Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: TRMS 2018 Season

• Start Topic

At least Ivanka married rich.

Heh, maybe not exactly.  Now, it might be true because of us.  Didn't Jared use his position to get a country (maybe Saudi Arabi) to bail out his family's company? I'm pretty sure that Rachel covered it about 100 scandals ago.  I wonder if the law catches up to Jared if that will all go away. 

Edited by M. Darcy
  • Love 8
On 10/3/2018 at 2:52 PM, izabella said:

I'm mystified why they weren't caught at the time.  No one talking about this story seems to mention that.  It makes me wonder what he is doing now and how he is funneling money now to hide his kids' inheritance so they don't pay taxes.  Why isn't any of this timely?   If we don't pre-pay estimated taxes quarterly, or if the IRS doesn't think it's enough, we get tax notices and penalties.  How is it that the IRS pays such close attention to my lowly income but massive frauds are completely missed for entire lifetimes until the NYT decides to investigate?

The people with money write the laws. They write laws to make themselves and their money exempt-- hence Drumpf making sure the inheritance tax law in the new tax bill will eliminate the inheritance taxes. 
The middle class always has and always will shoulder most of the tax burden.

• Love 13
On 10/4/2018 at 4:59 PM, stormy said:

?

Times a billion?

Look, Rach does not feel it's up to her to make people feel better in the face of horrible awful horrible news like we're getting now.  But I suspect she'll continue to show the protesters she's shown for the past few nites.  It's reason enough for me to continue to watch her -- even tho I'd like to just shut off all cable news till at least Nov. 6.  

I hope Rach continues to show those Maine protesters.  Stick it to Collins good, Rach.  And go get Manchin too.

• Love 9
On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 2:52 PM, izabella said:

I'm mystified why they weren't caught at the time.  No one talking about this story seems to mention that.  It makes me wonder what he is doing now and how he is funneling money now to hide his kids' inheritance so they don't pay taxes.  Why isn't any of this timely?   If we don't pre-pay estimated taxes quarterly, or if the IRS doesn't think it's enough, we get tax notices and penalties.  How is it that the IRS pays such close attention to my lowly income but massive frauds are completely missed for entire lifetimes until the NYT decides to investigate?

Remember too that Congress has constantly limited the ability of IRS Criminal Investigations to conduct tax fraud/evasion investigations.  They have cut the agency's budget or frozen it so the agency has to absorb pay increases and other costs.  Because, you know, taxes are bad and Americans pay too many taxes, so let's enable tax cheats.  It makes zero sense, I know, but is it surprising from this group of idiots?  There are always these figures thrown around of billions in lost revenue because of tax evasion and fraud, so perhaps putting some more IRS agents on the job  would be a productive thing?  It's so frustrating that the simple logic of our taxes going down once ALL the taxes that are owed are paid escapes them.  

A lot of the NY Times' investigation began when they looked at the financial disclosure form Trump's sister, who is a federal judge, had to submit.  Done in by federal paperwork!  

• Love 6

Rachel's A-block story, selections have consequences was awesome. She made a  historical connection between the Democrat Al Dixon who voted for Clarence Thomas and Susan Collins who voted for Kavanaugh.  Al Dixon got primaried by Carol Mosley Braun who later became the first Black female Senator. I hope this will happen to Susan Collins. 

• Love 11

I shut off Rach when she was doing the historical stuff for what seemed like an endless half hour.  I was in no mood for it.  But that is Rach.  She looks back to history for perspective.  It's actually a really smart thing to do.  Still, I was in no mood for it.

I'll appreciate if Rach just continues to show what people can do now -- in addition to how people are responding, and not just the protesters.

What Rach has been saying all along:

1) PAY ATTENTION!

2) WATCH WHAT THEY DO, NOT WHAT THEY SAY!

This is probably the best advice she can give, particularly with this continuing & endless chaos, and now this dreadfully awful & deeply depressing, horribly hopeless news.  

I'm so nauseated & sickened by what happened this weekend, I really just wanna turn off the news & never watch again.  But Rach ALWAYS encourages & admonishes that is the worst thing to do.  Thank you for that & keep it up, Rach.

• Love 6

I love Rachel's historical stuff.  I hope what happened to Al Dixon happens to Susan Collins.  I've never really thought she was a centrist as they keep saying.  She is like the female Rand Paul.  Lets pretend to be disturbed about something but then totally vote the party line.  Her enthusiasm for Kavanaugh was nauseating.     

• Love 17
5 hours ago, SierraMist said:

I love Rachel's historical stuff.  I hope what happened to Al Dixon happens to Susan Collins.  I've never really thought she was a centrist as they keep saying.  She is like the female Rand Paul.  Lets pretend to be disturbed about something but then totally vote the party line.  Her enthusiasm for Kavanaugh was nauseating.     

Plus, she enjoyed the attention that the media gave her. She ate it up and it sickened me. She was never going to vote against Kavanaugh, she was showboating for the cameras. As usual, the stupid media fell for it. I will never forgive the media for normalizing the indefensible and vileness that we have to come accept as normal. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 14

And I don't think Murkowski will be affected the way Palin suggested.  Rachel said her base of support was urging her to vote no.  Was it only Rach (as usual) who was continuously pointing this out?  Also, Rachel was NOT breathlessly hanging on to what Collins said.  She was focusing on the Maine protesters.  Guess Collins ignored 'em.  Nice, eh?

• Love 6

Well, I hope Rachel doesn't spend too much time on this story anymore.  It's just so disheartening,

And I'm sick and tired of every political pundit telling us that democrats are no longer energized and will sit home and stew in November.

• Love 8
On 10/4/2018 at 9:54 AM, M. Darcy said:

Didn't Jared use his position to get a country (maybe Saudi Arabi) to bail out his family's company?

It was Qatar.  Shortly after the Qatar finance minister  turned down an offer to invest in the 666 Park Av property,  Jared Kushner endorsed the blockade of Qatar.   A Canadian based company (Brookfield) ultimately coughed up the cash months later to save the financing on the property.  (Spoiler alert!  Brookfield is a publicly traded company.  The second largest shareholder is ... the Qatar Investment Authority).  

• Love 8

It was Qatar.

That's right!  I know I should look it up before posting but its just too depressing.

Speaking of which, if the story Joy reported on is right and Israel helped Trump get elected, depressing isn't even a strong enough word for that. 

• Love 4

I wanted to enjoy Rach's discussion with the New Yorker reporter.  I really did.  But I found it kinda hard to follow & it was ultimately maddeningly inconclusive.  So it left me wondering  . . . why'd ya bother with this, Rach?  I did like Rach saying Mueller may already know all the answers to any Russia-Trump Tower connection.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

I wanted to enjoy Rach's discussion with the New Yorker reporter.  I really did.  But I found it kinda hard to follow & it was ultimately maddeningly inconclusive.  So it left me wondering  . . . why'd ya bother with this, Rach?  I did like Rach saying Mueller may already know all the answers to any Russia-Trump Tower connection.

A small community of non-partisan, highly competent, nationally/internationally respected computer scientists monitors the internet. They suspected that the Russians hacked the Dems AND the Republicans; they went into this hoping to protect the Repubs and expecting to inform them re when/how they were hacked. People use the alphabet to navigate the internet; servers and computers use numbers/IP addresses. All of the numbers are found in the Domain Name System/DNS, which is like a ginormous phone book. Every time a computer reaches out to another one (to send email, visit a web site, whatever) the initiating computer looks up the phone number/DNS of the target computer, calls the listed number and gets a response (or not).  The "call and response" of these transactions, of computers finding each other, successful or not, is stored in DNS logs. This small community of computer scientists has access to those logs (when they exist, I think there are ways to wipe/erase). 

The scientists searched DNS data from Repub candidates, looking for electronic footprints like those seen in the Dem hacking. No similar footprints were found but there was one very odd Trump Organization domain. Many/most Trump Org domains were/are set up to blast thousands of mass-marketing emails relating to Trump properties/businesses or to his campaign. Tons of outgoing traffic! This one very odd Trump domain sat there generating nothing while all of its incoming calls were from a very, very small group of companies, such as (the Russian) Alfa Bank. Alfa called often, many times per day, sometimes dozens of times per day; over 2000 calls from Alfa to this one Trump domain were logged during May - October. The intensity/frequency of Alfa's computer traffic correlates with many events during the campaign. The only other company with similar computer traffic to this Trump Org domain was Spectrum Health, which is associated with the DeVos family. Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos, right? Her husband is chairman of the board at Spectrum. Her brother, Eric Prince of Blackwater fame? Mueller is looking into Eric's meeting with a Russian gov't official he "bumped into" in a bar one night in The Seychelles, an island off the coast of Africa. That family. 

After they analyzed everything they found, the scientists concluded that "this was a covert communication channel." (You know, like the "private communication channel" Jared wanted with Russia after the election and before the inauguration but was told he couldn't have.)

The scientists (who, bless their hearts, didn't recognize the name Betsy DeVos) gave their findings to NY Times reporter Eric Lichtbleu three months before the election. The scientists' attorney notified the FBI about the coming story and the feds told/asked the Times to sit on it; it was "urgent" to sit on it. Which the Times did, for a few weeks. What it eventually ran later was watered down beyond recognition, and unconvincing. Slate ran a stronger story the same day, using another of the scientists as its source. The Slate story revealed that the hinky domain vanished two days after reps at Alfa Bank were briefed about the computer traffic. Alfa continued to "call" the Trump domain for four days following the vanishing, obviously never getting a response. Then, ten minutes after Alfa's final call to the odd domain number, the DNS phone book directed the inquiring Alfa server to another Trump domain/number that had been reconfigured to go to the same Trump server as before. The kicker is that the Trump domain vanished after Alfa's reps were notified about the computer traffic - but before that was brought to Trump's attention. Ergo, Alfa tipped Trump to the heat, he tipped Alfa to his new domain number, and business as usual. 

Last night Rach said some of that and Filkins said some of that (referencing his New Yorker article), and some of that I knew. I'm stoked because tech-y stuff usually makes my eyes glaze over. I floved it when, after Filkins wrapped up his segment which followed hers, Rach said, "If Mueller didn't have this information before, he has it now." 

It calms me to imagine that Mueller is on the same page with Manson prosecutor Vince Bugliosi re circumstantial evidence: “I think that counsels’ problem is that they misconceive what circumstantial evidence is all about. Circumstantial evidence is not, as they claim, like a chain. You could have a chain spanning the Atlantic Ocean from Nova Scotia to Bordeaux, France, consisting of millions of links, and with one weak link that chain is broken."

“Circumstantial evidence, to the contrary, is like a rope. And each fact is a strand of that rope. And as the prosecution piles one fact upon another we add strands and we add strength to that rope. If one strand breaks – and I’m not conceding for one moment that any strand has broken in this case – but if one strand does break, the rope is not broken. The strength of the rope is barely diminished. Why? Because there are so many other strands of almost steel-like strength that the rope is still more than strong enough to bind these two defendants to justice. That’s what circumstantial evidence is all about.”

• Love 20

I wanted to enjoy Rach's discussion with the New Yorker reporter.  I really did.  But I found it kinda hard to follow & it was ultimately maddeningly inconclusive.  So it left me wondering  . . . why'd ya bother with this, Rach? 

All I got from it is that the NYT had the story two years ago and just sat on it.  Which WTF Times??? 

I did enjoy the interview with Michael Beschloss. 

Edited by M. Darcy
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, M. Darcy said:

All I got from it is that the NYT had the story two years ago and just sat on it.  Which WTF Times??? 

I KNOW!!!! JFC.  "But they had no problem running Hillary email stories 24/7". 

I think Rachel did point out that this story should be printed and read. It's too much to cover in an interview or to read online. It has to be digested slowly.

I did the same with the testimony of Glenn Simpson of Fusion GPS re working with Steele.  Printed it and read it on Rachel's recommendation. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, suomi said:

Circumstantial evidence, to the contrary, is like a rope.

Kelly Siegler from Cold Justice demonstrates the same principle with pencils. Any one pencil by itself might be snapped. But hold all the pencils together and try, you can't break 'em. (The things I've learned about the law via Dick Wolf shows, I swear.)

• Love 6
9 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I think Rachel did point out that this story should be printed and read. It's too much to cover in an interview or to read online. It has to be digested slowly.

I did the same with the testimony of Glenn Simpson of Fusion GPS re working with Steele.  Printed it and read it on Rachel's recommendation. 

I'm currently slogging through the NY Times 14,000 word treatise on the Trump family financial shenanigans. Sheesh, this has been one tough news season/presidential administration.  With all the homework it's like being back in high school - but the stakes are higher. 

• Love 4

The story about Waller County was surreal.  If I was that kid I would be filing federal lawsuits against every individual police officer, courthouse officer, their departments and offices, and the county for such an unbelievable infringement of my civil rights.  As part of my lawsuit I would ask that every one of them be required to attend classes on the US Constitution & civil rights law and history.   You get arrested for delivering a letter??  Jesus, I hope the kid didn't drink out of the wrong water fountain too.  What kind of banana republic is this place?  If only our country had a Justice Department with a functioning Civil Rights Division.  

I think the news can't get any more depressing, but sadly, I am proven wrong again and again.  If what's happening in Georgia, in Texas, and other places doesn't bring out the youth vote, what will?  I can't understand this lethargy, this disinterest in voting.  I counted the days until my 18th birthday.  I'm such a dork, I was more excited about voting than I was about being of legal drinking age.  Don't these kids understand what people went through to ensure their right to vote?  

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Calvada said:

The story about Waller County was surreal.  If I was that kid I would be filing federal lawsuits against every individual police officer, courthouse officer, their departments and offices, and the county for such an unbelievable infringement of my civil rights.  As part of my lawsuit I would ask that every one of them be required to attend classes on the US Constitution & civil rights law and history.   You get arrested for delivering a letter??  Jesus, I hope the kid didn't drink out of the wrong water fountain too.  What kind of banana republic is this place?  If only our country had a Justice Department with a functioning Civil Rights Division.  

I think the news can't get any more depressing, but sadly, I am proven wrong again and again.  If what's happening in Georgia, in Texas, and other places doesn't bring out the youth vote, what will?  I can't understand this lethargy, this disinterest in voting.  I counted the days until my 18th birthday.  I'm such a dork, I was more excited about voting than I was about being of legal drinking age.  Don't these kids understand what people went through to ensure their right to vote?  

Count me in on being a dork about voting. I'm 55 now and except for one time when I had the flu and wasn't able to drop my ballot off in time, ever since I turned 18 I have voted in every local and national election, no matter how small. I'm even more of a dork for wishing that we didn't have vote by mail here because I REALLY liked going to the polling place. It always made me truly feel like an American and that I was actively taking part in democracy by going into the voting booth. People in other countries have died for the right to vote and we should appreciate the opportunity we have and not take it for granted. There would be real change if the majority of citizens voted but apathy is still too high. Years ago, I went on a date with a guy and he told me he never bothered to vote, which was a small dealbreaker to me. I told him he'd damn well better not complain about the state of things in the U.S., then. At least he agreed with me on that.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Calvada said:

The story about Waller County was surreal. 

I screamed at my TV -- WTF!!!!  Anyone else?

Thanks for your fine coverage on this, Rach. 

I really like how she's spotlighting the slimy way Kemp is trying to suppress mostly black votes in Georgia.  Stay all over this one too, Rach.

Also, Rach -- a million thanks to you for not showing (or even mentioning) the nauseating display of Kanye & Trump that EVERY bonehead host on CNN & MSNBC was showing endlessly!

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 11
11 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

I screamed at my TV -- WTF!!!!  Anyone else?

Seriously. I can't imagine being able to just walk around blatantly devoting yourself to preventing black people--especially young black people--from voting. You're the villain in a newsreel about the civil rights movement and yet every year you go at it again.

• Love 7
20 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

Count me in on being a dork about voting. I'm 55 now and except for one time when I had the flu and wasn't able to drop my ballot off in time, ever since I turned 18 I have voted in every local and national election, no matter how small. I'm even more of a dork for wishing that we didn't have vote by mail here because I REALLY liked going to the polling place. It always made me truly feel like an American and that I was actively taking part in democracy by going into the voting booth. People in other countries have died for the right to vote and we should appreciate the opportunity we have and not take it for granted. There would be real change if the majority of citizens voted but apathy is still too high. Years ago, I went on a date with a guy and he told me he never bothered to vote, which was a small dealbreaker to me. I told him he'd damn well better not complain about the state of things in the U.S., then. At least he agreed with me on that.

That Waller County story was amazing and disgusting.  But those kids could also register at their parents home and get absentee ballots. 

There really needs Ed’s to be better information and instructions on how to register and vote.

I’m another one that have voted since 18.  The only elections I missed were a couple local elections while away at college.  I did absentee ballots for the state and national elections including primaries.  

When I moved to another state, I registered to vote as soon as I could.  I’m raising my kids to vote too.  They go with me to the polls in the morning (as they get the day off school) before I go to work.  I will make sure they register and know what to do when they turn 18.  I can’t believe how many have no clue what to do to vote. 

Edited by Hanahope
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

The only election I can remember missing was one time when I had a fever combined with such gastrointestinal distress I didn't think I could walk to my car, let alone drive and stand in line to vote, without completely humiliating myself.  It was "just" a primary election, but I remember being devastated that I couldn't vote.  I still vote at a polling place, but I miss the old voting booths, where I'd flip little levers and then pull the big lever to complete my ballot.  That KER-CHUNK was so satisfying.  I really felt like I voted.  Now, filling in the little boxes and feeding the ballot into the machine that reads it is like taking my SAT again. 

There's a special place in hell for all these people finding new ways to keep people of color from voting.  The word evil has been tossed around a lot lately, generally in a ridiculous manner, and usually I reserve that word for people who hurt children or scam seniors out of their life savings, but wow, Brian Kemp is so blithely pissing on the foundations of American democracy, there can be no other word for him.  Thank goodness we have Rachel to shine a light on these assholes.  

Yeah Rachel!!  I  just went to the Houston Chronicle's website to read an update on Waller County.  Elections Administrator Christy Eason's statement:  "There was never any ill intent behind the error whatsoever.”  Yeah, sure, we all believe that.  How stupid do you think we are?  Your county was trying to keep students from a predominantly African-American school from voting and you got caught.  There must have been at least one lawyer in county government that actually stayed awake in law school and realized they had opened themselves up to lawsuit after lawsuit, who said "Um, guys?  We're in violation of a whole bunch of federal laws."  If I were a taxpayer in this county I would be so pissed.  I want my taxes to go to schools, to roads, to supporting law enforcement/fire/EMS - I don't want my tax dollars going to settle lawsuits for such stupidity.  

Edited by Calvada
  • Love 6

Kemp is a piece of shit. He needs to lose on November 6th. It was chilling to see how he has methodically purged voters of color off the rolls. The asshole actually arrested 10 Black people in 2010, for actively getting people out to vote.  Disgusting! Damn the Supreme Court for gutting the voters' rights act, ever since that day, people like Kemp have deprived citizens the right to vote. It is unconscionable. I hope Abrams wins and wins big. I know that it is Georgia, but, the media never focuses on Black rural voters in the South. They are a sleeping giant waiting for somebody to wake them up from their slumber. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 11

OK, Rachel is too modest to say it outright, but does anyone doubt for 1 moment that the shameful Waller County voter registration crap suddenly changed overnight because Rachel put a big bright spotlight all over it?  Nice goin', Rach!

Didn't know much about Stacey Abrams, but not only does she seem like a genuinely nice lady, damn, she's a class act -- and what a sharp contrast to the sleazebag she's running against!

Yes, I noticed exactly what Stacey Abrams did when she asked for another moment at the end of her interview.  But I'm so glad Rachel pointed it out.  Instead of giving out her website promo & donation info, which is the usual thing for a politician to do, she gave out a number to call for those seeking info or having trouble registering to vote.  Rach was clearly impressed by this.  Me too.  Like I said, class act.  And the a-hole she's running against is doing all he can to suppress voter registration, while it's supposed to be his job to oversee the "fairness" of voter registration.  Yech!

• Love 11

We moved to FL earlier this year. A week later we got driver's licenses and registered to vote at the same time.  There is mail in voting here, so we requested out ballots and last week filled them out and mailed them in.

This is the first time I'm questioning whether my vote will count.  I'm from MN and I would have never given it a thought that my ballot would be tossed out.  I honestly can't say I have complete faith in the voting system here.

Edited by stormy
  • Love 3

I'm in MS and they want people who do mail in or absentee voting to request a ballot 45 days before the election. I forgot that I forgot (if that makes sense) to request one and when it called the office here earlier this week they made it sound like I missed my chance to vote unless I can get to the polls in person.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 2

Do they have early voting in MS?

In MN they do.  You go to your city hall and vote.

It's unfortunate if you the only way to vote is as you describe but if that were the case, I guess I would have to make sure I got to go the polls on election day.

Up until March of this year we  lived in MN. My husband hadn't voted since 2000 but in 2016 he went on election day, registered to vote and voted for Hilary. MN is quite progressive for voting rights. I miss that feeling. I don't feel like that in FL.

• Love 2
On 10/12/2018 at 8:31 PM, Hanahope said:

That Waller County story was amazing and disgusting.  But those kids could also register at their parents home and get absentee ballots. 

There really needs Ed’s to be better information and instructions on how to register and vote.

I’m another one that have voted since 18.  The only elections I missed were a couple local elections while away at college.  I did absentee ballots for the state and national elections including primaries.  

When I moved to another state, I registered to vote as soon as I could.  I’m raising my kids to vote too.  They go with me to the polls in the morning (as they get the day off school) before I go to work.  I will make sure they register and know what to do when they turn 18.  I can’t believe how many have no clue what to do to vote. 

I had to wait until I was 21 to vote, and then that turned out to be the year (1971) that the voting age was lowered to 18. I admit to being kind of pissed for a while :) I've never missed an election, even when I moved to Canada in 2005. The Overseas Voter Foundation has been instrumental in helping US citizens and military vote while out of country, btw. There is no way in hell I was going to miss this vote; I mailed my ballot in two weeks ago. I'm furious at the fact that so much voter suppression is ongoing in the States. The right to vote is the freaking bedrock of our democracy! I think Rachel should be mandatory viewing, to be honest.

• Love 2

re Michael Cohen: " ... that whole mishegas ..." 

I wish there was a way to correlate google searches relating to something Rachel says. I think the results would be quite impressive. 

• Love 1

I am truly disgusted and demoralized with the voter suppression in our country. How can we tell the world that democracy is the ideal form of government when we disenfranchised people from exercising their right to vote.  What is going on in North Dakota is stunning, but, not surprising.  New York is a very blue state, but, we even have a passive form of voter suppression. The Republicans in the senate have resisted making voting easier in New York state. I can only imagine the dirty tricks that are used in Red states to suppress the vote of minorities.

I applaud Rachel for being laser focus in informing us on shady voter suppression laws employed by the Republicans in Georgia, North Dakota and Texas. She always says pay attention to not what he says, but, what he does. His emissaries have been at work tilting the playing field to their side. I love that the Indians in North Dakota are pushing back against this racist legislation. It is disappointing that the Supreme Court upheld that voter suppression law, 6-2. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

I am truly disgusted and demoralized with the voter suppression in our country. How can we tell the world that democracy is the ideal form of government when we disenfranchised people from exercising their right to vote.  What is going on in North Dakota is stunning, but, not surprising.  New York is a very blue state, but, we even have a passive form of voter suppression. The Republicans in the senate have resisted making voting easier in New York state. I can only imagine the dirty tricks that are used in Red states to suppress the vote. I applaud Rachel for being laser focus on voter suppression employed by the Republicans in Georgia, North Dakota and Texas. She always says pay attention to not what he says, but, what he does. 

I knew it existed but had the impression that it was limited and somewhat random. Certainly not the extensive and concerted thing that is being revealed. Rachel is to be much admired for the way she does her job: public service in action!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

I am truly disgusted and demoralized with the voter suppression in our country. How can we tell the world that democracy is the ideal form of government when we disenfranchised people from exercising their right to vote.  What is going on in North Dakota is stunning, but, not surprising.  New York is a very blue state, but, we even have a passive form of voter suppression. The Republicans in the senate have resisted making voting easier in New York state. I can only imagine the dirty tricks that are used in Red states to suppress the vote of minorities.

I applaud Rachel for being laser focus in informing us on shady voter suppression laws employed by the Republicans in Georgia, North Dakota and Texas. She always says pay attention to not what he says, but, what he does. His emissaries have been at work tilting the playing field to their side. I love that the Indians in North Dakota are pushing back against this racist legislation. It is disappointing that the Supreme Court upheld that voter suppression law, 6-2. 

I'm disgusted by it too.  Aren't there 3 liberals on the Supreme Court.  Who the hell voted to uphold voter suppression?

• Love 5

It really is.  Every time there's a new story of voter intimidation and suppression, I'm reminded of David Frum's observation that if conservatives find they can't win elections, they won't abandon conservatism but will instead reject democracy. 

Native Americans in North Dakota have the right idea in banding together and giving the state legislature a big ol' fuck you.  They'll make their own damn street addresses, assholes.  So glad Rachel is giving this story, the Waller County ridiculousness, and the suppression in Georgia some much needed attention.  Hopefully the groups suing that dickhead Kemp will prevail.  Stacey Abrams is an inspiration.

• Love 9

I hope Rachel stays on these voter suppression states, and continues to report on them.  Shining a light on it is the only way things will change.  Republicans are counting on suppression and disenfranchisement of voters being done secretly, and quietly so they can get away with cheating to win.  As if Russian hacking weren't enough.

• Love 9