Type keyword(s) to search

Abby & Bobby

AllAboutEve
  • Start Topic

Am I the only one hoping Abby is going to meet Bobby soon? I'm not loving the Abby/Buck thing because Buck is just a boring character to me.

Bobby, I'm sensing, has a heavier more interesting back story.. and with everything that's going in in Abby's life, I think they match more on a life experience/maturity level. So yeah, I guess age.. but it doesn't mean I'm opposed to an older woman being with a younger man..I applaud it ;)  However, in this case Buck is boring choice for Abby.

• Love 2

I'm totally with you there. I would love for Abby to meet up with Bobby & not Buck. I'm not a fan of him & haven't been since the beginning. Abby & Bobby can connect on a more deeper level. And although they haven't been in the same scene together yet I see the potential chemistry! 

• Love 2
(edited)

Ah yes, A like-minded soul! :)

I totally agree.. they haven't been in any scenes but it's like I can already see their chemistry..
I'm hoping that when Abby and Bobby meet that they feel a connection and Buck will be sidelined as a 'friend'..

Edited by AllAboutEve
  • Love 1

Yes, I am so on board with this too! Buck is cute and all and I do like that there's an older woman/ younger man match for once, but I think Abby and Bobby would be absolutely perfect together. She's such a kind soul and could help him over the guilt. Hoping they meet next week and we can see if the chemistry is really there! I hope they don't glam her up too much -I sort of love the whole sexy-plain-Jane vibe she has going on.

• Love 2

That look Bobby had when he saw Abby for the first time ? I don’t mind Buck (although I think I would like him better if he could keep it in his pants) but I like the idea of Bobby and Abby. Only thing that sucks is if that happens there will probably be a love triangle and I wouldn't be excited for that.  

Edited by beachespeaches
spelling
  • Love 1

Ahh I just watched the first 6 episodes and I like Bucky better. He seems like he is a really good foil for her. No large "drama" in his background to further burden Abby. He also genuinely seems like he likes her and respects her in a way I just can't see Bobby doing (I see Bobby throwing it in her face that she is only an operator).  I feel like she is good for him too letting him see it isn't all about sex.. he should want people to genuinely care about him. IMHO Bobby needs a similar *no heavy background* person. 

BTW I watched the first 6 episodes wondering where he got that damage over his eye only to look up the actor and see it is the actor's birthmark. You go actor for not covering it!! 

• Love 2

Yes, I agree.  When they were together last night, I could definitely sense some chemistry between them.   At first it just seemed like it was there on Bobby's side, eg the way he was looking at her when they first met at the station, his pep talk with Buck something like "a woman like that, you've got to treat her right" but then at the hospital, they had such an easy way of talking to one another.

While I like the idea of Abby having a romance with a younger man, and could kind of see Abby and Buck developing a friendship that they both could benefit from, I just never have seen Buck as a match for her romantically.  Part of it may just be that I am 97% over Buck as a character.  He might have been OK in small doses, as one of the cast of characters on the fire response crew.  But the show shoved him front and center, at the expense of IMO more interesting characters and actors. 

I'm with those who like the idea of Abby and Bobby exploring a relationship, but who are not looking forward to the inevitable manufactured drama of a love triangle.   I could see Abby getting put off of the thought of continuing a romantic relationship with Buck because of the experience of having to cut open his throat on their first date.  That would open the door for some dating with Bobby.   But this show probably would not go that way...it's much more of  "manufactured drama, throw a love-triangle wrench in things" kind of show.

• Love 1