Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Alicia's Story

• Start Topic

MY DVR recorded this for some reason so i watched it.  I don't remember it from before, but it was really boring in a good way!!  They were happy and I did some snooping and it looks like they are still together.  Tim was kind of hot!  Looks like there is a follow up episode for her next week. 

• Love 2

I did not like Alicia. Whenever someone said something she didn't like, her mouth would just start frowning and her eyes would droop and she would stare at the person with this frowny-droopy expression like they were murdering her puppy and where was their sympathy for her plight?? It was childish and clearly a ploy for people to stop being so mean to her! I wanted to slap her, that facial expression annoyed me so much! And she did it all the time. Grow the hell up and accept criticism, especially when you know damn well that protein shakes are just whey protein with a bunch of sugar added. They are not healthy eating. She constantly lied to Tim, for we all know she was eating like a madwoman whenever his back was turned. She came across as victim-y and codependent. Tim, for his part, seemed to tolerate Alicia but there was no passion between them. With the sound off, he comes across as a polite neighbour in their interactions. I don't see these two lasting, but stranger pairings have persevered.

That she asked Tim to take time off his hourly wage job to walk with her was really, really lame. The laundry situation that someone mentioned was irritating, too. Alicia is lazy, plain and simple. It takes a few minutes to put away laundry but I get the feeling that Alicia likes being cared for as though she were helpless. I don't see why so many people like her. She's no different from the other pounders; she is a food addict and I don't think she will be successful long-term.

I don't see the point of having dieticians visit these people since all they do is spout the Food Pyramid anyway. Fat is not bad for you. It is so frustrating reading people's condemnation of fat. There is a reason why so many people are going keto. It reverses pre-diabetes and cases of diabetes that are as yet not all that advanced, it improves lipid levels and ratios, and it leads to weight loss because fat does not provoke the kind of insulin response that sugar, in any form (including carrot sticks, FFS), does.

• Love 2