Type keyword(s) to search

Relative Success With Tabatha - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Guess this show isn't enjoying the success of Tabatha's other show judging by the lack of traffic here and that it is tucked in to a marginal slot in Bravo's line up. Agree, that she was much better on "Salon Takeover" because she was ruthlessly honest and snarky with them.  I thought that the family last night had a wonderful idea for a niche group ( those who wish to dress modestly) that should be very successful but it was so disorganized & they were such poor business people; plus they were pretty unlikeable.  I couldn't even stay until the end to find out what happened because I just didn't care.

• Love 7

That family was so damn annoying. Especially the brother. The mother and daughter was doing the same work that they wanted the brother to do. He seemed so high and mighty about everything. He has a lot deep rooted family hatred that he needs to sort out. 

A lot of the patterns were really ugly. 

• Love 2

I love Tabitha but she is no Marcus Lemonis, Mark Cuban, or Lori Greinier. She doesn't have the broad range of industry experience and it shows. Tabitha needs to stick with salons and beauty related shows. She was really trying to create things to fix with these two dimwits and missed the mark. The lack of sales, income, and target marketing was secondary to organization. Tabatha's answer was to clean up the place and sell their goods at a pop-up store. I hate the "relative" part of the show. 

The disorganization and lack of care for the garments is gross. No one wants to put that fabric on their body. Who knows which surface it had been on at some point.

• Love 4

Great business idea with the modest clothing. The daughter is beautiful. The show feels so unfinished though. They were at the pop-up, they showed the sales, Tabatha gave a two minute speech about how they'll be fine and the show ended. There's just not much substance here and we don't really see them working on anything. I think I'm over this Tabatha incarnation.

• Love 7

I think that I figured out the "three weeks with me" is that they are filming and working with all of the families during the same three week period.  That makes this show much less of a commitment for Tabatha and production and therefore is probably a lot less expensive to produce.  However, it definitely lacks in quality and is not as much must see t.v. for me compared to her other show which I continue to watch when Bravo shows repeats.  They thought they would hit the same magic with a shorter production schedule and increased family drama.  

Tabatha-please, please, please bring back a revised version of your original show(s).

• Love 4
On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 10:01 PM, SnarkyTart said:

The son/brother (Menashe?) looked like congressman Paul Ryan.  Other than that, I got nothin'. 

He does! I also laughed when Tabitha said he was acting like a dick in one of her talking heads. That family was exhausting.

I also wish she would stick to salons. I caught some reruns that were airing before this show started and they were so good.

• Love 4

Not a single new post after episode 4 about Modica's Deli.  The show really is that bad.

I had no interest in watching it live on Wednesday night, so just got around to watching it last night.  Yet another entitled  son/enabling mother combination.  Tabatha produced a 180 degree turnaround in the son's attitude just by listening to him say that he was gay and he didn't know if his extended traditional Greek family accepted him because of it.  But when Tabatha asked him how his mother reacted when he came out to her, he said she was fine with it.  Huh?   When Tabatha told the mom what her son said, the mother made a big ritual of putting a small gay pride rainbow sticker on the business's window and all was well.  What?   The business was $200,000 in debt and making no profit during dinnertime.  Tabatha had them come up with a happy hour menu and it turned everything around just like that.  Really?

Now that the show isn't resuming until March 2nd, I can't say whether I'll be in for the second half.

• Love 1

I am another one who will watch anything Tabatha does! I have a high tolerance for trash TV and I love her, so it's a win-win for me. However, I agree that at first glance this doesn't seem  my favorite of all her shows. 

On another note, I really disliked the children of the pizza guy. Why NOT  let him have the photos and the ideas he created?  He has worked hard his entire life and seems extremely generous to his family. They are all spoiled brats. They claim to love him so much, but they sure don't seem to respect him. The DJ especially when she referred to his ideas is "old" - honey, if it weren't for his "old" ideas you wouldn't even have a pizza parlor, so you shut your smug face!! 

I was hoping Tabatha I would do a few quick make-overs while she gave them business advice. I'm calling out the DJ again;  her hair looked so terrible I'm sure Tabatha it was cringing the whole time.

• Love 3
On 1/26/2018 at 7:55 AM, MyAimIsTrue said:

I finally watched the premier episode and while it wasn't the bulldog Tabatha we all know and love I found something about the pizza dad endearing and wanted things to work out for him regardless of which decision was made.  The show was enjoyable and I'll tune in again.

I really liked the Dad! He was adorable. But my goodness, the constant whining from the wife and the daughter drove me crazy. I don't know how he deals with it all.

Couldn't stand the son in the Modica's episode. I felt bad for him that he feared coming out to his family, but he was so rude and mouthy. He was just spoiled.

However, I think Tabatha is better suited for a salon environment. I don't think restaurants are her strength. I loved seeing her in the salon where her background in the beauty industry really shined.

• Love 1

I love Tabitha and I am so glad she is back on tv.  Yes she is tough talking (like Anne on the Food Network) but I love how she says what some are thinking.  I hope the show continues on because I love more Tabitha on the tv. 

• Love 3
On 2/9/2018 at 5:51 PM, atlantaloves said:

Well hey, can I just beg to differ here, I really enjoyed that episode.  But then, I am in love with Tabatha. She turned that fart brain around. I liked that episode a lot. 

Me, too. I felt like the son’s story felt very personal to her, and her usual steel demeanor softened a bit for him.

• Love 2

Menashe has a lot of anger ...way too much anger to be just related to this store. There is more to the story about him leaving the religion. His whole rant about hypocrites made me consider perhaps he too is dealing with some unidentified pain and trauma. His lashing out is a result of that I think. Something happened with Manny years ago, something that was traumatic enough to shake his faith and make him walk away from his religion. Twin sister said Manny changed almost overnight...and she has struggled to connect with him ever since. They all keep skirting around the issue...so what happened? 

He was more focused on branding his Handy Manny business than he was with his twin sister and Moms modest clothing business. His excuses were just a cover to his lack of interest. Good thing he left, they are much better off without him involved, he was dead weight dragging them down with his anger and negativity. Manny, if you are reading this, go get therapy. The way you are ‘coping’ is not working, you are just shoving anger to your family. Tell them the truth, tell them what happened. Release the burdens you are carrying. Hey, maybe he’s in the closet too, and just hasn’t come out yet....I’m just speculating that Manny has some deep dark skeleton that is driving him mad. 

• Love 2

Well, the sisters with the spin cycle business were interesting, especially how they completely changed business outlook personalities.  Previously resistant sister became the cheerleader and the formerly cheerleading sister became the resistant one.  It was very telling when people one by one tried to leave during the big sister argument on relaunch day.  Tabitha has a wonderful ability to lay down some truths, but it is always amazing to me how resistant to change people are whose business(es) are failing.  I always wonder why they think their business ideas are best when they are so close to closing and/or bankruptcy.  

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm wondering if Cynthia thought if she signed up for this show, the show would pay for the renovations ala the bar makeover show.  In fact, I was surprised that Bravo wasn't paying for it. Hell, I could go in and tell someone they would do better if the got a new website and redecorated but what good it that? I could understand her hesitancy if she's barely making a profit that she started to freak out when the bill came due.

Edited by Caseysgirl
Mistake
  • Love 2
(edited)

hey.. I kinda lost this track of the show during the Olympics. I have to admit I enjoyed the last episode - 'Spinning out of control". I've always wondered how successful (or not) was a spin only studio. I do doubt how Tabitha turns around a business within her 3-step x-days plan, but this was an interesting one. 

Karyn is teaching 5-6 classes a day? And it appears she's not physically well - walking around with a coat on and napping all of the time. Surely there has to be some wiggle room to take that load off of her.

I didn't like the suggestion of asking the celebrities to promote their business. Sometimes a celebrity wants to go to a place and workout w/o the rest of the paparazzi knowing.

If anyone finds the recipes for the dinner they cooked at home, please let us know !!! 

here's their web site:  The Graham Sisters - RPM Spin

Personally, I have never tried spinning, but I would not like a fitness studio where I had to climb stairs, just to get into the place.

anybody know how did Tabitha lose her weight if she doesn't care to exercise?

Edited by sATL

The thing that made me smile was that the instructor that Karyn and Tabatha had in the class at the other gym showed up for the relaunch party.

On 3/4/2018 at 7:10 PM, sATL said:

I didn't like the suggestion of asking the celebrities to promote their business. Sometimes a celebrity wants to go to a place and workout w/o the rest of the paparazzi knowing.

It seemed like the two women were pretty willing.  I doubt they would have featured that so prominently if they'd said no.

• Love 1

I'm watching the Sweet Dixie Kitchen episode. I was watching them in the news when the Popeye's story broke, and this episode explained a LOT. The story wouldn't have happened if Kim had not engaged the Yelp reviewer. Now that I've seen this, it's apparent that Kim doesn't have the ability to judge situations like that.

This was the only episode I've really gotten into so far because I had prior interest in the featured business. The rest of them have been leaving me feeling pretty meh. I don't feel like there's anything at stake here. Nobody really gets fired-- I don't think the one brother wanted to be there anyway and he had another job, so it's not like he was going to be on the streets or anything. They're not letting Tabatha be Tabatha and run the show by tearing things down and building it back up into what it needs to be to succeed.

I loved the Sweet Dixie episode, hated the mother of course, but Tabatha won in the end. I hope it will last.  Once a mean control freak, always a control freak from my experience. God, just have a fit about things not be labeled lady. 

• Love 2

Wow. The owner of Sweet Dixie Kitchen is such a horrible, unhappy, disgusting person. Looking at her replies to her Yelp reviews, she comes off as very combative. Instead of getting to the root of the complaint, she berates the customer. I honestly don't see this restaurant lasting very long.

• Love 5
On 3/10/2018 at 5:13 PM, LordOfLotion said:

I'm watching the Sweet Dixie Kitchen episode. I was watching them in the news when the Popeye's story broke, and this episode explained a LOT. The story wouldn't have happened if Kim had not engaged the Yelp reviewer. Now that I've seen this, it's apparent that Kim doesn't have the ability to judge situations like that.

This was the only episode I've really gotten into so far because I had prior interest in the featured business. The rest of them have been leaving me feeling pretty meh. I don't feel like there's anything at stake here. Nobody really gets fired-- I don't think the one brother wanted to be there anyway and he had another job, so it's not like he was going to be on the streets or anything. They're not letting Tabatha be Tabatha and run the show by tearing things down and building it back up into what it needs to be to succeed.

What Popeyes story....I feel like I’m missing something. ...elucidate please. 

2 minutes ago, Spiderella2 said:

What Popeyes story....I feel like I’m missing something. ...elucidate please. 

This was one of those viral stories that was hot for like 24-48 hours last fall I think, and then everyone forgot about it. The short of it is that Kim was buying Popeye's fried chicken and passing it off as her own home made chicken. Someone caught her red handed bringing it in through the back door of her restaurant, and busted her on Yelp. That's where it should have ended. The problem is that the owner can't seem to let things like that go. She posted a combative response that one of the local papers picked up, and it spread like wildfire from there-- it made national news.

Then people started flooding the SDK Facebook page with comments, and it was bad. There were local business owners defending this to the bitter, bitter end, and however you feel about it, there's a certain point where you bow out and save your own skin. They were afraid that it was going to put her out of business, leave a vacancy there on that strip, and that it would have a domino effect on the other businesses there. 

After 2 or 3 days of this, they finally stopped trying to defend themselves and shut the page down. The situation on Yelp calmed down after the initial kerfluffle, and they sell "#popeyesgate" t-shirts at the restaurant now I guess. I don't know if they were ever cited for any health code violations as a result of not transporting the chicken properly or if Popeye's ever took issue with any trademark infringement. 

Kim never learned her lesson. She still posts these combative responses on Yelp, and it's going to get her into trouble again.

• Love 5

Wow, Megan the wife in the real estate ep was afull on bitch.  And she is teaching her kids to be as disrespectful and unappreciative and irresponsible as she is.  I really hope the husband gets his balls back and goes back to TX to rebuild.  I would advise him to get a job with a modest salary so he can live comfortably while sending child support and minimal alimony. Don’t make too much money for a few years so that bleach blonde leech will be forced to find another ambitious man with a fat wallet.  Once she hooks a new sucker, Zeke can ramp up his career and make a bundle of cash and be happy.

That woman was a nightmare.  She had no real interest in her kids or husband. She liked the facade of being a Real Housewife of Beverly Hills.  She was all about playing the victim.  Rolling my eyes hard at her attempt to be a “strong independent woman” at the end.  Totally hated her from start to finish.  Run Zeke run!

• Love 9

So agree with BusyOctober re Megan. The one thing that bothered me about the end of the show was that, for all of Megan's "strong independent woman" statement, there was nothing showing that she had learned the practicalities of budgeting, or hiring qualified staff, or any of the things that Zeke had worked on. 

• Love 7

This was a first episode where I was saying -"Leave, just leave".  I'm betting she will be backt to the same place after the cameras go out. I saw nothing independent nor strong of Megan.

Edited by Crucial
  • Love 4

The wife was so insufferable! The husband was so hurt when she pawned her wedding ring and never got it back. She obviously didn't care too much about her marriage. 

I feel like she used him as a stepping stone to live like a Real Housewife. I can't believe how much money she wasted on insignificant things. 

• Love 3
On 3/16/2018 at 7:05 AM, LordOfLotion said:

This was one of those viral stories that was hot for like 24-48 hours last fall I think, and then everyone forgot about it. The short of it is that Kim was buying Popeye's fried chicken and passing it off as her own home made chicken. Someone caught her red handed bringing it in through the back door of her restaurant, and busted her on Yelp. That's where it should have ended. The problem is that the owner can't seem to let things like that go. She posted a combative response that one of the local papers picked up, and it spread like wildfire from there-- it made national news.

Then people started flooding the SDK Facebook page with comments, and it was bad. There were local business owners defending this to the bitter, bitter end, and however you feel about it, there's a certain point where you bow out and save your own skin. They were afraid that it was going to put her out of business, leave a vacancy there on that strip, and that it would have a domino effect on the other businesses there. 

After 2 or 3 days of this, they finally stopped trying to defend themselves and shut the page down. The situation on Yelp calmed down after the initial kerfluffle, and they sell "#popeyesgate" t-shirts at the restaurant now I guess. I don't know if they were ever cited for any health code violations as a result of not transporting the chicken properly or if Popeye's ever took issue with any trademark infringement. 

Kim never learned her lesson. She still posts these combative responses on Yelp, and it's going to get her into trouble again.

Thanks for the explanation. I never heard about that but it sounds exact'y like something Kim would do. 

The real estate episode was so sad. This couple was obv dysfunctional but Tabatha picked the wrong horse. Megan is the problem, and she is going to sink the business without anyone curbing her impulsive spending. She needs financial counseling.  She claims she raided his bank account for food for her kids, but those Louboutins she was wearing cost a pretty penny. I agree with the PPs...she does want to be a Real Housewife...living that Beverly Hills life.

I think the husband needs therapy, to me it just seemed like he was dealing with so much trauma, maybe even PTSD...the anger, the random outbursts, the crying on the side of the house. He was so broken and emasculated. The pawning of the ring to go to Sea World...wow...what a stupid move. And she didn’t even get the ring back in 4 years, even when she made money. 

Tabatha should have forced them into counseling. That would have helped to teach them communication skills, which is what they really need. Those poor kids. They knew the end was coming, you could see it on their faces. 

• Love 3
23 hours ago, Mischievious said:

In this last episode when the producer called Tabitha and met them at the curb ... the produceer's name was Kristin and I immediately thought it was the same Kristin who has had to endure Farrah on Teen Mom ??‍♀️

I absolutely think it was, because I could've sworn that Megan was the same overly enthusiastic weirdo realtor who showed Farrah around Los Angeles when she was house-shopping earlier this season. I just assumed there was some producer overlap. I really only noticed because I remember being distracted by how Megan's overall size completely dwarfed Farrah. One and the same!

31 minutes ago, londonfroglet said:

I absolutely think it was, because I could've sworn that Megan was the same overly enthusiastic weirdo realtor who showed Farrah around Los Angeles when she was house-shopping earlier this season. I just assumed there was some producer overlap. I really only noticed because I remember being distracted by how Megan's overall size completely dwarfed Farrah. One and the same!

OMG!!! Keep the Teen Mom crazy away from the wonderful Tabitha. 

• Love 2

I'm know no psychologist but... 

It seemed to me that Megan only wanted the fiction of a marriage, not the work that goes into making a marriage work. Looking at all of her past "media appearances" suggests that she really does love the spotlight whereas the husband just wants to live a "normal" suburban American life.

It was hard watching the kids watching their parents, knowing that whatever they see may come back to affect them -- and their partners -- later in life. 

I really hope the producers of the show get counseling for the kids, if not for the parents. It's hard enough to watch the parents in real time. Now the parents' argument is on video, and the Internet -- for life. 

• Love 1

Megan is trying to make money off her appearance on Tabitha's show. She's offering herself up as a motivational speaker and holding marriage seminars.

After looking at Zeke's LinkedIn it looks like he may be in Las Vegas now working as a "Vice President" of some kind of civil defense company.

As much as Megan annoyed me and infuriated me on their episode Zeke made me nervous in some ways with the outbursts, anger and bolting out the side door when Tabitha arrived at their home. I hope he considers therapy at some point because it was said on the show that he wouldn't go. It was kinda scary how he could seem calm and understanding of a situation then kinda blow up all of a sudden. I felt the worst for the kids as others have mentioned. 

4 hours ago, Jaded said:

As much as Megan annoyed me and infuriated me on their episode Zeke made me nervous in some ways with the outbursts, anger and bolting out the side door when Tabitha arrived at their home.

I kept wondering if he had PTSD from his military service.

Which brings up another loathsome thing bout Megan.  Part of her "poor, pitiful me" routine was about how hard it was to be by herself to raise her kids when Zeke was overseas.  I've known enough military spouses to know how much it sucks when the other half is deployed--a former co-worker's husband missed the birth of their first child because his ship was in the Persian Gulf--but she knew going in that it was a part of the life.  And I know how strong the support networks of other spouses are, which helps.

I just can't get over the pawning her wedding ring and not bothering to get it back.  My wedding band is currently off being resized, and it feels so weird not to have it.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, londonfroglet said:

This is AMAZING!  Megan was so thirsty for Farrah's friendship in that episode. It was gross. 

• Love 1

Megan was awfully quick to always talk over anything Zeke said and to paint herself as a victim.  However, what was really telling to me was Megan's desire to live and work in Beverly Hills, but it was all in appearance only.  The outside of the real estate office was completely different from the inside, and the interior of the house in Beverly Hills was a disaster.  Everything was "appearance" for her.  Oh, and when there's not enough money to take the kids to Sea World, don't pawn your ring, just tell them "no, we aren't going..."  But, she wanted the appearance of taking them on vacay, etc.

I agree with an above poster that Tabatha backed the wrong person in this episode.  I think Tabatha was in over her head and just went with whomever was willing to continue to film.

• Love 2
23 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I agree with an above poster that Tabatha backed the wrong person in this episode.  I think Tabatha was in over her head and just went with whomever was willing to continue to film.

Or...the one who stuck with the business she was supposed to be helping. Clearly Megan just went on the show for exposure, but my God, what a train wreck. 

• Love 2