Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E07: Birthday Fever

• Start Topic

28 minutes ago, princelina said:

And LVP to a lesser degree :)

No, not at all/ Lisa says right up front that she will forgive but that you need to earn her trust again after hurting her. Eileen doesn't accept apologies and never moves on with 1 exception, that being Erika. 

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, WireWrap said:

No, not at all/ Lisa says right up front that she will forgive but that you need to earn her trust again after hurting her. Eileen doesn't accept apologies and never moves on with 1 exception, that being Erika. 

Yes but until you "earn her trust" she mocks and brings things up too many times.  Most recently the trip to Vegas - she approaches the ridiculously dressed Dorit and Erika and immediately says something like, "I'm so glad you're not bringing up old stuff" which is a sly way of doing just that.  She mentions whatever blah blah blah every time she is in a scene with Rinna.  And I caught an episode recently from the Brandi days where she made Brandi sing at her surprise birthday party and TH's that "Brandi had to make it up to her".  That's the stuff she does that Kyle doesn't do that makes me favor Kyle.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, princelina said:

Yes but until you "earn her trust" she mocks and brings things up too many times.  Most recently the trip to Vegas - she approaches the ridiculously dressed Dorit and Erika and immediately says something like, "I'm so glad you're not bringing up old stuff" which is a sly way of doing just that.  She mentions whatever blah blah blah every time she is in a scene with Rinna.  And I caught an episode recently from the Brandi days where she made Brandi sing at her surprise birthday party and TH's that "Brandi had to make it up to her".  That's the stuff she does that Kyle doesn't do that makes me favor Kyle.

Rinna recently said that Lisa "jabbing" at her was normal, something they have always done to each other and that they both enjoy it. Lisa is like that with all of them, she has a bawdy dry sense of humor and she uses it on herself as well. Also, Lisa says things to their faces, not behind their backs like Kyle and others do, you know where you stand with her, she isn't fake, polite yes, fake no.

As for Brandi, she had a lot to make up for with Lisa. Brandi was was/is a nasty liar, jumping from top HW to wannabe (Yolanda) top HW who would do the most for her without holding Brandi's feet to the fire. Brandi is now throwing Yolanda under her drunken bus because Yolanda has nothing to do with her now that Yolanda moved on from the show. 

4 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Rinna recently said that Lisa "jabbing" at her was normal, something they have always done to each other and that they both enjoy it. Lisa is like that with all of them, she has a bawdy dry sense of humor and she uses it on herself as well. Also, Lisa says things to their faces, not behind their backs like Kyle and others do, you know where you stand with her, she isn't fake, polite yes, fake no.

As for Brandi, she had a lot to make up for with Lisa. Brandi was was/is a nasty liar, jumping from top HW to wannabe (Yolanda) top HW who would do the most for her without holding Brandi's feet to the fire. Brandi is now throwing Yolanda under her drunken bus because Yolanda has nothing to do with her now that Yolanda moved on from the show. 

Brandi was indeed a total asshole, but LVP defended her for a long while, and when Brandi offended her she didn't' cut her off, but rather "made her pay".  I pretty much agree with everything you say here about LVP's personality - it's all true, just not something I enjoy or admire.  Most of her "British humor" is what I call (out of my own snotty superiority :) "single entendres".  

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, princelina said:

Brandi was indeed a total asshole, but LVP defended her for a long while, and when Brandi offended her she didn't' cut her off, but rather "made her pay".  I pretty much agree with everything you say here about LVP's personality - it's all true, just not something I enjoy or admire.  Most of her "British humor" is what I call (out of my own snotty superiority :) "single entendres".  

Lisa also tried to guide Brandi, to help her react differently but Brandi refused to listen. That said, Lisa also said that she likes to rescue/help people and I think she saw someone in need when it came to Brandi but then Brandi turned on her. Lesson learned. 

I love Lisa's sense of humor and find it far less offensive than most of the others.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Lisa also tried to guide Brandi, to help her react differently but Brandi refused to listen. That said, Lisa also said that she likes to rescue/help people and I think she saw someone in need when it came to Brandi but then Brandi turned on her. Lesson learned. 

I love Lisa's sense of humor and find it far less offensive than most of the others.

She did try to guide Brandi - but expected Brandi to "toe the line" and when she didn't LVP wanted to "make her pay".  By singing at her birthday party.

This is where we agree to disagree - for example, in tonight's episode where they saw the corn hole game and LVP said something like "Ken's always trying to get it in my hole" - I "get" the joke, but I find it old and tired rather than "funny"

• Love 5

LVP can hold a grudge. She certainly did with Rinna last year. For all the times she she said she wanted to move on and leave the past in the past, she certainly enjoyed throwing her barbs and jabs at Rinna. And not in the fun, taking the piss out of your friend kind of way either. And she brought it how Rinna had wronged her again at the end of the year party she hosted when the ladies had formed a doughnut.

And she does gossip as well. When Eden told LVP about what Rinna said about Kim, she didn't go and confront Rinna about it. She played Run Tell Dat with Kyle.

I like LVP, but in the end, she can be just as petty as the others.

• Love 5
On ‎1‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 11:48 AM, Juliegirlj said:

Dorit must have really pissed off production to get such a horrible edit this season. Or, she has gone bloody mad. 

What is with all the boobage????????.......  I loved your post  JULIEGIRLJ..... I am writing this to get my two cents worth in before I even get time to read all the comments.    Between the  deflated look (Lisa R) and overabundance for your body shape (Dorit), do these people look in a mirror before they leave the house???????  It's BORING after a while, and frankly annoying because some of the clothes are soo beautiful and they are not doing them justice and not the focus a designer would appreciate seeing I am sure.    Dorit especially  reminds me of an old Reader's Digest Humor in Uniform joke (showing my age)......at a cocktail party, two young sailors watched as a well endowed young woman came by and commented "large sail for such a small craft" .   I never forgot it..

And speaking of boobs....PK...... I was happy to see he was so glad to see his family and all......but the two of them are such posers, I cannot stand it.   

Most of us who watch are struggling to pay a mortgage and health insurance!   If you have the money for such parties, I have no problem with you.  But these two according to things I have read, are just plain snob wannabes and as annoying as....well, you know.    Ok, back to reality and off y soap box,  I hope I am not out here all alone in my grumblings

• Love 1
On 1/30/2018 at 10:18 PM, Kokapetl said:

Dorit’s implants looked like they were filled with helium, and not evenly filled. 

Teddi grates. She doesn’t like conspicuous consumption etc, why is she on this show? She’s a yoga panted soccer mom who humble brags about her self control and modesty. 

That’s kind of my take. The type the owns Lulumon yoga pants and a top of the line Jeep and so on... but it’s totally different then those other moms and their spending! She doesn’t have girly stuff! She’s a total chill, cool girl with her total chill, cool girl ensemble that costs more then my rent.

• Love 4
On 1/31/2018 at 12:12 PM, sheetmoss said:

Not sure how it works in the UK, but  in US, don't companies get to write off $$ lost  from  something like bankruptcies/unpaid debts?

Also, Dorit vs Teddi

If wrong, pls correct, but isn't  Teddi 'old money' compared to the other ladies... as in Money talks wealth whispers.  Usually those of old money are less pretentious.

Even if Teddi's upbringing  was more  lowkey, she most likely traveled, stayed in finer hotels and probably went to school with rich kids, plus she was really in the horsey world....she was around wealthy people

HAHAHAHA!  Old, like in mid-1970s money?  HAHAHAHAHA!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Anne Thrax said:

Right? 

I don’t think the Melloncamps would be considered Old Mobey, even by LA standards. However, I do think the Teddy is the only current BH Housewife who grew up with money. I think the rest of the current cast either made their money, married money, or did a combo of the two.  Having always had money might be a part of the reason that Teddi is a little more mellow about ostentatious spending.  

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, FozzyBear said:

Right? 

I don’t think the Melloncamps would be considered Old Mobey, even by LA standards. However, I do think the Teddy is the only current BH Housewife who grew up with money. I think the rest of the current cast either made their money, married money, or did a combo of the two.  Having always had money might be a part of the reason that Teddi is a little more mellow about ostentatious spending.  

I think Vanderpump grew up comfortably, Kyle, who was born and raised in Bel Air, was certainly surrounded by wealth and fame and the good things in life.  I think Teddi is one of those inconspicuous spenders.  Who seems to talk about money and others' people money an awful lot.  I am quite sure her equine hobby is costly, she has their kids in $30k a year school times three kids, she has a $3.5 million dollar beach house, and just recently bought a $4.5 million dollar home.   I think she tries too hard with saying things like the Whole Foods bags are 10 cents each.  I get it is her personality and I guess TPTB someone decided they wanted to see someone who claims to not like luxury cars and jewelry and eight figure homes.  It will be interesting to see when they go overseas if she comments on the lodgings.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

1 hour ago, FozzyBear said:

Right? 

I didn't say the Mellencamps were old money, I said Teddi is more-so because she grew up in the wealth and what that pedigree brings. 

Most often the kids of new-money are usually accepted  by the upper-crust because they're growing up in that world  and would know the all the social-graces.clues.

Edited by sheetmoss
  • Love 2
On 2/7/2018 at 5:32 AM, BBHN said:

LVP can hold a grudge. She certainly did with Rinna last year. For all the times she she said she wanted to move on and leave the past in the past, she certainly enjoyed throwing her barbs and jabs at Rinna. And not in the fun, taking the piss out of your friend kind of way either. And she brought it how Rinna had wronged her again at the end of the year party she hosted when the ladies had formed a doughnut.

And she does gossip as well. When Eden told LVP about what Rinna said about Kim, she didn't go and confront Rinna about it. She played Run Tell Dat with Kyle.

I like LVP, but in the end, she can be just as petty as the others.

Agreed. I like LVP as well. Ok, some seasons more than others. But in the end there is no denying the fact that she likes to hold on to things. She does it differently than others might, but she is not going to forget a slight. 

• Love 3
On 2/2/2018 at 3:26 PM, rho said:

I thought Dorit said that PK's parents don't like to fly, especially not a 12 hour journey across the Atlantic. I don't give two shits about the Kemsleys but that was a sweet moment, and the only genuine emotion I have ever seen either of them express.

But the Dorit/Teddy thing was weird at the end of the party. It looked like they edited out a lot of the back and forth. After Kyle and Lisa left Teddy pleaded to let it go again and then Dorit turned it around on her. Two seconds later they're hugging goodbye. I hope that means the end of it because I'll give anything not to hear about lategate/glassgate ever again!!!!

So true!! Dorit's only redeeming moment so far this season was when she thanked the driver by name who dropped her off at Teddy's music party. It must have been a fluke because since then she seems to think she's somehow superior to the working class.

I thought it was the opposite. Both Lisa and Ken said it couldn't be Dorit because she'd drink their rosé out of any glass and be happy out of it. Lisa said it in a way like they were about to have a laugh over it and then looked surprised when Dorit copped to it.

Let's don't forget that PK's good friend LVP promoted Dorit to take the position Eileen vacated, and has been her unabashed supporter throughout the season.  It behooves Lisa to try to put the prettiest face on the situation.

10 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

Let's don't forget that PK's good friend LVP promoted Dorit to take the position Eileen vacated, and has been her unabashed supporter throughout the season.  It behooves Lisa to try to put the prettiest face on the situation.

But wasn't Dorit full time last season as was Eileen?

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

Both Eileen and Dorit were full time HWs last season. 

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, Anne Thrax said:

I guess I didn't think that through very well.  Then who did Dorit replace?

Yolanda or Kathryn, who was technically full time. However, Dorit was likely Yolanda's replacement.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 5
On 1/24/2018 at 11:36 AM, zoeysmom said:

Wasn't Teddi's bitch last week that Dorit took the conversation to her friends and she was forced to defend herself?  So why is it okay to for Teddi to talk to LVP and Dorit has to defend herself?  Dorit didn't ask Teddi to change the glass.

Teddi didn't say Dorit's name when expressing how uncomfortable she felt, but clearly Dorit's reputation precedes her if that's the only person LVP guessed would be ignorant enough to point out a glass faux pas. Meanwhile, in the limo Dorit gives Kyle a tumbler to drink wine out of. Only the nouveau riche are stunned enough to point out when 'etiquette' is not being followed. People born into money may think it, but they'd never be common enough to say it. Dorit admonishing the waiter while Teddi is talking to her is only a roundabout way of letting Teddi know she's got the wrong glasses out. So tacky, but that's Dorit.

• Love 4
On 2/9/2018 at 5:26 PM, FozzyBear said:

That’s kind of my take. The type the owns Lulumon yoga pants and a top of the line Jeep and so on... but it’s totally different then those other moms and their spending! She doesn’t have girly stuff! She’s a total chill, cool girl with her total chill, cool girl ensemble that costs more then my rent.

The fact that Teddi grew up with so much wealth, yet never shoves it in anyone's face makes me admire her. 

• Love 2
On 1/30/2018 at 10:15 PM, yourmomiseasy said:

Poor Teddi.  She invited these broads to a potluck.  She really doesn't fit in.  To be fair though, the drive down to Dana Point is usually 2+ hours.  That's kind of rough for a potluck.

I agree that it is pretty far for a potluck, but it's not like anyone had to drive themselves. What kills me is that we know damn well that the majority of the gals know what potluck is as they grew up with that. To imply they're too wealthy (Erika) to actually 'do' potluck is annoying. This was the one time that Dorit impressed me with all that she brought. It's not that hard to get your cooks to whip up a dish, ladies.

• Love 3
On 1/31/2018 at 5:42 AM, ghoulina said:

I loved Rinna reading her long ass text.

Lisa makes me laugh every time. For all the shit she gets into, she is who she is. She's one of my favourites.

• Love 1
On 1/31/2018 at 7:08 AM, NeverLate said:

At least Eileen, I mean Teddi,  has let being late go..phew! 

I feel Dorit's inability to be on time for lunch/dinner dates is the height of rudeness (and should take the precedent over glass-gate). For someone who likes to point out 'etiquette rules', she should know that being late is a huge faux pas. Being late sends the clear signal that the person you are supposed to be meeting is not important to you at all.

Edited by Chalby
Forgot period
  • Love 5
On 2/1/2018 at 11:48 AM, biakbiak said:

Never said it was a tragedy, just odd/weird/ridiculous way to entertain. Just order in takeout or go out to dinner if you are not into cooking for your guests.

I find it's a common way to entertain when at the cottage/ cabin or anywhere by water. Relaxed atmosphere, everyone chips in.

• Love 1
On 1/31/2018 at 8:48 AM, KungFuBunny said:

The strapless gown that Dorit wore wasn't the problem.

Dorit+Kemsley+iGo+live+Launch+Event+Arri

I

I could swear that Dorit wore a similar outfit to Teddi's cottage night. I need to watch again/ 

On 1/31/2018 at 1:57 PM, KungFuBunny said:

I think Dorit had her boob job before Jagger.

To be fair, the originally posted photograph of Dorit in the helicopter is a result of how Dorit's arms are positioned. Her left arm is pressed firmly against her side while her right arm isn't. Thus, her left boob is pushed up and forward, making her chest appear unbalanced.

On 2/6/2018 at 10:34 PM, princelina said:

Most of her "British humor" is what I call (out of my own snotty superiority :) "single entendres".  

I always found her humour attempts to be within the double entendre genre. How is it single entendre humour?

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, Chalby said:

I always found her humour attempts to be within the double entendre genre. How is it single entendre humour?

I guess I think of double entendres as actually having two meanings which are kind of clever, whereas hers are just more what I would call "dirty jokes"

Edited by princelina
  • Love 3
On 3/21/2018 at 10:32 PM, princelina said:

I guess I think of double entendres as actually having two meanings which are kind of clever, whereas hers are just more what I would call "dirty jokes"

Thank you - Yes, you're right. What people would dismiss as crude, somehow is labeled entendre with the British. I've just never heard of the expression 'single entendre', lol. You're giving Lisa's vulgarity too much credit because of her background, ha!

• Love 2
On 2/11/2018 at 10:46 AM, zoeysmom said:

, Kyle, who was born and raised in Bel Air, was certainly surrounded by wealth and fame and the good things in life.  

According to her Bravo bio, Kyle was born in Hollywood, not Bel Air -- a small but pertinent detail as, while Bel Air is uniformly luxe, living in Hollywood could be the Hills or it could be a 2 BR apartment south of Fountain and east of Fairfax. Do we even know when the family moved to Bel Air?

https://web.archive.org/web/20110807231647/http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/bio/kyle-richards

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Chalby said:

Thank you - Yes, you're right. What people would dismiss as crude, somehow is labeled entendre with the British. I've just never heard of the expression 'single entendre', lol. You're giving Lisa's vulgarity too much credit because of her background, ha!

Haha that's because I made it up (as I previously mentioned - out of my own snotty superiority :)