Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E15: Final Three/S17.E16: All-Star Finale

Drogo
  • Start Topic

I am insufferable at my house.  I always pick the winner on this show.  No shock to me that Michelle won.  She can be Ramsay's next little protege.  There is something about her that reminds me of Christina.  That quiet, unemotional attitude and of course being easily taught to do things Ramsay's way.  No drama and a bit mousey.  I'm sure he saw all that in her.  I wish her all the best.  I'm sure we haven't seen the last of her.  She will show up on this show in future seasons like Christina, I'm sure.

I felt sorry for Nick but I agree with the poster above that GR had decided on Michelle to win and didn't want her competing with her friend.  I don't believe Benjamin ever had a shot in this, that's why Ramsay didn't eliminate him and kept all 3 - so he could be fair to Nick to keep him around a little longer but keep Ben around so he would be the one competing against Michelle.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Kerri Okie said:

I 100% agree with Drogo's post above that if he'd flip-flopped her with Robyn, he might have won, although I also think that GR preferred Michelle in large part because she is moldable.

I disagree.  I think that Ramsey has the winner picked already by the time the final three are competing.  All the "this is such a hard decision" is for show.  

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Colorado David said:

i had to laugh

Elise walks by Dana and throws rubber glove in her face.

Dana - "Do you really think that's needed right now?"

Elise - "Oh please, don't pretend that's the first time you had rubber in your face."

Millie - snickers

I don't know if Dana and Elise have a friendly relationship where they can get away with that stuff with each other, but in light of Mario Batali's behavior being made known, those kinds of comments in the kitchen creep me out.  If I were Michelle I would have fired Elise for sexual harassment of another "employee."

• Love 8
21 hours ago, Drogo said:

Had Benjamin made a call to replace Robyn with Barbie on the meats station, I think the win would have been his.  Barbie was not right for hot appetizers and did a killer job on meat all season... and Robyn was dying there. 

I wonder if he bothered to ever talk to them to find out what they were good at.

Michelle was, to me, a foregone conclusion unless she suddenly pulled a Joy from Season 12.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I felt sorry for Nick but I agree with the poster above that GR had decided on Michelle to win and didn't want her competing with her friend.  I don't believe Benjamin ever had a shot in this, that's why Ramsay didn't eliminate him and kept all 3 - so he could be fair to Nick to keep him around a little longer but keep Ben around so he would be the one competing against Michelle.

Agreed. Before the finale started, my wife asked, "So, is it gonna be Nick or Michelle?"

Once the final 2 was announced, the suspense was over. 

• Love 1

I really wanted Nick in the finale but honestly they were all good. I think Michelle won because of her age and the fact that GR can mold her much more easily than Benjamin.

Elise was just horrid. Petty, rude, childish. I did laugh at her crying at the end, though. Clearly, I'm going to hell, heh.

• Love 1

I really wanted Nick to win, but I thought the F3 was the correct one. So I was ok with Michelle winning (she was my second choice, woot!)

I loved the way Ben treated Barbie. He was decent, encouraging, didn't yell, praised her when warranted. And although I think Robin should have stayed out of the kitchen once she was kicked out, I appreciated that Ben gave her a second chance. Bless Robin's heart; she is passionate and works had, but gets flustered when in the weeds. I felt terrible for her when she got kicked out. 

Michelle seemed to have good control of her kitchen, and the fact she had a plan to kick Elise out if she didn't work out on apps was perfect. Although I thought Michelle was a tad too much on Elise, who does NOT like to be micromanaged, she handled the Elise craziness perfectly. That surely shows she can hold her own in a kitchen.

Elise's fake/real tears and pouty face at Michelle winning was pure gold. Seriously Elise... You seem to be a talented chef. Why you need to screw it all up with your awful attitude is beyond me.

• Love 7
On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 10:00 AM, aliya said:

Elise - you are a terrible person. Classless, graceless, and without a drop of concern for your team or your fellow humans. The sooner you fade into the woodwork, never to be heard from again, the better off we will all be. I can't imagine working with her or for her.  Every time I see her, I think of the saying, "Blowing out someone else's candle won't make yours shine brighter." 

This is so true, and it seems to be something that the contestants don't think about.  The whole world is watching her behave like a maniac, and who will want that in their kitchen? So, she better own her own restaurant because her mouth and attitude is going to get her in trouble wherever she goes. 

• Love 6

I'm really disappointed that Nick didn't make it to the top 2.  It felt like they were throwing together all these opportunities for Benjamin to fail, but he was just too solid.

Elise breaking down at the end is probably one of the most hilarious things I've seen on this show, lol.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, KHenry14 said:

This is so true, and it seems to be something that the contestants don't think about.  The whole world is watching her behave like a maniac, and who will want that in their kitchen? So, she better own her own restaurant because her mouth and attitude is going to get her in trouble wherever she goes. 

I remember that shortly after she was on The Apprentice, Omarosa was on Dr. Phil. He basically asked her why she would jeopardize her future acting like that on a reality show.  I don't remember the exact question, but I think it was something to that effect.  Anyway, Omarosa said she didn't do anything.  It was all editing.  He said that they can edit it to put it in different places and give it different context, but that they couldn't have manufactured her words or actions.  I don't remember what she responded to that, but then later on something else, she said that if you're black and on a reality show, you have to act crazy or they won't give you any air time.  So, at least that time, she admitted she was acting crazy. LOL.

I don't really watch that much reality TV.  I sometimes watch this show.  I used to watch The Apprentice (just regular, not Celebrity), and I used to watch The Amazing Race and Dance Moms.  Now, I can give benefit of the doubt to a facial expression, because who knows when they actually made it or what it was to, and I can give benefit of the doubt to what goes on in the confessionals, because they keep pushing until they get what they want.  But, Elise whining, bullying and whatnot.  That's just her doing it.  They may have been able to cut it together to ramp it up, but there is no way they could just make all that up. 

• Love 5

The editing over the season featured comparatively little Benjamin, so when Nick was eliminated I knew my girl had the win. 

I don’t think Ramsey is ageist, as alluded to earlier, but it is an astute point that Benjamin still has not found a leader's voice or attitude in the kitchen despite his years over Michelle. It was nice to see him treat Barbie with respect (and it seemed real, because she was calmer during her THs), but in reprimanding Jennifer for underseasoned food and taking Robyn back he had an air of someone unused to asserting himself.

I think I could have lived with either Michelle or Nick winning, and now I want even more to have a Ramsey beef Wellington.

Elise had clearly not gotten over her elimination while this was being taped, and all of her laughing and teasing during her interviews just rang of someone who didn’t understand that this is still a cooking competition, not solely dependent upon yelling and attitude. 

I hope Michelle makes it in the GR empire!

Edited by riprock
  • Love 4
On 2/3/2018 at 4:41 PM, Rap541 said:

But there's a reason this show has a high suicide rate

Wait what?

Also, congrats Michelle, one of my favorite winners. I was impressed by all three finalists.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

Thanks.  But one of the people in the first article was on Kitchen Nightmares.  And Paulie Giganti wasn't a suicide; his death was from an accidental OD. 

• Love 2
On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 2:46 PM, Rammchick said:

I also wanted to reach through the screen and smack Elise until she cried.  Wouldn't it be amazing to find out that Elise's behavior was completely contrived by the producers and GRR?  Nah, unlikely, but a chick can at least dream.  Congratulations, Michelle, good luck in Vegas.

I think that when you have a really obnoxious reality show contestant there's likely some element of the producers encouraging that behavior. Especially on a Gordon Ramsey show. But I think most of it is that person's real personality. The producers may see a quality and encourage it, but I'd bet that Elise is about 95% that nasty and childish in real life.

Unfortunately, GR and the producers seem to love her, because they brought her back for "All-Stars" in the first place, and kept her around much longer than she deserved. (Still can't believe she outlasted Dana.) It's s very unfortunate that even the finale turned into the Elise Show. She really dominated this season.

Due mostly to Elise, I dropped out for several episodes and came back for the finale. I was surprised to see Michelle in the final four, let alone the winner. Early in the season she only seemed to me about the third or fourth  strongest cook on the very weak red team. And not ready for a leadership position.

I think that Benjamin and Nick were perhaps the two nicest, most well-adjusted, and mature people I can remember competing on this show. Sorry that neither of them won.

Benjamin's laid back personality may've been his undoing. I don't think that GR could ever relate to someone that mellow. He tends to see quieter contestants as being apathetic or lacking passion, and will go for the loudmouth, in-your-face type every time. No doubt because he seems some reflection of himself.

Edited by bluepiano
  • Love 2

I sometimes wish Gordon would get a clue that you can do a cooking show with normal people. It's partly why the Great British Baking Show does well. Instead they are convinced we want to see shrieking harpies, self-aggrandizing misogynists and CryPies.

• Love 10

I think Elise’s behavior is all on her. She knew she was obnoxious before... and she didn’t care.

Dana, on the other hand, really toned down the hollering she used to do in her THs. She’s self-aware enough to realize it was irritating, and she fixed it.

Elise is like the honey badger. She doesn’t give a shit.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

I think Elise’s behavior is all on her. She knew she was obnoxious before... and she didn’t care.

Elise is like the honey badger. She doesn’t give a shit.

Agreed.  I was just ruminating, and hoping against hope that just maybe someone that awful doesn't really exist.

• Love 1
On 2/3/2018 at 9:55 PM, Yeah No said:

I am insufferable at my house.  I always pick the winner on this show.  No shock to me that Michelle won.  She can be Ramsay's next little protege.  There is something about her that reminds me of Christina.  That quiet, unemotional attitude and of course being easily taught to do things Ramsay's way.  No drama and a bit mousey.  I'm sure he saw all that in her.  I wish her all the best.  I'm sure we haven't seen the last of her.  She will show up on this show in future seasons like Christina, I'm sure.

I just binge watched season 17 and a woman named Meghan won. Michelle was in the final 3 but Ramsey eliminated her and  chose "T" and Meghan for the final 2. Can someone tell me I'm not crazy? LOL! 

1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

I just binge watched season 17 and a woman named Meghan won. Michelle was in the final 3 but Ramsey eliminated her and  chose "T" and Meghan for the final 2. Can someone tell me I'm not crazy? LOL! 

Are you sure you weren't watching season 14?

2 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

Yes

Well that's disappointing news! Something else that really bothers me is the enormous amount of food that gets thrown in the garbage. It might be slightly over-cooked or it sat at "the pass" a minute too long etc. but why can't they store it in a fridge (if possible) and send it to a homeless shelter or somewhere? Maybe it's a liability issue for the restaurant but it still bothers me!

On 2/2/2018 at 9:54 PM, whinewithwine said:

Elise is horrid, but she wasn't the worst tonight.

She may not have been the worst cook but when you have an attitude like her, there is no way you can be a leader. She may have done well in challenges and was a fighter in service but when you have a team loss and you sit there and refuse to do any of the punishment or half-ass the punishment, it only shows how you cant handle the heat. 

I have the entire season saved on my DVR and Ive been watching re-runs of past seasons on YouTube. All of the chefs that Gordon brought back were worthy of being brought back from a technical cooking standpoint, for the most part, they all could cook. From minute one I disliked Robyn and Milly and I cant really explain why - I just felt like Milly was using his skin color and saying stuff about being from the hood to gain sympathy points during confessionals and such (also, wtf was up with that beard ponytail shit, like, was it a clip in thing?) but he was amazing when he worked. With Robyn, I dont know, she just really annoyed me with this whole 'Im a lesbian' thing (I am in no way, shape or form, homophobic but its like 'ok we get it Robyn, you're gayer than a $2 bill, tone the shit down a bit') and the fact that not only did she bomb nearly all of her challenges but she was pretty lost in service as well. Throughout the season I really started to dislike Elise (At this point I had not seen her on season 9 but I knew and have read about some of her stuff and knew she was already the most hated person on the show) especially with how she took the team losses and her blatant refusal to do anything since her "dishes got perfect scores" its like, okay boo, but your team lost so, team win team loss right? I really dont think Ramsay made the right choice in keeping Robyn for the black jackets over Jennifer but he made the best choice in sending Elise home before. I really was hoping it would have been Michelle and Nick in the final showdown but Benjamin was a very good opponent. What stunned me was Michelle choosing Elise for her team, even though it was between her and Barbie. There was no way in hell I would have kept Elise in the kitchen, especially after her attitude during prep and throwing a glove in Dana's face (immature much?) but in the end, Michelle won and Elise cried. Had Elise been on Ben's team, there is no doubt in my mind she would have made a 110% effort to help him just to spite Michelle, proving that she isnt leader quality.