Type keyword(s) to search

Top Chef in the Media

Bella
  • Start Topic

On 6/13/2018 at 9:35 AM, Totale said:

It was so much fun! I'm not sure what will end up on the show because it taped for four hours. The chefs are so calm and collected while they work - it always looks like a shitshow once it's edited.  It's going to interesting to compare the final cut of the show with what happened in the arena as there was a ton of hysterical shenanigans  

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I assume it had a basketball theme?

I don't want to spoil any part of it. There is a FB group Top Chef Kentucky where people blab everything and smuggled in cameras to take photos, etc. 

23 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

According to Padma’s social media they are done filming in Kentucky. No word on if the finale was already filmed or when and where it will filmed.

Really? Last Tuesday, June 12, they were filming in Lexington with 10 contestants still in the mix. Look it up on their local news station. That means they’d have eliminated someone each day in order to get it down to three or four finalists. Wow.... that’s really a fast way to run a competition.

Yep she did a farewell IG post and made hot chicken in her NYC place. Perhaps they are doing a larger finale than normal since they were very public about where and when they were filming.

(edited)

It was down to six contestants on June 12th. There were the contestants there but only six of them were still in the game. 

On 6/22/2018 at 1:37 AM, cooksdelight said:

Really? Last Tuesday, June 12, they were filming in Lexington with 10 contestants still in the mix. Look it up on their local news station. That means they’d have eliminated someone each day in order to get it down to three or four finalists. Wow.... that’s really a fast way to run a competition.

Edited by spankydoll
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, spankydoll said:

There were ten contestants at the event but only six were still in the competition. I was there so scout 's honor!

It makes sense to have decoys with that many people in attendance. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, spankydoll said:

There were ten contestants at the event but only six were still in the competition. I was there so scout 's honor!

So I assume it's a mystery to the spectators who the real six are? They told you there were only six left? And I assume if the first question is correct, that the chefs (and crew) do a good job making it seem like "each one matters"?

• Love 1
On 7/1/2018 at 5:11 AM, dleighg said:

So I assume it's a mystery to the spectators who the real six are? They told you there were only six left? And I assume if the first question is correct, that the chefs (and crew) do a good job making it seem like "each one matters"?

It wasn't a mystery. Each of the six prepared and presented their dishes to be judged by the panel. Simple as a dimple!

• Love 2

I’m don’t want to post a spoiler, and don’t really know how to do the spoiler option. But the finale destination is officially out there, and just filmed within the week. 

• Love 1

The Ringer ranked the top 100 tv episodes of the century - so far, obvs - and the infamous head shaving episode of Top Chef (season 2, episode 11) came in at #55. Immediately after the entry for that episode, The Ringer's "resident food critic" (whatever that means) ranks the 15 best finale dishes of the series. Mei's octopus from season 12 tops the list.

On 2018-08-02 at 12:18 PM, Rambler said:

There was a reddit thread the other day titled “People that have been on a cooking show, what does the viewer not see? Are the time limits legit? Does the food go straight to the judges? Any behind the scenes info to share?”

In the thread, there was a poster who said he had worked on the Vegas season of Top Chef. I’ll post a few of his more interesting quotes, and if you want to read the whole thread here is the link.

I'm not sure I should thank you @Rambler, or curse you. I've spent the past hour reading this reddit post, and keep reading bits of it out to Mr. Hula-la.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Vermicious Knid said:

There's a 30 minute sneak peek of the new season Saturday at 10am that's popped up on the DVR.

Interesting I wonder if they are going to premiere earlier this year because the have been starting at the end of Nov. so it seems early for a preview.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

There's a 30 minute sneak peek of the new season Saturday at 10am that's popped up on the DVR.

Just watched this and it was actually a preview for Top Chef Jr that already aired this summer.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

No, those were the Season 2 kids. New season starts tonight.

Yes, I am aware they were thee season 2 kids. They aired this preview of the season 2 kids in early August on whatever channel that airs Top Chef Jr., there was discussion of it in the TCjr thread when it aired.

Edited by biakbiak
On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 4:30 PM, pally said:

Show premieres on Dec 6

I know shows can run any time these days, but when did December become the new September?  That's three shows now that I watch that are all premiering in early December.  Isn't that the one month where they're guaranteed competition with all the Christmas shows?  

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Nutjob said:

Brother Luck, Jim Smith, and Carrie Baird are competing in LCK to get a spot back on the show for Season 16. Those are surprisingly good, non-annoying picks?

I agree with @cooksdelight that Brother came off as a bit of an ass the first time around, more so in LCK IIRC. I really liked Carrie a lot, and to be honest, don't remember Jim all that much. How far did he make it in his season?

• Love 1

Brother didn't bother me, but to each their own. :) Jim was out fairly early, I think something like 6th, but he went out in a sudden death Quickfire. I always felt like he should've gone farther.

• Love 3

Jim Smith was so funny and knowledgeable on the different podcasts he appeared on while season 15 was airing. 

Dont believe the negativity. Brother was given a bad edit. Enough contestants defended him after LCK aired. He said it himself on Facebook. “The editors did him dirty.” I believe this extra chance is Bravo’s, or Tom’s, attempt at an apology. 

If they really wanted to bring someone back just to get us talking, wouldn’t it be the sneering Mexican lady with the awful black lipstick (I forget her name)?

• Love 4
6 hours ago, LeighLeigh said:

Jim Smith was so funny and knowledgeable on the different podcasts he appeared on while season 15 was airing. 

Dont believe the negativity. Brother was given a bad edit. Enough contestants defended him after LCK aired. He said it himself on Facebook. “The editors did him dirty.” I believe this extra chance is Bravo’s, or Tom’s, attempt at an apology. 

If they really wanted to bring someone back just to get us talking, wouldn’t it be the sneering Mexican lady with the awful black lipstick (I forget her name)?

I always liked Brother and felt he got a bad edit. Hope he makes it back! Liked Carrie, too. Don't really recall Jim, but maybe he didn't have enough time to make an impression?

I think I blocked out the black-lipstick-woman's name...

• Love 2
On 11/29/2018 at 12:12 PM, Nutjob said:

Brother didn't bother me, but to each their own. :) Jim was out fairly early, I think something like 6th, but he went out in a sudden death Quickfire. I always felt like he should've gone farther.

I agree with both of those thoughts, and I'll tack on that I loved Carrie. She did some crazy shit that made me and all of the chefs around her say "that's nuts" and then the judges would be all "Wow, this is great!" 

• Love 6