Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E15: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

But I think you're letting adult Aviva influence your opinion of young child Aviva.  Adult Aviva is the product of childhood trauma and an adult child of an alcoholic.  I don't think we have any reason to believe she was a little diva who took advantage of her severe injury to abuse the EMTs ear drums.  I spoke on this at length back when this story was covered on NY.  A child with this type of injury would have been considered hemodynamically unstable.  The likelihood that she received any p!ain medicine, particularly back then, are slim to none.  I'm sure she experienced PTSD.  God knows how long it took to get the adults' attention, then to get an ambulance to respond.  This may have been pre-911.

Of course not!  Honestly, it never occurred to me to judge a little girl for screaming and crying if she fell off her bike, much less in this kind of horrific situation. Of course she wasn't taking advantage there or trying to get attention--I doubt she'd even have the ability to think something like that in that moment. I wouldn't accuse an adult of doing such a thing either. Somebody going through that would barely have any control (if they had any at all) over whether they screamed, even if they were a marine! 

So yeah, please don't think I was casting any shade on anyone's behavior during her accident. Aviva was a kid in pain, her father was probably terrified for her and felt helpless. I don't know about the EMTs, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say they were genuinely trying to help her and were sympathetic to her screams even if it interfered with their work. But when Aviva the adult tells the story, I can't not remember that this is a woman constantly presenting herself as a hero, whatever experiences led to that pattern.

Same thing with Siggy repeating her dad's advice to be herself. It's exactly the right advice for her father to give. I'm not thinking of young Siggy when she repeats the story, I'm thinking of the woman now who spent a large chunk of the reunion saying how she's never wrong.

• Love 2
On 1/25/2018 at 12:35 PM, Otherkate said:
On 1/25/2018 at 9:45 AM, zoeysmom said:

I learned that when dealing with a reality show, never ever ever leave your edit in the hands of someone else. Let me tell you why. Imagine the most well-behaved lion — a lion who was raised and surrounded by love — never experiencing cruelty. Now imagine that same lion is caged, poked, prodded and beaten for weeks. Finally, that lion strikes back at its tormentors. The tormentors capture video only of the lion attacking, show that video and label the lion vicious, unpredictable and unhinged. Welcome to the last year of my life.

Ah yes, that old reality show chestnut of blaming the editing. 

Say what you will about Bethenny Frankel, but one thing she's said multiple times (particularly in regards to Jill Zarin)  is that blaming the editing is bullshit. Your behavior is your behavior. Own it.

The thing that makes the angriest about her offense to the Hitler remark is that this thing that is just so unforgivable didn't seem to affect her until about 2 weeks after it was said. If she felt that strongly about it, she would've felt something in the moment. It was a careless and dumb to say by Margaret, for sure, but no one is buying your months-long act offended act, Siggy. You were mad because the women clearly like Margaret more than you. That's really all it is.

• Love 6