Type keyword(s) to search

S07.09: Let's Try Again

CofCinci
  • Start Topic

On 1/23/2018 at 9:01 PM, TheRealT said:

Am I the only one who thought that the rediscovered BFF had the keys all along? Maybe I've seen too many Lifetime movies...

I thought the exact same thing! This ho had the keys the whole fucking time and wanted to play like the "great bff" who found the keys!! Bitch please.... i can see this slimeball oozing into C&T life for a quick paycheck from miiiiles away. 

Not that i care... but it goes to show the type of people they choose to hang around with.

• Love 5
On 1/23/2018 at 11:33 PM, TheRealT said:

That whole scene was cringeworthy, from Producer Woman's bad acting to elicit exposition to Amber's nonsensical answers to the most basic questions while Producer Woman pretended to be happy for her rather than appalled, but glad to capture the drama for the show. Then the follow-up discussion with NuMatt: "It's a big deal having a baby. Really. You don't get it." "Yeah, whatever, it will be cool..." WTF is wrong with him? We know that Amber is crazy and Anderson, IN ghetto trash. He's supposedly a rich kid from Malibu with education and at least a half-assed career. I assume that he's living off of Amber, but, presumably, he could be living off of his parents in frigging Malibu, hanging with his Hollywood friends, going to the beach, and even working on reality shows when he got bored. How is he not losing his shit stuck in some filthy apartment in IN waiting on pregnant, unmedicated Amber? It doesn't add up.

Another thought I had about him is, given their story about how he researched and pursued Amber after having minimal contact with her on the other show, wouldn't it be hilarious if he were a true Matt 2.0 and had done the same thing with other reality stars and Amber was (again) the only one who took the bait? I'm waiting for that other shoe to drop.

I have to say my infamous "how does this post not have a million fucking likes?" 

On the fucking nail with all of it!

• Love 2

*shrug* That’s just my impression. Maybe it’s the monotone voice or the always on the cellphone but I tend to see not much interaction outside of the usual cooking, diapering, etc. Never said she doesn’t love them, but I see Taylor more involved in the playing, etc.

It's not the playing thing that concerns me, but honestly I don't always like the way she treats Bentley.  I remember earlier in this season or a previous season where Bentley came home from school and she started talking to him about how he needed to poop because it was something he doesn't like to do at school, and you could clearly see he was embarrassed.  With my kids, I wouldn't bring up things they are sensitive about like that since I don't want to embarrass them or make them uncomfortable, and especially not on camera.  She seems in many ways like a competent mom - cooking, setting rules, not letting Bentley turn into his father, taking him to sports.  But I think its similar to how selfish she was about drinking while pregnant with her last kid - sometimes she seems like she's not as supportive as I'd like her to be.  In this last episode, we saw it with her anniversary dinner - Taylor had gone to a lot of work to create a nice night - and she brings up the miscarriage on camera that he clearly didn't want to talk about.  Then again, considering the fact that her costars the question is usually, "hmm, should someone call CPS on this mother" its hard to judge Maci's fitness as a parent.

Edited by kit.kat343
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, kit.kat343 said:

It's not the playing thing that concerns me, but honestly I don't always like the way she treats Bentley.  I remember earlier in this season or a previous season where Bentley came home from school and she started talking to him about how he needed to poop because it was something he doesn't like to do at school, and you could clearly see he was embarrassed.  With my kids, I wouldn't bring up things they are sensitive about like that since I don't want to embarrass them or make them uncomfortable, and especially not on camera.  She seems in many ways like a competent mom - cooking, setting rules, not letting Bentley turn into his father, taking him to sports.  But I think its similar to how selfish she was about drinking while pregnant with her last kid - sometimes she seems like she's not as supportive as I'd like her to be.  In this last episode, we saw it with her anniversary dinner - Taylor had gone to a lot of work to create a nice night - and she brings up the miscarriage on camera that he clearly didn't want to talk about.  Then again, considering the fact that her costars the question is usually, "hmm, should someone call CPS on this mother" its hard to judge Maci's fitness as a parent.

I agree.

Bolding mine: Maci is also selfish and stupid when she puts her kids in danger when she is behind the wheel. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 8
On 1/24/2018 at 11:32 AM, poeticlicensed said:

Raising my hand here, I love to have a glass or two of wine when I go out to dinner. I love trying the different wines on the menu and I like when they offer to bring me a drink right away. That said, he ordered what again, some kind of whiskey and sprite?? Yuck, how gross. 

Crown and sprite is one of my fave drinks lol so taylor gets a pass from me on that one! 

• Love 3

Maci just seems disengaged, period. Not specifically with her children, but with life. She has a very flat affect. I'm not sure if it's because she's always that way, or if it's because she's hyper aware of the cameras and doing her best to make sure they don't catch anything bad. 

• Love 12
17 hours ago, lezlers said:

The first time I saw this I swore it was a joke, like one of those funny or die skits.  I could not fucking BELIEVE this chick was for real.  If you need a shortcut for slapping some peanut butter on a slice of bread, you need to reprioritize your life.

Wait. It’s not a joke/parody? Seriously? 

• Love 1

Maci was LIT during the restuarant scene and discussing the miscarriage came off as confrontational, poor Taylor. She knows she has no storyline...she had to literally jump out of a plane a few eps ago just to have something to showcase. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

I don’t remember Maci ever being cute...I always wondered what Ryan saw in her because I’ve always thought she was kinda homely. She seemed more “alive” in earlier seasons, though.

I think the common denominators were the dirt bikes and the beer drinking. 

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

I think the common denominators were the dirt bikes and the beer drinking. 

True, she was a “guys girl” or tried to come across as one.

32 minutes ago, lezlers said:

IT'S TOTALLY NOT.

That’s insane. Who is this woman?!

• Love 2
On 1/25/2018 at 2:28 PM, heatherchandler said:

Wait - isn't this what everyone does?  I feel like I am killing it when I can get them to eat a veggie, a protein and noodles or something.

HA!  What is the deal with kids watching other kids open toys and play with them on youtube??  I mean, I do not get it, but it entertains them, so ok.

Mine too! They'd rather watch videos of other kids playing than to play themselves. 

My 6-year-old now narrates her playtime. I caught her with her Paw Patrol the other day: "Marshall, you go here. No, Rocky, you go there! I'd now like to give a shout out to my subscribers!"

• Love 17

That scene with Maci and Taylor further proved my theory that Maci is self-serving, manipulative, and even a little bit vindictive.

Manipulative: She purposefully brought up that miscarriage and stared Taylor down until he felt uncomfortable enough to go cry/punch a wall in the bathroom because he wasn’t comfortable discussing the issue on camera and didn’t want to snap her scrony neck on camera. If she hadn’t upset him and betrayed his trust on purpose, the issue could have been done here.  She could have stopped her drunk train here. But this is Maci the Martyr.

Vindictive: She KNEW he was very upset and still proceeded to tell the entire world about it while he was crying in the bathroom. Taylor comes back to the table, still visibly upset, and Maci asks if he’s mad while smirking.  Theeeen she continues to press the issue. 

Self-serving: “I feel like people should know so that they can relate to me.” Maci is running out of storylines so Maci revealed this to help Maci’s story along and so that people could tweet her their pity and support. She didn’t care that her husband was very much upset about the issue, she knew it was in his no fly zone but she got to decide whether to discuss it. 

I don’t care if she was drunk.  It doesn’t even matter if Taylor was ashamed and didn’t tell his family for whatever reason.   This happened to both of them and his wishes should have been respected.  Yes, it’s her body but I think people (Hey Maci) tend to overlook how miscarriages effect men.

TL;DR: Maci is being Maci and pissing me off by making me feel sorry for Taylor. 

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 14

I got behind on watching and I just watched this early this morning.

I have to echo what others have said about that new "friend" of Cate having her keys the whole time!  That was really weird and kind of creepy.

So Tyler is suffering from insomnia.  Maybe. . . just maybe. . . it has something to do with all the caffeine he drinks.  I would try cutting back on the caffeine before jumping to a psychiatric disorder conclusion.  He was sucking down a Red Bull when he was sitting on the porch with his mom and I think it was late afternoon after the photo shoot that morning.  (I was having difficulty sleeping, and I wasn't linking it to caffeine.  I took a CEU course on stress and coping mechanisms and the psychologist discussed insomnia and the #1 cause being caffeine.  He gave out a caffeine quiz and I realized it was most likely my problem.  I cannot drink caffeine past noon or I will be wide awake all night.)

Caffeine can cause anxiety.  It is a stimulant upper.  Drinking too much can cause insomnia which then causes other issues which cause anxiety so you don't sleep so you drink more caffeine and it is an easy loop to get caught up in.

Plus C&T (well, really Tyler) keep renovating houses.  That is one of the most stressful things a couple can do.  Tyler was mentioning that Cate stresses over stuff not being done fast enough and such.  We are in the middle of a new home, and it is stressful.  It takes constant awareness and insight with ourselves to not let it get the better of us, and my husband and I are in our 40s!  We are stable, centered people; the exact opposite of C&T.  We expected to be in our new house around Thanksgiving and when it didn't happen I was upset for a week and stressing out mad.  My husband and I were snippy with each other.  Finally I realized we are building our dream house and I'm not enjoying it.  I want to enjoy it.  My husband is on my team, and I want this to be a time of happy memories.  This stuff is out of my control so I'm not stressing anymore and I'm going with the flow and enjoying the process.  We are anxious to be finished and get moved in, but we are having a blast and really enjoying the process of it all coming together.  It takes effort some days, but I stay happy. 

No way do C&T have that attitude so no wonder they are stressed out basket cases.

I don't even feel like talking about Maci.

Farrah and Debra Danielson, EMBA antagonize each other then wonder why they can't get along.  Whatever.

Amber and NewMatt gross me out and make me cringe.

• Love 10