Type keyword(s) to search

S07.09: Let's Try Again

CofCinci
  • Start Topic

11 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

*shrug* That’s just my impression. Maybe it’s the monotone voice or the always on the cellphone but I tend to see not much interaction outside of the usual cooking, diapering, etc. Never said she doesn’t love them, but I see Taylor more involved in the playing, etc. 

Maybe I'm projecting.   I seldom "play" with my kids either (they're 5 and newly 3.)  I engage with them, sure, but I'd be lying if I said I spent significant amounts of time down on the floor with them playing or anything like that.  That's just not my thing, 5 minutes feels like 3 hours.  But I love my children more than life and if anyone dared to say I wasn't engaged with them or wasn't really into being a mother because of it, I'd...well, it wouldn't be pretty.  Honestly this whole "everyone's home must be a mini Montessori school, every weekend must be filled with fun crafts and activities, your lives must at all times revolve around your childrens' entertainment, every activity must be a pinterest perfect photo-shoot opportunity" type of parenting module is relatively recent.   I always joke that I became a mother in the wrong generation.  I was meant to be a seventies mom, where you had kids and loved your kids but your entire existence wasn't centered around those kids, since children were actually expected to entertain themselves.  Give me my Parliament cigarettes and magazine, the kids know where the garden hose is if they get thirsty!  :D

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 15
11 minutes ago, lezlers said:

Give me my Parliament cigarettes and magazine, the kids know where the garden hose is if they get thirsty!  :D

Haha....this is great!  I'm a 70's child and this took me back to memories of my momma and aunts.  

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, metalchik said:

Haha....this is great!  I'm a 70's child and this took me back to memories of my momma and aunts.  

Me too!  Well, an eighties child, anyway.  I loved my childhood!  Honestly, there's nothing wrong with just letting your kids be kids and having your own life as an adult.  Even *gasp* going on short getaways without them!  Egads!  Someone call CPS!   Damn I wish I was a parent a few decades ago.  Seemed a lot easier.  The expectations were a lot lower, at least.

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, lezlers said:

Maybe I'm projecting.   I seldom "play" with my kids either (they're 5 and newly 3.)  I engage with them, sure, but I'd be lying if I said I spent significant amounts of time down on the floor with them playing or anything like that.  That's just not my thing, 5 minutes feels like 3 hours.  But I love my children more than life and if anyone dared to say I wasn't engaged with them or wasn't really into being a mother because of it, I'd...well, it wouldn't be pretty.  Honestly this whole "everyone's home must be a mini Montessori school, every weekend must be filled with fun crafts and activities, your lives must at all times revolve around your childrens' entertainment, every activity must be a pinterest perfect photo-shoot opportunity" type of parenting module is relatively recent.   I always joke that I became a mother in the wrong generation.  I was meant to be a seventies mom, where you had kids and loved your kids but your entire existence wasn't centered around those kids, since children were actually expected to entertain themselves.  Give me my Parliament cigarettes and magazine, the kids know where the garden hose is if they get thirsty!  :D

Boy-child was born in 1991.  He's an only child, so I played with him occasionally, on rainy days or when his friends weren't around (he even had my non-athletic ass running around playing four-square in our driveway!)

however, 21st century parenting sounds crazy hard.  Apparently,  y'all are supposed to spend your entire day tracking your kids' phones, driving them if they need to travel five feet, calling schools to find out why they're getting Bs, hanging out w/their friends' parents whether you like them or not, and reading articles on whether or not Lunchables cause rickets.

I used to say I had him too young...yeah, not anymore!

Love,

the only forty-nine year old mom who goes home to a glass of wine and a Lush bath bomb every night

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, lezlers said:

Me too!  Well, an eighties child, anyway.  I loved my childhood!  Honestly, there's nothing wrong with just letting your kids be kids and having your own life as an adult.  Even *gasp* going on short getaways without them!  Egads!  Someone call CPS!   Damn I wish I was a parent a few decades ago.  Seemed a lot easier.  The expectations were a lot lower, at least.

I loved my childhood too and it wasn't all puppies and butterflies.  Definitely wasn't (as you say) all Montessori school time haha!  We had mom/dad drama and I witnessed some pretty fucked up stuff but overall I knew I was loved and safe.  And I certainly didn't grow up to be entitled and think that the world owes me or that I need to be entertained every minute of the day - which seems to be kind of the norm these days.

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, teapot said:

Boy-child was born in 1991.  He's an only child, so I played with him occasionally, on rainy days or when his friends weren't around (he even had my non-athletic ass running around playing four-square in our driveway!)

however, 21st century parenting sounds crazy hard.  Apparently,  y'all are supposed to spend your entire day tracking your kids' phones, driving them if they need to travel five feet, calling schools to find out why they're getting Bs, hanging out w/their friends' parents whether you like them or not, and reading articles on whether or not Lunchables cause rickets.

I used to say I had him too young...yeah, not anymore!

Love,

the only forty-nine year old mom who goes home to a glass of wine and a Lush bath bomb every night

Giiiiiiiiiirl.  It's ridiculous.  First off, you're expected to make all of their food from scratch.  NO PROCESSED OR BOXED FOODS OR YOU WILL BE CHASTISED FOR OBVIOUSLY TRYING TO MURDER YOUR SWEET LITTLE ANGELS.   Oh, you work full-time, too?  Well, I guess you'll just have to stay up later then, hmm?  You must limit all screen time to 3 minutes a day.  How will the little darlings entertain themselves?  They WON'T, silly pants!  That's YOUR job!  You're in charge of creating entertaining and fun games made out of nothing but twigs and leaves foraged from a nearby forest!  If you get them from your backyard you're obviously not trying hard enough.  You also need to have them enrolled in a MINIMUM of three activities each.  But there's no driving there and dropping them off, you lazy asshole.  You will be expected to stay through the entire activity and bring snacks for everyone (do I need to even remind you they need to be organic, homemade snacks? Also, no wheat, gluten, dairy, sugar or nuts, mmmkay?)   You are also expected to volunteer in their classroom (that pesky job getting in the way again?  SORRY YOU DON'T LOVE YOUR KIDS, LAZY!) and plan playdates for them at LEAST twice a week.  And don't you DARE think of just dropping them off at said playdate and having a little time for yourself.  NO.  You must stay there and make awkward small talk with all other parents.  But no drinks to lube those social wheels, you degenerate.  There will be no drinking, no smoking, none of that horrible stuff!  Kid not sleeping well? That's because you're a terrible MONSTER for wanting them to sleep in their own rooms!  They should be sleeping with YOU!  Who cares if they go to bed at seven p.m?  You'll just have to lay there silently until the little angels drift off to dreamland.  Guess those organic, locally sourced meals from scratch will have to be done another time!  

And don't forget to document every single activity with appropriate filters so you can immediately post on social media to make all other acquaintances feel inadequate about their own lives.  #knowbetterdobetter.

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 13
23 hours ago, lezlers said:

I was kind of laughing at this too during the show. I don't know how one jumps from "I won't take any pills, not even melatonin" to "I need to go to an inpatient rehab center for depression."  Whaaaa???  I know a LOT of people (including myself) that have gone to therapy and have taken medication for depression and anxiety.  I know very, very few people who have actually gone to inpatient facilities.  Those people were DEEPLY in need of immediate help because they were a danger to themselves and/or others.   Inpatient psych facilities aren't for people who just want a vacation from their lives, which is what Tyler and Cate seem to believe they're there for.

I honestly think they are just so bored, they are looking for something to DO.  They need to go to an in-patient place because they have nothing else to do, and they need some structure.

1 hour ago, lezlers said:

HA!  I feel ya, I hate playing with my kids.  I love them more than anything but I really hate playing trucks or whatever (I have 2 boys).  I will do a puzzle here or there, and I like to take them to the zoo, etc., but playing with them - no thanks.

• Love 6

No I agree, over-parenting drives me crazy.  I was a child of the 70's and was locked outside most days.  My now teenage boys know my parenting style isn't "let's talk in baby voices" and signing them up for every activity under the sun.  I never fully enjoyed spending most days playing with them and I wanted them to be independent, but knew I need to get down on the floor and play Hot Wheels with them from time to time because they loved it and they're only young once and soon they don't want you around (where they're at now).  But my comment wasn't meant to be personal to anyone here, I just feel this way about Maci.  Like I said, maybe it's just her monotone voice that makes her seem bored with life, but there's just something I'm not feeling when it comes to her and the kids.  They want to add more, but she just always seems so preoccupied with her phone, etc.  Much like Jenelle.  Well, not as bad as Jenelle.  Jenelle doesn't even own a heart.  She doesn't even have a black heart.  

• Love 5

@teapot that blog was hilarious- thanks for the laugh!

The girls on this show are going to have a wake up call when the show is cancelled. 

Edited by druzy
  • Love 2

Giiiiiiiiiirl.  It's ridiculous.  First off, you're expected to make all of their food from scratch.  NO PROCESSED OR BOXED FOODS OR YOU WILL BE CHASTISED FOR OBVIOUSLY TRYING TO MURDER YOUR SWEET LITTLE ANGELS.   Oh, you work full-time, too?  Well, I guess you'll just have to stay up later then, hmm?  You must limit all screen time to 3 minutes a day.  How will the little darlings entertain themselves?  They WON'T, silly pants!  That's YOUR job!  You're in charge of creating entertaining and fun games made out of nothing but twigs and leaves foraged from a nearby forest!  If you get them from your backyard you're obviously not trying hard enough.  You also need to have them enrolled in a MINIMUM of three activities each.  But there's no driving there and dropping them off, you lazy asshole.  You will be expected to stay through the entire activity and bring snacks for everyone (do I need to even remind you they need to be organic, homemade snacks? Also, no wheat, gluten, dairy, sugar or nuts, mmmkay?)   You are also expected to volunteer in their classroom (that pesky job getting in the way again?  SORRY YOU DON'T LOVE YOUR KIDS, LAZY!) and plan playdates for them at LEAST twice a week.  And don't you DARE think of just dropping them off at said playdate and having a little time for yourself.  NO.  You must stay there and make awkward small talk with all other parents.  But no drinks to lube those social wheels, you degenerate.  There will be no drinking, no smoking, none of that horrible stuff!  Kid not sleeping well? That's because you're a terrible MONSTER for wanting them to sleep in their own rooms!  They should be sleeping with YOU!  Who cares if they go to bed at seven p.m?  You'll just have to lay there silently until the little angels drift off to dreamland.  Guess those organic, locally sourced meals from scratch will have to be done another time!  

And don't forget to document every single activity with appropriate filters so you can immediately post on social media to make all other acquaintances feel inadequate about their own lives.  #knowbetterdobetter.

The food thing drives me crazy. I'm totally a shitty mom because I feed my kids oscar meyer hotdogs and Campbells chicken noodle soup for lunch whenever I am home. I do  give them fresh fruit and vegetables with it though. "Cooking dinner" usually means throwing a bag of frozen pasta from the grocery store into a pan and nuking some vegetables in one of those steamer bags.

The activities thing really gets me too. I signed my daughter up for a community ed dance class for beginners. She didn't like it. I signed her up for a soccer league (community ed, for preschoolers, very laid back). She stood on the field with the hem of her jersey in her mouth while all the other kids ran up and down the field past her. And I had to drag her to both after the first day when SHE begged me to sign her up! Some of my friends say keep trying, she'll get it, and she'll thank you for making her stick with it, and I'm like, fuck that. I am not spending every Sat morning and Tuesday night dragging her to someplace she doesn't want to be just on the off chance it becomes a real hobby for her down the road. Besides, with my genetics, it's not like she's going to be good at sports anyways. So for now, her hobby is watching kids open easter eggs on Youtube. I let her do it so I can have a few moments of peace. And by "a few moments", I mean like  a lot of moments. All my cousins' kids though are in hockey, dance, piano, gymnastics, you name it. Every weekend is devoted to their various activities.

• Love 9

You know that phobia people have where they can't stand to look at weird patterned things? It's called trypophobia?  They get like a visceral reaction to the sight of these things. That's 100% how I feel about NotMatt. I am so beyond grossed out by him it's actually unsettling. 

**I just diagnosed myself with NotMattophobia.**

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 10
17 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

How interesting that Catelynn, Maci and Amber all get pregnant when cheaper Briana is brought aboard TM2....

I didn't think of that! Anything for a check. 

If Farrah doesn't come back next season I think they will cancel TMOG or combine it with TM2. The cast would probably be Jenelle, Leah, Kannal, Amber and maybe Catelynn.

• Love 1

Well hey, it looked like Maci had an actual playroom for her kids and they were sitting in there while the kids played. So, that's good?

My kids are in a Montessori preschool and I usually phone it in for lunches and dinners (because -GASP- I work full time). And my older son doesn't want us touching his cars while he plays, so I usually spend my time keeping the 1 year old occupied with HIS toys to keep the peace. But yeah, weekends? Here's an iPad for you, this house doesn't clean itself.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, DudeLeaveMeAlone said:

Well hey, it looked like Maci had an actual playroom for her kids and they were sitting in there while the kids played. So, that's good?

Maci also has a party backyard — Bar, pool, the works. MTV purposefully keeps it out of frame, much like Kail’s yard, to not reveal how opulent these women live. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, druzy said:

I didn't think of that! Anything for a check. 

If Farrah doesn't come back next season I think they will cancel TMOG or combine it with TM2. The cast would probably be Jenelle, Leah, Kannal, Amber and maybe Catelynn.

I don't think they'd leave Maci out though. She's the most popular teen mom, and is at this point considered the "success story" for being married, (sort of) employed, and not suffering any mental health issues.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, lezlers said:

I love this....cracked me up.  I was just thinking about this the other day, how my parents never played with me, but that was totally okay!  It was just totally different then.... so funny how different.

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, Tatum said:

The food thing drives me crazy. I'm totally a shitty mom because I feed my kids oscar meyer hotdogs and Campbells chicken noodle soup for lunch whenever I am home. I do  give them fresh fruit and vegetables with it though. "Cooking dinner" usually means throwing a bag of frozen pasta from the grocery store into a pan and nuking some vegetables in one of those steamer bags.

You do warm it up, right? lol  Not straight outta the can. Don't pull no Leah Messer shit. lol

@ShaNaeNae I got your post.

I think the times Maci is shown playing with her kids on camera, it is just that, for the camera just like a lot of what she says is for the camera. The Maci we saw where she was in the hot tub drinking while telling Bentley to tend to and care for Jayde, THAT is the real parent she is to her kids. I do know she is there for Bentley when he has his ball games and such. Ryan should be just as involved. Too bad he is a drug addict. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, lezlers said:

@lezlers DEAD!!!!!! LMAO

14 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

You do warm it up, right? lol  Not straight outta the can. Don't pull no Leah Messer shit. lol

Duh! I'm the freakin QUEEN of the microwave! I've made a 4 course dinner with the microwave!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, lezlers said:

1 hour ago, Tatum said:

The activities thing really gets me too. I signed my daughter up for a community ed dance class for beginners. She didn't like it. I signed her up for a soccer league (community ed, for preschoolers, very laid back). She stood on the field with the hem of her jersey in her mouth while all the other kids ran up and down the field past her. And I had to drag her to both after the first day when SHE begged me to sign her up! Some of my friends say keep trying, she'll get it, and she'll thank you for making her stick with it, and I'm like, fuck that. I am not spending every Sat morning and Tuesday night dragging her to someplace she doesn't want to be just on the off chance it becomes a real hobby for her down the road. Besides, with my genetics, it's not like she's going to be good at sports anyways. So for now, her hobby is watching kids open easter eggs on Youtube. I let her do it so I can have a few moments of peace. And by "a few moments", I mean like  a lot of moments. All my cousins' kids though are in hockey, dance, piano, gymnastics, you name it. Every weekend is devoted to their various activities.

Ya'll (and my other buddies here who posted similar replies) are moms after my own heart.

Betty Draper is my mom-spirit-animal. Sorry not sorry. Betty Draper with less money, a full-time job outside of the home, and no hired help, but still....I won't apologize.  "Only boring people are bored. Go bang your head against a wall." 

Taking care of three kids can be tough. It's a lot of work to deal with two toddlers (in diapers!) plus an older kid. It's a lot of work just to keep the house somewhat clean, everyone's clothes washed, get everyone where they have to go (school, doctor's visits, etc), keeping everyone fed, bathing/changing kids, etc that honestly I don't blame Maci for not "playing" with her kids.  It's hard enough to keep everything running in a household with lots of kids, let alone spend a lot of time constantly entertaining and interacting with those kids. My guess is Taylor seems like the one who plays/ bonds with the kids more because he has more time to do so, since Maci is keeping the household running, so to speak. My guess is she probably also does most of the "mental labor" in the relationship, too - remembering/making doctor's appointments, remembering stuff to bring to school on certain days, remembering extended family members' birthdays, etc. He can be the fun parent because Maci is probably the one doing most of the work.  (Ugh...totally not a Maci fan, but I just defended her. I might be projecting some, too. LOL)

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, Tatum said:

Duh! I'm the freakin QUEEN of the microwave! I've made a 4 course dinner with the microwave!

lol *high five* 

You reminded me of one time when I was having some wine and appetizers with some girlfriends. Two of them commented how they don't have microwaves and there is no reason for them to have one. The comments about how they use their stove had me feeling as if I should be feeling guilty for daring to have one. Me, I love my microwave. I have used it for microwaving those frozen lasagna dinners in a snap when I don't have time to pop it in the oven for an hour because I had a busy day. It is my huge coffee warmer, and it comes in handy when I serve my husband's food on his plate and I heat it up when he comes home from work. I suppose I could just heat up food in the pot or the pan that it was made in, but why? I could stand there as it heats up in a pan which would take about 7 minutes or I could zap it in my micro in 35 seconds. 

I bet Amber can't even bother with a microwave. It takes too long. It also means having to get off her ass. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

@ShaNaeNae I got your post.

I think the times Maci is shown playing with her kids on camera, it is just that, for the camera just like a lot of what she says is for the camera. The Maci we saw where she was in the hot tub drinking while telling Bentley to tend to and care for Jayde, THAT is the real parent she is to her kids. I do know she is there for Bentley when he has his ball games and such. Ryan should be just as involved. Too bad he is a drug addict. 

Exactly, exactly GreatKazu. You're much better with words than I am.  I mean, she's "there" but she's not THERE.  Physically, yes.  Mentally, eh.  And what are you talking about Ryan?  Doncha know he graduated early?  He was so ahead of the rehab class, they told him, "here's your drug free certificate.  You're cured!  That's it!  You don't need to learn anything...you know it all.  And your wife does too!  Now go on home you crazy kids and pop open a beer and celebrate your success!"  I think that's how rehab operates.

• Love 3

Amber and Cate better get on the baby train and start having more children...these uneducated buffoons are not smart enough to maintain their current lifestyles once the show ends....they need kids so they can apply for those welfare benefits.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

I literally can't wait for the day that this shit show ends and bitches like Amber, Jenelle and Tyler have to actually work for a living to survive.  

Celebrity boxing, or porn. At least one of them will end up living with a drug dealer.

13 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

And speaking of the heiress, they really need to put in more of an effort, other than to treat her like a parrot. They still interact with her as if she is an infant. 

Their child is not a person to them at all. They do not have the faintest notion how to deal with her. She's three, right? or close to it? She should have words and be making simple sentences by now. I cannot even imagine how they're going to react when she comes home pregnant at 15.

1 hour ago, Tatum said:

You give your kids vegetables? You, my dear, are Mother of the Year. I once gave my son a dollar to eat a carrot. He never did activities because we are poor and he, like his mother, wasn't much of a joiner. The kids in our city got a musical instrument and lessons from fourth grade on and he did clarinet for a few years, but lost interest. I let him watch TV and he had his own laptop at a fairly early age (graphomotor problems), with parental controls. He watched videos on Youtube. We watched trashy reality shows together and stuff like World's Most Amazing Videos. We'd go out to lunch often, from the time he was three or so, and we had a few board games we'd play. I drew the line at Yu-Gi-Oh, which I tried to play once but I whined and bitched the whole time. His response? "I know you don't like it, Mommy, but you want me to be happy, don't you?" LOL. He'll be 24 in a few days. He is remarkably undamaged by my unconventional mothering--graduated culinary school, has a good job, his own place, a car, scads of friends, and still likes to hang with his old mom on his odd Sunday off so we can brunch, enjoy craft cocktails, and snark on the world. If that's being a shitty mother, so be it.

• Love 10

This reminded me of this, AKA one of the funniest internet things I've ever seen. It's a damn peanut butter sandwich! 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Tatum said:

Wait - isn't this what everyone does?  I feel like I am killing it when I can get them to eat a veggie, a protein and noodles or something.

HA!  What is the deal with kids watching other kids open toys and play with them on youtube??  I mean, I do not get it, but it entertains them, so ok.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Ya'll (and my other buddies here who posted similar replies) are moms after my own heart.

Betty Draper is my mom-spirit-animal. Sorry not sorry. Betty Draper with less money, a full-time job outside of the home, and no hired help, but still....I won't apologize.  "Only boring people are bored. Go bang your head against a wall." 

Taking care of three kids can be tough. It's a lot of work to deal with two toddlers (in diapers!) plus an older kid. It's a lot of work just to keep the house somewhat clean, everyone's clothes washed, get everyone where they have to go (school, doctor's visits, etc), keeping everyone fed, bathing/changing kids, etc that honestly I don't blame Maci for not "playing" with her kids.  It's hard enough to keep everything running in a household with lots of kids, let alone spend a lot of time constantly entertaining and interacting with those kids. My guess is Taylor seems like the one who plays/ bonds with the kids more because he has more time to do so, since Maci is keeping the household running, so to speak. My guess is she probably also does most of the "mental labor" in the relationship, too - remembering/making doctor's appointments, remembering stuff to bring to school on certain days, remembering extended family members' birthdays, etc. He can be the fun parent because Maci is probably the one doing most of the work.  (Ugh...totally not a Maci fan, but I just defended her. I might be projecting some, too. LOL)

I totally agree.  I mean, I've got a 5 year old and a 3 year old and it's a ton of work. I couldn't imagine having two under two plus a nine year old and keeping all the trains moving on time.   People will talk shit about maci no matter WHAT she does and I'll admit, there's plenty of shit to talk.  But not playing with her kids enough?   Yeah, no.   If that makes her a shitty mom, there's probably a LOT more shitty moms out there than decent ones.

1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

lol *high five* 

You reminded me of one time when I was having some wine and appetizers with some girlfriends. Two of them commented how they don't have microwaves and there is no reason for them to have one. The comments about how they use their stove had me feeling as if I should be feeling guilty for daring to have one. Me, I love my microwave. I have used it for microwaving those frozen lasagna dinners in a snap when I don't have time to pop it in the oven for an hour because I had a busy day. It is my huge coffee warmer, and it comes in handy when I serve my husband's food on his plate and I heat it up when he comes home from work. I suppose I could just heat up food in the pot or the pan that it was made in, but why? I could stand there as it heats up in a pan which would take about 7 minutes or I could zap it in my micro in 35 seconds. 

I bet Amber can't even bother with a microwave. It takes too long. It also means having to get off her ass. 

I love my microwave too.  If I could, I'd marry it.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

HA!  What is the deal with kids watching other kids open toys and play with them on youtube??  I mean, I do not get it, but it entertains them, so ok.

I like clothes & makeup haul videos, especially when I'm trying not to shop!  Is that the same thing?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I once gave my son a dollar to eat a carrot.

Hahahahaha. My mom once offered me 5 bucks to eat a tuna fish sandwich in the early 90s. I would only eat pepperoni sandwiches, and would have gone hungry (well, for a day or so anyways) before eating ham, turkey, peanut butter, bologna, salami, roast beef, etc, and tuna was a last ditch effort on my mom's part to get me to eat something besides pepperoni. I was interested in making some money but thought the full sandwich was too big a commitment so negotiated half a sandwich for $2.50 instead. My mom agreed in the hopes that once I tried it, I'd like it. I choked it down but never voluntarily ate another one until adulthood. I'm much less of a picky eater now than as a kid.

22 minutes ago, lezlers said:

I totally agree.  I mean, I've got a 5 year old and a 3 year old and it's a ton of work. I couldn't imagine having two under two plus a nine year old and keeping all the trains moving on time.   People will talk shit about maci no matter WHAT she does and I'll admit, there's plenty of shit to talk.  But not playing with her kids enough?   Yeah, no.   If that makes her a shitty mom, there's probably a LOT more shitty moms out there than decent ones.

Yeah, I prefer to snark on Maci for things that couldn't also be said about me.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Tatum said:

Yes! Last week some lady in the grocery store tried to lecture me about the fruit cups I was buying Baby Birdee. Come on now, they were even packed in coconut water, not syrup! I can only imagine if Amber ran into someone like that at the market. Oh who am I kidding? Baby Baby Huey will be lucky if he even knows what the inside of a grocery store looks like. Now a fast food join...that's another story.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Birdee said:

Yes! Last week some lady in the grocery store tried to lecture me about the fruit cups I was buying Baby Birdee. Come on now, they were even packed in coconut water, not syrup! I can only imagine if Amber ran into someone like that at the market. Oh who am I kidding? Baby Baby Huey will be lucky if he even knows what the inside of a grocery store looks like. Now a fast food join...that's another story.

You know, it's a miracle the Earth's population has managed to survive what with all of these food born hazards lurking around every corner!  GMOs, peanuts, wheat, sugar, gluten, dairy, anything packaged or processed  IT WILL ALL KILL YOU AND EVERYONE YOU LOVE!

#knowbetterdobetter

• Love 7
4 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

HA!  I feel ya, I hate playing with my kids.  I love them more than anything but I really hate playing trucks or whatever (I have 2 boys).  I will do a puzzle here or there, and I like to take them to the zoo, etc., but playing with them - no thanks.

I'm the same way. I'm down for a board game or cards. I like to read to them, and I LOVE going on outings with them - we hike, go to the zoo, check out museums, etc. But I ain't gonna sit down on the floor and play dinosaurs and princess with you. That's what your brothers/sisters are for. LOL! 

I also homeschool my kids, so I feel we get PLENTY of interaction with each other. I need some me time. So yea, I'm going to sit here and read my book while you hellions make a fort in your bedroom. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

This reminded me of this, AKA one of the funniest internet things I've ever seen. It's a damn peanut butter sandwich! 

The fuck???!! Somebody has waaayyy  too much time on her hands. She needs a cocktail or or a side piece or something.   And I say that a food person who likes to cook every night, but Jesus, Mary and Joseph a fucking how to on peanut butter slices? Not even Martha Fucking Stewart would stoop to something this gimmicky and needelssly stupid.

Yeah, apparently I am a raging bitch on Thursdays, too. Who knew? ;-) 

Edited by Chickabiddy
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

That peanut butter and honey wand chick has been my go-to for a good laugh for several months now.  I have that posted on my FB.  The comments on the Food Network FB page are gold.  

• Love 2

I like playing board games with my son but I absolutely do not want to do imagination games where we pretend something.  Build a fort and I can pretend to be a bear hibernating in it. I'll do a good job at laying down and closing my eyes.   I had my son at 29 and my daughter at 37 and there is such a huge difference in energy level.  I stayed at home with him and just started back to work when I got pregnant with her and I didn't want to keep staying at home - my brain was melting!!!!  So I might have less time but I try and go to play groups, story time at the library, park where I am engaged with her. If I am at home I'm doing chores and find it hard to sit down with her.  She won't let me zone out but I would LOVE TO, I can tell you that. She's only 19 months so we aren't quite fully independent yet.  

• Love 5
20 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

The first time I saw this I swore it was a joke, like one of those funny or die skits.  I could not fucking BELIEVE this chick was for real.  If you need a shortcut for slapping some peanut butter on a slice of bread, you need to reprioritize your life.

• Love 8

Buddies! Y'all are my spirit animals...

Count me in as another one that doesn't necessarily like playing with my kids (board games, sports, crafts, etc. are fine but "pretend" and the like make me want to pull my hair out). We use our microwave at least once a day and my daughter doesn't understand that there are meats outside of chicken legs. 

Edited by mamadrama
  • Love 8
22 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

I don't understand the point of rolling out and freezing peanut butter. It.makes.no.sense. 

My kids are adults, but I remember hating on other parents who were right out there on the jungle gym at the playground. Play with them? Um, no, they play by themselves or with others so I could have some peace, at least for a minute or two.

I'm not a grandmother yet, but I plan to teach my grandkids  to fix me gin and  tonic and refill my wine glass, just like my parents did. I could mix a mean whiskey and soda by the time I was 8. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 8
On 1/24/2018 at 4:16 PM, lezlers said:

I think the poster was talking about how Amber and Matt got producer Heather fired after Heather told Amber Matt was cheating on her.

I don't think that's fair.  You can say a lot about Maci but she definitely loves her kids and bonds with them.  I've seen her playing with her kids in countless scenes on this show. 

@ShaNaeNae never said she didn't love her kids. She posted that Maci may play with them, but she doesn't seem like she is into it. I agree with this sentiment because it seems almost a lot of Maci shows us on camera is the image she wants us to soak in. It is all about appearances. Maci loves to self-edit. One can bond with their kids without actually playing with them throughout the day, as many have attested. That is why Maci ships them off to day-care full-time so they can play and interact with other children. It also allows her to enjoy her beers. That's what she is bonded to. I feel like ShaNaeNae's comment got turned into something else. She never implied Maci had to be that over-involved parent that is being described.

If Maci is normally not the kind of mom who is engaging in activities or playing games with her kids for the most part, nothing wrong with that. It doesn't make her shitty mother which was never implied. However, IMO what makes her a shitty person is her pushing out there these scenes that are to favor St. Maci of Bud Lite. She does things just for the sake of the cameras. Don't try and show me that you are the mom who sits there and engages in games or activities with your kids if that is not what you do when MTV is not around. You look so bored anyways, and it shows right through that it is not the norm for you, Maci.

Maci acting all buddy-buddy and telling Ambie how much she loves her. I believe when the cameras are not there, she is talking all kinds of crap about Ambie and Catelynn to Taylor. Again, Maci playing it up for the cameras. That makes her a shitty person.

Maci and this adoption storyline. Seriously? A story line that Maci is projecting to the viewers because she has nothing else going on in her life. That makes her a shitty person.

Maci discussing her miscarriage on camera after agreeing with Taylor that they wouldn't mention it. That makes her a shitty person.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 13

hahaha when Maci was on the phone with Amber and even after she got off when she was like "i'm so happy for Amber".. I was thinking.. hahah yeah okay. As soon as the cameras left she's probably like, "what a fuckin moron".

• Love 16
On 1/24/2018 at 11:52 PM, mamadrama said:

You can form an addiction to Xanax. As a chronic pain sufferer who's spent years on opioids, I get the difference between addiction and dependency and I'm quick to point those differences out, but Xanax is considered one of the most addictive benzos on the market. People really do take it for fun and experience feelings of euphoria and relaxation on it. I get what you're saying about antidepressants, though. You don't get addicted to things like Prozac, Elavil, etc. (Damn, you sure can withdrawal from them, though.)

Reminds me of several years ago when we got a cannabis Rx for Mr. Guilfoyle. You had to bring in your anxiety Rx to get it. The doctor took the bottle and shook it and mentioned that he'd had a problem with Xanax in the past (my means of empathizing that it's not an ideal fix for it). It clearly was a trigger for him. Nice dude, though. 

On 1/25/2018 at 7:19 AM, lezlers said:

All this talk about mommying in the new millennium has had me ROTFLMFAO. I'm firmly Gen X with older Baby Boomer parents..and a SIX YEAR OLD. There is PRESSURE. Nitrate free, gluten free, nut free, lactose free, HFCS free, from locally sourced free range grass fed cows not treated with RBST, no individual packaging, not frozen, no pesticides or BPA exposure, no screen time, baby carrying, cloth diapering, extended breastfeeding, co-sleeping, homemade goat milk based formula with vitamin D supplements...Jesus God. It makes me want to hide under my bed and order McDonalds delivery via app.

FUCKING LUNCHABLES!

Ok, thank you for letting me get that out. I need to go listen to some Dead Kennedys so I can remember the girl who wore torn stockings and doc martens daily. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, SPLAIN said:

@ShaNaeNae never said she didn't love her kids. She posted that Maci may play with them, but she doesn't seem like she is into it. I agree with this sentiment because it seems almost a lot of Maci shows us on camera is the image she wants us to soak in. It is all about appearances. Maci loves to self-edit. One can bond with their kids without actually playing with them throughout the day, as many have attested. That is why Maci ships them off to day-care full-time so they can play and interact with other children. It also allows her to enjoy her beers. That's what she is bonded to. I feel like ShaNaeNae's comment got turned into something else. She never implied Maci had to be that over-involved parent that is being described.

If Maci is normally not the kind of mom who is engaging in activities or playing games with her kids for the most part, nothing wrong with that. It doesn't make her shitty mother which was never implied. However, IMO what makes her a shitty person is her pushing out there these scenes that are to favor St. Maci of Bud Lite. She does things just for the sake of the cameras. Don't try and show me that you are the mom who sits there and engages in games or activities with your kids if that is not what you do when MTV is not around. You look so bored anyways, and it shows right through that it is not the norm for you, Maci.

Maci acting all buddy-buddy and telling Ambie how much she loves her. I believe when the cameras are not there, she is talking all kinds of crap about Ambie and Catelynn to Taylor. Again, Maci playing it up for the cameras. That makes her a shitty person.

Maci and this adoption storyline. Seriously? A story line that Maci is projecting to the viewers because she has nothing else going on in her life. That makes her a shitty person.

Maci discussing her miscarriage on camera after agreeing with Taylor that they wouldn't mention it. That makes her a shitty person.

Agree to disagree.  This is what that poster said:

"Maci is such a know-it-all sad sack.  I can't stand how she was just ho-hum about the limo and doesn't even attempt to look nice for dinner.  Is it me or does she not bond at all with her kids?  She wants a bunch but she doesn't seem to have any connection with them."

I agree with you that one can bond with their kids without actually playing with them.  Unfortunately the poster said the exact opposite.   Definitely disagree that Maci being a shitty mother wasn't implied.  I think it's safe to say saying a mother isn't bonded with her kids and has no connection to them could be reasonably interpreted as being a shitty mother.

Not that it matters, because that poster and I discussed the comments and moved on.  :)

• Love 2
On 1/25/2018 at 7:19 AM, teapot said:

I'm getting way off topic, guys, but this is hilarious:

https://www.babble.com/parenting/if-70s-moms-had-blogs/

Classic! If 70s Moms had Blogs:

"Matt had been down at the lake fishing with all the other 4-year-olds and he came back yelling that he had a fishhook caught in his lip, so I had to get the pliers and cut it out for him. I gave him some ice, told him to stop crying, and sent him back to the lake to fish some more."

"Around noon the kids all came back from wherever they were and I made them fried baloney sandwiches on Wonder Bread with some Tastykakes for dessert."

• Love 9

Unfortunately the poster said the exact opposite.   Definitely disagree that Maci being a shitty mother wasn't implied.  I think it's safe to say saying a mother isn't bonded with her kids and has no connection to them could be reasonably interpreted as being a shitty mother.

Hi, ShaNaeNae here.  It was a simple observation about Maci from my eyes.  I didn't say you can only bond with your kids by playing with them.  I did say I tend to see Taylor play with them more.  I just don't see Maci doing much of anything besides what she needs to to get by.  I see her there, but she's not engaged.  She's either on her phone, social media, talking about herself, talking about Ryan.  Never said or implied she was a shitty mother.  I said AND implied she's got no connection wither her kids.  That's all.  Sure, they have a nice home, the kids appear clean and taken care of, but Maci first and foremost only cares about Maci and the image Maci wants the world to see.

Thanks, SPLAIN for your post.

• Love 7
46 minutes ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Classic! If 70s Moms had Blogs:

"Matt had been down at the lake fishing with all the other 4-year-olds and he came back yelling that he had a fishhook caught in his lip, so I had to get the pliers and cut it out for him. I gave him some ice, told him to stop crying, and sent him back to the lake to fish some more."

"Around noon the kids all came back from wherever they were and I made them fried baloney sandwiches on Wonder Bread with some Tastykakes for dessert."

I saw this online and read it last year and died.  Just read it again and it was like the very first time!  Hilarious.   I'm so jealous of my mom.

• Love 2

Agree to disagree.  This is what that poster said:

"Maci is such a know-it-all sad sack.  I can't stand how she was just ho-hum about the limo and doesn't even attempt to look nice for dinner.  Is it me or does she not bond at all with her kids?  She wants a bunch but she doesn't seem to have any connection with them."

I agree with you that one can bond with their kids without actually playing with them.  Unfortunately the poster said the exact opposite.   Definitely disagree that Maci being a shitty mother wasn't implied.  I think it's safe to say saying a mother isn't bonded with her kids and has no connection to them could be reasonably interpreted as being a shitty mother.

Not that it matters, because that poster and I discussed the comments and moved on.  :)

You may have moved on, but it was my first post on the matter. : )

I read all of the comments and I know what ShaNaeNae posted and what was said in response.

I was simply agreeing with her assessment that Maci doesn't seem that engaging with her children. When she is engaging with them, she seems to have that ho-hum attitude. It was that same ho-hum attitude she had at dinner. What a downer she appears to be. No enthusiasm or joy in her voice when talking about adoption. Maci showed more joy and excitement about that keg at that fake office they were going to rent. It might be just how Maci is personality-wise when she is with her kids. Whatever, it is an opinion that I formed from my observations and it is an opinion that I happen to share with the original poster and others.

• Love 6