Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E06: The Right Thing

• Start Topic

I don't know why Kelly talks about Brandon's "thick male ego" like it's cute and endearing and not exasperating and enraging. 

That red two-piece looks great on Donna.

Steve should not be at all surprised that Rush is skeevy. Moral ambiguity is hereditary! And is he not the OWNER of the paper? Brandon sure likes to pick and choose his moments of "journalistic integrity." Even that dolt should know running this story themselves, with the owner being a subject and the publisher being his son, would ruin any chance the paper has of building credibility in the community.

• Love 1

The close up of Donna's makeup needs a trigger warning.  It's an odd juxtaposition- while the red hair suits her so much better, the "cool toned" make up is just clasharoo.  If I remember my mid-late 90's timeline, isn't this when that brown lipstick was all the rage?  I remember hunting Macy's to find an actual shade of maroon (Mac's Verushka won for me).  

Child psychology??! I thought it was abnormal pych! Then how does she not see Val's parental abuse from a mile away?! 

I know it's pointless to critique the academic stuff, but what college lets you major in child psychology? Also, if they did, it's called developmental psychology. Usually it's a BA in psychology that you usually can't do actual counseling or diagnosis with. Shut up show.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, CurlyATX said:

Child psychology??! I thought it was abnormal pych! Then how does she not see Val's parental abuse from a mile away?!

Kelly would have had to actually attend class to learn anything about recognizing signs of any psychological trauma.  I'm still baffled that a grad program was actually considering her.

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Love 1

Having been a victim of identity theft, I am absolutely cringing that Donna was going to throw out the credit card letter in a clear trash bag!       Are you joking? I’ve shredded everything with even my address on it for ages.

9 hours ago, Crookshanks said:

Am I seeing this right? Rush is wearing the same outfit in the scene and in the photo? Way to go props department.

I definitely noticed this too and had to do a double take. They've given up on even trying at this point.

• Love 1

I tried to finish this show a few years ago and just could not get through it. It’s so much better just listening to your response to watching it. The more horrible the show gets the funnier the podcast gets. Thanks for taking the bullet for us all. 

• Love 3
20 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Kelly would have had to actually attend class to learn anything about recognizing signs of any psychological trauma.  I'm still baffled that a grad program was actually considering her.

Do you remember way back, when Val asked Kelly for her notes for a class and (surprise), Kelly was a bitch about it?  She lectured Val that she (Kelly) worked hard to attend the classes, etc etc.  Then, Kelly almost missed the final.  

Wait, was the cc offer in Donna or David's name? Did he freaking steal her card?

Doesn't David actually steal Donna's credit card at some point during this season too? 

Season 7 was rough, but everything from hear on out is really a slog. They should've just embraced the soapiness and kept up Kelly's amnesia for longer, had Donna go evil for a while, bring Dead Scott back from the dead. Who wants to watch Val mope over dead-eyed Noah, or Steve and Brandon fight about sweatshop ownership? How is that fun for anyone? 

An evil twin would have been very fun... though I think it shouldn't be Donna, but rather Kelly or maybe Val!  That could have been the other sibling she mentioned once a long time ago.  

Back from the dead would have been amazing for Scott or Brenda (new actress too).  

I think Felice is a nut job, but I have to agree with her that Donna always claims to be so in love with the guy she's with.. but whenever they inevitably break up, she doesn't let her sheets get dry before she jumps onto the next guy (probably not the best analogy for her, but you get the point). She did that with every boyfriend. I get that what David did was grounds for breaking up, but you lost your virginity to the guy very recently, dated him for years, have been best friends with him for years, but move on to another guy literally the day you break up. Good for you for proving to your obnoxious mom that she was right.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, CurlyATX said:

An evil twin would have been very fun... though I think it shouldn't be Donna, but rather Kelly or maybe Val!  That could have been the other sibling she mentioned once a long time ago.  

Back from the dead would have been amazing for Scott or Brenda (new actress too).  

LOL.  Kelly's evil twin could actual be likeable and not a hypocrite.  David's evil twin could be a supportive boyfriend and Brandon's evil (non-Brenda) twin could actually listen respectful to people.

22 hours ago, Earmuffs Mom said:

He forges one of her checks.

So he kind of repeats what he did when he was on drugs - scamming money from the people closest to him. He really is a horrible boyfriend/son/brother/friend. How were we ever supposed to ship David and Donna? 

• Love 2
On 27/01/2018 at 5:43 AM, Nanna said:

So he kind of repeats what he did when he was on drugs - scamming money from the people closest to him. He really is a horrible boyfriend/son/brother/friend. How were we ever supposed to ship David and Donna? 

To be fair he is nice to Felice and that's important.

I think he was horrible to Donna but decent to Val and Claire, especially Val with the whole professor who tried to sleep with her. 

Better sibling than Kelly though.