Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: TRMS 2018 Season

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, car54 said:

The Gary Hart movie is The Front Runner--starring Hugh Jackman with very interesting hair.   I've seen several promos recently for it.

Rachel's producers were great---much better than when she sent a producer to pick up her wax presidential figure.

I want to know why she sent Lawrence flowers. :)

It was his birthday -- and he did not want it mentioned on the air, which she did last night! 

• Love 6

Lawrence was a bit weird about it when she mentioned his birthday last night (I think the actual day was Wednesday) so perhaps the flowers were an apology for bringing it up.  Some people don't want their birthday acknowledged.

I woke up this morning to a dusting of snow.  I wish my boss had decided to send me to Miami.  Alas, that did not happen. 

Too much news today meant no time to feature a new member of Congress.  I hope she can fit in a few of those segments in the coming weeks. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Calvada said:

I woke up this morning to a dusting of snow.  I wish my boss had decided to send me to Miami.  

Right in the middle of that lunacy & nut stuff, surrounded by crazies yelling "lock her up"?  I'll pass.  Her producers look very young, but clearly they're quite good -- cuz they caught the moment that idiot Repub Congressman was trying to grandstand & was harassing the election official -- and then she gave it back to him really good.  Now that was a great (and kinda hilarious) moment to catch!

• Love 4

I had though she might take both Friday and Monday off for a long weekend, so I was delighted to see her on Friday, and especially with such a strong show.  I hope those TRMS producers in Broward County got some down time over the weekend. 

• Love 2

Does anyone know how to find video of the handoff from Chris Hayes tonight?  Apparently he cut to Rachel 40 seconds early, and caught her with her crew getting wired up.  Lawrence teased her about this for at least two minutes. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, freddi said:

Does anyone know how to find video of the handoff from Chris Hayes tonight?  Apparently he cut to Rachel 40 seconds early, and caught her with her crew getting wired up.  Lawrence teased her about this for at least two minutes. 

Thank you Rachel!  For pointing out that the man (Schumer) lost seats in the Senate and got reelected as Minority Leader with no problem but the woman (Pelosi) who was the most successful Speaker since Johnson is returning with the biggest pick up of seats since Watergate but of course, she has to go.  

• Love 24
50 minutes ago, M. Darcy said:

Thank you Rachel!  For pointing out that the man (Schumer) lost seats in the Senate and got reelected as Minority Leader with no problem but the woman (Pelosi) who was the most successful Speaker since Johnson is returning with the biggest pick up of seats since Watergate but of course, she has to go.  

I wish I could Like this 1000 times.  Expectations for women in politics are so much higher than for men, and they get half the praise and twice the blame.

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, izabella said:

twice the blame.

They get demonized.  I haven't figured out what Pelosi (or Hillary) has done that makes her the Anti-Christ.   That being said, I would like to see some "generation change" as the current saying goes.  I'm tired of people in their 70's and 80's making all the decisions.  Their knowledge and experience is valuable, but step aside and mentor some "younger" people.

• Love 15
1 minute ago, Quilt Fairy said:

They get demonized.  I haven't figured out what Pelosi (or Hillary) has done that makes her the Anti-Christ.   That being said, I would like to see some "generation change" as the current saying goes.  I'm tired of people in their 70's and 80's making all the decisions.  Their knowledge and experience is valuable, but step aside and mentor some "younger" people.

That seems to be Pelosi's plan.  She has said she would be a "transitional" Speaker, which is what I think they need right now.  Let her use all her experience to develop their strategy, get everything set up on the Committees, and mentor someone to take the reigns.  Those interested in ousting her should be vying to be her protegee right now, not throwing stones at her.

• Love 21
22 hours ago, M. Darcy said:

of course. older females have to go

• Love 4
On 11/15/2018 at 1:32 PM, Quilt Fairy said:

I'm tired of people in their 70's and 80's making all the decisions.  Their knowledge and experience is valuable, but step aside and mentor some "younger" people.

HEY!  We're tired of doing all the heavy lifting.  Step in and step up, youngsters!

• Love 6

Rachel really seemed to enjoy her reaming of Whitaker, and his increasing number of sketchy business dealings.  Patenting a chicken waffle sandwich (except not following through on the great chicken waffle patent).  As Rachel said, maybe the Acting AG appointment will just die of embarrassment.  Not the person, but the position. 

Any Friday that has Rachel immediately becomes a better Friday.  I can deal with her having Monday off.  But it really helps to see her at the end of the week.  

Edited by freddi
  • Love 10

On Thursday's show, when she and Michael Beschloss were comparing the appointment of Matthew Whitaker with the appointment of L. Patrick Gray as the FBI director following the death of J. Edgar Hoover.  I wish Beschloss had pointed out another consequence of the Gray appointment.  Mark Felt was pissed off because he wasn't named the acting FBI director, and there's many who believe that he became a source for Bob Woodward because of that.  Is there someone at DOJ who will be this generation's Deep Throat because they are appalled by Whitaker's appointment?  

I could listen to Rachel and Michael Beschloss talk about anything.  I think they should do a regular podcast called "History ALWAYS Repeats Itself" and compare current events with something from history,  

• Love 24
1 hour ago, freddi said:

Rachel really seemed to enjoy her reaming of Whitaker, and his increasing number of sketchy business dealings.  Patenting a chicken waffle sandwich (except not following through on the great chicken waffle patent).  As Rachel said, maybe the Acting AG appointment will just die of embarrassment.  Not the person, but the position. 

She did enjoy herself, and I wish it rubbed off on me, because Whitaker is now in charge of the Mueller investigation.  He is embarrassing, yes, but he is also in charge and Rosenstein is not.  As Rachel pointed out, he likely has been briefed on the investigation and could very well have passed that information on to the WH.   So, her humor didn't quite work for me on this subject tonight.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Calvada said:

On Thursday's show, when she and Michael Beschloss were comparing the appointment of Matthew Whitaker with the appointment of L. Patrick Gray as the FBI director following the death of J. Edgar Hoover.  I wish Beschloss had pointed out another consequence of the Gray appointment.  Mark Felt was pissed off because he wasn't named the acting FBI director, and there's many who believe that he became a source for Bob Woodward because of that.  Is there someone at DOJ who will be this generation's Deep Throat because they are appalled by Whitaker's appointment?  

I could listen to Rachel and Michael Beschloss talk about anything.  I think they should do a regular podcast called "History ALWAYS Repeats Itself" and compare current events with something from history,  

From your mouth to God's ears!

• Love 2

Honestly, her squeamishness on talking of Whittaker's man toilet was getting on my nerves.  Still, she can snark on Whittaker EVERY nite -- that would be fine by me.

I hope Rach has more Dem reps on & asks 'em for their take on Pelosi.  I think this Pelosi hate is being overblown by Repubs & the media & vocal haters.  She's obviously confident because she knows she has the votes to win.  

Is the supposedly growing Pelosi hate among Dems due to her being a woman or her age?  I thought it was about her age.  There is some validity to that & she should be pressured to make a definite plan to mentor others significantly younger.  Pelosi still has game to me.  I can't imagine Pelosi dealing with Zuckerberg in the cringe-worthy out-of-touch way Grassley did.

Rach has discussed Facebook before, but I hope she puts a spotlight back on them -- and in particular, the connection between Facebook & Schumer, which is really pretty nauseating.  Rach can be just as effective in her critique of Dems, as well as Repubs.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Is the supposedly growing Pelosi hate among Dems due to her being a woman or her age?  I thought it was about her age.  There is some validity to that & she should be pressured to make a definite plan to mentor others significantly younger.  Pelosi still has game to me.  I can't imagine Pelosi dealing with Zuckerberg in the cringe-worthy out-of-touch way Grassley did.

It seems to me that it’s because she’s a woman - no one seems to have a problem with McConnell (76), Bernie Sanders (77), Schumer (67), Steny Hoyer (79).  Biden is 75 and people are talking about him running for President. 

Edited by M. Darcy
  • Love 17
22 hours ago, freddi said:

Rachel mentioned her documentary "Betrayal,"

Just watched it.  Pretty powerful.  Don't want to spoil it. 

On 11/17/2018 at 11:34 AM, ScoobieDoobs said:

Is the supposedly growing Pelosi hate among Dems due to her being a woman or her age?  

I get the feeling it's more about her being a little too much in the center for some people's tastes.  The Progressive wing wants her to shift more to the left. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, teddysmom said:

Just watched it.  Pretty powerful.  Don't want to spoil it. 

That was excellent. I can’t help but also think of the delay of the release of the hostages in Iran, to Reagan's benefit and Carter's detriment. Are treasonous foreign power contacts during elections destined to go unpunished?

• Love 3
7 hours ago, ahisma said:

Holy smokes, Rachel went IN on Don McGahn, Saviour of Democracy.

I know!  Wow, she really does not like him.  That was awesome.  She really does not like people who always want the publicity and really don't do anything to back it up. 

• Love 7

I also think there's some side-eye at the reporters who, unwitting or not, work as McGahn's fluffers.

I finally got to the Sunday night special, and it was interesting in the way that TRMS is always interesting. I was completely thrown off, however, when the first commercial break came 10 minutes in! Wait: where's the 25-minute A-block?! I guess Sunday night teevee watchers have different expectations...

Edited by attica
  • Love 4

Her interview with the Buzzfeed reporter whose bombshell about Trump Moscow was just confirmed by Cohen’s case was interesting. I loved it when Rachel started to ask him about the NYT report on the Russian general, and he piped up with, “Whom we reported on months ago...” with an adorable look of “Yeah, we beat out the Old Grey Lady!!”

• Love 7

Thank you Rachel for reminding people that damage that George W Bush's Administration continues to do to this country.   At least in January the Dems can hold hearings on what Acosta did.  Its almost like the Trump Administration tried to hire the worst of the worst. 

• Love 11

Rachel is breaking down the Flynn sentencing memo and addendum which were released less than an hour ago. As expected, the addendum is greatly redacted. In the realm where my mind is happiest the release was timed so that Rachel's analysis would be among the first offered. 

ETA: Cue Chuck Rosenberg!

ETA: Barbara McQuade offers that, when examining the addendum, it appears that Flynn assisted three separate investigations. This will be a red hot night on MSNBC because surely we will hear from Joyce Vance and Jill Wine-Banks as well. Woot. 

Edited by suomi
  • Love 10

Excellent analysis/explanation of the Manafort & Cohen memos/court-filings by the Feds, Rach.  If you didn't catch Friday's show, watch it!  You won't get better analysis of what's going on anywhere else.

And thanks, Rach, for pointing out several times how the Feds were emphasizing what a bad guy Cohen is & exactly why he is such a sleazy, greedy, crooked character.  Good counterpoint to fools like Donny Deutsch, who were all over MSNBC's other shows trying to push the narrative that Cohen is a nice guy who deserves sympathy.  Blech, that was making me nauseous & suspected was dead wrong.

Is Emily Jane Fox, the Vanity Fair reporter, sympathetic to Cohen?  I can't tell if she's made a shtick for herself being a Cohen insider or if she feels sorry for him too.  Rach has her on a lot lately.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 4

When this is all over (and, it has to be someday) Rachel should go back to the beginning and see just how much she pointed out turned out to be very important.  Because, I think she has been pretty accurate so far (but honestly, so many scandals, its hard to keep track).  I do think the fact that she kept emphasizing that Pence was in charge of the transition will turn out to be very very important.  

• Love 16

She called it!  The Inauguration money was hinky.   The are finally having an investigation on it.  Hee, she was too classy to say I TOLD YOU SO. 

Well, I'll grudgingly concede that it was classy.  But I tuned in specifically to see her do the journalistic equivalent  of an end zone dance.   The show was good of course, but I kept thinking "Gloat dammit.  Gloat.  Or at least smirk."    I did thoroughly enjoy the picture of the tractors at the inaugural parade though. 

• Love 4

When the WSJ story dropped last night about 5:30, I swear I heard a big "OOOOOOOH" coming from MSNBC offices in NY---Rachel has talked about this for a VERY long time!    Finally someone is looking into it---they should always listen to Rachel.

• Love 8

She didn't even lead with the Inaugural investigation stuff.  She spent nearly a half hour on the Russian girl.  Man, that was overkill!  Sheesh, I screamed at my TV -- Get the heck off the Russian girl already, Rach!  And then that WSJ reporter offered absolutely nothing, other than confirming an investigation.  She gave pretty much no deets.  Ugh, how disappointing.

10 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

She didn't even lead with the Inaugural investigation stuff.  She spent nearly a half hour on the Russian girl.  Man, that was overkill!  Sheesh, I screamed at my TV -- Get the heck off the Russian girl already, Rach!  And then that WSJ reporter offered absolutely nothing, other than confirming an investigation.  She gave pretty much no deets.  Ugh, how disappointing.

It's become increasingly difficult for me to remain engaged during Rachael's A Block.    It's way too long.  Lately I find myself either tuning in late or watching it on my DVR so I can FF through most of it.   

• Love 4

I knew Rachel and I were sisters!  I too am half cheese.  Of course, I've lived in Wisconsin for decades.  

I really enjoyed her glee at the nerve of the guy from the Chief of Staff's office, Zach, who tried to get the early retirement program at the Coast Guard reinstated.  The levels and types of corruption these days seem to be unending.  But this is a new one, I think.  And do I understand that the guy is still employed?  Sounds like some active duty with the Coast Guard would do him a world of good - maybe he could work on draining a swamp.  

• Love 10

I was surprised that she did not talk to the NY Times reporter who had written the article on Zach a day earlier.  Apparently a few of his colleagues ratted him out:  https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2018/12/20/us/politics/zachary-fuentes-coast-guard-retirement.amp.html

14 hours ago, Calvada said:

I really enjoyed her glee at the nerve of the guy from the Chief of Staff's office, Zach, who tried to get the early retirement program at the Coast Guard reinstated.  The levels and types of corruption these days seem to be unending.  But this is a new one, I think.  And do I understand that the guy is still employed?  Sounds like some active duty with the Coast Guard would do him a world of good - maybe he could work on draining a swamp.  

Edited by freddi
  • Love 2