Type keyword(s) to search

Season 9 Spoilers, Speculation & Social Media

Aethera
  • Start Topic

15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Why Maddie and Caleb needed their own bathroom, at least for a bit 

I don’t mean to be morbid, she said “ the last 5 amazing weeks of his life”. I think it should say past, not last??

I don't know . . . we've said things like, "Buying a new house and fixing it up has kept us busy for the last 3 months."  What bothered me more about her post was trying to figure out whether "reminace" means "reminisce."  And did they have a professional photographer filming the birth???? ("raquelwernerphoto")

• Love 5

Wait, is that a pic of the bathtub birth? 

I thought for some strange reason Maddie was sitting in the tub rocking the baby. That's what she said she was doing in her post so I figured that's what the picture was of ... I was thinking "why the hell is she sitting in the tub" and wondering why Caleb was hovering over her.

Sorry, it's still early here and I haven't had my coffee yet. I just thought the caption would actually have something to do with the picture, silly me.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Wait, is that a pic of the bathtub birth? 

I thought for some strange reason Maddie was sitting in the tub rocking the baby. That's what she said she was doing in her post so I figured that's what the picture was of ... I was thinking "why the hell is she sitting in the tub" and wondering why Caleb was hovering over her.

Sorry, it's still early here and I haven't had my coffee yet. I just thought the caption would actually have something to do with the picture, silly me.

?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

And did they have a professional photographer filming the birth????

Hell, yes.  We're talking the Famewhore Family here. I bet the sold those for a pretty penny to some tabloid.  And then complained about how the public talks smack about them.

18 months would not be a BSN unless the student had done at least two years of coursework before beginning or already likely had an RN.

Correct. That's an accelerated program for those who already have an RN, usually an associate degree or has completed 2 years of non-nursing related prerequisites.  A full BSN program is 4 years.  Then, for a specialty, there is an additional period (usually 1-2 years) depending on the program.

• Love 3

A friend who already had a BS in an unrelated field went back for a nursing/certified nurse midwife degree (she had been a doula for years so not a whim) - there is extremely fierce competition for those schools and most were out of state. And of course being a nurse practitioner is a completely different certification program. Maddie's looking at about 8 yrs of full time school to do all of it.

Edited by kassa
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I don't know . . . we've said things like, "Buying a new house and fixing it up has kept us busy for the last 3 months."  What bothered me more about her post was trying to figure out whether "reminace" means "reminisce."  And did they have a professional photographer filming the birth???? ("raquelwernerphoto")

Thats the first thing I thought! A professional photgrapher during the birth....hmmm? Famewhoring at its best I guess.

• Love 4

I’m thinking Janelle misspoke, or more likely, misunderstood the “practical” part of what Maddie is actually studying, LPN, and turned it into nurse practitioner. She probably has no idea what a huge difference there is between them. 

Edited by Lsk02
  • Love 9

Every young nurse is "planning" on becoming an NP now. Nobody plans to stay at the bedside. Also, most nurses and almost ALL new nurses work nights weekends and holidays. No getting out of it. She wouldn't like it.

• Love 6

Hi all: Long time lurker, first time poster.   I have to say, I am extremely disappointed in Maddie. She used to be one of my favorite kids.  Let's face it, there's no way she's going to finish a BSN, let alone become a nurse practitioner.  

On another note, has anyone noticed how much more successful the older boys have become than the girls? Logan is working on an MBA, the two other older boys working on military careers? I truly think its a difference in the way the boys and the girls have been socialized in the family, even if its subliminal.  The girls have been socialized to get married young and start popping out babies, and I think the boys have been told to focus on being able to provide.  I also think their high school sports activities introduced them to different lifestyles. 

Edited by SkippyBeef
  • Love 23
20 minutes ago, SkippyBeef said:

Hi all: Long time lurker, first time poster.   I have to say, I am extremely disappointed in Maddie. She used to be one of my favorite kids.  Let's face it, there's no way she's going to find a BSN, let alone become a nurse practitioner.  

On another note, has anyone noticed how much more successful the older boys have become than the girls? Logan is working on an MBA, the two other older boys working on military careers? I truly think its a difference in the way the boys and the girls have been socialized in the family, even if its subliminal.  The girls have been socialized to get married young and start popping out babies, and I think the boys have been told to focus on being able to provide.  I also think their high school sports activities socialized them more and showed them more different lifestyles. 

Welcome SkippyBeef, I am fairly new to this site too but pop in several times a day for the witty observations on the madcap group known as the Browns. 

Your analysis of the differences male/female offspring is spot on IMO.  I recall Mykelti had aspirations to become a fashion designer and that seemed to fall by the wayside when Kody accompanied her to a consultation with some professional designers and pontificated that he didn't approve of Mykelti designing "immodest" garments.

Mariah has also adjusted her career goals from Doctor, to NP, to now MSW, still a lofty goal and I hope she sees it through.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, SkippyBeef said:

Hi all: Long time lurker, first time poster.   I have to say, I am extremely disappointed in Maddie. She used to be one of my favorite kids.  Let's face it, there's no way she's going to finish a BSN, let alone become a nurse practitioner.  

On another note, has anyone noticed how much more successful the older boys have become than the girls? Logan is working on an MBA, the two other older boys working on military careers? I truly think its a difference in the way the boys and the girls have been socialized in the family, even if its subliminal.  The girls have been socialized to get married young and start popping out babies, and I think the boys have been told to focus on being able to provide.  I also think their high school sports activities introduced them to different lifestyles. 

Maddie's never been a favorite of mine - she always had a bit of an attitude. I am surprised that she took the "marriage and baby route" so young though.

Mykelti's the one I thought would really do something interesting. I liked her rebel persona. I have a feeling that even now, she's the one who'd be the most fun to hang out with. (<sentence ending in a preposition!). It would've been cool to see her pursue a career in fashion, but perhaps her talent level wasn't elevated enough to make it in the business.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, SkippyBeef said:

I was hoping at least one of the girls would go rogue and join the military. 

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

I was hoping at least one of the girls would go rogue and join the military. 

For some reason Gwen popped in my head when I read this. 

If it happens, perhaps I will start a new career as a psychic!

• Love 9

I thought Mykelti's problem with meeting some career people in the design industry is that she was ill prepared and had a lot of work to do, in order to get ready.  Nothing wrong with that, but, it seemed to me that she just wasn't inclined to put that much time and work into it.  Now, I'm not sure what her goals are.  She comes off as quite haughty to me, especially to be so young.  It's almost like she has a chip on her shoulder. 

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I thought Mykelti's problem with meeting some career people in the design industry is that she was ill prepared and had a lot of work to do, in order to get ready.  Nothing wrong with that, but, it seemed to me that she just wasn't inclined to put that much time and work into it.  Now, I'm not sure what her goals are.  She comes off as quite haughty to me, especially to be so young.  It's almost like she has a chip on her shoulder. 

If I remember correctly she couldn't even draw. Any one with a strong sense of design would not have those gray tacky flowers and diffidently would want her own choice in a dress not some no nothing slob. 

• Love 4

I didn't have trouble with her gown, but, the other stuff......maybe, it looked different in her mind.  That's all I can figure.  But, some of her ideas about things was just bizarre and tacky, imo.  I don't recall her not being able to draw.  Maybe, it's the kind of thing that you can improve upon....or maybe not.  It's a shame to not follow your passion though. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

If I remember correctly she couldn't even draw. Any one with a strong sense of design would not have those gray tacky flowers and diffidently would want her own choice in a dress not some no nothing slob. 

5 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

She would not last a day in the design industry. Miranda Priestly-types from Devil Wears Prada are real, and Mykelti doesn't appear to have a passion for that kind of work, nor does she look like she cares about fashion. The whole Brown clan should stick to LuLaNo. 

Florals? For Spring? Groundbreaking.

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 3
On 1/28/2018 at 9:29 AM, Gothish520 said:

Maddie's never been a favorite of mine - she always had a bit of an attitude. I am surprised that she took the "marriage and baby route" so young though.

Mykelti's the one I thought would really do something interesting. I liked her rebel persona. I have a feeling that even now, she's the one who'd be the most fun to hang out with. (<sentence ending in a preposition!). It would've been cool to see her pursue a career in fashion, but perhaps her talent level wasn't elevated enough to make it in the business.

I think Mykelti is just always trying to stand out from the crowd, in anyway possible. Any attention is good attention. This is why she is settling for FT, unfortunately.  Pretty sad.

• Love 3

Re:  Maddie in pursuit of a nursing program.

My daughter graduated from CSN (College of Southern Nevada) last year with an Associates Degree in Science.  It is a community college, so it is a feeder into the University system.  They do not have a BSN program, but graduates do get priority admission to UNLV, which does. 

• Love 7

Lets face it,  Maddie did not have any talent as a fashion designer but there are many other jobs that are fashion related.  She could have perused other avenues.  I agree with SkippyBeef that the girls seem  focused on marriage and children but the boys go for a career.  To quote Kody, "it seems trite."

• Love 5
19 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

She would not last a day in the design industry. Miranda Priestly-types from Devil Wears Prada are real, and Mykelti doesn't appear to have a passion for that kind of work, nor does she look like she cares about fashion. The whole Brown clan should stick to LuLaNo. 

Florals? For Spring? Groundbreaking.

Ha! Meryl Streep and Stanley Tucci were fantastic in that movie. Miranda is just so awful, you can't help but bask in her masterful bitchiness! 

Mykelti appeared to have a flair for fashion for a brief period. Perhaps once she abandoned the idea of making a career out of it, she just stopped trying.

Edited by Gothish520
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Ha! Meryl Streep and Stanley Tucci were fantastic in that movie. Miranda is just so awful, you can't help but bask in her masterful bitchiness! 

Mykelti appeared to have a flair for fashion for a brief period. Perhaps once she abandoned the idea of making a career out of it, she just stopped trying.

It's just so hard to get into and it's cut-throat. I remember Kate from the Amish series getting into fashion design and it was a real eye opener for her. She had good fashion sense, too, and was a very hard worker. I don't see Mykelti putting herself in the kind of position Kate did--it looked very stressful, people in the industry have a tendency to be harsh and Mykelti would have to be willing to put up being low on the totem pole. 

I think having a "flair for fashion" and being passionate enough to dedicate yourself 100% are quite different (and why didn't she take the opportunity to design her own wedding dress?). 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, TurtlePower said:

It's just so hard to get into and it's cut-throat. I remember Kate from the Amish series getting into fashion design and it was a real eye opener for her. She had good fashion sense, too, and was a very hard worker. I don't see Mykelti putting herself in the kind of position Kate did--it looked very stressful, people in the industry have a tendency to be harsh and Mykelti would have to be willing to put up being low on the totem pole. 

I think having a "flair for fashion" and being passionate enough to dedicate yourself 100% are quite different (and why didn't she take the opportunity to design her own wedding dress?). 

Agree, absolutely. 

I've always loved makeup and have gotten compliments on my skills. I was considering pursuing a career with one of the prestige cosmetics companies, until I really thought about it. Yes, I love makeup and I love doing my own, but would I really enjoy doing makeup on other people all day? And working on commission, pushing products on customers for a paycheck? Nope!

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

Agree, absolutely. 

I've always loved makeup and have gotten compliments on my skills. I was considering pursuing a career with one of the prestige cosmetics companies, until I really thought about it. Yes, I love makeup and I love doing my own, but would I really enjoy doing makeup on other people all day? And working on commission, pushing products on customers for a paycheck? Nope!

Not to digress too far off-topic, but looks like Kate Stoltz has made it. 

And meanwhile, in Brown Town, Meri is on another blocking binge. Typical Meri on the defensive and her minions right there with her. She can never respond respectfully, she has to be middle school about it all:

• Love 3
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

And meanwhile, in Brown Town, Meri is on another blocking binge. Typical Meri on the defensive and her minions right there with her. She can never respond respectfully, she has to be middle school about it all:

She is just so unlikable. How in the world does this woman have any friends at all? Her own family doesn't even care if she comes around anymore either. I'm guessing this attitude is part of the reason.

• Love 12
40 minutes ago, SL16 said:

How in the world does this woman have any friends at all?

She has ass-kissing sycophants (sporting the brains of a turnip) who view her as a major star, buy her LLR crap, and write her adoring twits or whatever the hell they are.  It's a sad state of affairs when someone finds something likable in that bitch.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

So.....  Meri....  Sigh...   First of all, you don't use twitter the same way you would speak to your misbehaving child.   Secondly, your grammar sucks ass.  It should read "Stands for my mom as well."  For, not from, you idiot.  And you really aren't taking care of your aging parent, you are wanting your fambly to take care of her.  Idiot.   Take a Xanax and chill the fuck out.   And grow the fuck up while you're at it.

Edited by tabloidlover
had to finish rant.
  • Love 16
4 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Ok - talk crap about my family or my daughter? Does that mean that she doesn't consider her daughter part of her family??  And for the love of the Gods, woman, reread what you wrote, then edit and spellcheck before hitting send.    

Plus you're not taking care of your aging parent.  That would mean having her move in with you, or helping her move close to you in maybe a small apartment.  But asking your family to help buy your mother a home - one that is 3 hours away, so you can't drop in on her, or drive her places if she can't drive anymore, or drop off groceries, etc, etc, is just selfish.  It's YOU who want the home and now with weddings and college tuitions to pay for, it's a crazy waste of money.  If Meri wants the home to come back into her family so badly, why isn't she asking her brothers and sisters for the money and they can go in on it as a extended family type home or b and b?

Edited by DragonFaerie
  • Love 15

I'd be worried if I was Aspyn.  Her guy could be all gaga over her now, but "get a calling" to take another wife, like her dear old dad.

Cynical old lady here.  Why can't we get older and wiser, and keep our hot young bods?   LOL

• Love 15
14 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

Ok - talk crap about my family or my daughter? Does that mean that she doesn't consider her daughter part of her family??  And for the love of the Gods, woman, reread what you wrote, then edit and spellcheck before hitting send.    

Plus you're not taking care of your aging parent.  That would mean having her move in with you, or helping her move close to you in maybe a small apartment.  But asking your family to help buy your mother a home - one that is 3 hours away, so you can't drop in on her, or drive her places if she can't drive anymore, or drop off groceries, etc, etc, is just selfish.  It's YOU who want the home and now with weddings and college tuitions to pay for, it's a crazy waste of money.  If Meri wants the home to come back into her family so badly, why isn't she asking her brothers and sisters for the money and they can go in on it as a extended family type home or b and b?

Meri seems incapable of expressing herself in a respectful manner. It's possible to get your point across without resorting to 13-year-old-like twitter responses. Meri, there are always going to be haters and trolls in the social media world. Rise above it--they like it when people get riled up, that's what they are there for. Then they go and make more fake accounts and keep trolling.

A better way to put it: "Please know I will not tolerate disrespectful or cruel comments towards any of members of my family. Anyone continuing to post such comments will ultimately be blocked. Thanks for understanding, Meri."

It's not that hard to get the point across, but given her personality, I don't see it in her ever to not be confrontational. 

• Love 10

Just got around to watching this craphole of a show last night.  Had I been one of the family & Meri admitted that she just wanted the house for her mother, and not to run as a business, my reaction would have been one of relief.  Thank goodness we don't have to invest in that dusty old house anymore!  It's ALL Meri's.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I'd be worried if I was Aspyn.  Her guy could be all gaga over her now, but "get a calling" to take another wife, like her dear old dad.

Cynical old lady here.  Why can't we get older and wiser, and keep our hot young bods?   LOL

Second the motion.  Cynical old lady here too.

• Love 6

"Once Meri discovered that “Sam” was Jackie in August 2015, she was understandably devastated. In retaliation to Meri ending their relationship, “Sam” — who, to this day, insists their romance was the real deal — exposed the reality star’s sexts and private voicemails via “his” blog. “Sam” went so far as to write a book titled Almost Meri’ed, which was later made available on Amazon."

What the hell?  Has anyone read that book?   Ack - went to look on Amazon.  Disgusting!!   I'll pass.   J.O. honestly creeps me out.  Big time.

Edited by Kyanight
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, Otter said:

Have no idea if this is any sort of a reliable source, but may be a wrap for the Browns once this season is over.

Well, right off the bat I'd have to question the salary. Surely that cannot be $180,000 per person per episode. That would be $900,000 per episode and no way on God's green earth would TLC shell out that kind of money. 

And on the other side of the coin, if it is for the season, no way Kadoofus would agree to go from making $900,000 to making only $180,000 for an entire season.

Intersting link as it says what most of us have been thinking - ther is no story here anymore.  Not that there ever was except maybe the first episode or two.  After that, crickets.

1 minute ago, Kyanight said:

What the hell?  Has anyone read that book?

It,s more of a pamphlet from what I've read.  A number of people discussed it back when it came out. I think one or two forum members fell on the sword for the rest of us and managed to get through it without gouging out their eyes so that they could report on it.

• Love 7

I have to agree here.  Doofus would never want to be considered that desperate, IMO.  They'd have to sell the McMansions then, wouldn't they?  Or, does Nevada allow keeping a house when one declares bankruptcy?  No idea there.

And, here they are just like the Duggars, enabling grifting offspring to provide wedding and birthing storylines.  Hell, Doofus might even see fit to knock up Robyn once or twice again, just so he won't have to go back to advertising, or selling, or whatever he said he did at the beginning.  #5 wife?  I wondered about Mindy, but it's been too long since she moved in, to "take the stress of dear Robyn" so Robyn could hawk overpriced jewelry.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Otter said:

Have no idea if this is any sort of a reliable source, but may be a wrap for the Browns once this season is over.

http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/sister-wives-canceled-tlc-152774

This show definitely has run its course. 

41 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

"Once Meri discovered that “Sam” was Jackie in August 2015, she was understandably devastated. In retaliation to Meri ending their relationship, “Sam” — who, to this day, insists their romance was the real deal — exposed the reality star’s sexts and private voicemails via “his” blog. “Sam” went so far as to write a book titled Almost Meri’ed, which was later made available on Amazon."

What the hell?  Has anyone read that book?   Ack - went to look on Amazon.  Disgusting!!   I'll pass.   J.O. honestly creeps me out.  Big time.

I found it online--it was hard to read as it was very poorly written. I also heard the voice messages. I don't believe the book but those voice messages show just how deep Meri was into "Sam". I'm sure she'd love for this to just go away, but it never will no matter how hard she tries to get on with her life. She was not honest about it, so that's her stress to bear (and she has it coming). 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, TurtlePower said:

This show definitely has run its course. 

I found it online--it was hard to read as it was very poorly written. I also heard the voice messages. I don't believe the book but those voice messages show just how deep Meri was into "Sam". I'm sure she'd love for this to just go away, but it never will no matter how hard she tries to get on with her life. She was not honest about it, so that's her stress to bear (and she has it coming). 

I read some reviews.  Both 5 stars and 1 star reviews.  I saw that page of the book - it wasn't legible.  I highly doubt ANYONE really believes a man named Sam Cooper wrote that book - but if someone were seriously that stupid... wouldn't they wonder how an illiterate ape became a millionaire businessman?     I can't even imagine what the voice messages were like.  I think that is one part that really makes my skin crawl - how could a woman make herself sound like a man?  Wouldn't Meri have HAD to be suspicious when she was talking to "him"?  I mean....?!??????

2 hours ago, Otter said:

Well, I can't say I'm surprised.  The show is threatening to be, if it isn't already, the replacement for the Duggars.  I don't think anyone is particularly enamored to watch wedding after wedding of these wonderful young ladies who've been given next to no idea of what it means to be an active, contributing citizen in the community.   The boys, as someone noted earlier, are doing a fine job of assimilating and few of them have revealed any serious desire to maintain their own polygamous relationships.

And their constant, palpable false fear of arrest for their beliefs has gotten old too.

I will miss them, maybe, as I've gotten used to watching them, but I'm sure I'll get over it.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Otter said:

I call bogus since it isn't an announcement coming from TLC and it states that their numbers were 2.5 million recently.  The ratings are posted pretty regularly and I never remember seeing anything higher than one and a half million. They may have had an episode or two when the catfish was drawing a lot of attention, but anytime I see an online article like that with "sources" listed I just think that we should all wave at Kendra and thank her for visiting...

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Who knows with this crew and the way TLC does stuff. I personally hope the Browns negotiate themselves right off the air.

All I could think of was..... and they JUST bought that house for almost 400 grand!

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

I call bogus since it isn't an announcement coming from TLC and it states that their numbers were 2.5 million recently. 

It may be bogus but it's not wrong.  This is one boring mess of schlock.  How many stupid weddings and births are we supposed to care about? That's a family thing, not something to draw in the public, at least those with a functioning brain.

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

It may be bogus but it's not wrong.  This is one boring mess of schlock.  How many stupid weddings and births are we supposed to care about? That's a family thing, not something to draw in the public, at least those with a functioning brain.

Exactly.  And factor in Christine's endless singing.  I wasn't paying any attention to the first voice lesson but had to sit up at the caterwauling.  Once was enough.  Once was more than enough.  And it's just filler now with people no one likes, especially Kody.  

And he wants to marry the NANNY?  What nanny?  I'm behind but have yet to see a nanny.  That is really creepy if it's true.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

Hell, he'd marry a nanny GOAT if he thought it would save the show.

Oh good Lord, that is hilarious but sadly true.  

I have no idea about the compensation but maybe $180K/adult/season makes some sense.  I'd have to be be paid a LOT more to put my business out there, but I''m much more boring than the boring Browns.  Yet if this was my main source of income (trying to think like Kody and it's painful) negotiatiing for a huge pay cut is better than nothing.  $180K for everyone is a lot more than a cancelled show and zero.  People would still watch.  I'd rather suffer through the Browns than "Say Yes to the Dress".  Are there a million episodes of that?

• Love 5