Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: He's Dead

Overall I thought that this was a good episode. I liked most of it. What I cannot stand to think is that this season will be Laurel-centric again. I am so uninterested in her, her story, her baby, her personality, her plans, her father. There are so many great people in this story, and I want to learn about the others. Of everyone, I find her story to be so far fetched and unlikely. I am sorry, but I don’t like the actress either. I think she overacts and I just don’t find her believable at this point. 

I would like more AK, bottom line. That is what drew me in. I liked when she was teaching and taking on cases. I hope they go back to that. It is just more believable to me than them openly saying they want to kill Simon. I understand that they have done a lot, but they are not portrayed as total psychopaths, and so I don’t buy into the notion that they know casually throw killing out there. 

Interested to see what happens with Teagen. Her last statement to Michaela made me shudder. It seemed liked she was giving Michalea one chance to tell the truth and she blew it, forcing Teagen’s hand (but not sure what- to notify the police?). The Michaela actress acted well throughout! I was convinced by her. 

Also, I didn’t like how AK’s psychiatrist (can’t recall his name right now) pretended to go in and do an eval. I know that AK blackmailed him, but in a real life scenario, that would never happen. Hospitals know who has privileges and he would never get away with that. Too far fetched. 

Lastly, I miss AK’s house as the common ground and backdrop. THey have no where to go now, and it seems scattered. I want the house back :( 

• Love 1

I feel like I had a totally different takeaway from the final scene.  I thought it was showing that Wes/Christophe had been working with Laurel's father and Dominic, from the very beginning.  I'm theorizing that Mr. Castillo had him murdered because he found out W/C was sleeping with his daughter instead of anything to do with a public stock sale.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, kris4n6 said:

I feel like I had a totally different takeaway from the final scene.  I thought it was showing that Wes/Christophe had been working with Laurel's father and Dominic, from the very beginning.  I'm theorizing that Mr. Castillo had him murdered because he found out W/C was sleeping with his daughter instead of anything to do with a public stock sale.

I definitely considered this, and I think it would be the more interesting route to go than Wes calling somebody else and Dominic intercepting it. Plus, it just drags on that mystery that much longer. If we can confirm he was calling Dominic, we can tie that part up and get to the why. If we go several episodes thinking he was calling Dominic only to find out he wasn't, it takes us three steps back.

Between the last scene and Dominic's cryptic warning to Frank about Laurel, I was also wondering if maybe Laurel and Wes were trying to pull some kind of long con. Like maybe their initial chemistry (best friends, soulmates, whatever you wanna call it) wasn't that at all, and they already knew each other before they stepped into their first class with Annalise.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, possibilities said:

Either way, it's ridiculous that Dominic kept that message on his phone all this time.

Unless it really meant something to him... perhaps Dominic & Wes were secret lovers?

just kidding... I think.  It's not an unpleasant visual, anyway. :)

• Love 1
On 1/22/2018 at 11:16 PM, Dccfanatic said:

I would like more AK, bottom line. That is what drew me in. I liked when she was teaching and taking on cases. I hope they go back to that.

I don't see AK back in the classroom for the foreseeable future. I think the courtroom scenes we'll likely get from now on will consist mostly of her class action case. I do hope now that since the hotel room is now pretty much a crime scene, AK will buy a new house/apartment.

14 hours ago, possibilities said:

Either way, it's ridiculous that Dominic kept that message on his phone all this time.

I think he kept it as insurance of some sort. The show seem to be implying he had a bit of a crush on Laurel.

19 hours ago, kris4n6 said:

I still think that wasn't a message to Dominick but rather an a copy of a call to someone else.  If  Jorge was okay with Laurel sleeping with Frank, I can't imagine he would be upset about her sleeping with Wes.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, kris4n6 said:

I sure hope not.. Wes was my fave character there are various similarities between us so I'd hate that after he's been brutally murdered and used as a scapegoat for some crimes. That the show would then turn and Sully what lil name he had left.. It would also sour the groups collective memory of him... Granted they are all kinda horrible ppl at this point but still.. They can hypothetically be redeemed.. He can't so I hope he was working to do something Just.. Take down the mahoneys or expose laurel's dad or something else... 

How on earth could Laurel stay so (relatively) calm?? If my baby had been born prematurely and then been effectively stolen away from me, I'd be screaming/sobbing/completely insane at all times. I mean, I guess if she were doing that they wouldn't be able to move the plot along too well, but shit, I'd be a lot more upset (even after she was sedated and woke up again) than just having a few tears while looking at the baby's photo. My baby was born perfectly healthy and I couldn't stop sobbing for like 2 weeks after giving birth!!

1 minute ago, rubinia said:

How on earth could Laurel stay so (relatively) calm?? If my baby had been born prematurely and then been effectively stolen away from me, I'd be screaming/sobbing/completely insane at all times. I mean, I guess if she were doing that they wouldn't be able to move the plot along too well, but shit, I'd be a lot more upset (even after she was sedated and woke up again) than just having a few tears while looking at the baby's photo. My baby was born perfectly healthy and I couldn't stop sobbing for like 2 weeks after giving birth!!

Laurel has historically remained calm under pressure. 

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Milaxx said:

Laurel has historically remained calm under pressure. 

I suppose. Everyone on this show seems unnaturally calm to me in these situations. I'd be so anxious about everything that I wouldn't be able to function.

35 minutes ago, rubinia said:

It could be that the doctors have her sedated, to keep her calm, along with the fact that Laurel has always remained quite calm under pressure. She was hysterical when she woke up the first time, so I imagine they have her somewhat sedated to ensure she doesn't further injure herself. 

• Love 2
On January 19, 2018 at 9:28 PM, secnarf said:

You might be right!! And yes, they could still claim Frank is the father. Very premature babies all have dark reddish skin at first, because it's so translucent.

Anyone remember who knows that Frank killed Lila? I can't remember which characters do/don't know this.

No they really couldn't. I don't care how premature they are, babies won't look clearly black coming from two white parents.  It was a ridiculous attempt and rather insulting that they thought people would be fooled by that.

• Love 2
On 1/25/2018 at 2:12 PM, Lady Calypso said:

It could be that the doctors have her sedated, to keep her calm, along with the fact that Laurel has always remained quite calm under pressure. She was hysterical when she woke up the first time, so I imagine they have her somewhat sedated to ensure she doesn't further injure herself. 

I think Isaac mentioned something about her coming off the sedatives.

14 hours ago, Ashand11 said:

No they really couldn't. I don't care how premature they are, babies won't look clearly black coming from two white parents.  It was a ridiculous attempt and rather insulting that they thought people would be fooled by that.

Well, I work with premature babies and have seen plenty of black prems and plenty of white prems, and you really can't tell the difference when they are in the first 24-48 hours of life. It's very hard to be able to tell the race until you meet the parents.

Edited by secnarf
  • Love 1
On 1/25/2018 at 10:35 AM, rubinia said:

How on earth could Laurel stay so (relatively) calm??

It's easy when you're a psychopath.  The apple didn't fall far from the tree, if you know what I mean.

• Love 1

What I cannot stand to think is that this season will be Laurel-centric again. I am so uninterested in her, her story, her baby, her personality, her plans, her father.

This!! Dominic loved her, Wes loved her, Frank still loves her.. Is there anything that currently doesn't revolve around Laurel?

• Love 3
On 1/22/2018 at 11:16 PM, Dccfanatic said:

Lastly, I miss AK’s house as the common ground and backdrop. THey have no where to go now, and it seems scattered. I want the house back :( 

They mostly seem to congregate at Bonnie's but I agree, AK needs to move out of that hotel.

• Love 2
On 5/20/2018 at 6:57 PM, Milaxx said:

They mostly seem to congregate at Bonnie's but I agree, AK needs to move out of that hotel.

If only because it has one of those scary-ass old elevators with the door you have to open yourself! One of them already got stuck in there, time to go.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, helenamonster said:

If only because it has one of those scary-ass old elevators with the door you have to open yourself! One of them already got stuck in there, time to go.

I also think it was part of her taking her down low as she could go story arc.  AK lost her husband, her home, her prestigious job and nearly her career.  Friends and family were nearly gone or in mama's case going.  AK was reduced to transient hotel living. She won her case, the K5 are with her by choice. With the Supreme court victory,  it's time to see AK back on the upswing.

• Love 3