Type keyword(s) to search

Best or Worst Actresses?

• Start Topic

Who do you all think are some of the best actresses on the show? In the middle? Or are absolutely awful?

In my opinion (in no particular order)

Best: Kate, Selenis , Taryn , Elizabeth, Diane, Pablo, Uzo, Danielle, Samira, Lorraine, and Adrienne.

In the middle: I think Taylor is a pretty solid actress although I just do not care for her that much.  The same goes for Jackie Cruz.  

Worst:  I know everyone hypes up Laverne Cox but I do not think she is a good actress at all.  In her big storyline, she just couldn't sell it.  Some of her deliveries made me cringe.  Also, the actress that plays Leanne. I cannot stand her at all.  I don't like the actress that plays Norma either.

• Love 1

I can tell this topic has sunk to the bottom because the actress that plays Badison isn't on here yet.

Ugggghhhhh she's the worrrrrrrrst. This most recent season is sort of a slog anyway, but it would be a billion times more tolerable without that faux-accented, faux-bully with the world's stupidest nickname dragging everything down. Every scene with her feels interminable.

I'm not from Boston, but I know people who are, and I know what they sound like. I tried to give Amanda Fuller, the actress that plays Badison, the benefit of the doubt and think that maybe she was a Boston native affecting some local neighborhood accent that I hadn't heard before.  Nope. She's from effing California. This is her attempt to be Bostonian. This is her directors and dialect coaches saying that this is okay. This is me officially accepting that the show is swirling the drain and the people involved have just given up. 

I thought Julianne Moore's Boston accent on 30 Rock was the worst pop culture had to offer. Now it no longer is, so congrats, OITNB. 

• Love 5
On 1/3/2019 at 7:08 PM, Iseut said:

I can tell this topic has sunk to the bottom because the actress that plays Badison isn't on here yet.

Ugggghhhhh she's the worrrrrrrrst. This most recent season is sort of a slog anyway, but it would be a billion times more tolerable without that faux-accented, faux-bully with the world's stupidest nickname dragging everything down. Every scene with her feels interminable.

I'm not from Boston, but I know people who are, and I know what they sound like. I tried to give Amanda Fuller, the actress that plays Badison, the benefit of the doubt and think that maybe she was a Boston native affecting some local neighborhood accent that I hadn't heard before.  Nope. She's from effing California. This is her attempt to be Bostonian. This is her directors and dialect coaches saying that this is okay. This is me officially accepting that the show is swirling the drain and the people involved have just given up. 

I thought Julianne Moore's Boston accent on 30 Rock was the worst pop culture had to offer. Now it no longer is, so congrats, OITNB. 

I actually disagree. I think the fact that she's a pretty cringe-worthy character makes her a great actress. To me she sells that annoying role and I can't remember off the top of my head exactly how her character is (other than annoying) but that whole fake Boston accent just seems to be apart of her persona. I hated her in the show for sure but it just made me realize she's selling her character pretty well. If anything blame the writers not the actress.

• Love 1