Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E13: Getaway Day

CooperTV

Screen+Shot+2018-01-20+at+2.20.39+PM+%25

Jason and the SEAL Team must leave their families immediately when their deployment date is moved up after the team they were going to relieve is ambushed. Also, Jason and Alana make a big decision about their future, and Clay and Stella feel the weight of his marriage proposal.

Promos

Edited by CooperTV
Adding new promo materials.
  • Love 1

This was an intense episode. Echo team also had a dog, and I was sad to think that it also perished.  Cerberus, however, is fine, thank goodness.

Beth Reisgraf (Parker from Leverage) was in this episode.  I believe that she played Steve's wife, the guy who was the Echo team leader.  It was good to see Beth again, as well as Dylan Bruno (formally of Numb3rs)

As someone who has no military ties, can someone explain to me the deal with buying a car, deployment, and taxes?

It looks like Jason and Alana are going to split.  That's not a shock.  Also, I don't think Stella and Clay are going to last either.  However, we've learned that Sonny has a significant other.

Why do we have to wait a month for new episodes?

• Love 1

Now I'll be the first to admit that what I know of Navy SEALs comes from video games, Tom Clancy novels and Black Hawk Down but I think this particular SEAL team is way too talkative about where they've been and what happened while they were there. I cannot for example imagine that in real life a SEAL gets a call about teammates dying in action and then immediately calls his wife to go get the kid before the notification squad shows up. SEAL mom goes to other SEAL mom's house and grabs her kid saying "let's go, don't ask questions" and the other SEAL mom wouldn't know at least vaguely what was up?

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Ohmo said:

This was an intense episode. Echo team also had a dog, and I was sad to think that it also perished.  Cerberus, however, is fine, thank goodness.

Beth Reisgraf (Parker from Leverage) was in this episode.  I believe that she played Steve's wife, the guy who was the Echo team leader.  It was good to see Beth again, as well as Dylan Bruno (formally of Numb3rs)

As someone who has no military ties, can someone explain to me the deal with buying a car, deployment, and taxes?

It looks like Jason and Alana are going to split.  That's not a shock.  Also, I don't think Stella and Clay are going to last either.  However, we've learned that Sonny has a significant other.

Why do we have to wait a month for new episodes?

The thing about the dogs, exactly when did they get so noisy? They are supposed to be special operations trained operating in a country where dogs are not normally kept least the Taliban kill you for not living their way. On that movie about the former Marine dog handler who adopts her retired war dog when the USMC was going to put him down rather then chance having a PTSD suffering weapon in the general public the Marine search dogs just sat when they found something, not started barking giving away their position.

The deal with the car is just the sailor having extra money, and we are supposed to do something with extra money in our pockets the culture expects it of us and people ask what are you going to do with it..  So Petty Officer Clay looks at a car when his real goal for the extra money is a possible marriage.. He just doesn't have money problems like Senior Chief Perry. The first military perk was the retirement package over the years more tax free and other perks have been added for deploying and hazardous duties. It was like the movie Armageddon where the deal was no taxes for life part of enlisting today is no taxes on your service when deployed into a hazard zone.

Part of the wait feels like a soft reboot, the  it's over talks,the team  deployed so limited home scenes. The other is the Winter Olympics, 2014 was supposed to have gotten record ratings

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, Raja said:

The other is the Winter Olympics, 2014 was supposed to have gotten record ratings

Forgot about that.  The other networks likely don't want to sacrifice their stocks of original content.

• Love 1

Since the show is returning 2 days after the Olympics, I think that is what the wait is for.  

I loved the drama and feelings this episode. A lot of relationship tie in before they all leave on a heavy hearted mission.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Raja said:

The thing about the dogs, exactly when did they get so noisy?

I heard the barking at the beginning of the episode and thought that it was most unrealistic.  I doubt that any special forces team would be happy operating with a dog that can't be counted on to maintain noise discipline.

4 hours ago, Ohmo said:
4 hours ago, Raja said:

The other is the Winter Olympics

Forgot about that

Darn it!  I forgot about it too.  Does this mean that for the next month there will be nothing but crap TV to watch?  At least we won't have to watch the Bouncy-Beachball, Hool-a-Hoop, Wave-Arms-and-Legs-Artistically and Twirl-a-Ribbon-on-a-Stick disciplines that normally are part of the summer event...

• Love 1

What is the definition of deployment? My understanding is assignment overseas for an extended period of time. If my definition is right, does DEVGRU do deployment? I am not that informed on DEVGRU but reading Inside Delta Force (its Army counterpart), it does not seem that CAG gets deployed. Instead they go from mission to mission, operation to operation all over the world while still based in CONUS.

NItpicks: One typically addresses a Lieutenant Commander as Commander, not Lieutenant. Next, why are the remains not repatriated yet? The Team has the time to prepare, fly, get in-country and do door kicking and interrogation. Why keep the remains there, except for good visual prop? As well, I thought the field of stars of the flag was to be on the left-hand side of the deceased?

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, TV Anonymous said:

NItpicks: One typically addresses a Lieutenant Commander as Commander, not Lieutenant. Next, why are the remains not repatriated yet? The Team has the time to prepare, fly, get in-country and do door kicking and interrogation. Why keep the remains there, except for good visual prop? As well, I thought the field of stars of the flag was to be on the left-hand side of the deceased?

I noticed that too, the other guy called Blackburn Lieutenant instead of Commander. I think they had a hard time getting the remains? 

• Love 1

It was an intense episode but it was a little out of left field for me in that a lot of time was spent on grieving a guy we never met and didn’t know we were supposed to care about.

I’m still so not interested in the love lives of Toni Trucks/Danny and Clay/Stella.

Can Stella and Danny just hook up off screen and sail off into the sunset?

• Love 2
6 hours ago, piequinn35 said:

The dog should have a casket too.

I figured that the dog was placed in the same casket with the man who was the dog's main handler on the team.

Edited by Ohmo
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, TV Anonymous said:

What is the definition of deployment? My understanding is assignment overseas for an extended period of time. If my definition is right, does DEVGRU do deployment? I am not that informed on DEVGRU but reading Inside Delta Force (its Army counterpart), it does not seem that CAG gets deployed. Instead they go from mission to mission, operation to operation all over the world while still based in CONUS.

Unless something has changed in the terminology since 30 years ago a deployment is done without dependents in tow. In this case to a forward operating base in Afghanistan. The Special Forces are so large that they will have squadrons forward deployed for a quicker response and squadrons in their home station preparing to react, if the forward deployed teams are already engaged or forward deploy to relieve another squadron or team..  So in the show Lieutenant Commander Blackburn Master Chief Hayes team deployed early to augment another squadron who lost a full team.

• Love 1

So Clay unproposed? (Is that actually a word lol)

Gee I hope Danny and Stella won't hook up! 

Actually went weepy when Alana broke up (?) With Jace. I mean that gotta be hard sitting at home wondering, but really she's still gonna sit there wondering and worrying about him married or not.

Had the same thoughts about the barking dogs...

What is Sonny's deal with Clay? He's being a real a..hole about him.

Also Sonny has a significant other? Did I miss who or what happened?

Edited by Lyanna19
Spelling correction
  • Love 1
(edited)

As usual on SEAL Team, they introduced a number of conflicts in previous episodes to do... exactly nothing with them in the subsequent episodes.

The dude Sonny felt guilty over not calling? Is all about Davis and her romance, it was like nothing ever happened in that storyline. And now Sonny is ~angry~ and hates Clay. Tune next to find out why? Eh, I don't care about Clay enough because it's probably something like Sonny is scared to be responsible for Clay's life because PTSD about Davis's ScarFace Guy.

Clay asking Stella to marry him? Clay said something along the lines of, oops, sorry, my hand slipped I didn't mean it! And Stella was okay with that.

Ray's shoulder? The wife found out and berated him mildly over it, nothing happened. And also apparently people in the US could find tramadol just like that because it's lying around or something.

ScarFace Guy has a drinking problem?

On 01.02.2018 at 7:02 AM, Ohmo said:

However, we've learned that Sonny has a significant other.

I believe we were shown for the first time the Other Sandy-haired Bearded Dude has a blonde significant other. And The Black-bearded Dude with the Dog has a GF. Sonny came to the site on his bike alone.

Edited by CooperTV
  • Love 3
50 minutes ago, CooperTV said:

Ray's shoulder? The wife found out and berated him mildly over it, nothing happened. And also apparently people in the US could find tramadol just like that because it's lying around or something.

ScarFace Guy has a drinking problem?

The Tramadol bit was the only realistic part. My girlfriend was over-prescribed Tramadol and had a terrible experience with it that led to her being in the hospital (against her will) for months. I would build a catapault to slingshot that shit into the sun but I'm worried it would fuck the sun up. Bearing that in mind I can see a doctor who knows his patients and what they do over-prescribing "just in case". It's powerful shit.

The whole team has a drinking problem. Remember when Clay finally got to officially join? Case of beer, case of beer, case of beer. That much beer, even divided by the whole squad and hangers-on still results in waking up the next day without a hangover... because they're still drunk. I know the whole case of beer bit was just them giving Clay a hard time but these SEALs drink like fish... alcoholic fish.

I'm glad others noticed that bit where Blackburn got called Lieutenant. That was weird.

The coffee pot scene was weird too. That dude just wandered off with the whole pot. Is he going to go from person to person pouring them each a cup? What if they want to get their own? And why was everyone sitting around the TV watching as the individual names of the dead soldiers were called out? Shut the friggin' TV off! The mourning widow knows what her husband's name is!

• Love 1
On 2/1/2018 at 7:35 PM, TV Anonymous said:

The Team has the time to prepare, fly, get in-country and do door kicking and interrogation. Why keep the remains there, except for good visual prop?

They mentioned that the FBI forensics team had just gotten there so maybe they didn't want to mess up the scene to dig out the remains until forensics guys had been there first.

• Love 1

Clay's dad is pretty well off I believe from his book sales and whatever.  But also by the looks they are sponsored somehow by GMC. The other vehicle we saw up close was also a new GMC. Hawaii 5-0 has a Chevy deal, and all the baddies drive Ford or Dodge. With blanked out emblems ofcourse.

I like that Ray has financial difficulties and they show it. Not everyone is well off. Also the marriage problems of Jason are good too. Then Clay and Stella are at the other end, trying to get married and make it work. Sonny, Brock and Trent have significant others. Will we see more of that in the future?

The shot of the team looking at the flag covered caskets was moving. And yes their dog should have had one too. Granted after the explosion, there probably wasn't much left. But still even in dedication there could be an empty one. Cerberus was a bit noisy.  The sad meeting at Steve and Cindy Porters house was good. Sad ofcourse. I thought Danny talking to Stella may turn into something more. Then Clay and Lisa will have to worry about that, or at-least him flirting and trying for more while they are deployed.

Did like seeing Cindy Porter (Parker-Leverage)(part to small), and Deek (Colby Granger from Numb3rs)(Chevy commercial narrator). He also isn't playing a bad guy like most show appearances lately. Hopefully we will see more of both.

It is getting interesting.

Edited by webruce
Added clarification.
On 2/1/2018 at 11:59 AM, piequinn35 said:

Also TAR have 2 hour episodes that took Seal's time slot?

The dog should have a casket too.

I was so mad when I only saw the coffins of the operators in the hangar and did not see one for the Echo team dog.

It was really upsetting to me to watch the Echo team's dog go in, see the explosion and know the dog didn't survive. I know it's reality and happens way more than we want to think about, but come on CBS! 

I was really shocked/upset that the show runners even thought that including a dog among the souls who perished would be OK with the viewers, especially since Cerberus probably has his own social media page, as he should!  However, most people love dogs. Most people love to watch dogs to cool things, like get fastened into its own safety harness and attached to its handler during extraction(s). 

Perhaps I'm biased because I have a dog, but it was a hard episode to watch from the very beginning.

On 2/1/2018 at 6:56 PM, Ohmo said:

I figured that the dog was placed in the same casket with the man who was the dog's main handler on the team.

Great point. That does make sense and I hadn't thought of it. I'll bet that's what the dog's handler would have wanted as well.

• Love 1