Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E11: Chapter Twenty-Four: The Wrestler

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Snookums said:

Found it, thanks! Was totally derping, much like my avatar.

Well, I can see hearts on other people's posts, but not on my own, although I get like notifications. How am I supposed to know how popular I am without the numbers?!?! I might have to go beat up a high school kid to re-establish my sense of superiority!

• Love 13

OK, as much as I love Graham Greene, the idea that the Southside Serpents started out as an organization to represent the Native Americans lost by a massacre led by some dude named General Pickett (funded by a Blossom ancestor, of course) really stretches credibility with this show (I know, I know, that's saying something.)  Because you never got the sense about that connection before then.  Did FP or someone else just take it into a new direction with all of the crime, motorcycle stunts, car racing, and other biker cliches?  Or is this all just an excuse to make Jughead be noble?  I think I know the answer!

Hey, Chuck's back!  And... he's just here to prop up Archie.  I hope Jordan Calloway gets more to do on Black Lighting.

Once you look past the whole "A 40 year-old man is using wrestling as an excuse to manhandle a freaking teenager" aspect (I know!), the Archie/Hiram pissing contest was entertaining.  I love that K.J. Apa towers over Mark Consuelous whenever they face-off, but there is never not the sense that Hiram will probably still beat Archie's ass if it ever came to it.  But now Archie has impressed him enough to intern with him a.k.a. get that dirt!

Speaking of which, I loved that the "FBI Agent" was so stunned that Archie wasn't allowed in the meeting with The Lodges, Fred, Sheriff Keller, and Mayor McCoy in the opening act.  Really, dude?  You think Hiram, Heromine, Fred, Keller and McCoy are going to have sinister discussions with fucking Archie in the room?  If nothing else, they would go an hour longer due to Archie raising his hand and asking questions every other sentence.

Clearly I'm just an awful person, but I was cracking up over Veronica just teaming with the Pussycats after Josie refused to sing with her.  Really, Josie and Mayor McCoy should have saw that coming.  I might have felt differently if I cared about Josie, but the show has really has done a bad job at fleshing her out, so it's hard for me to take her side over my beloved Ronnie.  Plus, I love watching Camila Mendes get Veronica's bitchiness on.

Creepy Chick is now going to teach Betty how to harness her "darkness" by having her webcam like he does?  The show does remember she's sixteen, right?  It's pretty bad when Hal's the voice of reason out of this family.  Someone needs to give Alice a wake-up call soon. 

Not enough Blossom soapiness, but I enjoyed the moments we did get!

Finally, I'm guessing the costume department must have misplaced Archie's wardrobe, since K.J. Apa was extra shirtless for this episode!

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 4

I love that K.J. Apa towers over Mark Consuelous whenever they face-off, but there is never not the sense that Hiram will probably still beat Archie's ass if it ever came to it. 

Heh, it does add a layer of amusement to watch Mark glower UP at KJ! He'd fight dirty, definitely. Archie, the poor dumb bumblepuppy, probably wouldn't even clue in that they were fighting until fifteen minutes in; "Wow, that was a great wrestling workout, Mr. Lodge! Sorry about that Ming vase. You can, uh, let go of my throat now...Mr. Lodge?"

• Love 5

Clearly I'm just an awful person, but I was cracking up over Veronica just teaming with the Pussycats after Josie refused to sing with her.  Really, Josie and Mayor McCoy should have saw that coming.  I might have felt differently if I cared about Josie, but the show has really has done a bad job at fleshing her out, so it's hard for me to take her side over my beloved Ronnie.  Plus, I love watching Camila Mendes get Veronica's bitchiness on.

I actually didn't think that was too bad of Veronica.  It was definitely a claw swipe at Josie, but Josie did leave her in the lurch, in terms of the Pickens Day Performance.  But, though not full blown, I think Veronica is a vindictive character (though that feels to harsh for what we've seen from her thus far).  She initially joined the pussycats to get at Valerie for singing with Archie in S1.  I still giggle when I think of Val's face when she saw Veronica wearing pussycat ears.

She dethroned Cheryl as head of the River Vixens when she found out the Blossom's played a part in her Father's downfall.  I thought this was clear in how little regard Veronica showed for the Vixens after using them to hurt Cheryl.  They were just a prop in her eyes.   And this time she used the Pussycats to stick it to Josie.  I think Veronica is very good at what Veronica does.  There's just not a great deal of malevolence in terms of motivation.  That could change if/when things sour with Archie and Jughead and his Sidekick Betty, investigate everything The Lodges are up too.  When all of those inevitabilities play out, I think we are going to see Ronnie's Horns, fangs AND claws.

I also think Veronica could take on a more antagonistic role within the overall canvas. If nothing else, I definitely see her ending this season viewing Archie, Betty and Jughead as mortal enemies.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Advance35 said:

I actually didn't think that was too bad of Veronica.  It was definitely a claw swipe at Josie, but Josie did leave her in the lurch, in terms of the Pickens Day Performance.  But, though not full blown, I think Veronica is a vindictive character (though that feels to harsh for what we've seen from her thus far).  She initially joined the pussycats to get at Valerie for singing with Archie in S1.  I still giggle when I think of Val's face when she saw Veronica wearing pussycat ears.

She dethroned Cheryl as head of the River Vixens when she found out the Blossom's played a part in her Father's downfall.  I thought this was clear in how little regard Veronica showed for the Vixens after using them to hurt Cheryl.  They were just a prop in her eyes.   And this time she used the Pussycats to stick it to Josie.  I think Veronica is very good at what Veronica does.  There's just not a great deal of malevolence in terms of motivation.  That could change if/when things sour with Archie and Jughead and his Sidekick Betty, investigate everything The Lodges are up too.  When all of those inevitabilities play out, I think we are going to see Ronnie's Horns, fangs AND claws.

I also think Veronica could take on a more antagonistic role within the overall canvas. If nothing else, I definitely see her ending this season viewing Archie, Betty and Jughead as mortal enemies.

She is born a queen and although she said she was reformed and would be "good", the queen and the bad-ass in her is still there and you've mentioned such fine examples when her true-self pops out. That's why even if Veronica has been very nice and great, I am still not convinced by her "good"-ness...

We still have no idea how everything's going to play out with the Lodges or what/how her friends are going to react or work around their shady ploys. She is not going to stand for her friends going against her or her family if they start investigating, sabotaging, etc, will she? She seems beyond loyal to her family (as I see it)...

And now there's going to be a election run between Fred and Hermione? That's going to be very interesting!

I'm seeing a lot of trouble ahead for Varchie and Beronica...

• Love 1

She is born a queen and although she said she was reformed and would be "good", the queen and the bad-ass in her is still there and you've mentioned such fine examples when her true-self pops out. That's why even if Veronica has been very nice and great, I am still not convinced by her "good"-ness...

I'm seeing a lot of trouble ahead for Varchie and Beronica...

Well, Nick St. Clair's words could be foreshadowing.  "When Veronica Lodge smell's blood, she'll turn on you."  I have no doubt Veronica will see herself as the injured/betrayed party and maybe in some ways she could be considered such, but I agree with you, we are going to see more of her "dark side."  I don't in anyway think this is a bad thing (from an entertainment perspective), but I do think this is coming.

I actually think Veronica is very similar to Cheryl, she just has much better wrapping paper.  Cheryl is, for the most part, a girl that uses strong arm tactics, she's all vinegar, whereas Veronica uses "honey" in a manipulative fashion.  She's perfectly content to use tea room methods as long as it gets her what she wants.  Her upbringing is one of the things I think has allowed Veronica to thus far, come out ahead in her dealings with Cheryl and Josie.  The latter two, while far from shrinking violets, lack what I perceive as Veronica's bone deep confidence in herself, clearly instilled by Hiram and Hermione.  That aspect of Veronica is a very notable advantage she has.  The only time we've ever seen her lose her polished veneer, that I can recall, was when Chuck spread those rumors about her and when she found out the truth about her Father, all very Lodge centric.  Which is why Archie's efforts to protect Veronica from being implicated in anything won't mean a hill of beans to her.

The girl on canvas I think can match her and likely, thwart her in a fair number of match-off's, is Betty.  And I think we'll see this.   If the two girls do have a falling out, it really could prove a shot in the arm to the show.  I'd also be interested in the Kevin factor.  He and Betty are life-long friends, but we've seen that he not only dotes on Veronica, but cares about her deeply.  That is going to be a clear triangle.

• Love 7

The Lodges should be very wary of burning bridges with The McCoys.

The McCoys, particularly the women, can be just as ruthless & unyielding when wronged.

But they'll never be allowed the upper hand given Riverdale's strictly enforced Back Of The Bus policy re: POC.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Advance35 said:

Well, Nick St. Clair's words could be foreshadowing.  "When Veronica Lodge smell's blood, she'll turn on you."  I have no doubt Veronica will see herself as the injured/betrayed party and maybe in some ways she could be considered such, but I agree with you, we are going to see more of her "dark side."  I don't in anyway think this is a bad thing (from an entertainment perspective), but I do think this is coming.

I actually think Veronica is very similar to Cheryl, she just has much better wrapping paper.  Cheryl is, for the most part, a girl that uses strong arm tactics, she's all vinegar, whereas Veronica uses "honey" in a manipulative fashion.  She's perfectly content to use tea room methods as long as it gets her what she wants.  Her upbringing is one of the things I think has allowed Veronica to thus far, come out ahead in her dealings with Cheryl and Josie.  The latter two, while far from shrinking violets, lack what I perceive as Veronica's bone deep confidence in herself, clearly instilled by Hiram and Hermione.  That aspect of Veronica is a very notable advantage she has.  The only time we've ever seen her lose her polished veneer, that I can recall, was when Chuck spread those rumors about her and when she found out the truth about her Father, all very Lodge centric.  Which is why Archie's efforts to protect Veronica from being implicated in anything won't mean a hill of beans to her.

The girl on canvas I think can match her and likely, thwart her in a fair number of match-off's, is Betty.  And I think we'll see this.   If the two girls do have a falling out, it really could prove a shot in the arm to the show.  I'd also be interested in the Kevin factor.  He and Betty are life-long friends, but we've seen that he not only dotes on Veronica, but cares about her deeply.  That is going to be a clear triangle.

You wrote it so beautifully...

She knows the game and knows how to play it very well. 

I am giving her credibility and sincerely hope she'll realize what her parents are really up to is really really bad before more damage is done to the friendships... 

She's already weary of archie in the next episode... will she manipulate her boyfriend away from her dad and his shady dealings?

I'm wondering too how "nice" she'll remain towards jughead and the other serpents after the little mess they made last episode... disrupting her performance?! Embarrassing her family's company that way?

She won't stand for that...

veronica will dislike jughead and the Ss which means betty will get defensive thus the potential tension between the two...

And kevin... poor guy... he'll unwantedly be mixed into this triangle with 2 girls... who would've thought...

A bit funny because if they go that way with veronica they're sorta going towards the comics version of veronica.... thats... unexpected....

3 hours ago, Advance35 said:

I'd also be interested in the Kevin factor.  He and Betty are life-long friends, but we've seen that he not only dotes on Veronica, but cares about her deeply.  That is going to be a clear triangle.

That's a triangle I would be quite interested in. 

11 minutes ago, PeekaBoo said:

A bit funny because if they go that way with veronica they're sorta going towards the comics version of veronica.... thats... unexpected....

True. I remember comic Veronica as always being kind of a bitch. I loved her, but she wasn't sweet. She did whatever she had to to get what she wants. When I first met this Veronica I had very mixed feelings, because I love bitchy Comic Veronica, but I also loved Camilla's sweeter Veronica and I love V&B's friendship and V&A's burgeoning relationship (sometimes). But after this season of dreck I would love to see the show go back to a more kid focused rivalry between them. Not over Archie or Juggy but it would be interesting to see V&B kind of fighting over Kevin's friendship because he did come across as Betty's BFF very early on but now he's all about Fabulous Veronica. That could bring some good drama, as opposed to shady business dealings and serial killers. 

Yeah I’m not really interested at all in seeing a rift with Betty and Veronica as I like their friendship. At least not a big one. One that lasts for an an episode or two but I enjoy their friendship on the show and from what I hear as a non comic reader, the show one is better than the comic one.

• Love 2

To be fair, I find it hard to care about Betty and Veronica's friendship since the writers don't seem to care either, They hardly even interact, we don't see them acting like best friends. So, it's just like, Betty kissed her best friend and guess her best friend's girlfriend will be upset but they won't really care because the Betty and Veronica friendship lacks depth anyway *shrug emoij*. In my opinion.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Ruby Red said:

To be fair, I find it hard to care about Betty and Veronica's friendship since the writers don't seem to care either, They hardly even interact, we don't see them acting like best friends. So, it's just like, Betty kissed her best friend and guess her best friend's girlfriend will be upset but they won't really care because the Betty and Veronica friendship lacks depth anyway *shrug emoij*. In my opinion.

In the first couple episodes this season it was good. And last season it was enjoyable.I don’t know. Personally it seems like the writers don’t care about any relationship or any character anymore. To me it seems like they’re writing just for shocking preview scenes.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

In the first couple episodes this season it was good. And last season it was enjoyable.I don’t know. Personally it seems like the writers don’t care about any relationship or any character anymore. To me it seems like they’re writing just for shocking preview scenes.

I have to half-agree with you on that one...

Sometimes you forget that these people are actually friends with one another... I think it's sorta down to like one or two scenes of the kids hanging out together before they just run out and do their own stuff... Maybe that's what they're trying to do but in the end, you sorta care less about them as friends...

I came to think of it today that the last episode didn't even bring up Veronica doing something about the kiss, no like small glare/look/ I know-what-you-did-look towards betty at all, it's like it's not even serious... And Jughead/Archie, are they even still friends at this time? Have they even talked to eachother since the mule job? (I think they did in the xmas ep, thought, right?)...

As mentioned several times again, comes down to the writing and the enormous lack of communication between everyone... Or maybe too many characters, too many storylines and in the end, they don't amount to much during the episode itself...

• Love 1
1 minute ago, PeekaBoo said:

I have to half-agree with you on that one...

Sometimes you forget that these people are actually friends with one another... I think it's sorta down to like one or two scenes of the kids hanging out together before they just run out and do their own stuff... Maybe that's what they're trying to do but in the end, you sorta care less about them as friends...

I came to think of it today that the last episode didn't even bring up Veronica doing something about the kiss, no like small glare/look/ I know-what-you-did-look towards betty at all, it's like it's not even serious... And Jughead/Archie, are they even still friends at this time? Have they even talked to eachother since the mule job? (I think they did in the xmas ep, thought, right?)...

As mentioned several times again, comes down to the writing and the enormous lack of communication between everyone... Or maybe too many characters, too many storylines and in the end, they don't amount to much during the episode itself...

They’ve added too many characters and too many storylines. And the relationships friendship/romantic have suffered. It really does seem like everything I liked about this show they’ve decided to mess up.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, PeekaBoo said:

Yeah, I was hoping Veronica was going to confornt Betty about the kiss, but that did not happen. Jughead and Archie interacted in 2x09 before going to the Secret Santa thing, they talked a bit but in the past two episodes they did not say a word to each other at all. Has anyone realized how we did not have a core four scene with them sitting at a booth at Pop's in the past two episodes?

That is the problem, the writers don't do friendships well. The romances are messy as well.

• Love 2

I'm wondering too how "nice" she'll remain towards jughead and the other serpents after the little mess they made last episode... disrupting her performance?! Embarrassing her family's company that way?

She won't stand for that...

veronica will dislike jughead and the Ss which means betty will get defensive thus the potential tension between the two...

I don't think it's going to turn ugly so soon.  I see Veronica attempting to steer Betty and Jughead away from her families ill doings.  Hermione and Veronica subscribe to "soft power" being the road to victory.  I think Veronica will get more combative the more Betty and Jughead do their sleuthing.  If they were to knock over a domino that leveled all things Lodge, then yeah.  Jughead, Betty and The Serpents will have a new member added to their Rogues Gallery.  I feel like that's a ways off at this point.

True. I remember comic Veronica as always being kind of a bitch. I loved her, but she wasn't sweet. She did whatever she had to to get what she wants. When I first met this Veronica I had very mixed feelings, because I love bitchy Comic Veronica, but I also loved Camilla's sweeter Veronica and I love V&B's friendship and V&A's burgeoning relationship (sometimes). But after this season of dreck I would love to see the show go back to a more kid focused rivalry between them. Not over Archie or Juggy but it would be interesting to see V&B kind of fighting over Kevin's friendship because he did come across as Betty's BFF very early on but now he's all about Fabulous Veronica. That could bring some good drama, as opposed to shady business dealings and serial killers. 

I do still think Kevin and Betty are super tight.  Which is why I think this is the only kind of feasible triangle that involves Betty and Veronica.  Neither girl has an interest in the others boyfriend.  But Kevin?  He loves them both.  He was PISSED at Betty when she went in on Veronica at Nick St. Claires party, he wouldn't react well to Veronica hurting Betty either.  Methinks Kevin is going to find himself in some very awkward situations in the future.

Not to mention the bomb shell both girls are sitting on in reference to his Father and Mayor McCoy.

• Love 3

I hope the v and the cats reveal makes josie remember she has a backbone... She's been super milquetoast since the first few episodes where yeah they used her to drop a few pseudo BLM lines then shoved her in the closet only to use her to sing or "be a best friend" to someone a few shades lighter... Maybe she can hang around Toni and Jug Guevara seeing as battle lines may be drawn soon 

• Love 1

How is it surprising to anyone that their town might be built on land taken from native people in a less than scrupulous way? Characters are reacting like they’ve never heard of this kind of thing before! I know they're supposed to be kids, but come on, as long as you've been on the internet the last few years, there's no way you've heard nothing at all about injustices done to native people.

Does this mean Riverdale is cursed because the whole town was built on an Indian burial ground?

Also, if Pickens slaughtered "everyone", how is Toni’s grandfather alive? Is there going to be a twist where we find out a whole bunch of Southsiders were ghosts all along?

I don’t think Chuck was a bad guy this episode. So he trash-talked at Archie a bit. I would have done the same thing if I were Chuck. It’s fun to mock stupid Archie! And after watching Archie get his ass handed to him by an older, smaller man, it makes sense to figure Archie sucks at wrestling and won’t present much of a challenge. Hell, I only figured Archie might win because this is TV.

No kidding, all the major characters are getting more and more insufferable, the bit players are looking better in comparison. And the catch is, if the bit players get more screen-time, they will become insufferable as well.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Bec said:

How is it surprising to anyone that their town might be built on land taken from native people in a less than scrupulous way? Characters are reacting like they’ve never heard of this kind of thing before! I know they're supposed to be kids, but come on, as long as you've been on the internet the last few years, there's no way you've heard nothing at all about injustices done to native people.

Does this mean Riverdale is cursed because the whole town was built on an Indian burial ground?

Also, if Pickens slaughtered "everyone", how is Toni’s grandfather alive? Is there going to be a twist where we find out a whole bunch of Southsiders were ghosts all along?

I don’t think Chuck was a bad guy this episode. So he trash-talked at Archie a bit. I would have done the same thing if I were Chuck. It’s fun to mock stupid Archie! And after watching Archie get his ass handed to him by an older, smaller man, it makes sense to figure Archie sucks at wrestling and won’t present much of a challenge. Hell, I only figured Archie might win because this is TV.

No kidding, all the major characters are getting more and more insufferable, the bit players are looking better in comparison. And the catch is, if the bit players get more screen-time, they will become insufferable as well.

When I got outside of my bubble in Brooklyn and did a Cross country trip with friends I was amazed at some of the opinions and beliefs of some folks I ran into.. Got into lots of debates abt history in terms of race.. So I think many ppl would be surprised.. Especially if they had no reason to look into the town history and as toni said it had been white-washed... And it was toni's grandfather's grandfather who survived the massacre and he was just a child.  Still dunno if that matches up timeline wise.. But there you have it

I'm struggling to find pick the least interesting storyline in the show right now.

Betty and her psycho brother.

Jughead and Serpents history

Josie and her singing career

... It says a lot when Archie is leading the pack but at least his storyline is providing some slight humour. 

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, Chas411 said:

I'm struggling to find pick the least interesting storyline in the show right now.

Betty and her psycho brother.

Jughead and Serpents history

Josie and her singing career

... It says a lot when Archie is leading the pack but at least his storyline is providing some slight humour. 

Even Archie’s story is boring. Sorry but it is. 

A part of me really thinks I might have to pretend this show ended last season. Can anyone tell me if anything good has come out of this season? I can’t think of anything. I mean.. Grundy got killed so there’s that but that all ended up being a useless kill that meant nothing. 

12 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Even Archie’s story is boring. Sorry but it is. 

You don't have to apologise. I'm not offended if you don't agree :)

The season has been awful. Betty and Jughead may as well be in two different painfully unexciting shows. Both characters have gotten so much worse this season as well. The half brother stuff is pure crap. I wouldn't even know where to start on the Serpent snoozefest that seems to be dominating the show.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Can anyone tell me if anything good has come out of this season? I can’t think of anything. I mean.. Grundy got killed so there’s that but that all ended up being a useless kill that meant nothing. 

Yeah, um, that's probably it. Well, I do find Penelope Blossom the Happy Hooker fun. 

My least favorite storyline this season...Now that is a close race. I want to say Black Hood, which was just absurd, but then there's little Thughead the wanna be gangster, though I do kind of see what they were going for there. So I'm going to have to go with the Mustache Twirling Lodges who just bore the crap out of me with their combination of bad acting and lack of charm or humor. 

But the worst part of this season was that the core four each had their own storylines which kept them apart. 

• Love 1
On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎25 at 12:13 PM, UNOSEZ said:

You didn't hear.. He along with a ton of other dudes talked abt girls in secret.. And fibbed abt sexual exploits.. They wrote it in a book very few knew abt.. And he posted a sexually charged tweet... So of course he needed to be drugged assaulted handcuffed left for dead in a hot tub kicked off the football team and suspended from school in a wildly public way(just him tho no one else on the team)  and sure the girls who assaulted him stormed into a boys locker room while he was changing and accosted him while he was in a towel.. And never even got into any trouble for imprisonment or drugging him or almost drowning him.. Cuz you know he's the villian then of course he gets assaulted again at a party by Jughead.. Abd when he defends himself an adult gangbangers physically throws him out.. But he's a villian so when he gets accused of stalking josie even tho he's innocent and the person doing it is viewed as a kooky zany lady it makes sense.. And now Becuz he's a villian he loses to a novice wrestler who pulls guns on folks.. Gets into street fights... Drag races.. Abd us an all around vigilante who vandalizes other ppls property and isabt 20 pounds smaller. But it's OK.. Cuz Chuck is a str8 up villian... 

Ok I gotta admit I think I may have gotten triggered this episode. 

Oh, that's right, now I remember why he's SO evil, lol! That was some straight up villainous sarcasm. Bravo! :)

• Love 2
On 1/26/2018 at 10:43 AM, Enginerd said:

Cooper breakfasts really are something. They all had a full glass of orange juice, but the pitcher was still full! How much orange juice do they need? Plus a mountain of pancakes and, of course, maple syrup. Maybe they'd all be a little more functional if they cut back on the sugar and simple carbs a bit. Betty trying to talk about dark tendencies and mental illness while Alice tried to play Happy Healthy Family was a hoot.

Aw just think - if the awful Thughead story wasn't eating the show, how much fun Bughead potential could exist right there.  With Cooper breakfasts like that, there's no way the Jughead i Know and Love wouldn't be constantly showing up unexpectedly at the door in time to take a seat at the table already equipped with knife, fork, and napkin around the neck before even getting into the house!

Hi Val&Melody - always nice to see you pop up for your occasional no-lines cameos.  Bye, Val&Melody...

Missed opportunity:  When Betty gave Chic her laptop, she could have also thrown in as a bonus her Dark Betty wig.

Scene i'd love to see:  Betty introduces Chic to Archie - Archie:  "Oh yeah, i know him!  He directed our Black Hood viral video."

But enough small talk - now let's talk about the thing that i was most struck by this episode and pretty much dominated all my attention and focus...

"OH MY GOD - Gamechanger!! ... Kevin GOT HOT!"

What the heck - where did that body come from all of a sudden?  Where has it been?  Does Casey Cott have a secret brother that just for a lark took his place this episode?  Was the show given a huge CGI budget for being a comicbook-based show but didn't really need it since it's not about superheroes so they decided to put it all on beefing up Kevin all of a sudden?  Mind just blown!

I mean really, it was so distracting on multiple levels - first there's the tongue-dropped-on-floor reaction at the previously unnoticed hawtness, then there's the whole "Where did YOU come from all of a sudden?!"ness but then it was also distracting from everything else about the character - why is this bonafide hunk making continual remarks about Archie being the one looking like a god and not the other way around and why is someone who looks like that fighting loneliness so much when he should be attracting guys like flies?

Boy must have woken up to the fact that his own dad is a total hottie ... and he's got all that bodybuilding equipment in the basement, so the little lightbulb must have gone off over his head and now we know how he must have been spending all his time lately...apparently just about nonstop every-moment-he's-at-home for the last several weeks...guy must have just been obsessively pumping iron at all odd hours repeating over and over "woods no more..."

Or maybe with Jingle Jangle having fallen out of favor in Riverdale now, something else has taken its place?

• Love 4
5 hours ago, dwmckim said:

Aw just think - if the awful Thughead story wasn't eating the show, how much fun Bughead potential could exist right there.  With Cooper breakfasts like that, there's no way the Jughead i Know and Love wouldn't be constantly showing up unexpectedly at the door in time to take a seat at the table already equipped with knife, fork, and napkin around the neck before even getting into the house!

Seriously. The real Jughead would be at that house 24/7. I'd love to see him given an ultimatum, if he leaves the Serpents he has a free meal pass to the Cooper's any time he wants. See how fast that snake sheds his skin. HAHA

5 hours ago, dwmckim said:

Scene i'd love to see:  Betty introduces Chic to Archie - Archie:  "Oh yeah, i know him!  He directed our Black Hood viral video."

HAHAHAHAAHA. That would explain a lot about that very odd video.

Edited by Mabinogia
  • Love 3