Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: The Hinge

• Start Topic

Spoiler

I just loved the ending where they were using Grace's pills as poker chips!! 

Injuries are no joke as we age. I thought this was a good episode showing how Grace didn't want to deal with the annoyances of aging. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

I just loved the ending where they were using Grace's pills as poker chips!! 

"You know your roommate's a drug addict, right?"

I have to go back and re-watch this one (and then watch the rest), which won't happen until Monday night at the earliest (boo!), because I kept getting interrupted (stupid job <g>).  But what I saw I liked, especially Grace's totally predictable but totally entertaining "fuck my life" experience at the hardware store.  I like Barry promising not to tell Brianna, but noting that she'd find being drunk at the hardware store fabulous.

• Love 3

@DeLurker Do you know where I can find the titles for the rest of the episodes? I saw, as of my last look, that not all the episodes have threads and I can't begin one without a title. 

I should probably be watching this more slowly as I'm going to be upset when there are no more "new" ones. Like you I will rewatch as I always see something I didn't catch before or notice something unusual on the set. 

6 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Do you know where I can find the titles for the rest of the episodes? I saw, as of my last look, that not all the episodes have threads and I can't begin one without a title. 

When I made threads for the ones I'd watched, I just used the Episodes menu (on Netflix) to get the titles and summaries - from that screen where you can choose between Play, Episodes and More, etc. you choose Episodes and More, and on the right hand side the episodes will come up.

• Love 3

I fought using a store scooter but they are so nice. Especially the ones at Costco, Target's suck. (Just fyi) Wish they all had preachers though.

I liked the hardware store guy trying to save face after insulting Grace

When I had to use a scooter, after breaking a leg, I crashed going through an area not wide enough.  It also seems like the store clerk would have offered to go and get the Hinge for Grace.

Edited by howiveaddict
  • Love 1

Loved the Grace-in-Home-Depot story, and okay with the Frankie-Teddy reunion.  But what was the point of the Bud-Cody-Allison interaction?  Okay, we get it - Cody and Allison don't like each other.  So what?  The whole "we came to an agreement to dislike each other politely" angle as a way to show how "adult" they are seemed utterly silly and inconsequential to me - the whole thing felt like padding which episodes this short do NOT need.

Also, Robert proves once again that he is a self-absorbed jerk.  Got it, again.

• Love 4

I laughed so hard at the scooter scene.  I have a very bad knee and I hate walking around Home Depot.  My sister once suggested using a scooter and I almost hit her with my cane. 

I think it was this episode where Grace asked if Frankie's ears "were strictly ornamental."  That was a very funny line and true.  I love how this show tackles the  little indignities of aging.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, jrlr said:

But what was the point of the Bud-Cody-Allison interaction?  Okay, we get it - Cody and Allison don't like each other.  So what?  The whole "we came to an agreement to dislike each other politely" angle as a way to show how "adult" they are seemed utterly silly and inconsequential to me - the whole thing felt like padding which episodes this short do NOT need.

I like that, after realizing Bud was faking a delay in order to force them to spend time together, Coyote and Allison had an open conversation about it, tried to bond for Bud's sake, and then just accepted that they don't like each other.  And I really liked when they sat Bud down and explained it to him, just like parents telling their kid they are getting a divorce.  Bud and Coyote are close, so they could have made a storyline out of Coyote and Allison not liking each other, how that's a big thing for Bud now that Allison isn't just his girlfriend, but is going to be his wife and the mother of his child, but instead they dispatched with it in about five minutes of screen time.  And I like that, too.

• Love 5

I'm not sure which episode this was on, but I'm sure it was before this one, so no spoilers here. When Frankie went to the bank and had to deal with the teller - was the woman that played the teller the woman that played "New Christine" on the show The New Adventures of Old Christine?

On 1/25/2018 at 5:53 AM, llewis823 said:

I'm not sure which episode this was on, but I'm sure it was before this one, so no spoilers here. When Frankie went to the bank and had to deal with the teller - was the woman that played the teller the woman that played "New Christine" on the show The New Adventures of Old Christine?

No, it was Stephnie Weir, from MadTV. New Christine was played by Emily Rutherfurd.