Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E11: And the Trial of the One

My post is probably going against the grain but...

Rewatching the pilot I see it's actually Flynn who invited the 3 librarians and the Library only followed his impulse.

Also they run around the world telling left and right not to use magic, not to use artefacts, Jenkinks tells the Librarians not to open the scroll but Cassandra does and they use magic which they know has consequences. So I find them responsible for what happens to Jenkins (even if he did not deserve that). Was it the Library or the Library controlled by the spell? I don't think it matters, they used what they knew was very dangerous magic to sort out an issue when they didn't need to and then start crying wolf as the dangerous spell from the dangerous artefact turns out to be dangerous...

I saw Flynn being captured miles away and yet I didn't think Nicole was behind it.  Hopefully him not quitting will leave him with at least a semblance of memory.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, ganesh said:

Yes, I know how it went. I was hoping in the process that the Library would realize that. 

I'm sure the Library did realize that.  It just didn't matter because the Library was being forced/mind-controlled.

• Love 1
On 1/31/2018 at 8:44 PM, Mysteris said:

Usually the Librarians is fairly goofy fun, but I have to admit, when they go dark, they do go dark.

I'm not entirely sure I follow how Nicole set everything up. Dips a bit into timey-wimey stuff. But her actress absolutely nailed smug condescension and cold triumph in the last ten minutes of the show. That said, the Library was extremely dickish in how it railroaded its' Librarians and then expected them to fall in line after killing Jenkins. I didn't really blame any of them from flipping it the bird and walking away.

Check out the big brain on Eve, tricking the Library like that with the Eye.

I hope they're not setting this up so that Flynn gets to save the day. I mean, I can see where they would, but I like Stone, Ezekiel, and Cassandra better.

The last one finale dipped into timey wimey as well  for me with Eve and Flynn both playing double agent.

On 2/1/2018 at 2:33 PM, Skyfall said:

Or they’re setting up a potential endgame in case TNT cancels it. It’s been a bubble show for a while.

I didn't have qualms with this episode at all because it seems pretty clear to me that the show is on it's way out and is trying to go big. Between the double episodes and the tethering storyline, I don't really see how the show can go further without retreading the same path or why TNT would double episode a show that they want to continue with. 

4 hours ago, jbrecken said:

I would have preferred if they'd brought back the guy who previously played the library in human form instead of making the library possess Jenkins. (he could have still been the hostage)

They'd have to pay that guy again and an independent Jenkins is an extra complication for the story to go where it needs to go.  The way it worked out, we get to see John Larroquette's acting range while avoiding more of the "Why didn't they just (insert "obvious" action here)" or "Could Jenkins have just (insert another "obvious" action here)?"  Plus just the idea that the being which is controlling/inhabiting your friend's body isn't your friend is nicely creepy.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, ChelseaNH said:

We've seen the Library personified, and he was more of a schlub than a smug dick.  Wonder if we'll get Drew Powell back in episode 12.

I forgot all about that. I keep thinking of the library personified as a woman. 

I didn't see the Nicole part coming at all. I really though at the end of the Trial the Library would pick the three. I'm not sure how Nicole arranged everything but maybe its not that hard when you know the future. I was surprised that Flynn didn't run off this time. They had better get Jenkins back!  I maybe wrong but wonder if Jenkins is the one with a plan. I wondered that after he left the paper that they decided to read.    

Edited by andromeda331

I really hope Baird is still being tested and/or hallucinating at the end. Otherwise that would be the most convoluted plan ever to take down the library and makes no sense at all. Nicole could have just used the corner stones to destroy the library, instead she almost died saving it.

Also Jenkins dying better be part of Baird's hallucination-test as well.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, Miles said:

I really hope Baird is still being tested and/or hallucinating at the end. Otherwise that would be the most convoluted plan ever to take down the library and makes no sense at all. Nicole could have just used the corner stones to destroy the library, instead she almost died saving it.

Also Jenkins dying better be part of Baird's hallucination-test as well.

The Dallas approach works for me. 

• Love 2

Not a fan of this dark episode. I watch The Librarians for the fun and the fluff. I had to FF through the nightmare parts; just not into seeing each Librarian face their own demon. I was surprised to see Nicole - even though I was spoiled by seeing her name in the credits. Dumb. 

I can't imagine that Jenkins is actually dead. Perhaps Nicole loses her immortality and it somehow resurrects Jenkins?