Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E15: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, sATL said:

Say whaaaaaattt......honest engine Chris going  to jail? !?!?maybe that is why caroline & jaquline  need $$$..lawyer fees and his little autistic son (I forgot his name).

This list of felons on this show seems to be growing...

Family and friends! I still remember Caroline invoking the name of Bernie! He's that shady NYC top cop, Bernard Kerik that went to jail as well! Caroline is surrounded by felons and is so blasé about it! ;-)

• Love 4
7 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Margaret is being sued by Vinyard Vines? 

I hadn't heard about Dina and the home invasion. That's crazy!

5 hours ago, CaughtOnTape said:

I really don't get what Siggy's point was about Margaret being sued.  Is she not aware how business works?  Because I work for a fortune 300 company and we are constantly being sued for shit.  Sometimes we win, sometimes we don't.  I don't think losing is any indication that Margaret pilfered her stuff, just that the lawyer for whoever sued her made a better argument then hers did.  I don't believe there was any smoking gun uncovered so I'm more inclined to believe it's just one person had a more convincing argument then the other.

The Marge was sued by Vineyard Vines and lost, then didn't pay full judgement amount, and then was sued by them again for the remainder of the judgement, expenses in collecting it, and statutory damages.  She has also been sued by 2 vendors for not paying her bills.

2 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

From what I saw what they didn't know about it was that it was the reason you couldn't ever not obey Siggy. She seemed to even lecture her own father about it.

Somebody not liking casual references to Hitler and asking someone to not do it is reasonable. Siggy pretending that this is some rare thing that says something about Margaret (or that other people not reacting means they don't know history) is ridiculous. She may not want (or might currently be pretending not to want in order to claim moral highground) the holocaust to be a social reference point, but it is. That's why there's something called Godwin's Rule on the internet. 

Godwin's Law doesn't actually condone the use of Hitler in an argument.  It was actually born of disgust at how cavalier people are about throwing out Hitler comparisons in internet arguments.  So Siggy was over the toply and very poorly kind of doing what Godwin set out to do.

Although deliberately framed as if it were a law of nature or of mathematics, its purpose has always been rhetorical and pedagogical: I wanted folks who glibly compared someone else to Hitler or to Nazis to think a bit harder about the Holocaust.

It was difficult, after attempting a greater psychological understanding of why the Holocaust happened and how it was conducted, to tolerate the glib comparisons I encountered on the Internet (Usenet in those days). My sense of moral outrage at this phenomenon found an outlet after I read an article in in the Whole Earth Review about memes—viral ideas—that inspired me to create a kind of counter-measure. And so I created Godwin's Law and began to repeat it in online forums whenever I encountered a silly comparison of someone or something to Hitler or to the Nazis. 

Quotes taken from this 10 year old piece by Godwin http://jewcy.com/jewish-arts-and-culture/i_seem_be_verb_18_years_godwins_law

ETA: I would say that glibly throwing around antisemite is just as bad

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 5

Melissa said not everyone can afford plastic surgery. Siggy responded, "Everyone's got a credit card."  Sure, and we all want to go into thousands of dollars of high-interest debt to pay for plastic surgery. Honey, your superficiality is showing. I swear, every single time I think Ms. Flicker has dug herself as deep a hole as possible, she finds a way to dig it deeper. I would not pick up her book -- any of her books -- on a free deal at Amazon. You could not pay me to read her books. Bless his heart, though, if Siggy's father gave her that "never change" advice, he did her no favours at all. And why is it beyond the pale for Margaret to say that Hitler wouldn't have put her (who isn't Jewish) to death but still isn't a good person (because oh, we cannot mention anything to do with the Holocaust unless we're actually discussing the Holocaust), but it's perfectly fine for Siggy to ask whether or not Kim D. constructed concentration camps? When she said she didn't give a s*** how any of the other HoWives (or Andy!) felt, well, (a) that's such a good example for a wonderful relationship expert such as herself and (b) the kiss of death if she'd had any hope of returning next season. I am so glad I will never (I hope) have to watch her enter that restaurant in Boca Raton and bray, "Hello, everybody!" at the top of her leathery lungs.

Melissa's facial expressions were hilarious this whole episode.  She's grown on me. I really disliked her for a couple of years.

Oh, Dolores, yes Danielle is sarcastic and condescending. You, however, are the poster child for "sarcastic and condescending." So miss me with your gripe about anyone -- even Danielle -- being sarky and la-di-da with you. Andy: What proof do you have that Danielle's using drugs? Dolores (who wants proof about everything, in a "who cares" sort of voice) Oh, I don't have any proof. *sigh* And then when they break, she laughs and says, "I love getting her to this point." Call me old-fashioned, call me naive, call me a good-two-shoes, but I have never enjoyed upsetting *anyone* in my entire life that way. To be pleased with yourself because you have upset someone. Astounding to me. Disclaimer: I don't care for Danielle. I think she's at best untrustworthy. But come on.

The only thing I have to say about Theresa is the same thing I've been saying all season. Honey, you don't know the meaning of namaste. Your zen isn't even skin-deep. On the other hand, despite the jargon she threw about "not giving it light," the advice she gave Danielle about not being so reactive to Dolores was good. Tre ought to take that advice herself once in a while.

• Love 15
18 hours ago, Sarcastica said:

he look Andy gave Soggy when she said that she didn't give a shit about what he thought....that was a murder. 

I kind of thought that comment sealed her fate of being fired from the show. If I didn't know she was going to be gone next season before I watched this reunion I would have put money on it after seeing that bullshit comment and Andy's reaction. I hope they also replace Delores, but not with Jaq or Dina, those two need to stay gone!

• Love 7
1 minute ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Godwin's Law doesn't actually condone the use of Hitler in an argument.  It was actually born of disgust at how cavalier people are about throwing out Hitler comparisons in internet arguments.  So Siggy was over the toply and very poorly kind of doing what Godwin set out to do.

Right--if what Siggy was trying to claim was true (that this was a uniquely shocking thing that Margaret did) there would be no Godwin's Law. As it is, not only was this use of Hitler common enough back in Usenet times to inspire Godwin's Law, but it continued to be so common that Godwin's Law itself became about how people argue on the internet rather than the seriousness of the Holocaust. (At least it seems like that's the way I usually hear it used.)

7 minutes ago, WordsWordsWords said:

Bless his heart, though, if Siggy's father gave her that "never change" advice, he did her no favours at all.

Reminds me of Aviva on RHoNY whose happy memory of her father was her father encouraging her to scream as loud as she wanted when the EMTs were trying to free her from a machine as a kid and were asking her to try not to scream because it was making it harder. You can see how it's sweet, validating advice in the childhood moment, but as adults their clinging to it takes on new meaning.

• Love 2

Does anybody care if Frank and Dolores are together as a couple? Does anybody care if they are schtupping? This is such a boring story line. Is anybody invested in this relationship??? I couldn't care less about whether Frank and Dolores get together. I'm not rooting for them. 

• Love 7
21 hours ago, Mariareads said:

Reading her letter or whatever it is tells me that she needs to get out of Jersey and go to Boca where she can live a make believe life in a make believe world and imagine she is with "her people". This one is nuts. 

First of all, I doubt Siggy will be moving permanently to Boca.  Her husband's work is here, and her parents are here, and her other children are here (Michael has two children from a previous marriage, and Siggy has a daughter, Sophie, who I think is younger than Joshua - and, if memory serves, we NEVER saw this season - wonder why??).   Her son is at Penn State - it's a whole lot easier to drive to Penn State from NJ than it is to fly there from Boca, or vice-versa, when Joshua needs his laundry done or just needs to have some home time.  Her daughter, I think, is still in high school.  Her kids' father is in New Jersey, and all their friends, etc.  A mother who says that her kids are her "everything" wouldn't just uproot those kids to live permanently in Boca.  Joshua will want to come home during college breaks and summer vacations and be with his friends.  Making an unnecessary move to Boca while you have a child still in high school is not very sensitive to your child's needs, either.

Secondly, the ONLY reason I can think of that would make her move away from New Jersey would be that she is being ostracized by her former friends and neighbors, who have seen what a crazy, delusional person she became, and she's running away.  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

Does anybody care if Frank and Dolores are together as a couple? Does anybody care if they are schtupping? This is such a boring story line. Is anybody invested in this relationship??? I couldn't care less about whether Frank and Dolores get together. I'm not rooting for them. 

Wonder what it did to their business (alleged owners of multiple gyms) that Dolores had to have surgery (balloon) to help her lose weight.

Come to think of it last season, that's all she did promote the gym - this season not even a glimpse

• Love 8
2 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

They were discussing plastic surgery as feel-good-about-yourself (blech) advice given by Siggy, and Melissa said something like, 'well that's not great advice because few can afford it', and Siggy said, 'that's what credit cards are for'. I could not believe she said that. Man, that Siggy is SUCH a stupid, stupid woman. What horrible advice. 

Actually I thought it better than asking Melissa how she afforded her first boob job when she was a college student before she met Joe.  Most plastic surgery centers have an outside company that offers financing for procedures.  https://www.carecredit.com/cosmetic/#avgcost   Plastic surgery is just not for the rich. I took Siggy comment as to say if it is important to you there are ways to get the surgery you desire.  I have taken two friends-one a medical office employee and the other an elementary school teacher who both financed their surgeries through a health credit card.  They seem delighted with the outcome and I have never heard them complain about the price. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 1/24/2018 at 11:13 PM, Bronzedog said:

I read somewhere that Kim D is suing Teresa for saying she runs a whore house.  Maybe Teresa’s defense will be that she never called Kim D a madame, she called her a magnum.

Bwahahahahahaha!!

• Love 7
6 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

Omg! Hilarious! Where do U dig up this crazy crap ??? Lol lol

I know this one. I've studied it in archaeology classes. They are experimental archaeologists. Experimental Archaeologists try to recreate archaeological sites or feats. In this case they were trying to prove their hypothesis about how the Easter Islands heads were created and moved.

• Love 6

There were flashes of it this season and certainly at the reunion, but Teresa's instinctual behaviour and attitude came shining through anytime she was provoked.  Not to say Teresa hasn't changed for the better and that the more low key Teresa this season isn't at all authentic, BUT, I think she sets high expectations when she claims to be a changed person. You don't become a whole new person. Especially when someone has anger issues, a change in attitude is not by being a whole different person, it's being inspired and motivated to use coping mechanisms that help you to avoid reverting to behaviour that you don't like in yourself. She clearly has more work to do and maybe instead of selling prison and yoga as some recipe for conversion, just be honest and say that you're a work in a progress and feel that your experiences have inspired you to strive to be better version of yourself.

How many families was the fundraiser for? Because I thought it was like 2-3 families which means that the event only raised about $3000 profit. Not to knock a charitable act but when you're doing something that goes against basic common sense, I have to wonder if there weren't personal incentives behind it. Firstly, I thought the expenses of the event were a combination of out of pocket and/or sponsored so that the all or the large majority of proceeds were going toward the families. The reason why big fancy charity events exist is because it targets the wealthy and even then, expenses are limited through sponsorship. She would have raised more money by setting up a GoFundMe page but that wouldn't have gotten her camera time. Teresa and her dumb vocabulary but she was on to something when she called Kim D the crypt keeper, lol.

The irony was beautiful watching Siggy try to broker peace between Teresa/Melissa and Kim D when she's been raging an all out war with Margaret. The words exchanged and the accusations made between Teresa/Melissa/Kim D were far more damaging and hurtful than anything that came out of Margaret's mouth but in Siggy's mind, there's still the possibility to mend fences if they all just listen and try to understand one another. How fucking rich is that coming from her? LOL. Siggy's confidence in herself seems to stem from the affirmations she's heard from her parents, particularly her father, about the person she is. Perhaps that plays a big part in her pretentiousness, her ability to see herself only in the best of light and therefore anyone who angers or hurts is her in the wrong because Siggy Flicker can't be wrong. In her mind, she's the most compassionate, well intended, eloquent individual so how can anything be her fault? Her doubling down on the Hitler analogy was proof of that. Because SHE found it offensive, it was therefore wrong. Her feelings matter and when other Jews speak from their own experience and feel otherwise, well then it doesn't matter what they think. She's the classic case of someone who can regurgitate all of the textbooks aspirations and preach spirituality but when it really matters, is incapable of following her own advice.

• Love 12
On 1/25/2018 at 7:24 AM, dosodog said:

Me too.  Who are the twins?  This is my 2nd season of RHOJ. 

And probably my last.  Because I sincerely do not understand the amount of ass kissing Theresa gets.

I really don't. 

I dont either, toss the jailbird..

• Love 8
On 1/25/2018 at 9:45 AM, zoeysmom said:

Siggy Signs off:

Following the Wednesday, January 24, reunion of The Real Housewives of New Jersey, Siggy Flicker penned a goodbye letter to the cast and the fans who have watched during her two seasons. Read the letter she shared exclusively with Us Weekly below:

That’s a wrap!

I want to thank Andy Cohen and Bravo for the opportunity they gave me on The Real Housewives of New Jersey. Andy Cohen is a mentor, a friend and the sweetest man in the universe, not to mention GOOD LOOOKING! Bravo has amazing people who made a tremendous impact on my career and my life. I don’t regret one second of the good and sometimes the not so good.

What did I learn?

I learned that when dealing with a reality show, never ever ever leave your edit in the hands of someone else. Let me tell you why. Imagine the most well-behaved lion — a lion who was raised and surrounded by love — never experiencing cruelty. Now imagine that same lion is caged, poked, prodded and beaten for weeks. Finally, that lion strikes back at its tormentors. The tormentors capture video only of the lion attacking, show that video and label the lion vicious, unpredictable and unhinged. Welcome to the last year of my life.

I learned that education is the very foundation by which a great society is built. There is no room for intolerance or marginalization based on faith, and I am grateful that I have been recruited to educate on the subject. This is where civil society must draw a line. Hitler is not an analogy, it is an abomination. No one should trivialize his evil. The Holocaust is not a social reference point. Those who I filmed with who didn’t know what the Holocaust was … now do.

I am sure that people will think twice before bringing up Hitler’s name in casual conversation far removed from the atrocities of the Holocaust or World War II. I am grateful that what started as such a painful exchange has launched me into such a meaningful direction.

After all, we teach our kids not to lie, cheat or steal. So why would anyone remain in an environment that rewards just that? Leave the toxicity behind and immerse yourselves in what you are passionate about and that is exactly what I am going to do.

I learned that my husband, my kids, my family and my friends — especially Dolores Catania — will guide me through the darkest of times with unprecedented strength and unwavering support. Looking back at how they rallied around me, it is truly humbling.

I learned that viewers have touched my life as I had intended to touch theirs. Many have become friends. Those friendships are flourishing.

Finally, I learned we can’t plan our future. I could never have predicted that my time on The Real Housewives of New Jersey would take me to where I need to be today.

So as I continue to write my fairytale, I pray that each of you will continue to write yours.

De.Lu.Sion.Al. And deaf to any thoughts but her own.

Kim D. So completely deplorable. Slime oozes right off her.

• Love 9

Maybe I'm just an awful person, but Teresa's repeated "We don't know! We don't know! We don't know!" when Siggy was rhetorically asking if Kim D. built concentration camps made me laugh!

• Love 11

I learned that my husband, my kids, my family and my friends — especially Dolores Catania — will guide me through the darkest of times with unprecedented strength and unwavering support. Looking back at how they rallied around me, it is truly humbling.

Good for her, hopefully she will take what she has learned, and live a happy life..

• Love 4
On 1/25/2018 at 1:57 PM, CaughtOnTape said:

So yeah...Andy, why are you glossing over the fact that Siggy used the atrocities committed towards her parents and others in order to paint herself as a victim for the entire season?

Perfect! You wrote what I was stugging to comment. Siggy used her family's horrifying experience as a way to really NAIL Margaret when she had no real, viable complaint. And that is disgusting. I don't believe for a second that she was hurt by the comment; I think she was delighted that she had something to dig her claws into. What Siggy can't let go of is the fact that Margaret did something nice for Teresa when EVERYBODY KNOWS SIGGY IS THE NICE ONE! Burned her up! No one else can do something kind, because that takes the focus off of Siggy, who lives to do superficial, public kind things all for the glorification of herself. 

Edited by RedInk
  • Love 12

I think Maragret is really thinking about where she goes from here.  If Bravo brings back other RH, I don't see Margaret as the one to carry Teresa's torch of hate.  As to Teresa, she needs to learn as she did from Danielle, time to move on.  They keep rolling out new RH for Teresa and they don't stick.  The most honest friend she has is Delores.    Delores doesn't need Siggy and Teresa honestly likes her.  If there is a reboot of Manzo et al, Delores is the most likely one to make things work.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

Omg! Hilarious! Where do U dig up this crazy crap ??? Lol lol

7 hours ago, JennyMominFL said:

I know this one. I've studied it in archaeology classes. They are experimental archaeologists. Experimental Archaeologists try to recreate archaeological sites or feats. In this case they were trying to prove their hypothesis about how the Easter Islands heads were created and moved.

It was originally posted on this forum long ago, in response to another poster's desire to see Jacqueline Laurita doing the perp walk ...   ;-)

• Love 8
4 hours ago, ladle said:

Maybe I'm just an awful person, but Teresa's repeated "We don't know! We don't know! We don't know!" when Siggy was rhetorically asking if Kim D. built concentration camps made me laugh!

Me too! It was her facial expression while she was saying it.  She looked so serious. 

• Love 5
16 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

They were discussing plastic surgery as feel-good-about-yourself (blech) advice given by Siggy, and Melissa said something like, 'well that's not great advice because few can afford it', and Siggy said, 'that's what credit cards are for'. I could not believe she said that. Man, that Siggy is SUCH a stupid, stupid woman. What horrible advice. 

That jumped out at me too.  I think her words were something like, "Well, everybody has a credit card!".  What a stupid, shallow, ridiculous thing to say.  So much for teaching people about self-worth.

I also thought it was hilarious that this shrieking maniac who tells everyone how kind and compassionate she is had absolutely no trouble telling Andy Cohen on national television that she doesn't care what he or anyone else thinks.   Her way is the only way.  Her opinion is the only opinion.  She was very clear that no one else's feelings or opinion have any value.  All that matters is her own.  She was actually proud of that.  I'm pretty sure that's not the definition of "compassionate".

This woman has no redeeming features whatsoever.  She''s just a really, truly awful person who doesn't have the sense to at least pretend that she has a shred of decency.

• Love 22
On 1/21/2018 at 11:55 AM, Juliegirlj said:

I think it’s great that Dolores and Frank can coparent and be friends for the sake of their family. However, the truth is that Frank was disbarred in NJ, and likely cannot afford to pay for two households. Dolores wouldn’t have disfigured herself if she had real self esteem. She looks terrible. 

speaking of looking terrible. theresa, get your hairline raised. with all the work you've had done, how did that cave man head or yours get past you?  hair color is all wrong, and the make up must be put on with a trowel, you lying , stealing, crazy nutcase.

• Love 6

And...I think I might be done with this branch of the franchise. It isn't that I dislike the show per se, but much like the OC version, it just doesn't hold my interest much anymore. I might come back at some point during next season, depending on how next season's cast works out, but otherwise...arrivederci , New Jersey.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

It was originally posted on this forum long ago, in response to another poster's desire to see Jacqueline Laurita doing the perp walk ...   ;-)

Which was me who posted it.

I found the GIF because Jacqueline was compared to Easter Island statues. I've said many times this season that Shiddy Fucker took over Jacqueline's lane on the show. Shiddy's first season = she seemed sane because No one was as loopy as Jacko. Now that Jacko is gone Shiddy's loony tunes shines through.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, msrachelj said:

speaking of looking terrible. theresa, get your hairline raised. with all the work you've had done, how did that cave man head or yours get past you?  hair color is all wrong, and the make up must be put on with a trowel, you lying , stealing, crazy nutcase.

perfect! 

18 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

I think Maragret is really thinking about where she goes from here.  If Bravo brings back other RH, I don't see Margaret as the one to carry Teresa's torch of hate.  As to Teresa, she needs to learn as she did from Danielle, time to move on.  They keep rolling out new RH for Teresa and they don't stick.  The most honest friend she has is Delores.    Delores doesn't need Siggy and Teresa honestly likes her.  If there is a reboot of Manzo et al, Delores is the most likely one to make things work.

Mags will have very little to offer, her business , no home, where her business was run out of..Id say goodbye to The Marge..

Edited by NeverLate
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, msrachelj said:

I don't watch this one any longer except I have caught a tad here and there and I have to say Teresa has fucked up her face.  I don't know what exactly she has done but she used to be sorta cute.  She is the only cast member keeping me from watching this show and I am looking forward to the day she is off the show and has to live within her means.  Read some Radar story that she asked Trump to stop Joe from being deported after release from 'camp'.  Not sure if its true but would not surprise me.  

• Love 5
On 27/01/2018 at 4:53 PM, Natalie68 said:

I don't watch this one any longer except I have caught a tad here and there and I have to say Teresa has fucked up her face.  I don't know what exactly she has done but she used to be sorta cute.  She is the only cast member keeping me from watching this show and I am looking forward to the day she is off the show and has to live within her means.  Read some Radar story that she asked Trump to stop Joe from being deported after release from 'camp'.  Not sure if its true but would not surprise me.  

She thinks she's so damn special. Leaving with Joe would mean leaving the show, the show before Joe! Wanna bet? 

• Love 4

I, too, laughed at Theresa saying, "we don't know, we don't know!" in response to Siggy asking if Kim D built concentration camps.  Honestly, I cracked up.  But seriously, isn't that about a million times more culturally insensitive than what Margaret said?  But I bet Siggy doesn't say ONE WORD about it.  Because she's a hypocrite.  And an asshole.

• Love 10

Siggy is the worst.  When she made that comment about using credit cards for plastic surgery I was like um, yeahhh, no.

Agreed she is a complete hypocrite.  Looking at Margaret she says you are all the things I teach my kids not to be.  But she is friends with Theresa and kisses up to her every chance she can get??  Theresa IS what you teach your kids to be?   Hoo kay!

Margaret put a whale on her bag.  Her whale did look exactly like the VV whale.  Companies are litigious about their brands.  To me this was probably not a smart move on Marge's part to use a whale so identical to VV, but I don't see it as a serious character flaw or reason to hate her.  However, Siggy has MANY serious character flaws and many reasons to hate her.  

Please, PLEASE do not let them bring back Jaq.  That dead horse is so beat, just no.  She cannot come back a third time.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, FamilyVan said:

Margaret put a whale on her bag.  Her whale did look exactly like the VV whale.  Companies are litigious about their brands.  To me this was probably not a smart move on Marge's part to use a whale so identical to VV, but I don't see it as a serious character flaw or reason to hate her.  However, Siggy has MANY serious character flaws and many reasons to hate her.  

It doesn't seem like a one time thing.  

This article mentions 3 separate legal proceedings regarding her copying other brands. 

Tip #1 in this video from her is if someone has a product and you can't improve upon it just make the same thing cheaper.

• Love 2

What did Teresa do to her face?

And she is awful this season, absolutely awful.  Not one minute did I even come close to liking her or caring about her.  

She has a set of balls to blame Joe for lost time with her mom while being in jail. Teresa put herself in jail with the bankruptcy fraud. She was caught in her legal mess and tried to lie even further to cover up more stuff and now it's all Joe's fault?  

If she owned it and said "my mistakes, our mistakes, caused me to loose time with my Mom" she would have more sympathy. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Marigold said:

What did Teresa do to her face?

And she is awful this season, absolutely awful.  Not one minute did I even come close to liking her or caring about her.  

She has a set of balls to blame Joe for lost time with her mom while being in jail. Teresa put herself in jail with the bankruptcy fraud. She was caught in her legal mess and tried to lie even further to cover up more stuff and now it's all Joe's fault?  

If she owned it and said "my mistakes, our mistakes, caused me to loose time with my Mom" she would have more sympathy. 

It was her spending that made Joe feel he needed to steal as much as he could; including ripping off Sandy flood victims! I have no sympathy for either! She knew exactly what was going on; a total buck passer! ;-)

Edited by Fiero425
  • Love 3
On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 3:24 PM, Fiero425 said:

Family and friends! I still remember Caroline invoking the name of Bernie! He's that shady NYC top cop, Bernard Kerik that went to jail as well! Caroline is surrounded by felons and is so blasé about it! ;-)

Aren't they all surrounded by shady people?  

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 4:25 PM, nexxie said:

Might be alone with this, but I’d like to see Kathy and Rosie back.

Yes.  This show is filled with Tre's ass kissers.

• Love 2
Just now, RedheadZombie said:

Aren't they all surrounded by shady people?  

Well we are talking about Jersey; just listen to them! It's terrible to lump them all together, but no amount of money seems to take the "hood" out of some of these people! I'm wondering about the school system since so many sound like nitwits! ;-)

• Love 1
On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 8:27 AM, VedaPierce said:

By the number of comments posted here about their relationship, it would seem so.

Just now, Fiero425 said:

Well we are talking about Jersey; just listen to them! It's terrible to lump them all together, but no amount of money seems to take the "hood" out of some of these people! I'm wondering about the school system since so many sound like nitwits! ;-)

I've always gotten the impression that the show was clearly cast to have a "Godfather" flavor.  The music alone brings it to mind.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

By the number of comments posted here about their relationship, it would seem so.

I've always gotten the impression that the show was clearly cast to have a "Godfather" flavor.  The music alone brings it to mind.

Was it Caroline's dad who was mysteriously assassinated like in "GF1?" ;-)

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 4:24 PM, sistermagpie said:

Right--if what Siggy was trying to claim was true (that this was a uniquely shocking thing that Margaret did) there would be no Godwin's Law. As it is, not only was this use of Hitler common enough back in Usenet times to inspire Godwin's Law, but it continued to be so common that Godwin's Law itself became about how people argue on the internet rather than the seriousness of the Holocaust. (At least it seems like that's the way I usually hear it used.)

Reminds me of Aviva on RHoNY whose happy memory of her father was her father encouraging her to scream as loud as she wanted when the EMTs were trying to free her from a machine as a kid and were asking her to try not to scream because it was making it harder. You can see how it's sweet, validating advice in the childhood moment, but as adults their clinging to it takes on new meaning.

I've never understood this and I've always assumed it was a reflection on adult Aviva's personality.  George, as we knew him, was a disgusting person.  Back during this scene, he was simply the father of a child whose leg was being crushed, and who later had an amputation.  He didn't appreciate his child being told to shut up while she was experiencing agonizing pain, and as Aviva's mother was an alcoholic, perhaps he was her most comforting parent.  As a former pediatric nurse, I learned that children are not naturally stoic, and have no ability to bite their tongue when they're suffering greatly.  It surprises me when people expect them to.  I'm pretty sure most of us adults here would have had a hard time keeping our moans and screams controlled, and I can guarantee I would have been fired if I ever told a suffering child to keep it down.  I guess these EMTs would have told a mother in full natural labor to lower her voice.

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 10:51 AM, njbchlover said:

First of all, I doubt Siggy will be moving permanently to Boca.  Her husband's work is here, and her parents are here, and her other children are here (Michael has two children from a previous marriage, and Siggy has a daughter, Sophie, who I think is younger than Joshua - and, if memory serves, we NEVER saw this season - wonder why??).   Her son is at Penn State - it's a whole lot easier to drive to Penn State from NJ than it is to fly there from Boca, or vice-versa, when Joshua needs his laundry done or just needs to have some home time.  Her daughter, I think, is still in high school.  Her kids' father is in New Jersey, and all their friends, etc.  A mother who says that her kids are her "everything" wouldn't just uproot those kids to live permanently in Boca.  Joshua will want to come home during college breaks and summer vacations and be with his friends.  Making an unnecessary move to Boca while you have a child still in high school is not very sensitive to your child's needs, either.

Secondly, the ONLY reason I can think of that would make her move away from New Jersey would be that she is being ostracized by her former friends and neighbors, who have seen what a crazy, delusional person she became, and she's running away.  

I'm thinking Sophie doesn't want to be on camera, and unlike Gabriella, maybe her wants were honored.

I get that people hate Siggy, but people with children move all the time.  It doesn't mean their children aren't "everything" to them.  

7 minutes ago, Fiero425 said:

Was it Caroline's dad who was mysteriously assassinated like in "GF1?" ;-)

Her father-in-law, Mr. Manzo.  I think his nickname was Tiny?  I honestly believe this is why Andy started this franchise - the assassination of Tiny and the mob implications.

1 minute ago, RedheadZombie said:

I've never understood this and I've always assumed it was a reflection on adult Aviva's personality.  George, as we knew him, was a disgusting person.  Back during this scene, he was simply the father of a child whose leg was being crushed, and who later had an amputation.  He didn't appreciate his child being told to shut up while she was experiencing agonizing pain, and as Aviva's mother was an alcoholic, perhaps he was her most comforting parent.  As a former pediatric nurse, I learned that children are not naturally stoic, and have no ability to bite their tongue when they're suffering greatly.  It surprises me when people expect them to.  I'm pretty sure most of us adults here would have had a hard time keeping our moans and screams controlled, and I can guarantee I would have been fired if I ever told a suffering child to keep it down.  I guess these EMTs would have told a mother in full natural labor to lower her voice.

To be fair to the EMTs, we don't know what was going on in the moment. They might not have been telling her to shut up, they maybe have been trying to soothingly get her to quiet down a little because they genuinely needed to hear each other better. It would be weird for people who rescue people for a living be that far removed from the kind of emotional control a small child is going to have, after all. Aviva might be remembering them as more villainous because of how she felt/how she feels now.

That said, I certainly don't hold it again her father for telling her to yell as loud as she wanted in that moment. If it was just that story I'd think it was kind of awesome. But it's hard not to see it as a reflection of Aviva's adult personality.Aviva who was constantly demanding attention in such OTT ways to of course hold this up as her favorite parenting moment. It's a bit like I think many saw Siggy here too--her father telling her to "never change" sounds different in the context of Siggy claiming she's always in the right.

• Love 2
On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 7:42 PM, zoeysmom said:

I'm wondering what Margaret's season two strategy will be.  It was clear to me that she hired on as ride or die Tre.  It was obvious when she lost her freaking mind and started screaming at Kim D when Tre already had herself and two others going at Kim.  My theory is that Margaret will definitely go at a newbie, or a returning anyone Teresa doesn't like.  And as we've all said about reality show HWs in the past, how did Margaret possibly think she could come on this show and not have her affair, her situation with her step-children, her lawsuits, and her bankruptcies(?) not be outed?  Teresa would still be in hog heaven with Joe if she hadn't signed on to this show.  They'd be gleefully unloading their debt on the taxpayers with no regrets.

• Love 1
Just now, sistermagpie said:

To be fair to the EMTs, we don't know what was going on in the moment. They might not have been telling her to shut up, they maybe have been trying to soothingly get her to quiet down a little because they genuinely needed to hear each other better. It would be weird for people who rescue people for a living be that far removed from the kind of emotional control a small child is going to have, after all. Aviva might be remembering them as more villainous because of how she felt/how she feels now.

That said, I certainly don't hold it again her father for telling her to yell as loud as she wanted in that moment. If it was just that story I'd think it was kind of awesome. But it's hard not to see it as a reflection of Aviva's adult personality.Aviva who was constantly demanding attention in such OTT ways to of course hold this up as her favorite parenting moment. It's a bit like I think many saw Siggy here too--her father telling her to "never change" sounds different in the context of Siggy claiming she's always in the right.

But I think you're letting adult Aviva influence your opinion of young child Aviva.  Adult Aviva is the product of childhood trauma and an adult child of an alcoholic.  I don't think we have any reason to believe she was a little diva who took advantage of her severe injury to abuse the EMTs ear drums.  I spoke on this at length back when this story was covered on NY.  A child with this type of injury would have been considered hemodynamically unstable.  The likelihood that she received any pain medicine, particularly back then, are slim to none.  I'm sure she experienced PTSD.  God knows how long it took to get the adults' attention, then to get an ambulance to respond.  This may have been pre-911.

• Love 1