Type keyword(s) to search

Camille Grammer: Deliciously Pernicious

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Camille was so damn shady! lol

I think if reality TV and social media were around back then, Faye would have become more famous. I don't think she had the likability to become a huge star, but more famous yes. 

I love that Camille kept doing her signature shrugs all these years later! 

rhobh-camille-grammer.gif

She’s so brilliant though! Camille that is. 

That’s an interesting topic because that’s sort of the biggest issue surrounding Faye then and now. She’s never come off particularly likable. I’m sure like many people she’s probably a great, loyal friend but she doesn’t give off any warmth. To many the way she sold out Nicole was beyond horrible. 
Camille for all her shadiness would put you in her guesthouse if you needed to get out of your living situation fast. 

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

She’s so brilliant though! Camille that is. 

That’s an interesting topic because that’s sort of the biggest issue surrounding Faye then and now. She’s never come off particularly likable. I’m sure like many people she’s probably a great, loyal friend but she doesn’t give off any warmth. To many the way she sold out Nicole was beyond horrible. 
Camille for all her shadiness would put you in her guesthouse if you needed to get out of your living situation fast. 

Yes, say what you want about the Kardashians, but they're known to be nice people by almost everyone in Hollywood. I think that's part of why they became so famous for being famous. Kathy Griffin made a ton of jokes about them, and she said they were all still so nice to her. Kris just asked, can you please stop making fun now? lol

Yes, if Faye means well and has a sweet side to her, she's not showing it. 

Exactly! Even going back to seasons 1 and 2, you can see kindness in Camille. I think she tries to be gentle if she sees someone is struggling. I remember she almost talked to Kim like she was a little girl. It was the sweetest "hi Kim!" lol I also think Camille plays it up for the cameras. I hated what she said about LVP a couple seasons ago, but I think she was drunk and trying to be funny. I think unless someone's wronged her, she really doesn't want to hurt anyone. 

Season 1 Camille was fun to hate. She said a lot of things that would make you roll your eyes, but she never seemed evil or mean girl imo. A little inappropriate or full of herself, but who isn't at times? Maybe it's how bad some of the rest of these ladies (Erika in particular) have been, that Camille at her worst doesn't even seem all that bad. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 8
15 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Yes, say what you want about the Kardashians, but they're known to be nice people by almost everyone in Hollywood. I think that's part of why they became so famous for being famous. Kathy Griffin made a ton of jokes about them, and she said they were all still so nice to her. Kris just asked, can you please stop making fun now? lol

Yes, if Faye means well and has a sweet side to her, she's not showing it. 

Exactly! Even going back to seasons 1 and 2, you can see kindness in Camille. I think she tries to be gentle if she sees someone is struggling. I remember she almost talked to Kim like she was a little girl. It was the sweetest "hi Kim!" lol I also think Camille plays it up for the cameras. I hated what she said about LVP a couple seasons ago, but I think she was drunk and trying to be funny. I think unless someone's wronged her, she really don't want to hurt anyone. 

Season 1 Camille was fun to hate. She said a lot of things that would make you roll your eyes, but she never seemed evil or mean girl imo. A little inappropriate or full of herself, but who isn't at times? Maybe it's how bad some of the rest of these ladies (Erika in particular) have been, that Camille at her worst doesn't even seem all that bad. 

You’re reading my mind. I had actually written out a paragraph about the Kardashian’s then deleted it in case it was too off topic.

S1 Camille goes back to what Bethenny said about how they can’t use anything you don’t give them. What should’ve been funny quips here and there over the course of 4 months were pieced together to create a bitchy out of touch clueless woman. Dumb she isn’t as she helped Kelsey create a very profitable company but definitely clueless about how she would be perceived. 

Faye has never shown herself publicly to be nice, funny, kind, witty or even loyal. All we’ve received is Kyle’s word of that. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, LemonSoda said:

You’re reading my mind. I had actually written out a paragraph about the Kardashian’s then deleted it in case it was too off topic.

S1 Camille goes back to what Bethenny said about how they can’t use anything you don’t give them. What should’ve been funny quips here and there over the course of 4 months were pieced together to create a bitchy out of touch clueless woman. Dumb she isn’t as she helped Kelsey create a very profitable company but definitely clueless about how she would be perceived. 

Faye has never shown herself publicly to be nice, funny, kind, witty or even loyal. All we’ve received is Kyle’s word of that. 

Faye Resnick used her best friend’s murder to try to make a name for herself, and I am so glad that Bravo showed some decency by not forcing her on us, either as a cast member or a recurring “friend of”. Kathryn was also closely connected with OJ and Nicole, but you could tell that that was a painful part of her life that she didn’t care to relive. Got to respect that, on many levels.

Kyle is good at seeing only what she wants to see. AFAIC, Faye would make me uncomfortable, as the VERY least.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, RoseAllDay said:

Faye Resnick used her best friend’s murder to try to make a name for herself, and I am so glad that Bravo showed some decency by not forcing her on us, either as a cast member or a recurring “friend of”. Kathryn was also closely connected with OJ and Nicole, but you could tell that that was a painful part of her life that she didn’t care to relive. Got to respect that, on many levels.

Kyle is good at seeing only what she wants to see. AFAIC, Faye would make me uncomfortable, as the VERY least.

The look in Kathryn’s eyes when OJ was mentioned said everything. Random but one of my favorite funny moments was when Eileen mentioned dating Marcus and the dates overlapped with Kathryn. 
Faye would make me uncomfortable too. 

Not only that but I believe Kyle hides a lot of things behind a facade. 

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

The look in Kathryn’s eyes when OJ was mentioned said everything. Random but one of my favorite funny moments was when Eileen mentioned dating Marcus and the dates overlapped with Kathryn. 

Yeah…and of course it was Lisa Rinna who brought up OJ when she first met Kathryn at some event (before Kathryn officially joined the cast, I think). ”You know what I think of when I see you? OJ.” The look on Kathryn’s face. Just gross.  Rinna knows no bounds, manners, or decorum.

Edit — And about the dinner…Kyle said she was bringing a “friend” — I imagine Camille was just thrilled to see it was the “morally corrupt Faye Resnick.” Honestly, that line should go into the Real Housewives Snark Hall of Fame. That party was just a perfect storm of mayhem. I loved it.

Edited by RoseAllDay
Wording, other stuff….
  • Love 8
27 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

That reminds me of Rinna and Denise dating Patrick Muldoon at the same time. Vanderpump straight up asked him "so who was better?" lol

12 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

Yeah…and of course it was Lisa Rinna who brought up OJ when she first met Kathryn at some event (before Kathryn officially joined the cast, I think). ”You know what I think of when I see you? OJ.” The look on Kathryn’s face. Just gross.  Rinna knows no bounds, manners, or decorum.

Edit — And about the dinner…Kyle said she was bringing a “friend” — I imagine Camille was just thrilled to see it was the “morally corrupt Faye Resnick.” Honestly, that line should go into the Real Housewives Snark Hall of Fame. That party was just a perfect storm of mayhem. I loved it.

I also nominate "Jealous of what? Your ugly leather pants?"

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

So my mother has been interested in psychics/mediums for years now, ever since my grandfather passed away.

I just spoke with her a little while ago, and she told me about her favorites. I never heard of the first person she mentioned, but the second lady she raved about was none other than Allison fucking DuBois! 

• LOL 5
3 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

Honestly - I might be willing to pay to see that. It's been a long couple of years. I'm short on entertainment these days. 

Allison silently turns toward Erika’s bared fangs….and blows vape smoke in her face. “Know this…you will always be a disgusting person. Always.”

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

I'm doing a season 1 rewatch and I love how awful Camille is. Her intro scene features her "dancing" in booty shorts.

Here voiceover says "I'm a mother of 2 and this is going to sound crazy don't judge me. I have 4 nannies and they rotate."

Cut to Nanny #1 Ashton who says "There are 2 sets of nanny's, 2 for each child."

Cut to Nanny #2 Alyson- "Not only do we take care of the kids here we travel with them all over the place."

Cut to Nanny #3 Serena- "A typical day is waking up with the kids and getting them ready for school."

Cut to Nanny #4 Michelle- "Take them to their various extra curricular activities."

Then it's back to Camille who says in her talking head "Just because somebody hires nannies doesn't mean you're not a good Mother and doesn't mean they're not here for their children. I'm here all the time for my children."

Flash to Camille in the kitchen asking her 8 year old daughter how younger brother Jude is feeling because he's been sick. Mason softly says "he's good, doing better." Camille turns to ask Nanny #1, "Hey Ash, how's Jude feeling? Is he doing better?"" Nanny #1 says, "He's doing alright. He's feeling okay." Camille says "That's great."

I swear this show is *chef's kiss*

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, charming said:

I'm doing a season 1 rewatch and I love how awful Camille is. Her intro scene features her "dancing" in booty shorts.

Here voiceover says "I'm a mother of 2 and this is going to sound crazy don't judge me. I have 4 nannies and they rotate."

Cut to Nanny #1 Ashton who says "There are 2 sets of nanny's, 2 for each child."

Cut to Nanny #2 Alyson- "Not only do we take care of the kids here we travel with them all over the place."

Cut to Nanny #3 Serena- "A typical day is waking up with the kids and getting them ready for school."

Cut to Nanny #4 Michelle- "Take them to their various extra curricular activities."

Then it's back to Camille who says in her talking head "Just because somebody hires nannies doesn't mean you're not a good Mother and doesn't mean they're not here for their children. I'm here all the time for my children."

Flash to Camille in the kitchen asking her 8 year old daughter how younger brother Jude is feeling because he's been sick. Mason softly says "he's good, doing better." Camille turns to ask Nanny #1, "Hey Ash, how's Jude feeling? Is he doing better?"" Nanny #1 says, "He's doing alright. He's feeling okay." Camille says "That's great."

I swear this show is *chef's kiss*

It’s hilarious but I was more surprised that many don’t know how normal that is for those who have full time child care. I was a nanny and I rotated schedule with 4 other nannies. I was jealous of the night nannies who just sat there in case someone got up and needed something. 

• Useful 4
  • LOL 2
(edited)

Watching the season where Camille’s marriage implodes. Checked-out Kelsey is just cringeworthy on the way to the Tonys, and Camille very sad, putting on a brave face and acting like things were just fine.

Everytime I see it, it makes me uncomfortable. 

Edited by RoseAllDay
Added a dropped word that I didn’t catch the first time.
  • Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Love 7