Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E04: Buddy's Missing

• Start Topic

On 1/24/2018 at 2:17 PM, PityFree said:

They pronounce it like Towel, so that’s what I thought it was for the longest time.

Ha ha!!  I thought the same, exact thing.  She talked about how she had said "towel" once and Babs thought she meant Tal.  Well that's because she calls Tal "Towel"!!!  :D

• Love 3

In a flu haze last week, I tried watching this dreck. They really need to delete the 'Fabulous' from the title of this show. The 'Big, Fat Life' part, sure. But 'fabulous' is not a word I would use to describe this nutbar's life. I have seen nothing fabulous, more like 'My Big, Fat, Lazy Made-Up Drama Life'. And her loud ass cackling and OMGing. I just can't. 

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 10

Everybody has a smartphone. Nobody is "missing" . Christ. You can "pin " anyway? And seriously Whitney, only reason you are upset is now its one less barnacle to bully.

Lets hope this is the beginning of the inevitable Mutiny among friends and Family.

Everyone hates you.

you sure cry a lot for someone so happy

asshole.

Edited by Nancypants
  • Love 8
On 1/29/2018 at 5:57 AM, Nancypants said:

Everybody has a smartphone. Nobody is "missing" . Christ. You can "pin " anyway? And seriously Whitney, only reason you are upset is now its one less barnacle to bully.

Lets hope this is the beginning of the inevitable Mutiny among friends and Family.

Everyone hates you.

you sure cry a lot for someone so happy

asshole.

This. You can only be one-way friends with a narcissist for so long before you just can't take it anymore. Other people could see something was up, but not Whitney. She's like a black hole, sucking the light out of everyone around her. Hopefully Buddy broke free for good. 

• Love 6
On 1/24/2018 at 1:34 AM, princelina said:

When she said "I didn't get the khaki shorts dress code" I immediately felt thankful that she didn't - or she would have pulled those nude leggings from several years ago out of a drawer!

YASSS!!!! And can I say how grateful I am that they didn't go for a set of tennis! Twit in tennis whites???? Aw hell no! 

• Love 2
On 1/24/2018 at 8:07 AM, RabbiBeth said:

The pregnant woman stuff - I was wondering where the baby dad is, too.  WTF with Whitney taking the classes with pregnant mom - where's the dad?  Oh yea, the whole thing is super fake and TLC is desperate...hence Whitney crying, making it about her and ultimately diapering a couple cats as practice.  

I don't know. The story about the baby-daddy sounds reasonable and Ashley seems to have some sense about her. If he isn't around, I take that as evidence of his good sense not to get roped into this shit show. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Maggienolia said:

Tal, short for Talmadge (his middle name).

Talmadge was my grandfathers name! Yes, he was called Tal. Also "Sir, Captain Sir", he was a Marine and Virginia State Trooper. A big teddy bear, but god forbid you wanted to take my mom (his daughter) out on a date.

• Love 3
On 1/26/2018 at 10:23 AM, Alapaki said:

To give Whitney somewhat of the benefit of the doubt, my recollection is that she and Buddy were previously renting this house (yeah, I know, but I'm suspending disbelief) and the owner wanted to put it on the market so Whitney decided to buy it (again, suspending disbelief).  Given the big deal Whitney made out of converting the garage into a "dance studio", if she'd been the one to convert the attic, I think we would've seen or heard about that.  

IIRC, the upstairs wasn't altered by Twit post-purchase. I'd have to go back and watch the episode, but it looks the same as when they toured the house before renting. And Twit has said more than once that the only reason Buddy had the upstairs bedroom was because she couldn't handle the stairs. 

• Love 4

In the extended or extra-fat or whatever they call it version, they do explain the oopsie with the clubs. Glenn got her left-handed clubs but she golfs right-handed. 

And they're at Bryan Park which appears to be a public course. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Maggienolia said:

In the extended or extra-fat or whatever they call it version, they do explain the oopsie with the clubs. Glenn got her left-handed clubs but she golfs right-handed. 

A public course which, at least for tournament play (I don't know if it makes any difference) requires collared shirts.

6 minutes ago, Maggienolia said:

I'm a pathetic golfer but no way would I go ahead and use lefty clubs if someone got me those to use and I was a rightie. Methinks TLC shot at one tee and left. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, AUJulia said:

I'm a pathetic golfer but no way would I go ahead and use lefty clubs if someone got me those to use and I was a rightie. Methinks TLC shot at one tee and left. 

She and Glenn are both left-handed which is why he got her left-handed clubs. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Maggienolia said:

Glenn got her left-handed clubs but she golfs right-handed. 

Since she never golfed a day in her life, how can she say she "golfs right-handed"?

• Love 2
Just now, Dot said:

Since she never golfed a day in her life, how can she say she "golfs right-handed"?

That really surprised me. Glenn never took Whit golfing? Ever? It’s not like he has 10 kids to share his attention or works two jobs.  You would think he’d want to share his hobby with his children. I wonder if it’s ever taking Hunter.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Dot said:

She said that she swung a bat right-handed (and demonstrated awkwardly)... so they figured it out from there... 

OH MY GOD - she just said that she once offered a nipple to her cat. I SHIT YOU NOT .... there is nothing NO-THING fabulous about this woman or her life.... Oh. My. F*ing. God. I can't believe what I just heard. I think I'm going to need therapy. And Ashley is saying that her diapering her cats isn't right?!?!?! how about trying to f*ing BREAST FEED them!!!!! OH MY GOD.... 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Maggienolia said:

She said that she swung a bat right-handed (and demonstrated awkwardly)... so they figured it out from there... 

OH MY GOD - she just said that she once offered a nipple to her cat. I SHIT YOU NOT .... there is nothing NO-THING fabulous about this woman or her life.... Oh. My. F*ing. God. I can't believe what I just heard. I think I'm going to need therapy. And Ashley is saying that her diapering her cats isn't right?!?!?! how about trying to f*ing BREAST FEED them!!!!! OH MY GOD.... 

That scene made me nauseous. She wasn't trying to breast feed the cat. How could she have been - she wasn't lactating. I think she just wanted to see what it felt like to have the cat suckle her nipple. If that was actually true, and she wasn't just making it up for shock value, there is seriously something wrong with her. There are criminal laws against people using animals for sexual gratification, and she is treading very close to the line here.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Maggienolia said:

She and Glenn are both left-handed which is why he got her left-handed clubs. 

Oh I know. I'm just saying if I golfed right I wouldn't try to make do with lefty clubs. The fact that she did, suggests to me that they didn't really (plan to) play a whole game and it was over once TLC got the footage from the first tee. 

• Love 4

Everybody has a smartphone. Nobody is "missing" . 

I'm not a Whitney apologist (or a Buddy apologist) but - of course people can still go missing. They leave their phones home, lose them, don't answer them, let the batteries die... or go to rehab and aren't allowed to have them...

• Love 4
On 1/24/2018 at 2:32 PM, Brooks said:

The kitten has been described as unkempt and kind of mangy looking, yet was presumably in good shelter care.  That can be a sign of an unhealthy kitten.  I suppose if the kitten has passed away Whit would have told us on FB.

It isn't unkempt; it has curly hair. It's a Selkirk Rex, a particular breed of curly cat. I think it's adorable, personally.

• Love 6

Did anyone notice Hunter's obvious discomfort at being at the "photo shoot" for the Pennysaver/Nextdoor rag? He was at least a foot away from Glenn and Babs, looking like he'd rather be getting a root canal than standing on the front stoop being photographed.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, KateHearts said:

It isn't unkempt; it has curly hair. It's a Selkirk Rex, a particular breed of curly cat. I think it's adorable, personally.

Also, it's not dead. Twit has pictured Ollie several times on her SM pages.

1 hour ago, KateHearts said:

Did anyone notice Hunter's obvious discomfort at being at the "photo shoot" for the Pennysaver/Nextdoor rag? He was at least a foot away from Glenn and Babs, looking like he'd rather be getting a root canal than standing on the front stoop being photographed.  

Hunter usually looks like he'd rather be anywhere else. I believe he strikes that pose becuz he thinks that makes him appear to be above it all. He has no problem taking TLC's $$$ & even going on cruises. He's a fraud.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, KateHearts said:

I thought it was the cutest little thing & seemed so sweet too. For Babs to call it ugly & be nasty about it was just bitchy  - & she's an 'animal lover'?  I totally understand not getting anymore pets at a certain age though, & she could've just said it was about that & not be nasty about the cat.

I wonder if Whit sort of knew that would happen & just wanted another cat for herself.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, KateHearts said:

I wondered why he was so far from them too. Couldn't tell if he was just out of frame while the photog got some close-ups of G&B or what the deal was. It was odd. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I thought it was the cutest little thing & seemed so sweet too. For Babs to call it ugly & be nasty about it was just bitchy  - & she's an 'animal lover'?  I totally understand not getting anymore pets at a certain age though, & she could've just said it was about that & not be nasty about the cat.

I wonder if Whit sort of knew that would happen & just wanted another cat for herself.

I think she was trying to be funny, not mean, but people who've recently had strokes sometimes act oddly. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, AUJulia said:

I think she was trying to be funny, not mean, but people who've recently had strokes sometimes act oddly. 

It could have just been Babs 'performing', as she does, but I was feeling sorry for the cat. And now he's with Whit, soooo... hope he's okay.

Funny how Babs' other cat hides from the camera & crowds. He was sitting on the steps looking annoyed like "Aren't they gone yet??".

• Love 2
On 1/25/2018 at 8:17 AM, Starry Eyes said:

Remember when she was talking to her mom on a walk with her and she told her mom that she thought she had Roy 'in the bag'??  She didn't know he was gay

Whitney went for a walk? I’m not being sarcastic, I genuinely can’t remember her taking a walk. Was this some tough love from Babs?

• Love 2
On 2/2/2018 at 10:36 AM, KateHearts said:

Why was Hunter at the photo shoot? I wonder if he is living at Glen and Bab's now. He used to live up north somewhere, I think NY. I thought he was married with kids. 

21 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Why was Hunter at the photo shoot? I wonder if he is living at Glen and Bab's now. He used to live up north somewhere, I think NY. I thought he was married with kids. 

I don't remember it saying he was married. But he's probably just back for a visit and a TLC photoshoot/paycheck since he's not around any other time. 

Why was Hunter at the photo shoot? I wonder if he is living at Glen and Bab's now

Sorry that I can't provide the source (because I can't find it) but evidently there had been a magazine article in which Hunter described himself as being in recovery. Perhaps he decided to go home for more structure and support. If he did have a substance abuse problem it explains Whitney's addictions yet raises a whole lot of questions regarding family dynamics and genetics in the Thore family.

On 1/25/2018 at 9:14 AM, shoovenbooty said:

I took Babs' "brown-toned men" comment to simply mean men with tans (shrug). The beaches in Hawaii are crawling with overly-tanned guys, young and old. But maybe I didn't hear the whole thing because I fast-forward through the episodes a lot.

Agreed. She's of an age where she probably envisions herself in Hawaii as Annette Funicello in Beach Party, with Glenn playing Frankie Avalon's role. 

All very wholesome and WASPy... well, they were Italians, but I don't think Babs sweats the small details just like I don't think it occurs to her that "brown-toned men" might give any other impressions some 50 years later.

• Love 5

Getting a pet for someone as a surprise is a seriously douchebag thing to do. There's no indication whatsoever that Babs wanted another cat much less wanted Shitney the self-absorbed to pick one out for her. Getting an animal is a commitment to do a lot of work and spend a lot of time and money caring for that animal and it's not something you foist upon someone else.

The talking head with Shitney going on about how her mother clearly wanted another cat, just highlights how self absorbed Shitney really is.

And that trek up the stairs? You've got to be kidding me. I remember when Shitney and Buddy were "moving in" to that house as renters - Shitney actually said she did not want the upstairs room because the stairs would be difficult. She can barely waddle. She will be totally immobile soon.

• Love 4