Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Point of Origin

Drogo
  • Start Topic

On 2/5/2018 at 11:42 PM, Lyanna19 said:

I was gonna argue with Bobby about him saying he murdered his family, but now I'm like: "GUILTY!!" How can he live with himself, knowing he is not called to question his involvement in the killing of 150 ppl? Something is off here, the writers need to rethink their drama.

On 2/6/2018 at 7:52 PM, Ohwell said:

If Bobby really wanted to atone for his mistake, then he should have admitted his role in the fire to the police.  Instead, he's a mopey, drunk and self-pitying ass and I can't stand him.  

Yeah, if Bobby was "just" responsible for his family's deaths and he needed to atone for that, I could accept it, but he was was complicit in the deaths of 150 people; it wasn't just the landlord's fault. 

I don't think Abby and Buck have any chemistry. I like Connie Britten, but Abby comes across less as a strong, independent woman and more as a clingy,  whiny loser.

On 2/3/2018 at 2:46 PM, mojoween said:

I must have misunderstood what this show was going to be about because I thought it was going to be more like a procedural, where we would have several 911 calls a show, rather than one where it’s all drama in the lives of the characters with a couple of calls.  That bums me out.

The car wash rescue was funny, but yeah, I was expecting more rescue and less soap opera.

• Love 1

I watched this episode out of curiosity over what happened to Bobby's family, but now that the curiosity has been satisfied, I think I am done with this show. I can live with the Hollywood-ized rescue scenes and I really like Connie Britton, but this show veers from boring to painfully awkward every episode. I also agree with those who just don't get Buck's appeal. Also, they are wasting Angela Basset.

• Love 3
On 2/3/2018 at 9:03 PM, NJRadioGuy said:

If you're interested, read this Wikipedia article on what happened, and how: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grenfell_Tower_fire. The failures that led to this are unimaginable, and had it not happened in real life but portrayed as such in the movies, I'd never have believed it possible in a first-world country in 2017.

So, I'm very late to this show and just binged to this episode.  I was just in London last year and the cab driver pointed out Grenfell Tower as we drove by on the way in from the airport.  It was just horrifying to look at the charred shell of this building after seeing the earlier videos of the fire and knowing what happened there.  And then, the cabbie pointing out how tight everything was in that area, how the hell they could ever tear that building down safely is beyond me. 

On 2/7/2018 at 10:20 PM, SmithW6079 said:

Yeah, if Bobby was "just" responsible for his family's deaths and he needed to atone for that, I could accept it, but he was was complicit in the deaths of 150 people; it wasn't just the landlord's fault. 

It's funny, I had just watched the previous episode when he said "Help" and I thought to myself, I actually may like this character Peter Krause is playing.  I have in the past found several of the characters he has played just insufferable.  I continue the binge to this episode, and wow, I don't care how good of an actor he is going forward, but nope.....just nope on this guy. 

(edited)

Peter Krause has become totally one-note to me.

Loved Sports Night and Six Feet Under,  but by Parenthood he was starting to bother me.

Maybe he wouldn't bother me in live theatre, where the actors' faces don't fill a screen, but he seems to have only one (smug) facial expression.

Edited by Brookside