Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E13: The Home

• Start Topic

On 2/16/2018 at 10:24 AM, Rockstar99435 said:

And Brianna totally did it because she was embarrassed that she tanked her mom's company. Next season better start with the ladies getting their house back. Then I want to see Grace stage a hostal takeover of Say Grace, partnering with Lauren, and then firing Brianna, her boyfriend, and Mallory. I want to see Grace and Frankie on the warpath.

Coming in late having just watched all of this but this thread was satisfying to read! It's amazing when you step back and think about it. The two men are treated as if they're the same age as the kids yet the women seem to have to still keep proving themselves competent. Which you'd think they definitively did by starting a successful business 5 minutes ago. None of the other characters on the show has ever done that as far as I know. Most people in life never do that, and yet Grace did it twice. (Grace is obviously more the brains behind the business than Frankie with her background, but the fact remains these two just started a successful business after the two men retired and the two kids who work both do it at their parents' business.) What else do they have to do here?

I get that the show was trying to set up something where the kids could misunderstand what was going on--not knowing that the contractor scammed Grace by using a very specific emotional button that made her trust where she usually wouldn't, for instance. But it still seems like they didn't bother talking to them at all. It's not like Frankie got lost because the familiar came unfamiliar, she got lost because she intentionally followed a random person (having been told to just "drive around") and when she turned around to go home realized she didn't know where she was and had no GPS. If the problem was a danger of her having a stroke Bud wouldn't have stuck her in the car with the baby to begin with.

I do sometimes wonder if another factor that plays into the women getting treated this way by their family is that they were dumped. I don't know if this would be strictly a sexist thing, but it seems like the dads automatically get more respected because they're a married couple while the women are roommates living in a kookier situation. Like that's another thing that plays into them seeming like victims who can't take care of themselves while Robert and Sol are vibrant people in charge of their own lives. People respect them cheating on and leaving their wives more than they respect the wives who got tricked and abandoned. (So why not do that to them again.)

• Love 8
7 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

I do sometimes wonder if another factor that plays into the women getting treated this way by their family is that they were dumped. I don't know if this would be strictly a sexist thing, but it seems like the dads automatically get more respected because they're a married couple while the women are roommates living in a kookier situation. Like that's another thing that plays into them seeming like victims who can't take care of themselves while Robert and Sol are vibrant people in charge of their own lives. People respect them cheating on and leaving their wives more than they respect the wives who got tricked and abandoned. (So why not do that to them again.)

I think this was even addressed a little when Mallory thought her husband was cheating on her and talked to her dad about it rather than her mom.  I think she even said it was because Grace hadn’t realized Robert was cheating so couldn’t be any help.

I am in the minority I think, but I hope Nick bought the house.  Grace is the only one who never received love, and she deserves to have a man who loves her and is willing to do anything for her.  I hope he bought it just to sell it back to Grace and Frankie to get back to normal with no expectations beyond that.  I like Nick.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Crs97 said:

I think this was even addressed a little when Mallory thought her husband was cheating on her and talked to her dad about it rather than her mom.  I think she even said it was because Grace hadn’t realized Robert was cheating so couldn’t be any help.

I am in the minority I think, but I hope Nick bought the house.  Grace is the only one who never received love, and she deserves to have a man who loves her and is willing to do anything for her.  I hope he bought it just to sell it back to Grace and Frankie to get back to normal with no expectations beyond that.  I like Nick.

I read Nick is coming back so there has to be something for him to do! : ) Rupaul also.  I would love to see Dolly but I don't think she wants to do it. "Busy" sounds like a nice response when Lily or Jane are asked but it still could happen. She is doing Netflix shows and I heard a new 9-5 is being made and they wanted the "old" stars to be in it but in different roles. With the climate the way it is and the fact a lot of harassment didn't stop, I'm sure it will be a hit.

Edited by debraran
  • Love 2
(edited)

I am always the last to find anything in popular culture, so I just stumbled onto this a few weeks back and I’m all alone here right now, I suspect. I LOVE THIS SHOW. I only allow myself to watch it while I’m running on the treadmill, so the show is my bribe to myself to work out.

Can someone please explain how someone who looks like Roy is supposed to be all in for a threesome with Sol and Robert? What kind of fucked up Daddy issues explain that weirdness? And he’s creepily over the top with the flirting with both of them.

Now If it turned out he was playing them to get his hands on their identities and assets, now THAT would be an elder scam that made sense.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
46 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Can someone please explain how someone who looks like Roy is supposed to be all in for a threesome with Sol and Robert?

Not me, because I wondered the same thing.  When this season dropped, the actor playing Roy had played a serial rapist on a multi-episode arc of Major Crimes just a month before, so first I had to erase that mental association, and then I was just left wondering why on earth in selecting partners for a purely sexual fling, he opted for two geezers. 

• LOL 3
13 hours ago, Bastet said:
14 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Can someone please explain how someone who looks like Roy is supposed to be all in for a threesome with Sol and Robert?

Not me, because I wondered the same thing.  When this season dropped, the actor playing Roy had played a serial rapist on a multi-episode arc of Major Crimes just a month before, so first I had to erase that mental association, and then I was just left wondering why on earth in selecting partners for a purely sexual fling, he opted for two geezers.  

Because attraction isn't as much a matter of who you can get, as who you want. Lots of people are attracted to older, more experienced people, sexually as well as mentally.

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, Clanstarling said:

Lots of people are attracted to older, more experienced people, sexually as well as mentally.

Okay, but there's older and then there's old.  Those two are well past their sexual prime and into it's not even going to work no matter what you do half the time territory, and Roy is no spring chicken; fucking men his own age would mean experienced men.  Having a sexual relationship with a man in his mid 70s you're in love with, that I buy.  Seeking out men that age for the sole purpose of sex when you're about 25 years younger, I do not.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 1

While I’m at it...that guy is not a “Roy.” Rodney, Richard, Ryan, even...but Roy? 

I think they cast the guy too young and too pretty. Someone like the ex-priest who was a little younger and very attractive, inside and out, would make more sense. 

Roy also creeps me out with the incessant handsiness and perkiness, but just because I wouldn’t sleep with him...🙃