Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E03: I Will Survive

• Start Topic

On January 23, 2018 at 10:25 PM, DakotaJustice said:

A useless, pointless gift from a useless, pointless man. 

It sounds like something you'd buy on QVC or Home Shopping Network at 2 am.

The Brown Clowns are forever chasing empty symbolic gestures. Their commitment ceremony a few years back was riddled with them, so much was made of that "useless, pointless" ceremony to make it seem so important, but just rang false, and at times, comical. Their ridiculous "mission statement" that they all had to sign, the rose ceremony from the kids to the moms, the melding of the sands into one, big beaker of mess, the whole thing was one big, long, endless symbolic gesture. The claddagh rings they all have to have, the attempted symbolisms of their awful, awful jewelry (that Meri hated btw...wasn't her symbolic representation 'loyalty' or something ironic like that? Lol lol!) The stupid watches Kody is obsessed with...I think it's a way for Kody to achieve some very much desired 'gravitas' for the whole lot of them. Kody is himself "useless, pointless" is correct. 

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, seasons said:

No new episode tonight? My cable info says "new" but s7ep16 "meri's crazy idea"?

My cable for TLC shows 8pm "Meri's Crazy Idea" S9/Ep4, Meri has big news about what she wants to buy, although it's not what the Brown's were....

That seems to be in line with the previews, could be your provider just mixed up the season and episodes.  Hope so, because I am eagerly looking forward to how Meri will attempt to use her powers of persuasion to convince the group to provide a home for her mother.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

My cable for TLC shows 8pm "Meri's Crazy Idea" S9/Ep4, Meri has big news about what she wants to buy, although it's not what the Brown's were....

That seems to be in line with the previews, could be your provider just mixed up the season and episodes.  Hope so, because I am eagerly looking forward to how Meri will attempt to use her powers of persuasion to convince the group to provide a home for her mother.

Oh OK, thanks @Sandy W. The episode description made sense but not the season or episode numbers.

• Love 1
On January 26, 2018 at 11:04 PM, RoxieRambles said:

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've watched sister wives from the beginning and I am fully invested in this family ? they get on my nerves sure, but i also see the good in them...lol...anyways....just thought I'd introduce myself ? Hello everyone!

RIGHT!? Diapers would have been a ridiculous gift...

When I was pregnant with my first, my coworkers threw me a shower and one of the many gifts I received was 2 GIANT boxes of diapers from cosco, maybe 3...it was 16 years ago. I was very blessed and was lucky to have a few showers from different pockets of family and friends, so I received many gifts. After all of these years, and tons of gifts, the diapers bulk was my most favorite, treasured, memorable gift! Lol lol lol! .... I had no idea what was to come :)

• Love 2
On January 27, 2018 at 9:49 AM, AZChristian said:

Welcome Roxierambles!  

I've had a lot of birthdays.  Unless I asked for diapers for my baby as a gift, I'd better not get them!  A gift card for maternity clothes would have been fine, but not something for the baby.  Oh . . . and not a watch for my husband, even if I was getting one.

(My birthday is 9 days before Christmas, and my birthday gift had better be a birthday gift - not something wrapped in Christmas paper.)

My birthday is November 23rd and very often falls on thanksgiving, or right before thanksgiving, or right after thanksgiving. I grew up with friends not going to my parties because they were always going to grandmas! Lol (my parents never thought to move any of my parties). I would kill for a gift wrapped in Christmas paper, or turkey-printed paper. Lol lol I'm ALWAYS an afterthought...everyone is always crazed this time of year...but I'm ok with it :)  my solution is to have my own special birthday with myself. I always take a day off from work a week before, no matter how busy, spend the day shopping for myself-buy whatever I want, eat my favorite foods all day, and do whatever. I. want. I LOVE IT!!! :) unlike people who always groan about another birthday coming up, I can't wait! I treat myself GOOD! Maybe this year I'll get myself a piñata of myself!

Edited by VedaPierce
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

My birthday is November 23rd and very often falls on thanksgiving, or right before thanksgiving, or right after thanksgiving. I grew up with friends not going to my parties because they were always going to grandmas! Lol (my parents never thought to move any of my parties). I would kill for a gift wrapped in Christmas paper, or turkey-printed paper. Lol lol I'm ALWAYS an afterthought...everyone is always crazed this time of year...but I'm ok with it :)  my solution is to have my own special birthday with myself. I always take a day off from work a week before, no matter how busy, spend the day shopping for myself-buy whatever I want, eat my favorite foods all day, and do whatever I want. I LOVE IT!!! :) I treat myself GOOD! Maybe this year I'll get myself a piñata of myself!

OOOOOOOOooo!!!!   Will you fill it with Mexican candy?  Or the white people candy?   OOOOOOO I KNOW!  Go crazy - do BOTH!

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

OOOOOOOOooo!!!!   Will you fill it with Mexican candy?  Or the white people candy?   OOOOOOO I KNOW!  Go crazy - do BOTH!

Haha! Actually, the Mexican hot chocolate sounds DELISH! Chocolate, vanilla, cinnamon, evaporated milk...what's not to love...throw in a shot of rum and I'm there!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, VedaPierce said:

When I was pregnant with my first, my coworkers threw me a shower and one of the many gifts I received was 2 GIANT boxes of diapers from cosco, maybe 3...it was 16 years ago. I was very blessed and was lucky to have a few showers from different pockets of family and friends, so I received many gifts. After all of these years, and tons of gifts, the diapers bulk was my most favorite, treasured, memorable gift! Lol lol lol! .... I had no idea what was to come :)

I've seen lots of people get diapers at baby showers. Very appropriate. Less special to receive them as a birthday gift from you father. At least they could try and sell those watches for some cash.

• Love 3

Of course, Meri HAS to wear a Disney-motif shirt, no doubt Lularoe crap.  

I wonder if Maddie gets a cut of Meri's sales receipts?  Maddie should have told her to stick it when Meri asked her to help hawk that awful stuff.  After all, she (Meri) is above doing anything for the kids.  God forbid they mess up her anal-retentive looking house.

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, VedaPierce said:

Omg! Enough with the Disney crap!! 

And mariah has the ugliest eyebrows after Uncle Leo. Did she draw that shit on with a sharpie?? Damn, girl!

And she had the gall to critique Meri's, (although Meri's are ghastly to the other extreme).  Maybe that accounts for the large shades on Meri, out of sight, out of mind.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

That seems to be in line with the previews, could be your provider just mixed up the season and episodes.

TLC connected several fall/spring seasons in the past and now the numbering is off. I have to keep looking at the last episode to remember where we are at when I start a new topic.

1 hour ago, VedaPierce said:

Haha! Actually, the Mexican hot chocolate sounds DELISH! Chocolate, vanilla, cinnamon, evaporated milk...what's not to love...throw in a shot of rum and I'm there!

Surprised that Tony didn't point out that it wasn't AUTHENTIC Mexican hot chocolate. Christine's used semi sweet Toll House morsels. 

Mexican chocolate is quite different from American style chocolate - just adding cinnamon (which isn't even Mexican - it's from Asia) didn't make it Mexican.

Christine could have gone to one of the bazillion Mexican groceries that I'm sure are in Vegas, or even just her local Walmart, and purchased Abeulita chocolate tablets...

https://www.nestleusa.com/brands/international-products/abuelita

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Surprised that Tony didn't point out that it wasn't AUTHENTIC Mexican hot chocolate. Christine's used semi sweet Toll House morsels. 

Mexican chocolate is quite different from American style chocolate - just adding cinnamon (which isn't even Mexican - it's from Asia) didn't make it Mexican.

Christine could have gone to one of the bazillion Mexican groceries that I'm sure are in Vegas, or even just her local Walmart, and purchased Abeulita chocolate tablets...

https://www.nestleusa.com/brands/international-products/abuelita

She gave it a go, made it from scratch and everyone seemed to like it, or so we were told. I don't think it's a big deal if it wasn't 100% AUTHENTIC down to the last ingredient. 

Incidently, I've had the instant Abuelita and it's pretty good!

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

The Brown Clowns are forever chasing empty symbolic gestures. Their commitment ceremony a few years back was riddled with them, so much was made of that "useless, pointless" ceremony to make it seem so important, but just rang false, and at times, comical. Their ridiculous "mission statement" that they all had to sign, the rose ceremony from the kids to the moms, the melding of the sands into one, big beaker of mess, the whole thing was one big, long, endless symbolic gesture. The claddagh rings they all have to have, the attempted symbolisms of their awful, awful jewelry (that Meri hated btw...wasn't her symbolic representation 'loyalty' or something ironic like that? Lol lol!) The stupid watches Kody is obsessed with...I think it's a way for Kody to achieve some very much desired 'gravitas' for the whole lot of them. Kody is himself "useless, pointless" is correct. 

Ah memories...Kody on camera describing Meri's "loyalty" idea for her pendant, but first wanting a dog because she is so loyal...like a well loved Labrador. Isn't that how we all want our husband's to describe us as?

• Love 8
On 1/22/2018 at 4:33 PM, Gothish520 said:

I love Christine - even when she was running around the house yelling, I thought she was hilarious. Life's too short, why not be silly and have fun!

I know we've all been saying it, but how do you not know a party is going on in your own family cul-de-sac? I know when the strangers down the street are having a gathering, never mind my own family next door!

This! I call BS on Meri's claims that she had no idea Garrison was back home. The Browns aren't the Duggars. They are very vocal people. I have no doubt that Meri knew something was happening, even if she wasn't sure what was happening. She just didn't care enough to go check. Kody was barbecuing outside and he is a very loud person. I think she wanted the rest of the family to beg for her attendance and they weren't going to do that. She is so far removed from the family by her own doing and if she wants out, that's fine. But she can't also then try to guilt the family because they don't include her much anymore.

I, too, love Christine. She seems so genuine in her love for the kids. She can be silly and weird, but she seems to mean well.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

I feel like they will all be seriously pissed off that Christine is giving Tony a claddagh ring. It’s a “special” thing between the wives, and Kody and daughters. To give to Tony just kinda waters down the special. 

7 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Of course, Meri HAS to wear a Disney-motif shirt, no doubt Lularoe crap.  

I wonder if Maddie gets a cut of Meri's sales receipts?  Maddie should have told her to stick it when Meri asked her to help hawk that awful stuff.  After all, she (Meri) is above doing anything for the kids.  God forbid they mess up her anal-retentive looking house.

Wouldn’t it be the other way? Isn’t it a pyramid scheme? So Meri would be above Maddie and get commission. 

• Love 4

Maddie has her own LuLaRoe private Facebook group. She hasn’t posted on the public Facebook page since December. This was her post describing an event:

Come shop and hang! A variety of different vend9rs will be there, along with LuLaToe, Pink Zebra, Paparazzi Jewlery and Park Lane Jewlery.

@Meghzie, I did think of that, but since Maddie was presumably doing some of Meri's work (taking orders, shipping, etc.), I thought there must have been some enticement to lure Maddie in, in the first place.  But since we know of Meri's 'everything is about me' attitude, you are probably right.  It's just crazy that any of the kids want anything to do with Meri, the Queen of All that is Selfish.  

9 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

@Meghzie, I did think of that, but since Maddie was presumably doing some of Meri's work (taking orders, shipping, etc.), I thought there must have been some enticement to lure Maddie in, in the first place.  But since we know of Meri's 'everything is about me' attitude, you are probably right.  It's just crazy that any of the kids want anything to do with Meri, the Queen of All that is Selfish.  

Meri probably thought Maddie should be grateful to serve an unpaid internship under her guidance.

• Love 2
On 1/27/2018 at 3:06 PM, ghoulina said:

I can agree with this, but I can't really blame her. She's probably had to fight for attention her entire life - from her father to her husband. 

I can see that.  One wonders then, though, why she would choose plural marriage. 

I hardly watch this show, but don’t get why Maddie and Caleb are treated as such the Golden Couple.  They don’t seem to have accomplished much except freeloading, not that I like Mykelti or Tony much either, but to me all four seem like nothing special.  Also does anyone know how old Tony is?   With all that being said, I guess I shouldn’t  expect much from them, they’ve watched the elder Browns scheme and freeload for how many years now?  Logan seems to be doing well (good for him) and, on a side, can TLC please get Meri and Mariah some non-fucked-up eyebrows

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I've asked about how old Tony is before, but, no one must know.  

I'm fairly certain I heard 23 yo for Tony.  He couldn't be much younger, when you consider his very important position in banking. ;

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

I hardly watch this show, but don’t get why Maddie and Caleb are treated as such the Golden Couple. 

• Kody likes Janelle more than Christine
  • Christine ate nachos 25 years ago and it grossed Kody out and the repercussions are felt to this day
  • Christine has all those needy daughters so he probably hung out at Janelle's more, 'cause she had all those manly-men Brown boys
  • Both Maddie and Mykelti have minds of their own but Kody respects Janelle more than Christine and it trickles down to their daughters
  • Kody has an obvious man-crush on Caleb
  • Love 13
42 minutes ago, laurakaye said:
  • Kody likes Janelle more than Christine
  • Christine ate nachos 25 years ago and it grossed Kody out and the repercussions are felt to this day
  • Christine has all those needy daughters so he probably hung out at Janelle's more, 'cause she had all those manly-men Brown boys
  • Both Maddie and Mykelti have minds of their own but Kody respects Janelle more than Christine and it trickles down to their daughters
  • Kody has an obvious man-crush on Caleb

* Janelle is too zoned out to have expectations for s.e.x. with Kody.  Christine lives with eternal optimism that someday she will find her place in the roster.

Edited by Sandy W
spelling error
  • Love 6
35 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

He really can't be in a public position, can he?  I'd change banks.

I envision people in the snake line at the bank.  The following scenario might occur if these are returning customers, familiar with Tony's "sense of humor."

Tony finishes up with a customer and say, "Next, please."  The person at the front of the line turns to the person behind him/her and says, "You go ahead."  At which point the second person in line turns to the third person and says the same thing.  Lather, rinse, repeat.

• Love 10

Please someone correct me if I heard this wrong.  I'm behind in episodes too, so hopefully this is the right one and I zone out normally.  When the wives went to change for their dress rehearsal, one of them said they never have changed clothes in front of each other.  What???  They all wore bathing suits in Hawaii but they all share a penis.  They all kind of freaked over the situation.  No wonder I can't stand these people.  They're so fake there should be a consumer protection investigation.

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Otter said:

Please someone correct me if I heard this wrong.  I'm behind in episodes too, so hopefully this is the right one and I zone out normally.  When the wives went to change for their dress rehearsal, one of them said they never have changed clothes in front of each other.  What???  They all wore bathing suits in Hawaii but they all share a penis.  They all kind of freaked over the situation.  

The only thing I can think of as to why they are so adamant about saying things like that is maybe they think some people think there is some sort of sexual romping amongst them since logistically they could all be sleeping with Kody.    Quite frankly, this is one of the most unattractive groups of people I’ve ever seen, so I’m happy to believe they all are keeping their clothes on, preferably at all times.  The only thing I can say remotely positive about their physical appearance is I think Christine’s hair is pretty.  Kody’s gut is bursting out of his shirt in almost every episode and what remains of his hair looks to be sprigs from an old straw broom, Janelle’s dead eyes and white frosted eye shadow creep me out, Robyn seems to be aging like spoiled milk, and Meri is giving Donald Trump a run for his money with the orange tan, and the perpetually fucked up eyebrows don’t help.

• Love 19

Quite frankly, this is one of the most unattractive groups of people I’ve ever seen, so I’m happy to believe they all are keeping their clothes on, preferably at all times.  The only thing I can say remotely positive about their physical appearance is I think Christine’s hair is pretty.  Kody’s gut is bursting out of his shirt in almost every episode and what remains of his hair looks to be sprigs from an old straw broom, Janelle’s dead eyes and white frosted eye shadow creep me out, Robyn seems to be aging like spoiled milk, and Meri is giving Donald Trump a run for his money with the orange tan, and the perpetually fucked up eyebrows don’t help.

I wish I could give this 15 likes!

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Irate Panda said:

The only thing I can think of as to why they are so adamant about saying things like that is maybe they think some people think there is some sort of sexual romping amongst them since logistically they could all be sleeping with Kody.    Quite frankly, this is one of the most unattractive groups of people I’ve ever seen, so I’m happy to believe they all are keeping their clothes on, preferably at all times.

I can understand their not wanting to be naked in front of each other a little bit.  Because, ultimately, for all the bullshit they peddle about how this family dynamic is soooo superior to a traditional monogamous marriage, I'd think that on some level they all have to be constantly comparing themselves to each other (at least those who still give a fuck what Kody thinks).  And it apparently never occurs to them to question their "theology" when that "theology" forces them into situations which push so hard against every instinct of basic human nature that they have.

On a related note, I've been watching that Seeking Sister Wives.  Compared to this Sister Wives crew, the guys on that show are practically living at the Playboy Mansion!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Alapaki said:

I can understand their not wanting to be naked in front of each other a little bit.  Because, ultimately, for all the bullshit they peddle about how this family dynamic is soooo superior to a traditional monogamous marriage, I'd think that on some level they all have to be constantly comparing themselves to each other (at least those who still give a fuck what Kody thinks).  And it apparently never occurs to them to question their "theology" when that "theology" forces them into situations which push so hard against every instinct of basic human nature that they have.

On a related note, I've been watching that Seeking Sister Wives.  Compared to this Sister Wives crew, the guys on that show are practically living at the Playboy Mansion!

You know, I have to say, one of the things I like about the Browns is that it appears Kody is not hung up on looks when it comes to women.

That's not to say I think the wives are ugly, because I don't. There are weight issues, yes, but that doesn't bother some men, and obviously Kody is one of them. Meri was more attractive when she was younger. But age, stress, and health issues can take their toll on looks. Christine looks great IMO. She is fair and fair skin often wrinkles easier. That's genetics. Creams and lotions can help, but there's no miracle line eraser out there, no matter what the cosmetics industry would have us believe. Janelle has weight issues but she's still a pretty woman. Robyn has a strong face that's not for everyone, but she's hardly a dog. And she has great hair. There was a very cute scene between Kody and her where she mentioned her chin, and he touched it lightly and said "it's a great chin". Who wouldn't want their husband to say something so sweet?

Lordy, I must be in a sentimental mood today, lol!

As for Kody, I'm saying it - he's a good-looking guy. And always was. I can definitely see what attracted these women to him. Not really my type - I go more for the grizzly bears - but he's got a great smile and a big personality. I'd certainly choose him over the three on Seeking Sister Wife.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

As for Kody, I'm saying it - he's a good-looking guy. And always was. I can definitely see what attracted these women to him. Not really my type - I go more for the grizzly bears - but he's got a great smile and a big personality. I'd certainly choose him over the three on Seeking Sister Wife.

I totally agree, and thought the same thing on Sunday night after watching Seeking Sister Wife.   I think Kody actually is more together than those other three men - meaning in how he handles multiple wives.  On Seeking you have a guy who is "missing" some wives, a guy who CLEARLY can't handle his three openly bickering wives, and a player who isn't even married but wants a harem.   I think Kody is honest in his beliefs in polygamy and is doing the best he can.   And yes - he was handsome when he was younger and he COULD be a very good looking guy now if he did something with the scruff on his chin and cut his hair.   Of all of the celebrities, he seems to have the biggest love affair with his own hair.  lol    As for the wives - I agree with your statements there, too.  OH - except Meri could look better if she did something about the orange martian look. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Alapaki said:

Is there a forum for that show?? Because I seriously need to discuss some stuff. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Meghzie said:

Is there a forum for that show?? Because I seriously need to discuss some stuff. 

Oh yes there is, come join us!

1 minute ago, Kyanight said:

There certainly is!!  :D   Come on over!

LOL great minds!

• Love 2
On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 6:49 AM, AZChristian said:

Welcome Roxierambles!  

I've had a lot of birthdays.  Unless I asked for diapers for my baby as a gift, I'd better not get them!  A gift card for maternity clothes would have been fine, but not something for the baby.  Oh . . . and not a watch for my husband, even if I was getting one.

(My birthday is 9 days before Christmas, and my birthday gift had better be a birthday gift - not something wrapped in Christmas paper.)

Your birthday is the day before mine!  I FEEL YOU, holiday bday sister!  And yeah, Cody had to have gotten those watches gratis, I can't see him buying matching ones otherwise.  I mean, is he going to buy 2 of everything for all of his kids after they get married?  That's going to get REAL expensive in another 10 years.

• Love 1
On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 4:50 PM, Meowwww said:

I think she looks dirty and stopped caring about hygiene after marriage and baby. 

Why because her hair is pulled back?  You can't even see her body and it's a black and white photo.  Not sure where you're getting "dirty" from.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I totally agree, and thought the same thing on Sunday night after watching Seeking Sister Wife.   I think Kody actually is more together than those other three men - meaning in how he handles multiple wives.  On Seeking you have a guy who is "missing" some wives, a guy who CLEARLY can't handle his three openly bickering wives, and a player who isn't even married but wants a harem.   I think Kody is honest in his beliefs in polygamy and is doing the best he can.   And yes - he was handsome when he was younger and he COULD be a very good looking guy now if he did something with the scruff on his chin and cut his hair.   Of all of the celebrities, he seems to have the biggest love affair with his own hair.  lol    As for the wives - I agree with your statements there, too.  OH - except Meri could look better if she did something about the orange martian look. 

I think we will have to agree to disagree and looks are highly subjective so it makes sense.  Kody 30 years ago I would say was out all the women’s league physically.  He always seemed dopey but looks wise he looked far better on the early wedding days.  Mary, at least to me, has an extremely harsh face, even when I guess was she was in her 20s.  The orange skin, funky eyebrows, and seemly dead tooth don’t help. Robyn is in her 30s, and looks to be pushing 50 to me.  I don’t think she’s facially ugly persay but more of a handsome woman, she’s just aging very poorly.  Christine looks better now then when she was in her 20s. I just don’t find her to be attractive except for her hair but would rate her the “prettiest” of the bunch.  Some of her features are too big for her face, but I think she looks better than her wedding pics , but could be a victim of 90s fashions.  Janelle has beady eyes and the frosted eye shadow and too blonde hair age her.  If she had a make over it may help and she has a gummy smile or her teeth are too small.  I haven’t figured out which.  Kody would be fine looks wise if he either lost  25lbs or bought bigger shirts and cut that shredded wheat off the sides of his head.  He had needs to figure what color his hair is suppose to be. They’re not horribly run screaming ugly, but imho an unattractive bunch, ymmv and apparently does varies, which I respect.

• Love 6