Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: Til Death Do Us Part

MostlyC

Yeah, but the Lucifer/Chloe thing is what go the Bromance between Lucifer and Cain going. She was made by God to weaken Lucy, pure and simple.

Definitely one of the goofiest episodes in this series so far.

• Love 1

If anyone's interested, the wiki page on Cain says that there is a school of thought stating that Adam did NOT father Cain but rather an angel of the lord by the name of - drum roll, please - Samael!!  Also, the 'mark of Cain' is a warning against killing him:  'whoever kills Cain shall suffer sevenfold vengeance', good luck with that, Luci...

Also, why does Lucifer not seem to remember that the 'fake Sinnerman' was trying to push him to break the 'no killing humans' rule and was possibly about to tell him who was putting him up to it, before Cain (the actual Sinnerman) thoughtfully shot him?

• Love 4
7 hours ago, CuddlerOfDragons said:

If anyone's interested, the wiki page on Cain says that there is a school of thought stating that Adam did NOT father Cain but rather an angel of the lord by the name of - drum roll, please - Samael!!  Also, the 'mark of Cain' is a warning against killing him:  'whoever kills Cain shall suffer sevenfold vengeance', good luck with that, Luci...

Also, why does Lucifer not seem to remember that the 'fake Sinnerman' was trying to push him to break the 'no killing humans' rule and was possibly about to tell him who was putting him up to it, before Cain (the actual Sinnerman) thoughtfully shot him?

Eh not sure how much stock I put in the idea of Cain as Samael's son, either in this mythology or theology in general, since Samael/Lucifer had already fallen before he tempted Eve with the apple.  But theologians going to theologe.

As for the whole kill a human thing, it does kind of make sense.  Lucifer has made it clear that even as a fallen angel, he is still bound by Dad's rule "no killing humans."  Cain is human, though an immortal one, so it makes sense that he would have wanted to test Lucifer to see if he'd break that rule, and what -if any- repercussions there were for breaking that rule.

Though I'll admit, this is kinda a BIG plot hole that I hope the writer's address.  After all, Lucifer has given his promise to try to help Cain shuffle off this mortal coil but ... why?  If he wanted to stick it to Dad about the "no killing humans rule" he could just find someone like the sports agent from Season One and throw them a little harder this time.  So far Lucifer has been pretty adamant about not being interested in killing humans, even when they piss him off.  Punish them?  You betcha.  Kill them?  Naahh.

So why would he be all on board with Cain?

My only explanation (and YMMV) is that Lucifer wants Cain to stick around, because Cain really is someone who can share the depth of Lucifer's "doneness" with Dad's meddling.  Now he doesn't lie, so he may be taking the loophole of "I'll help you figure out a way, but you have to do it yourself/get someone else to do it to you" but I guess we'll see as the season progresses. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, CuddlerOfDragons said:

If Cain can't be murdered, maybe he can be killed by accident?

Another thing, if Lucifer does manage to kill him, how's he going to explain it?  Chain-sawed body parts all over the penthouse...

That's Maze' s problem. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, CuddlerOfDragons said:

Yeah, Maze on the subject of cleaning: "Screw that!" 

She doesn't even scrape food off plates before putting them in the dishwasher!

Well, she must do something with the bloody results of her tortures.  However, it was Amenadiel and Linda who got rid of a set of Lucifer's wings, so I don't know.

2 hours ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Well, she must do something with the bloody results of her tortures.  However, it was Amenadiel and Linda who got rid of a set of Lucifer's wings, so I don't know.

Presumably Hell had an "Auto-clean" function for that.