Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E08: Best Mates

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Fiero425 said:

I wouldn't doubt in a drunken stupor James allowed Logan to service him, but unfortunately as much as someone says they can stay detach, "they're lying to themselves" more than likely! Logan probably got too attached! I just don't understand all the people in the group so vested in making James out to be Bi when more than likely he isn't? Being permissive a couple times doesn't make a straight person Bi! ;-)

I'm not ready to believe Katie's turned over a whole new leaf! That kind of b!tchiness doesn't disappear overnight! She's playing the game and I agree Sheana needed to be careful with Lala becoming best buds with her! That's what manipulative people do! ;-)

You are correct.  People generally don't change their behavior overnight.  It can take a long time to make a lifestyle change.

Katie does seem to be trying.  And she is going to fail along the way.  

Or the editors love her this year. ...

Schaena isn't trying to improve. This isn't her first freak out over her friend becoming friends with someone she has drama with.

I seem to recall an episode arc with Schaena crying because Stassi was back in the picture and Schaena was so worried she was going to be left out.

I suspect she never liked Katie as much as she liked the idea of bring a bridesmaid. 

2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I think she has turmed over a whole new leaf because I think she is usimg marijuana instead of tequila.

From my own experience?  Yes!  Smoking pot is a much more pleasurable experience for everyone around me vs. Tequila Kathleen......

• Love 14
9 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

I love finding out that Sandoval is like a professional jump-roper. It makes no - yet total - sense

THIS!!  I came here to post something similar.  Love me some Sandoval!

2 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Still not buying into the feminist-icon/semi-reformed yacht prostitute Lala women's empowerment hour

Nope, me neither.

8 hours ago, ticklemepink said:

GO AWAY SCHEANA. 

YES!  She is ridiculous.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

And I also think that little phone call at Brittany's was rehearsed. James probably freaked out on Logan in private - "It was ONE time, Mate! I told you never to tell anyone. Now here's what you're going to do....." - and pathetic, little Logan; who's so in love with James; complied. It just seemed very fake. 

I thought the exact same thing!  

12 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Also, last year Lala was body shaming chicks, now she's suddenly all, "Ra-ra, female empowerment, let's stick together"? Not buying it.

Yep - and Scheana/Sheena/Scheena is commenting on how Katie is the one trying to revamp her image......sounds like someone else might be too.  But I'm with you, I'm not buying it and I think Lala is still the same mean girl, conniving shit that she's always been, she's just hiding it better.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Steph J said:

I'm sure Ariana would have something to say about that.

And don't even TRY to insinuate that Peter takes sketch comedy seriously. 

4 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I think she has turmed over a whole new leaf because I think she is usimg marijuana instead of tequila.

I agree. And I hope she sticks with it. 

• Love 12

Yeah, Lala is claiming that she wants women to support and lift up other women, but just a few weeks earlier, she was trying to upset Katie by announcing that Schwartz was kissing her friend.

They probably did discuss it in advance, but when James was on speaker phone with Logan, I thought it was impressive that neither dog barked.

Whose pile of false eyelashes ever worn would be bigger, Scheana's or Raquel's?

Lala gets p---ed off really easily. But she looked so pretty playing tennis. 

Dear Lala,

You are a natural beauty. You don't need to wear so much makeup. Stop with the Orange Josh from Project Runway eyebrows and white eyeshadow.

I liked the scene with everyone enjoying the smell of freshly baked bread. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, dosodog said:

From my own experience?  Yes!  Smoking pot is a much more pleasurable experience for everyone around me vs. Tequila Kathleen......

I seriously think she should do ads for marijuana! Her behavior since the wedding where she did edibles is a 180, to the point that it makes me want to punch Schwartz in the face. He should maybe give it a go, probably wouldnt get black out and make out with random women on the regular.

• Love 7
58 minutes ago, Portae said:

It's easy to "defend" your wife by hurling superficial insults at the cast member who already seems to be on the outs with the others. 

You know how Schwartz could really show his support for his wife? By not having sex with other women. 

42 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Or, by having sex with his wife.  ;-)

Don't get crazy now!  That's asking a lot.

• Love 3

All the Peter love makes me ill. I used to work in a very hip LA eatery and have served many reality "stars." Peter was, hands down, one of the rudest, worst of the worst I had the pleasure of serving. An absolute douche. Like no eye contact, no "thank you's", act like you're a less-than inconvenient peasant nuisance which is the worst when you know they actually work/have worked in the industry. Just thought I'd put that out there. 

• Love 17
34 minutes ago, PerPlexied said:

All the Peter love makes me ill. I used to work in a very hip LA eatery and have served many reality "stars." Peter was, hands down, one of the rudest, worst of the worst I had the pleasure of serving. An absolute douche. Like no eye contact, no "thank you's", act like you're a less-than inconvenient peasant nuisance which is the worst when you know they actually work/have worked in the industry. Just thought I'd put that out there. 

I totally believe that; he seemed like a douche canoe to me. I figured LVP's insistence of what a "nice guy" he is either one - or a combination of - these reasons:

1. He's really that good of an actor;

2. He's an expert at kissing LVP's ass; or

3. Everybody else in the cast is REALLY that bad in comparison that he comes off looking alright. 

• Love 9
41 minutes ago, PerPlexied said:

never trust a man who wears a scoop neck.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

Peter's definitely the sanest, at least.

The fact that he's only had the GUYS for his birthday up to now shows he has his boots firmly planted in reality-ville.  He wants to have fun on his birthday and with the couples comes the DRAMA.  

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

I totally believe that; he seemed like a douche canoe to me. I figured LVP's insistence of what a "nice guy" he is either one - or a combination of - these reasons:

1. He's really that good of an actor;

2. He's an expert at kissing LVP's ass; or

3. Everybody else in the cast is REALLY that bad in comparison that he comes off looking alright. 

I think it's a whole lot of 2. He seems like the type to kiss a whole lot of ass to the "right" people, but be a smug bastard to the rest. 

• Love 8
46 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

The fact that he's only had the GUYS for his birthday up to now shows he has his boots firmly planted in reality-ville.  He wants to have fun on his birthday and with the couples comes the DRAMA.  

Yeah, because none of these "GUYS" bring the drama.  Ever.

Said no one, ever.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Rosebud1970 said:

Sherrie has had some work done. She looks good. Young-ish, even.

She really looked like a completely different person.  I'm surprised none of Brittany's friends, even the guys who don't seem to have much filter, mentioned her extreme makeover.  You would have thought she would have loved talking about it.  

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Yeah, because none of these "GUYS" bring the drama.  Ever.

Said no one, ever.

They're all equally dramatic. But I think the guys (on this show, not a reflection on life) are loads funnier. 

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

Peter's definitely the sanest, at least.

And I can confirm -- of all the chucklefucks, Pete actually works at SUR, and he seems pretty responsible.  So is he still a chucklefuck?  Oh yeah.

When I went to SUR a few years ago & hung out at the bar with a friend, Pete was there & really doing a lot.  He was working the bar, training a new bartender (so he said), and constantly carrying boxes of stuff in & out.

He also tried to hit on my friend (a very beautiful gal), but did ask first if we were together (a nice thing to do).  My friend was not at all interested in Pete cuz he still had the ponytail, which she said made her nauseous.  Then he tried to work me for any entertainment biz connections he could use.  Typical in LA.  

Mostly, he seemed nice enough.  He talked about "projects" he had that he was trying to get produced.  Honestly, we were bored listening to his babble about his "projects".  He sounded sorta loserish.  That's why he's still a chucklefuck.  I give him credit that he's trying & he's ambitious & he does actually work, but if he had any really decent ideas, he wouldn't be slaving away at SUR, or remain a minimal character on this show -- and probably making way less dough than the other chucklefucks.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 12

I love Billie's "What the f---?" face. 

Me, too. I pictured her having a thought bubble that said "Damn, I didn't realize having a vag entailed all this."

Still not buying into the feminist-icon/semi-reformed yacht prostitute Lala women's empowerment hour.

Yeah, she was way too extra with the "Go Wymyn!" pompom shaking to be believable.

FI Tom, SUR's Renaissance man!

On a shallow note, Arianna's ass was like whoa in that white jumpsuit.

• Love 8

So I've read every comment on every VPR thread except for this one, because I sadly haven't seen it! And I'm sorry if this has been brought up in the past, but realize I might not have paid attention since I had Bravo access since discovering this amazing disaster. But I don't have cable yet in my place. Last week I was able to watch Ep 7 on their site, but this week it's saying I need to log in. Does anyone know if that is temporary and they'll let me watch in a few days? Last week I watched it I think on Wednesday or Thursday.

Thanks in advance! I'm getting the shakes!

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Rosebud1970 said:

Imma leave this here...

Sherrie has had some work done. She looks good. Young-ish, even.

Botox all the way baby.

I think it makes her look scared.  I mean, she is probably always scared, with Jax in the picture, but she looks perpetually afraid with that shitty botox.

1 hour ago, nexxie said:

Could just be weight, hair and makeup - and glam pose!

Sherri now (Twitter):C3JQTVaUcAATDLt?format=jpg and on Kentucky spinoff:

brittany-sheri.jpg

Look at her eyebrows!  That is what is different - and not in a good way.

• Love 6

Oy, those pics of Sherri. I remember when Hef died & the media showed pics of him with bunnies from the '60's & early '70's.  Is this the look Sherri is going for?  Really?

Are pink lips a thing now?  LVP was sporting pink lips & so was Katie.  Now, those 2 are not exactly who I would assume to be on top of any trends but . . .

You know, I never once gave any thought to whether James was straight or gay or bi.  Maybe cuz I just don't care that much about the scrawny babbling twerp.  But when he seemed to be making out with his gay friend last ep, that made me go -- WTF is going on here?  Whatever they have going on doesn't seem one-sided.  

Pssst, James, straight guys don't make out with their gay friends in public -- or at all.  Oh and btw, if Kristen thinks James goes for peen, I believe her.  Maybe she can recognize it cuz she was with someone had the same liking for 7 (or was it 8?) years herself.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 3

I’ve had botox. I’ve got the worst ‘11’ you could imagine. My derm gives me two extra pricks to prevent the arched eyebrow effect. You get what you pay for Sherrie. She does look better IMO. Lighter makeup, cuter hair.

at the diner at the end, she looked great! Her grammar is not good.

Edited by DrSparkles
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, nexxie said:

Could just be weight, hair and makeup - and glam pose!

Sherri now (Twitter):C3JQTVaUcAATDLt?format=jpg and on Kentucky spinoff:

brittany-sheri.jpg

I thought she looked better -- and less haggard than Tiffany-- but she didn't take are of the neck

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Oy, those pics of Sherri. I remember when Hef died & the media showed pics of him with bunnies from the '60's & early '70's.  Is this the look Sherri is going for?  Really?

Are pink lips a thing now?  LVP was sporting pink lips & so was Katie.  Now, those 2 are not exactly who I would assume to be on top of any trends but . . .

Trinny and Susannah from British What Not to Wear used to say that women get stuck stylistically in the decade when the woman felt her hottest. I think Sherri's a little young to have the 60s and 70s be the time when she felt her most beautiful, but she was a teen and young woman in the 70s and early 80s and was clearly influenced in her style by those decades.

• Love 4

Fans watched as Brittany's friends and family helped raise money for her brother Wes Cartwright and sister-in-law Melisha Cartwright to undergo IVF so they could start a family on Vanderpump Rules Jax & Brittany Take Kentucky (clip above). The event helped raise about $13,000 for the couple, which Brittany's boyfriend Jax Taylormatched, she confirmed to The Daily Dish last month. Wes and Melisha started IVF in January, and "it worked the very first time," according to Brittany.

• Love 9

I'm looking forward to the repeat....

But in the meantime. I got a little overly excited about Schwartz bringing out his balls last night.  What did Kristen do that made Schaena start screaming at her?

Can't remember for the life of me, but I remember Schaena just losing it on Kristen.

Why? 

• Love 1

I <<think>> Kristen was about to chime in on the argument. Scheana or someone (Sandoval?) cut her off before Kristen had a chance to say more than a syllable or two. Scheana told K to stop inserting herself into discussions that did not involve her. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Emmeline said:

Fans watched as Brittany's friends and family helped raise money for her brother Wes Cartwright and sister-in-law Melisha Cartwright to undergo IVF so they could start a family on Vanderpump Rules Jax & Brittany Take Kentucky (clip above). The event helped raise about $13,000 for the couple, which Brittany's boyfriend Jax Taylormatched, she confirmed to The Daily Dish last month. Wes and Melisha started IVF in January, and "it worked the very first time," according to Brittany.

To me this is why Brittany's mom doesn't care that Jax cheated. If you listen to that conversation he didn't really say anything great or uplifting. Any sane mother would either advise her daughter to break up with someone who cheated on her (or, if she saw her daughter was going to take him back regardless of what others thought then she'd offer her daughter support and say she'd stay out of her life). Instead, Jax had given the family money so she was willing to advise her daughter to go back to him. Great values to instill.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, JenE4 said:

When Sandoval announced that he brought his own jump rope, I said OF COURSE he has his own jump rope. Then when he said he’s been challenged to jump roping contests since middle school, OF COURSE he’s undefeated. There is nothing Sandoval can’t do. He is a modern-day Renaissance man. Not only is he a mactor-musician, a hairstylist, a fashion stylist, a therapist and advocate for his emotionally frail friends—and on and on—add to it jump-roper extraordinaire. Last week he randomly pulls out a trumpet (ok, we got a glimpse of that at Tom and Katie’s wedding), this week it’s a jump rope. I would just love it if EVERY week he pulls some random object out of his designer murse (man purse) and—boom—I’m the best at this thing, too. I picture a group of elementary school girls double-dutching on a street corner and Sandoval just jumping in and elbowing the kids out of the way to show them how it’s done. Never change, Sandoval. Never change. 

Love this post!  :-)

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Stan39 said:

To me this is why Brittany's mom doesn't care that Jax cheated. If you listen to that conversation he didn't really say anything great or uplifting. Any sane mother would either advise her daughter to break up with someone who cheated on her (or, if she saw her daughter was going to take him back regardless of what others thought then she'd offer her daughter support and say she'd stay out of her life). Instead, Jax had given the family money so she was willing to advise her daughter to go back to him. Great values to instill.

And wasn’t that grand gesture something he did to assuage himself of his guilt for the way he acted in KY, and a way of defiantly proving he’s a “good guy” to people like Brittany’s dad, who were still (rightly) cynical about his actions and motives with Brittany? We can see through it—she either can’t, or doesn’t want to.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Stan39 said:

Yea, I think she's just really shallow. In a lot of ways. She's a shallow thinker. Jax gave them money, ergo Jax cannot be that bad. Then he sat there at dinner, snowing them with that "I hate myself" spiel. He was trying to convince them that he cheated because he just hates himself so much and subconsciously does not think he deserves a good relationship with a good woman. And they ate it right up. I'm surprised they didn't go back to Brittany and lambaste her for not being a better girlfriend to poor ol Jax. 

• Love 6
18 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Trinny and Susannah from British What Not to Wear used to say that women get stuck stylistically in the decade when the woman felt her hottest. I think Sherri's a little young to have the 60s and 70s be the time when she felt her most beautiful, but she was a teen and young woman in the 70s and early 80s and was clearly influenced in her style by those decades.

i doubt fashion made its way through rural kentucky at an appropriate speed...they could have been stuck "stylistically"  with 70s makeup well into the 80s.  no internet....the pink frosty lipstick became her staple.  i'm probably somewhere near her age, and i recall wearing the frosted lipstick and overly tanned look in the mid-late 80s...growing up in orange county.

• Love 6