Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E18: Rounderbum, Brush Hero, Savy, Guzzle Buddy / S09.E19: Bouquet Bar, Zuvaa, The Wingman, The Pop

• Start Topic

(edited)
38 minutes ago, rhys said:

Why did Mark need to share that he goes commando? Urg!!!

I can't think of any situation that would necessitate telling someone that you are not wearing underwear. 

Does Barbara choose an outfit based on the color chair she plans to sit on?

Robert's story about wanting to drop out of college was cute. 

I would be so miffed if someone sent me something from Bouquet Bar rather than a gift card from a store. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I would be so miffed if someone sent me something from Bouquet Bar rather than a gift card from a store. 

Same here!! $75 for a couple tiny boxes of candies? That seems insane! Give me a $75 gift card please!

The life jacket exploding around the Spanx woman’s head made me think of the “Saw” movies! ? That looked dangerous.

i could not see the appeal of the wine bottle glass topper. That seems like it would make it so difficult and unwieldy to hold. It just looked stupid. 

• Love 2

I'm no water sports enthusiast (quite the understatement), but the question I have about the life jacket is how much of your head about you do you have if you are drowning? You have to find and firmly yank the rip cord for the jacket to inflate. One of the presenters said you can drown in 30 seconds. If you're kayaking or rafting and tossed over into rough water, can you inflate the thing in time?

Maybe you should be wearing life jacket diaper instead. I thought that was revolutionizing the industry.

The wine and beer glasses will be half off on the "as seen on TV" shelves at Rite Aid in six months. Ridiculous.

I kind of felt bad for the pricing tool lady as she got eaten alive (though hard to know if it was actually worse or better with the editing).  The idea itself seemed somewhat clever, though I don't know how many products go through multiple price drops.  And, there also seems to be a gap if your price is slightly higher than the discount.  So, if you say you'll pay $60 for the $100 dress, you aren't told when it goes to $65 and, in fact, you might have paid that.  I rather agreed with the consensus that she was there too soon and was too unfocused -- though Mark dropping out when she said she wasn't going to college seemed cruel.  He should have explained himself first, and then dropped out. 

Speaking of young entrepreneurs, can anyone remember an "update" when one of the products ostensibly made/marketed by kids ever made it big? Not saying it hasn't happened, only that I can't remember it.  And, thankfully, we've been mostly spared kiddie presenters this season.

Count me as one who did not see the allure of the glasses, other than as a one-time gag gift.  I tend to agree with Mark that, if you're regularly drinking wine or hard liquor this way, you have a problem.  And beer is easier to drink out of the bottle.

Edited by dogdays2
44 minutes ago, dogdays2 said:

Speaking of young entrepreneurs, can anyone remember an "update" when one of the products ostensibly made/marketed by kids ever made it big? Not saying it hasn't happened, only that I can't remember it.  And, thankfully, we've been mostly spared kiddie presenters this season.

Remember the girls with their mom who made jewelry from bottle caps, etc? They wound up in court... a lot... I posted about it in the memorable products thread a while back. 

I was also dubious of the life jacket. Although I can buy the argument that a smaller jacket may encourage more people to wear it -- a life jacket is most useful when you are in distress. If you hit your head, if the water is very cold, it is very wavy, etc. Times where you may not be able to pull the cord. Maybe if it has some minimal bouncy before you pop the inflatable part.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dogdays2 said:

Count me as one who did not see the allure of the glasses, other than as a one-time gag gift.  I tend to agree with Mark that, if you're regularly drinking wine or hard liquor this way, you have a problem.  And beer is easier to drink out of the bottle.

Barbara has a kid Ryan who sells dog treats. He and his mother were on an episode of Beyond the Tank. Basically the business became mom’s responsibility. I also recall updates on the make-up spatula (Spatty Daddy? ). I think she didn’t get a deal but Damon agreed to help her maybe. She seemed to be doing well. Then there was a teen girl who made skin care products for sensitive skin. I think her update showed she was doing well. 

My issue with the wine glass was it doesn’t do anything to eliminate backwash so it still really needs to be your own personal bottle. You also still end up with a glass to wash. It solves no problem and is definitely a gag gift.

I really liked the pacifier lady. I was shocked she went with Kevin. She knew she didn’t want to give up more equity so good for her. Mostly though I’m tired from hearing from the Sharks how much value they bring outside of their money. So many Shark Tank deals fall through or the businesses go under. Getting on the show is a great advertising whether you get the deal or not. 

I hated the drinking glass for a bottle.  Way to encourage binge drinking, etc.  I would not want to have to lift a wine bottle everything I wanted to sip/drink some of the wine.  It would be really hard to gauge how much drinking one had been doing.  If I'm having wine, I can count the number of glasses (well, usually...).  But by drinking straight out of the bottle it would be harder to track.  I think the sitcom that the woman was referencing was probably Cougar Town with the ongoing joke about how much wine Courtney Cox's character drank.

I am also tired of the female sharks promoting themselves as the best partners for some of the woman because "I'm a woman" or "I'm a mom."  Spanx lady really promoted that "and many of the women who work for me are moms..."  Well, that's pretty much true for most companies that have a lot of women working for them.  I think Kevin will be a good partner for the pacifier woman as he is building a platform for young marrieds/parents/etc. 

The life vest is just too expensive.  I agree that more people would be inclined to wear them as they are sleeker, etc.  But, cost is a factor. 

1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

I am also tired of the female sharks promoting themselves as the best partners for some of the woman because "I'm a woman" or "I'm a mom."  Spanx lady really promoted that "and many of the women who work for me are moms..."  Well, that's pretty much true for most companies that have a lot of women working for them.  I think Kevin will be a good partner for the pacifier woman as he is building a platform for young marrieds/parents/etc. 

I would bet that companies where most executives are women is still pretty rare. I’ve also found that companies can talk all they want about gender equality and opportunities for women, but if women are not in prominent leadership positions, it’s all just talk. While I’m skeptical about sharks touting their value, the video they showed of Sarah during her first appearance did emphasize the important roles women play in running her company. It appears to be an important issue to her and that is not always true in big corporations. 

1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

I hated that, especially since Sara tried to use that to justify asking for twice the equity (for the same amount of money) that Kevin asked for. I rarely root for Kevin to get the deal in a multi-offer situation, but I did this time just because I keep disliking Sara more and more. BTW, did the pacifier lady remind anyone else of Cobie Smulders (Robyn from How I Met Your Mother)?

I thought the African clothes looked very nice, much higher quality than any other clothes I've seen on Shark Tank. I didn't understand what Daymond meant by saying that investing in that company would make him a target. How is that business model riskier than his other clothing companies? Anyhoo, I hope that company does well and becomes the FarFetch equivalent for African designers.

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

I thought the African clothes looked very nice, much higher quality than any other clothes I've seen on Shark Tank. I didn't understand what Daymond meant by saying that investing in that company would make him a target. How is that business model riskier than his other clothing companies? Anyhoo, I hope that company does well and becomes the FarFetch equivalent for African designers.

I didn't understand what he meant, either. I'm not saying his reason for being out wasn't genuine but sometimes I think the Sharks just make up excuses as to why they are out.

• Love 1

I was also a little confused by Daymond's reason for declining.  Maybe he anticipates that with the goal of contracting with the maximum number of designers in Africa, there would be more potential plaintiffs who would find any minor excuse to file a lawsuit against Daymond, because he has deep pockets? I dunno....

The pacifier design was innovative and cool, but what I observe walking in my town is that a big problem is a mom not noticing that the pacifier has dropped from her child's mouth.  I walk past many pacifiers (and infants'/ toddlers' mittens and shoes and socks) on the sidewalk. My friend used to thread a short ribbon through the back of the pacifier and binder clip it to the collar/neckline of her son's shirt. Problem solved. (There was never a risk of strangulation or pinched fingers.) 

I do remember people who developed a pacifier that connected to something and therefore wouldn't drop.  Or is it the one that had two pacifiers and when one dropped the other was accessible.  Something like that.  

Dots and Stripes-I do appreciate your point about female executives and that the Spanx company hires females into those positions.  I had interpreted it a bit differently, but your point makes a lot of sense to me.

6 hours ago, dogdays2 said:

I kind of felt bad for the pricing tool lady as she got eaten alive (though hard to know if it was actually worse or better with the editing).  The idea itself seemed somewhat clever, though I don't know how many products go through multiple price drops. 

Remember a few episodes back when they savaged some kid, whose mother was backstage and everybody said he was a millennial who'd never been told "no" before?  I caught the same kind of vibe from this one--she said the sharks just didn't listen to her, and maybe it was just the editing, but she looked truly shocked each time one of them went out.

And, there also seems to be a gap if your price is slightly higher than the discount.  So, if you say you'll pay $60 for the $100 dress, you aren't told when it goes to $65 and, in fact, you might have paid that. 

That's what makes me stressed out about Ebay auctions, where you can put in your maximum bid.  Okay, $70.  But what if someone else bid $70 and I could have gotten it for $71?  Would I have paid the extra $1?  Probably.  Argh.  I'd rather just not know.

3 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

I have a very nice, buoyant life jacket that I use for kayaking. I’ve gone overboard, upside-down, more than a few times and every single time I’ve popped right up out of the water. This life vest looked like it would scare the shit out of anyone when it inflated.

I'd like to wear a life jacket when windsurfing, but they ALL ride up on me when I'm in the water, including kayaking ones made for women.  If you're using it when you're almost never actually in the water, a kayaking vest works great, if you're okay with the bulk

5 hours ago, bluefaun said:

I was also dubious of the life jacket. Although I can buy the argument that a smaller jacket may encourage more people to wear it -- a life jacket is most useful when you are in distress. If you hit your head, if the water is very cold, it is very wavy, etc. Times where you may not be able to pull the cord. Maybe if it has some minimal bouncy before you pop the inflatable part.

They admitted that the holy grail is one that automatically inflates, so it would work if somebody hit his head.  But you don't want one that would inflate every time somebody hit the water, so I don't see how that's functionally achievable.

Unless a person is unconscious, he'll be able to yank the cord.  My first reaction to everything is always to panic, and I've been in situations where I would have dearly loved to have been wearing a life jacket, but I had time to get out of them, and it took a lot longer and more presence of mind that pulling a ripcord.

But like standup paddlers on smooth water.  The odds of them falling and getting separated from their equipment are about zero, and wearing a bulky life jacket isn't an attractive proposition.  This would be perfect for that, except the cost, of course.  But you could think of it as, "How much would I pay not to have to wear a bulky life jacket but still have one available," and also take into account the money you're saving by not buying a regular life jacket.

Next time I go windsurfing, I'm going to give very serious consideration to getting one of the inflatable life jackets.  One issue they didn't address will be how it works with substantial exposure to salt water--does that do something to the CO2 cartridge?

37 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I do remember people who developed a pacifier that connected to something and therefore wouldn't drop.  Or is it the one that had two pacifiers and when one dropped the other was accessible.  Something like that. 

And the nipple part receded, but the flat part around it didn't, and that's right up against the baby's face, surrounding its mouth.  And that's been on the floor.  Not as bad as the nipple part touching the floor, but still.

And what if it fell straight down, so the nipple did hit the floor first?  You wouldn't even know it had happened, and you'd pop it back in the tot's mouth.

I remember some clip-on pacifiers.  Those seem like a better idea.

Nobody's mentioned the super-torque water-powered scrubbing brush that stopped whenever it touched something.  Could it be that they were using some sort of indoor faucet thing to get water to it, and there just wasn't enough water pressure?  And was Lori really going to invest until the guys left the room and Robert said, "There are other products like this" and Lori was all, "Really?  Are there really?  That's a game changer."

ETA:

Voiceover: "First into the Tank is an apparel brand to make men feel more confident."

Yeah, because that's a problem that needs solving.

I forgot about this day brightener. 

But really...if I were dating a guy and found out he wore padded underwear, I can't really see myself continuing the relationship.  Of course, men do it all the time with women wearing Spanx and padded bras, so maybe I'm just less tolerant.  But I have trouble envisioning a scenario where it wouldn't be a dealbreaker for me.

Edited by StatisticalOutlier
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

The pacifier design was innovative and cool

Actually, they've been around awhile. This one works better and has a much lower price point than hers:

https://myrazbaby.com/collections/pacifiers

She admitted hers will fall out of the kid's mouth just because he stops sucking on it. It sounds to me as though you'd spend more time picking it up off the floor/ground because of that. It would supposedly still be clean when you picked it up, but you'd be chasing it down a lot more.

16 hours ago, rhys said:

Why did Mark need to share that he goes commando? Urg!!!

Yeahhh, I think that was a piece of information we all could've done without.

7 hours ago, dogdays2 said:

I rather agreed with the consensus that she was there too soon and was too unfocused -- though Mark dropping out when she said she wasn't going to college seemed cruel.  He should have explained himself first, and then dropped out. 

Mark has dropped out at some odd points during a few of the entrepreneurs' presentation or during questioning.

7 hours ago, dogdays2 said:

I kind of felt bad for the pricing tool lady as she got eaten alive (though hard to know if it was actually worse or better with the editing).  The idea itself seemed somewhat clever, though I don't know how many products go through multiple price drops.  And, there also seems to be a gap if your price is slightly higher than the discount.  So, if you say you'll pay $60 for the $100 dress, you aren't told when it goes to $65 and, in fact, you might have paid that.  I rather agreed with the consensus that she was there too soon and was too unfocused -- though Mark dropping out when she said she wasn't going to college seemed cruel.  He should have explained himself first, and then dropped out. 

Why couldn't the store add the "notify me if the price hits x$" to their own site? Why would they need to use her app? 

3 hours ago, chocolatine said:

I thought the African clothes looked very nice, much higher quality than any other clothes I've seen on Shark Tank.

I keep waiting for someone to ask if the clothes were dry-clean or hand wash only. I rarely buy anything that isn't machine washable.

I love seeing wide-eyed naïve millennials finally get a taste of the real world and you can see them mentally go through the realization that they're not going to get a participation trophy. Also not using your scholarship is the dumbest move ever regardless what you have going on. The connections along you gain from going to school is worth it's price in gold.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

Remember a few episodes back when they savaged some kid, whose mother was backstage and everybody said he was a millennial who'd never been told "no" before?  I caught the same kind of vibe from this one--she said the sharks just didn't listen to her, and maybe it was just the editing, but she looked truly shocked each time one of them went out.

They listened to her and it was a stupid idea by a wide-eyed naïve millennial trying to fix something that wasn't broken.

7 minutes ago, Skyfall said:

I love seeing wide-eyed naïve millennials finally get a taste of the real world and you can see them mentally go through the realization that they're not going to get a participation trophy. Also not using your scholarship is the dumbest move ever regardless what you have going on. The connections along you gain from going to school is worth it's price in gold.

oh another oldie wanting millennial's to get taste of real world. goodie...what will we kids do with the older smarter efficient generation (yet you use products made by the millennial's)/

and your right going to college and having 200K debt and landing a 9 to 5 job is always the right way.

i think the show has gotten stale and boring. too many underwear ...like it really adds confidence...or that stupid glass in wine (have no idea why anyone would want that) . and god i hate the spanx lady. her mouth is so big..and she is just weird person.

i do have a questions...why does anyone ever refuse a deal..however stupid since they can backout after the fact. if it were i would accept any deal given to get the publicity and news that i made a deal. like most know only 1 out 4 deals close anyways in the end..so why refuse at all.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, ilovetvshows2018 said:

oh another oldie wanting millennial's to get taste of real world. goodie...what will we kids do with the older smarter efficient generation (yet you use products made by the millennial's)/

and your right going to college and having 200K debt and landing a 9 to 5 job is always the right way.

i think the show has gotten stale and boring. too many underwear ...like it really adds confidence...or that stupid glass in wine (have no idea why anyone would want that) . and god i hate the spanx lady. her mouth is so big..and she is just weird person.

I fall under the general "millennial" umbrella. There is a clear break though of those who are sane and have gone through the real world (my group, born in the late 80s and very early 90s) and the true millennials that everyone bitches about. The airport and Savy app makers falls into the latter group. Also tell me how she's going to have a 200k debt with a scholarship? I got the sense that it was a full ride scholarship.

2 minutes ago, Skyfall said:

I fall under the general "millennial" umbrella. There is a clear break though of those who are sane and have gone through the real world (my group, born in the late 80s and very early 90s) and the true millennials that everyone bitches about. The airport and Savy app makers falls into the latter group. Also tell me how she's going to have a 200k debt with a scholarship? I got the sense that it was a full ride scholarship.

just because they have a different way of approaching things does not bean they need to go through real world. i am sure your group also bitches about things that may appear a joke to the current true millennials.  and my college comment was more in general .. having a college degree does not work for everyone. Mark was being an asshole by going out like that when she said she didnt want to college for a while. so by that mark should be only dealing with college graduates as the ppl he makes deal with which i am sure is not the case.

8 minutes ago, ilovetvshows2018 said:

just because they have a different way of approaching things does not bean they need to go through real world. i am sure your group also bitches about things that may appear a joke to the current true millennials.  and my college comment was more in general .. having a college degree does not work for everyone. Mark was being an asshole by going out like that when she said she didnt want to college for a while. so by that mark should be only dealing with college graduates as the ppl he makes deal with which i am sure is not the case.

Sorry but everyone needs to go through the real world at some point. Also Mark has been consistent about wanting the younger people he deals with to go to college.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

But really...if I were dating a guy and found out he wore padded underwear, I can't really see myself continuing the relationship.  Of course, men do it all the time with women wearing Spanx and padded bras, so maybe I'm just less tolerant.  But I have trouble envisioning a scenario where it wouldn't be a dealbreaker for me.

I remember the guy from a few episodes back - I believe he was sobbing and his mommy was comforting him? At least this pitcher took a different approach, saying that the sharks made her angry (I think that was the word she used). Lol. If none of the sharks think you have a good idea, or are far enough along to prove your concept, chances are they are right. Maybe she will prove them wrong, but I wouldn't count on it.

I actually liked the underwear idea. I have often felt sorry for men that the women they think they are dating often look nothing like the real thing. Once you take off all the makeup, fake eyelashes, hair extensions, spanx, push up bra, padded butt, etc. I just consider it pay back - lol. My husband is tall and well built, but can't fill out the butt on a pair of jeans/pants to save his life. I have even had some of his jeans/pants taken in by a tailor as they fit fine everywhere else. As we were watching the show I turned to him and asked him if he would like me to order him the butt padding. We both had a good laugh over it. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue

Honest question here as I (and no one in my immediate circle) have children but back when I used to baby sit, there was a pacifer clip it has a ribbon and you fastened it on one end to any pacifer and the other clipped to the baby’s clothing. I’m probably not explaining it right but does anyone know what I’m talking about? Do they still exist?

• Love 1

The whole point about the entitled princess who sat on her scholarship was that it was a scholarship and she should have at least TRIED going to college before she pooh-pooed the idea.  She's probably living with mommy and will continue to do so forever.  

And, on the opposite end of the spectrum, I HATE the people who go to school, become doctors, etc., and then chuck the whole thing to sell underwear or widgets.

To both, SOMEBODY ELSE would have killed to have that schooling that you threw away!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ilovetvshows2018 said:

Mark was an asshole for the way he went out. But that girl also seemed a bit unprepared for being in the tank. Maybe she was just nervous, but it sounded like she didn't understand their questions and was expecting a lot more positive feedback. A lot of people from all ages can get like that though. 

Doesn't the "older generation" always find some way to complain about the "younger generation."  The silent generation didn't get baby boomers, baby boomers didn't get gen X, and now gen X doesn't get millennials.  In twenty years millennials will be complaining about whatever name they have given to young people then.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, basiltherat said:

The whole point about the entitled princess who sat on her scholarship was that it was a scholarship and she should have at least TRIED going to college before she pooh-pooed the idea.  She's probably living with mommy and will continue to do so forever. 

I think she said she was living with her parents, but had recently moved out, maybe to North Carolina?

11 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

Doesn't the "older generation" always find some way to complain about the "younger generation." 

Yes, but millennials are uniquely annoying.

17 minutes ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

I think she said she was living with her parents, but had recently moved out, maybe to North Carolina?

Yes, but millennials are uniquely annoying.

i agree some are. but so are the old hags from 1990 and before.  bitching about every damm thing .. how they miss Sears.....blah blah blah. Totally annoying. goes both ways.

57 minutes ago, basiltherat said:

And, on the opposite end of the spectrum, I HATE the people who go to school, become doctors, etc., and then chuck the whole thing to sell underwear or widgets.

To both, SOMEBODY ELSE would have killed to have that schooling that you threw away!

its her scholarship..she has freedom to do whatso with it. and she said she will go later but not right now. i didnt go to college because i went to work for my providing for my family after some personal family losses. but i am going now . plus college degree is a 200K peice of paper that has no value. i know lot more that a graduate would from a college ion my field.

3 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I actually liked the underwear idea. I have often felt sorry for men that the women they think they are dating often look nothing like the real thing. Once you take off all the makeup, fake eyelashes, hair extensions, spanx, push up bra, padded butt, etc. I just consider it pay back - lol. My husband is tall and well built, but can't fill out the butt on a pair of jeans/pants to save his life. I have even had some of his jeans/pants taken in by a tailor as they fit fine everywhere else. As we were watching the show I turned to him and asked him if he would like me to order him the butt padding. We both had a good laugh over it. 

It's obvious when a woman is wearing makeup, including false eyelashes, though. Push-up bras are obvious (breasts don't naturally sit high up directly under a woman's chin). Shapers have become standard underwear for a lot of women.

So many women wear hair extensions now--and they see them on reality TV and internet "stars"--that people have a skewed version of what real hair looks like. Lori wears pretty obvious hair extensions. When hair is super long and super thick, it's pretty safe to assume that it's full of extensions or clip-in pieces.

These "enhancements" for women all exist not only because of vanity but because of societal and cultural norms and expectations that just don't exist for men.

Without getting too further off topic, I'll say that just because people choose to fool themselves doesn't mean fake is okay or authentic.

The underwear was ridiculous. No padding, please!

Mark's point was never about needing a college degree nor was it ever stated in such a way that suggested that college is a prerequisite to working with him. The girl presented a business that had no sales, no confirmed orders and no proof that the technology was proprietary or scaleable. The key to success for her business is creating a technological platform that would make it preferable for stores to partner with her rather than replicate the same technology that they could feature on their own official website. All Mark meant was that he wasn't going to invest in her business so that she could learn by trail and error on his dime when she has a scholarship to a program where she would have the opportunity to learn by trial and error free of charge. After all of that, she walked away with an entitled attitude claiming that the Sharks weren't listening to her or didn't give her a chance. She's the one making the pitch - it's not their job to clarify for her what she means each time she opens her mouth and says something. If she felt she wasn't being heard, then a bit of humility would help her see that the issue was her lacking clarity, not that they lacked the ability to listen. And further, saying she doesn't need them was an immature rebuttal. If that's how she really felt she wouldn't have been there in the first place. I guess I'm considered part of the millennial generation myself and can say whether you agree with the stereotype or not, her approach and follow-up comments did fit the checklist of the entitled millennial stereotype that older generations talk about. But it's fine, in a couple of decades from now, millennials will be complaining about the entitled new generation (whatever the hell they decide to call them). 

As for some of the other products - the cup attachments for wine and beer seemed like a novelty item that would lose it's shine. How many people would really use that? I mean, if you think you need a product like that to drink your wine, maybe you need to re-assess your drinking habits, lol. 

Maybe I'm not rich enough but some chocolates for $75 and some roses for $155? No sir, that's not for me. 

The Zuvaa clothing line had beautiful pieces. I was really impressed with her presentation. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, bilgistic said:

It's obvious when a woman is wearing makeup, including false eyelashes, though. Push-up bras are obvious (breasts don't naturally sit high up directly under a woman's chin). Shapers have become standard underwear for a lot of women.

So many women wear hair extensions now--and they see them on reality TV and internet "stars"--that people have a skewed version of what real hair looks like. Lori wears pretty obvious hair extensions. When hair is super long and super thick, it's pretty safe to assume that it's full of extensions or clip-in pieces.

These "enhancements" for women all exist not only because of vanity but because of societal and cultural norms and expectations that just don't exist for men.

Without getting too further off topic, I'll say that just because people choose to fool themselves doesn't mean fake is okay or authentic.

The underwear was ridiculous. No padding, please!

Some women without makeup don't look all that much different than with. (I am one of those, as I wear very little). Other women look totally different. (Which is why I find the stars without makeup shots so funny as many are not recognizable). I should have said padded bra rather than push up bra. I can't tell if a woman is wearing one or not, nor can I tell if a woman is wearing extensions for the most part. Likely because I have never been a girly girl and do not fuss about my looks. So if I can't tell, I certainly don't expect many men to be able to tell. Also most of the women I know in their 20s and 30s do not wear a ton of make up, extensions, etc. etc. They are very natural, and do not feel the need to conform. Others do. If guys want to be vain, go for it. No skin off my nose. 

That's what makes me stressed out about Ebay auctions, where you can put in your maximum bid.  Okay, $70.  But what if someone else bid $70 and I could have gotten it for $71?  Would I have paid the extra $1?  Probably.  Argh.  I'd rather just not know.

I think there is a feature on eBay that lets you choose a higher dollar max amount that you will let eBay automatically increase your bid up to, when someone else has equaled your bid.

BTW, did the pacifier lady remind anyone else of Cobie Smulders (Robyn from How I Met Your Mother)?

Yes, I absolutely noticed it at the time.

1 hour ago, bilgistic said:

Color me confused, too. Someone born in 1990 will turn 28 this year. I'm 43. Come on!

lol i was kidding. making a point. should have said 1980. i was born in 1997

2 hours ago, Midnight Sun said:

What the hell - "old hags?"  This old hag finds that comment fucking unnecessary.

my bad..was making a point. not calling out anyone personally.

8 hours ago, ilovetvshows2018 said:

its her scholarship..she has freedom to do whatso with it. and she said she will go later but not right now. i didnt go to college because i went to work for my providing for my family after some personal family losses. but i am going now . plus college degree is a 200K peice of paper that has no value. i know lot more that a graduate would from a college ion my field.

Sorry, but when arguing that a college degree has "no value", you may want to use proper grammar, spelling, and capitalization.  

That girl said she had a scholarship to UMich School of Engineering, which is a public university with annual tuition of $15k, plus she had a scholarship (which most likely was revoked when she deferred).  In fields like engineering, a degree is more or less required.  Once you do have a degree, it's not hard to get a job making $100k+ plus stock right out of school nowadays, especially from a top engineering school like UMich.  I was in a similar situation (scholarship to public university, which covered tuition but not living expenses), and I paid off loans used for living expenses within a year of graduating.  So I think she made a poor decision in passing up that scholarship, especially since she could have continued to pursue her businesses on the side while attending school.

Edited by cguo
  • Love 2

lol i was kidding. making a point. should have said 1980. i was born in 1997

Oh, 1980 - that makes all the difference now, doesn't it? 

News flash - the average life expectancy of an American woman is 78.74 years.  You've got a long way to go, baby.  ;-)

• Love 1
6 hours ago, cguo said:

Sorry, but when arguing that a college degree has "no value", you may want to use proper grammar, spelling, and capitalization.  

Thank you!

I've never gone to college but I know that punctuation is your friend. 

14 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Mark was an asshole for the way he went out. But that girl also seemed a bit unprepared for being in the tank. Maybe she was just nervous, but it sounded like she didn't understand their questions and was expecting a lot more positive feedback. A lot of people from all ages can get like that though. 

Doesn't the "older generation" always find some way to complain about the "younger generation."  The silent generation didn't get baby boomers, baby boomers didn't get gen X, and now gen X doesn't get millennials.  In twenty years millennials will be complaining about whatever name they have given to young people then.

This reminds me! I laughed out loud when she asked about a word/phrase they used that she should’ve known seeing as she was on Shark Tank. I can’t recall the word/phrase at the moment but that made it clear to me she was illy prepared and needed college.

6 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Oh, 1980 - that makes all the difference now, doesn't it? 

News flash - the average life expectancy of an American woman is 78.74 years.  You've got a long way to go, baby.  ;-)

Right, 1980?! So I'm definitely an old hag since I was born in 1974. Jesus.

Edited by bilgistic