the coffee shop, I couldn't help but wonder what happens to Sari and Ray' s powers. Wouldn't telekinesis and/or shrinking/growing have been potentially useful, even if only in defense? Ray should not be trapped by a table when he can shrink or grow (he supposedly had his suit on all the time, right?) and telekinesis would be very useful in defending oneself from flying glass. I know they didn't want to hurt Nora, but Mallus seemed to be breaking her neck on a regular basis and having her smash her head in the table, so she seems pretty impervious when possessed.

I don't understand why they don't use their powers except for budgetary reasons. This is certainly very different from how the same situation would be treated in a comic book and takes me out of the story. 

Public place, present day, no disguise? I mean, for Ray, at least. It's not Zari's time, so she has less excuse.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, bettername2come said:

So the episode takes place in Central City in 2017 and no one's going to mention Barry's arrest, or ask Team Flash for help? I would've liked to see Cisco react to the demons and Constantine, man, it could've been hilarious.

While Constantine found the Waverider in Central City (where they just dropped off Jax), the asylum was in Star City.    

25 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Heart.  Clearly Mallus can only be defeated by Captain Planet.

• Love 9

Well, we're back to the grind. The team gets a bit of hope, and Damien snatches it away. Amaya comes close to "saving" Kuasa, but she fails. And now Sara is vulnerable to demonic attack. Plus side: she and John got to have unhealthy sex. And Mick finally watched some ((North) American) football!

The funny thing is that there's more fun to be have, even as DC's other hero shows have mostly equal stakes. Those have an air of hopelessness around them . . . especially Arrow, which takes place in the city where joy goes to die. So, of course, that's where Nora wigs out, while Zari forgets to use her totem (to be fair, there was a lot of glass, and the budget probably got directed to Mallusland), and Ray didn't have his tech. Between that, the other shit, and Leo leaving, I am happier watching the series than the rest of the Arrowverse. And that includes Damien Dark, the unflushable turd of the CW.

*sigh* I thought "heart" with the sixth totem. Didn't think of "love," even though I saw The Fifth Element. How many more episodes do we have this season? We'd have to find three more, and deal with Mallus and his minions.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

I think Ray carries his suit but he does not have it on so if he's stuck and can't get to it or is too distracted to get to it, I can buy it (this is Ray after all) and they were going somewhere bright and sunny and boring.  So maybe he didn't' think to even bring it.  I'm not sure how Zari could have blown back the glass without really hurting Nora and maybe she didn't want to risk hurting her.  

Anyway, I was happy with how it played out.  

• Love 4
1 minute ago, BkWurm1 said:

I laughed at how upset Mick got when Leo said he was going to marry Ray.  For a second, Mick seemed possessive, lol.  

So glad I wasn't the only one thinking that! He seemed more angry and jealous than surprised ;) 

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

On Vixen, there are 5 totems (earth, air, water, fire, and spirit which is Vixen's totem). Is Zari's the wind totem? Or is there a separate Anansi wind totem?

Zari has the air totem. It's the sixth one we don't have a name. 

It would be awesome if Mallus ended up being defeated not just with magic, but with the team connecting with his minions.

Stein did call Sara the beating heart of the team. Maybe they will all combine their totems turning Sara into Captain Planet. Lol

Zari doesn't have telekinesis she has air bending powers, I don't really know why she wasn't using her powers. I suppose I can go with they didn't want to risk hurting her. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

*sigh* I thought "heart" with the sixth totem. Didn't think of "love," even though I saw The Fifth Element. How many more episodes do we have this season? We'd have to find three more, and deal with Mallus and his minions.

Could be one in the same.  

Edited by BkWurm1
6 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I'm not sure how Zari could have blown back the glass without really hurting Nora and maybe she didn't want to risk hurting her.  

6 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Zari doesn't have telekinesis she has air bending powers, I don't really know why she wasn't using her powers. I suppose I can go with they didn't want to risk hurting her

Blow the glass up and over her own head. If she's not sure how to do it, she should really be practicing a lot on the Waverider. I'm not sure of the purpose of powers you haven't learned to use.

Can Amaya use the power of an aquatic animal to overcome water-based powers? She should at least try.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Zari has the air totem. It's the sixth one we don't have a name. 

Stein did call Sara the beating heart of the team. Maybe they will all combine their totems turning Sara into Captain Planet. Lol

Zari doesn't have telekinesis she has air bending powers, I don't really know why she wasn't using her powers. I suppose I can go with they didn't want to risk hurting her. 

Now we just need to rewrite the song.  "Captain Sara.  She's a hero.  Gonna take..." And that's where I get confused cause the rest of the song is so ingrained that I can't imagine anything other than lyrics about ending pollution.  And Sara could do that but she's focused elsewhere.

It would be hilarious if they did go Captain Planet-esque and embraced that crazy.  It is their raison d'etre. 

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

So does that make Sara a combination of Captain Planet, and...Ma Ti? 

Damien Darhk: "You'll pay for this Captain Sara"! 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 4

You know, if he ever decides to be done with the whole criminal/arsonist phase of his life, Mick does have what it takes to be a mid-level manager, at least.  He's the delegation part down pact!  Sure, he would also be one of those managers who just hides in his office and watches television, but baby steps!

Great to see John Constantine again.  Whatever flaws the actual show had (even then, it deserved more chances then a lot of NBC's line-up at the time), Matt Ryan was an excellent choice for the role, and I'm glad he is getting more opportunities to shine.  Loved his interactions with everyone, especially Leo and Sara.  That was a great trio to watch.  His hook-up with Sara was pretty spontaneous, but I guess it fits with both of their characters.  In particular, I'm guessing the show wants Sara's eventual pairing with Ava to be something more serious, so they're probably getting the "casual shagging" out of the way until they/she's ready.  But Leo totally earned the "Y'all better not been seducing each other while I was getting ready be lobotomized!"

The actress playing young Nora was pretty good.  Really sold the possessed creepiness part.  Although, I'm wondering how this fits with the timeline of the other shows, because there really needs to be some mention of this on The Flash over Jitters getting fucked over.  Just a line about how Jitter got taken over by a possessed teenager, while Barry was in lock up.  But I'm really liking the Ray/Zari duo.

Curious to see if Amaya will be able to get through to Kuasa or not.

Reason number 113 (give a take a few) why Damien Dahrk is a horrible father: "It's fine, honey!  The demon who totally sounds like Walter from Fringe is totally a nice guy that just wanted to help!  He only possess you because he cares!  Now, come with daddy!  Ignore me using my powers to silence the poor guys that saved you from that asylum!"

Gideon continue to be the best ship with her asking if Sara wanted to have "private" conversation with Ava and giving Constantine shit about smoking.

I knew Leo's stay was temporary, but I will miss him.  While the show has more then proven that they don't need him, I really do love how Wentworth Miller plays off everyone: especially Dominic Purcell and Caity Lotz.

Next week looks wacky like only Legends of Tomorrow can! 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ladylaw99 said:

This episode was ok. I'm sad Leo is leaving. I am not feeling the Sara and Ava connection.

I was happy to see Constantine again, Dark not so much.

I am happy the show is back.

1 hour ago, bettername2come said:

Look show, don't try to convince me of Ava/Sara right after giving me a really sexy Constantine/Sara hookup and reminding me of what could have been with her and Snart. I mean, I have enough Sara Lance ships without the least convincing one showing up.

Nate is so Grandpa, isn't he? Hence, "you need him too."

This shows how desperate Mick is for live football - he'll go Canadian if he has to.

What are the original five again?

I'm not feeling the Sara/Ava thing at all.  I'm still feeling letdown by the build up and then demise of Snart & Sara, they had the perfect chemistry. The producers even teased the Captain Canary fans that their relationship would be rekindled in Season 2 and then nothing.  Sara hasn't even seem fazed or emotional when she saw either version of Snart after his death. That said, Constantine & Sara wasn't a bad sloppy seconds, they are both damaged enough to make it work, even part-time.  It was cool to see Sara, Constantine & Snart (Leo) working together. A threesome would have been better! ;-)

Mick was great as always!

Edited by TheMasterReborn
  • Love 2

The show struggles with intended relationships but it succeeds with flirtations and, as far as Sara's concerned, one-off hookups.  I'd prefer they bring one of Sara's past flirtations/hookups on as a relationship than Ava.  The CW hair, the sudden shyness, the blushing just aren't working for me.  Isn't Ava supposed to be at work all the time?  They don't have a dress code or monitor communications with time travelers?  Not even the Waverider?  Wouldn't Ava's change in look and behavior been noticed by her bosses by now?  I think they're just trying too hard. 

Another thing I enjoyed was Nora and Ray singing to Zari to get her to pick Oklahoma and her annoyance that they didn't just mention it was a state.  This crew needs to play more games.

• Love 5

That young actress playing Nora did a fantastic job.

So that's Constantine, huh? I liked him. Not sure if he'd make a great long-term crew member, but it'd be great if he could be a frequent guest star, like Jonah Hex.

Can anyone else think of a network show where the A-plot belonged to a trio of LGBTQ characters? I can't.

LOVED Captain Mick. I really hope that's a side of him that comes out more often. He needs to grow without changing or compromising too much, and the scary drill-sergeant 2IC whose past exploits everyone speculates about in hushed tones is a type that would suit his character a great deal.

As much as I'd love Mick's reaction to "marry Ray" and Leo's "My Ray, not your Ray" to be anything more than fan service: yeah, it was just fan service. I do think the writers were being cheeky, though. I'm sure they must be aware of the AtomWave ship, even though it's smaller and less vocal than others.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Miss Dee said:

So that's Constantine, huh? I liked him. Not sure if he'd make a great long-term crew member, but it'd be great if he could be a frequent guest star, like Jonah Hex.

You can watch the entirety of his former show for free on CW Seed.

• Love 1

I'm going to miss Leo too. Especially since this means we probably won't be seeing Snart, any Snart, again for a while. If ever, since I seem to recall WM saying he was basically done with the role. That said, I do have one little question. Maybe I've forgotten since the crossover, but HOW is Leo going to get back to his Earth?

I like Constantine. I'm not sure if I'd want to watch a whole show with just him in it though. And in the case of LoT I think he works better as a guest star than he would as a regular. His hookup with Sara was...random, but it fit both characters. And I loved the fact Leo wasn't bothered by them having sex, he was just annoyed by the timing.

It's amazing to me that I can be so entertained by a character like Mick who doesn't even bother to leave the ship or get involved in the mission. DP is so much fun to watch it's almost ridiculous.

No, I'm sure letting a demon possess her won't come back to haunt Sara AT ALL.

If the nurse has been working with DD all along, why was she treating Nora so badly in the asylum?

I must be in the minority. I like Ava and Sara/Ava. I also like the effect Sara is having on Ava (I figured the idea was being around Sara has thawed out her cold heart) and the potential of the two of them together, although they are far enough into the season they might want to hurry. Unless the idea is for Sara and Ava to get together at or near the end of the season and then build up from there?

• Love 7

I’m so glad this show is back! This one had a lot of plot setup going on, what with young Nora’s backstory, Amaya trying to get through to Kuasa and Sara letting herself get possessed (seriously, Sara, WTH?) Hopefully it will all pay off by season’s end.

Loved Zari and Ray’s banter, Mick not being able to tell the difference between Rip and Constantine and then shouting orders at everyone so he could watch the game, and smartass Gideon. Constantine was fun but a little of him will go a long way for me. Leo is even better than Leonard, which I never thought possible, and which makes me very sad he’s gone. I only hope WM changes his mind and decides to come back for another appearance down the line. “I hope no one was seducing anybody while I was getting lobotomized!” HA! My thoughts exactly, Leo.

The actress playing young Nora was very sympathetic. Now I’m hoping the Legends are able to eventually get through to her and free her from Mallus’ nasty influence.

Rip’s on the loose! Woo hoo, I’m always up for an AD appearance.

• Love 4

Since everything I wanted to say has already been said, I'll just add:

- Gideon's cheek throughout the episode was hilarious.

- A Mallus-possessed Sara Lance would not be good news for time and the universe. Let's stop that from happening please.

Ah I missed this show, so glad it's back.

• Love 4

Damn it. I didn’t want to ship anyone on this show because I adore all the relationships and friendly chemistry with the cast, but Ray and Zari are too adorable. 

I miss Jefferson and Stein a lot.

Little Nora was great. Darkh is the worst father ever. I hope he’s dead by the end of this season because I’m tired of him winning.

• Love 3

Nate was useless and overprotectve of Amara as usual 

I've avoided The Exorcist and it's elk in the past so it kind of annoyed me to constantly see disturbing scenes like that but I know im in the minority so :/ ( I also don't like how Zari keeps trying to find loopholes all the time)

Otherwise I liked the bit we got of Constantine.

Edited by Lilacly
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

I really wonder why Mallus wants Sara so badly. But it’s interesting she’s got demon power now. She’ll definitely have the best story out of Oliver and Barry, none of them were possessed by a demon.

I imagine Sara is an easy get for Mallus, either because of resurrection or Lazarus pit or almost dying a million and four times.   My head canon is that he'd be just as interested in Thea if she had any involvement in his current plans, but she isn't. 

Love Leo,  I don't want to lose him,  but I want him to marry Ray,  not our Ray, his Ray,  so I'll accept his departure. 

I'm still trying to get used to Zari, not sure why I'm not warming up to her when I've warmed up to Nate.

Go, boss Mick,  you rule. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lilacly said:

I've avoided The Exorcist and it's elk in the past so it kind of annoyed me to constantly see disturbing scenes like that but I know im in the minority so :/

You may be but I'm there with you.  Well, not annoyed so much as creeped out.  It's a testament to my fondness for this show that I didn't switch off during the first exorcism scene, but I came about as close to it as I ever have with this show.  Really really not my thing. :(  I enjoyed all the typical Legends antics in between the exorcisms and demon possessions, but....*shudder* Not an episode I'm going to be rushing to rewatch.  Bring on next week.  Hurry. Please. :)

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Next week looks wacky like only Legends of Tomorrow can! 

Looks to be a "bottle" episode of sorts(everyone on the Waverider for the entire episode)

Guessing Wally/Kid Flash will join up in the penultimate episode before the season finale

I really loved Leo. I still hope WM will return to this show & Flash.

Constantine was fun. Anyone know the backstory to his damned soul and if that happened on his NBC show?

I loved the set up for Sara & Ava & how Leo noticed something between them and encouraged it. I think Jes and Caity have good chemistry. I liked Sara calling Ava at the end.

I hope that last scene means Rip is returning soon.

I have no idea where they are going with Amaya. Sometimes I think she will change her future, others I think she will depart the team and fulfill her sad fate.

I loved Mick telling the team what to do.

I wonder if Noras soul can be saved. I keep expecting the show to play up something between her and Ray.

The Sara/John hook up was fun. CL has good chemistry with everyone.

• Love 3

Since I can't sleep.....some other random thoughts.

I do hope Amaya can save Kuasa.  Nora was heartbreaking, but I'm not sure she's able to be saved.

Nate once again turns into an idiot regarding anything to do with Amaya.  While freezing Kuasa wasn't a bad tactic, how exactly did he think he was going to help until Leo gave him the cold gun? 

I like the slow bond Ray and Zari are building.  

And WM is leaving again just as I'm remembering why I enjoyed him on the show so much, and how good the Captain Canary chemistry was. :(

As far as Sara and Ava go, I'm not...necessarily....against it, now that she's not snarling insults at Sara and the team. I won't deny the chemistry is there.  But at the same time, it's all just a little too manufactured for me.  Ava's personality 180, and the flirting and such, has been just a little too fast for it to feel genuine, in some ways even more on Sara's part than on Ava's.  By the show timeline, the Beebo episode was literally only a couple of days ago, since this one picked up where that one ended, so this rush to push them into a relationship when the ice has just barely broken feels....contrived. *shrug*. But that's just my opinion.

Did anyone get a screenshot of the card that Constantine showed Sara?  It looked like two canaries, a white one and a black one.  But I wasn't sure I saw it correctly.

Another minority opinion I think - I actually wasn't a big fan of Sara's and Constantine's hookup.     It just... not ever really a fan of hookups while on missions. Enough said.  

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 3

Constantine/Sara was fun, and it was super-obvious from minute one as well.  Constantine needs to at least a recurring character here, make it happen CW.

Gideon ships * Sara/Ava it would seem.

Heatwave makes for a surprisingly decent captain when necessary.

Damian is an even bigger A-hole than I thought.

Edited by Bats27
  • Love 7

Maybe I've forgotten since the crossover, but HOW is Leo going to get back to his Earth?

Cisco can send him back so hopefully he'll pop up on the Flash before he heads off for good.  To be honest it never made sense for him stick around in the first place (the man you love is off fighting Nazis on Earth-X and you're going to hang out on Earth-1?) but he will be missed.

• Love 4

So good having this show back.  It's my favorite of the Arrowverse shows and the best and its not even close.  It's just so much damn fun.

Speaking of which, loved the appearance of Constantine and the trio he made with Sara and Snart.  Great hook-up between Sara and John.  Surprised to see Snart have such a low-key exit.  Mick as always provides the laughs.  Actress playing Nora was terrific.  I liked the Amaya/Kuasa scene a lot.  Nate was annoying.

I guess even with Firestorm gone, they were still limiting their budget with Ray not bringing his suit along.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

Did anyone get a screenshot of the card that Constantine showed Sara?  It looked like two canaries, a white one and a black one.  But I wasn't sure I saw it correctly.

I don't have a screenshot, but yes it was a white canary flying over a black canary, or I guess it could be the shadow of the white canary. Either way I think it was to represent Sara's dark and light side. I hope we see that card in her room at some point just to see that she kept it as a reminder. 

Nate's over protectiveness bro culture is why I can't get behind their relationship. He knows Amaya is strong and powerful woman, maybe trust her once in awhile. He can be by her side and talk to her about it instead of just demanding she listen to him. I'm also thinking we will be losing Amaya this season, she does need to go back to her time at some point and start her family line. I wonder if Nate goes with her because Kuasa never mentioned a grandfather, if he is the grandfather she never met him. 

Horror never really bothered me so I didn't mind the exorcism especially since they just kept it to the contorting body. The actress did well what had to be a really physical role. I'm interested in seeing how and when Sara's being taken over by Mallus will happen. That will be bad for all involved. Of course John really should've have told Mick or Amaya about it, I don't think Ray will be able shoot Sara when he needs too. 

• Love 4

As usual fun episode.  I liked Constantine and his brand of scenery chewing.  I especially liked Mick not being able to tell him and Rip apart. 

Damien's line about family reunions being painful could be the theme of the episode.  Between him and his terrible parentage of Nora contrasted with Amaya trying desperately to reach out to Kuasa.  And yeah, I can't help but wonder if Nate is grandpa considering Amaya's cryptic line about Kuasa needing him.

Yeah, so not here for the Ava/Sara thing.  It feels too.... manufactured. 

Man, Jitters' insurance rates must been through the roof. 

• Love 5

A solid return to the show. I forgot how interesting Constantine is as a character, and I enjoyed seeing him work with the Legends (I guess more Sara and Leo than anyone else). 

I wasn't sure how his stuff would play into the show, but it worked really, really well. I was fascinated with a lot of it. I thought Sara/Constantine's hook-up was at least better inserted than Nate/Amaya's on that one mission! Although they did technically leave Leo hanging while they hooked up. Either way, it did seem to be something that both characters needed, and in their mind, they were still stuck in the past and they didn't know Leo was in danger. 

I thought the Ray/Zari/Nora scenes worked fairly well. It was nice to see Ray and Zari take some charge in trying to save Nora, even if it didn't work.

I have to be honest; I'm not fond of Mick's small moments of being some dumb guy. Him not being able to tell him and Rip apart? I know it was supposed to be funny, but it didn't hit it for me. I think, after three seasons, we can have a smarter Mick, yeah? That being said, I did laugh at him taking charge so he could go back to watching football. That kind of Mick is my favourite. 

Surprisingly, the Amaya/Nate/Kuasa stuff isn't holding my interest. I'm all for more Amaya family history stuff, but I was into the other two plots way more. 

Overall, a good start to the second half of the season, some genuine creepy moments, some general concern for Sara who finally gets something to do, and I'm looking forward to the next episode. 

• Love 5

I don't think Mick liked Rip at all, so I can buy him not paying much attention to what he looked like. 

The Amaya and Kuasa story would be more interesting if Nate stopped ruining it. I get that he's probably the grandfather but since Kuasa doesn't seem to have met him I'd rather see Amaya and her talk without him thinking he needs to save Amaya all the time. 

• Love 3

My only small issue with this episode is that Nora should have recognized the crew during her adult interaction with them. I don't recall even a throwaway line that she's met them before - unless I missed it. But these people trying to help her should have been a memorable point in her life... even if Dahrk 'brainwashed' her and turned her against them, at the very least she could have said, "Guess you guys couldn't save me." or "Nice to see you again." *shrug* Otherwise, fun ride.

• Love 1

They could've erased her memory of them too. I actually think that will be a plot at some point and Darhk's downfall. Nora will start to remember that her father gave her to a demon to use her for his own purpose while the Legends actually cared about helping her. 

• Love 2