Type keyword(s) to search

Season 9 Spoilers, Speculation & Social Media

Aethera
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, cereality said:

What do Maddie and Caleb even do? Full time college students, really? Bc Maddie seems like she takes 1 class/semester while waxing lyrical about motherhood being her purpose in life and then hawking products on Insta. And Caleb -- didn't he have some manly, heavy equipment kind of job before marriage? He gave that up wherever he lived (Montana?) so they could move to Wyoming and he could go to college at age 29 -- when college hadn't occurred to him in the 11 yrs post high school? But whatever they do, they live by themselves I think in WY. The whole scene with Kody saying he needs a room for Caleb/Maddie doesn't seem to indicate a permanent move. Though as all fundies do Maddie home-birthed in what I imagine as her mothers home -- it looked too big for a rental apartment. So I wonder if they moved down for the last month or 2 pre delivery?

WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!

Caleb works at The Home Depot, I think. Maddie's recent Instagram story showed her wearing an orange Home Depot hat with the caption "Repping my husband's work" or something. Wish I got a screenshot. They also live in Las Vegas, but have since moved out of Janelle's place (where they lived for months... maybe a little under a year?) and into their own. 

Edited by NotEatingKale
  • Love 5

Way back in the last century when I was in a university nursing program, the first year was all kinds of liberal arts stuff that was supposed to make us "well rounded".  we didn't start actual nursing classes until our second year.  But it wasn't called pre-nursing, it was just part of the overall program.  It may be some remedial classes to make sure she's up to speed.  A lot depends on her high school scores.  There is such a need for nurses that schools jump through hoops to correct deficits so that candidates qualify. 

One hopes that one's nurse can calculate dosages correctly....

• Love 1

C of SN is a community college.  At the community college I taught at, students weren’t admitted to the nursing program until they had passed a semester or two of “weed-out” courses like biology, chemistry, math and psychology with good grades.  She might be in the same situation.  

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

So sorry,  are we supposed to give him a medal for this? 

And you have to wonder why he wanted to smear her face with cake or push her face into the cake so badly!  (Her words.  She was impressed that he gave up something he wanted for her sake.)  What with beating the pinata that looked like her, it doesn't sound like love, to me!  In fact, I haven't ever really seen any evidence that he's in love with her.  It never seems so on the show.  Maybe other people have seen something that I haven't.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Pre-nursing? What is that?  It sounds like she had to take some remedial science and math classes or something to make it into a genuine nursing program.  Which is fine, no shade. I just hope she can stick it out.

It’s like pre vet or pre med.   lots of math and chemistry which you have to ace to get into the real program.  

21 minutes ago, lma said:

I’m sorry but Maddie strikes me as being a lot of talk, like her dad. I mean I hope she sticks it out and finishes college and finds good work, but I definitely have my doubts. She is media savvy and says what people want to hear. I do think she’s a good kid, though.

Maddie is all talk. I always roll my eyes when people who don’t seem to be real go-getters make career goals that require extensive education, internships and licensures. 

She’s going to be a tub midwife like that one Duggar chick. 

• Love 5

If Maddie as a grown and married adult moves into her parent's house, neither she nor Caleb should expect  for their accommodations to be customized to their needs. That's great that Kody would like make it comfortable for them, but his suggestions are a bit much. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

Yes, customize Janelle's house to accommodate them, while Meri's huge house sits right there almost empty..even more so now that she has the B&B.

That would cut into her grocery budget. 

Just thinking of that ginormous,empty house and knowing that Meri just had to have what she wanted even though it made zero sense pisses me off. Don't even get me started on the utilities on that thing...

Kody, as the leader of this family, (eyeroll), should have said, "Ok, Meri, Maddie is moving back. It makes sense for she and Caleb to live with you guys..." or at least send a couple of Jenelle's boys to temporarily move in to. They are family, after all, and Meri is their mother as well, right?

• Love 9

I graduated from nursing school 2 years ago, it was one of the hardest things I’ve ever done, and I’m single with no kids. I hope she is getting her bachelors, because these days an associates is pretty useless, I have an associates... The push for hospitals only hiring bsn(bachelors of science in nursing) happened once I was in school, so I’ve had a hard time finding a job because they mostly want bachelors. It’s great if she’s serious about it, but lots of people are unable to finish the program for various reasons.

• Love 6

If Maddie becomes a nurse, I will be stunned. It involves an incredible level of commitment and family support. Maddie has never come across that motivated so that's an interesting choice in career. She's bounced from school to school and now has a baby...best of luck to her.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, trimthatfat said:

If Maudie becomes a nurse, I will be stunned. It involves an incredible level of commitment and family support. Madder has never come across that motivated so that's an interesting choice in career. She's bounced from school to school and now has a baby...best of luck to her.

I highly doubt it will happen.

• Love 1
On 1/21/2018 at 9:10 PM, CofCinci said:

She’s going to be a tub midwife like that one Duggar chick. 

LOL! As a 2nd career RN, I was amazed at how rigorous my BSN program was...and that was just for my RN. I'm not seeing an advanced practice/master's prepared nurse in Maddie but hey, I'd be happy to be wrong. 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, leighroda said:

I graduated from nursing school 2 years ago, it was one of the hardest things I’ve ever done, and I’m single with no kids. I hope she is getting her bachelors, because these days an associates is pretty useless, I have an associates... The push for hospitals only hiring bsn(bachelors of science in nursing) happened once I was in school, so I’ve had a hard time finding a job because they mostly want bachelors. It’s great if she’s serious about it, but lots of people are unable to finish the program for various reasons.

I would suggest an ASN first then let your employer pay for your BSN. You should not pay for an expensive 4 year bachelor's program for an RN license.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 6

I am sure it varies, but there are always nursing jobs around here. It just depends on what job a nurse is willing to do.

As far as Maddie, who knows. She may pick things up easily. Applying them is a different story. There’s books, and then there’s real life.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I am sure it varies, but there are always nursing jobs around here. It just depends on what job a nurse is willing to do.

As far as Maddie, who knows. She may pick things up easily. Applying them is a different story. There’s books, and then there’s real life.

Not to mention the incredible stress that bedside nursing involves. It is not a job for everyone.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

There are so many different kinds of nurses and even I'm guilty of lumping them all into one category. I've been on MVAs with critically injured patients and a bystander says they're a nurse--I'm thinking, "Oh good! An ER nurse!", but they don't know how to use a BVM on a patient. Not an ER nurse.

Anyways, Maddie's probably got it easier than a normal, newly married couple with a kid. She's got Janelle and a bunch of other babysitters available. I know someone who's got kids and she's been trying to become a nurse for 6 years. She's still working on it. 

50 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Not to mention the incredible stress that bedside nursing involves. It is not a job for everyone.

I'd never want to be a nurse. If my patient poops their pants, we get to hand them off to the hospital and let them deal with it. Which is why whenever I'm a patient, I'm always kind to the nurses;  they put up with a lot!

• Love 2

With all of those good insights (retired 2 years ago after 45 years as a nurse including Neuro ICU, ER, and flight nursing) let me throw in one more thing that the youngsters don't ever seem to think about.  Hospitals are 24/7 institutions.  That means the new nurses will be put on the night shift and work virtually every holiday until they have built up seniority.  You won't walk in and get a day shift job in a prime weekday only position.  Ain't gonna happen, folks -  it talks years of seniority to nab those positions.  Be prepared for a lot of years of really gruesome shifts.

Would living at home with Mommy to take care of the kid help?  Maybe. But it's damned hard to sleep during the day with kids running around.

With that said, it was a supremely rewarding job.  But it does take a lot out of you.

Edited by Kohola3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
47 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

With all of those good insights (retired 2 years ago after 45 years as a nurse including Neuro ICU, ER, and flight nursing) let me throw in one more thing that the youngsters don't ever seem to think about.  Hospitals are 24/7 institutions.  That means the new nurses will be put on the night shift and work virtually every holiday until they have built up seniority.  You won't walk in and get a day shift job in a prime weekday only position.  Ain't gonna happen, folks -  it talks years of seniority to nab those positions.  Be prepared for a lot of years of really gruesome shifts.

Would living at home with Mommy to take care of the kid help?  Maybe. But it's damned hard to sleep during the day with kids running around.

With that said, it was a supremely rewarding job.  But it does take a lot out of you.

Nice! We love our flight nurses, though sometimes we make them hike a bit to the patient ;).

Not knowing much about her education or strong subjects, I wonder if Maddie has done something like job shadowing or "ride a long" to see what it entails. And more than one 'cause it seems whenever there's a ride a long or someone is doing their clinicals, there's no action (I had to go back many times to complete clinicals for lack of calls/patients). I also advise people wanting to go into the medical field to start with anatomy and physiology. That'll determine right there whether or not they want to--or should--pursue it. For many, "I want to be a nurse/paramedic/what-have-you" ends right there. 

Edited by TurtlePower
unnecessary word removed
  • Love 4

My advice on nursing (30 year RN here) is to try a year as a nursing assistant. My class was filled with high achievers and yet 12 months after we graduated a full 50% of my class had abandoned nursing. 

Edited by Quickbeam
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, Quickbeam said:

My advice on nursing (30 year RN here) is to try a year as a nursing assistant. My class was filled with high achievers and yet 12 months after we graduated a full 50% of my class ahd abandoned nursing. 

I agree with you on this. I actually think that becoming a CNA should be a prerequisite. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I agree with you on this. I actually think that becoming a CNA should be a prerequisite. 

Agreed. It's not the kind of job you can just jump into with textbook knowledge (though I'm sure there are exceptions).  Our paramedic program won't accept anyone who hasn't been in the field treating patients at the basic level for at least a year--after that, they can apply for the program. As it turns out, many medics who jump right into school after basic have a very hard time processing all their knowledge without a base to rely upon. Some were making critical errors, so they made the year of basic care a requirement. 

I wish Maddie luck. Maddie and Caleb seem to be the more grounded of the kids (despite having a baby immediately). if she can swing it, good for her. 

• Love 2

A while back I posted in the Meri thread (I probably should have put it here) that in November she registered a company with the B&B's address in Parowan - Blue Shutters, LLC.  It's categorized as a blinds, shades, and shutters business.  

Today I googled Blue Shutters to see if it was in business yet.  I can't find that it is, but I did discover that there's another Blue Shutters, LLC that was registered in Nevada in October with Meri named as the principal on record.  The registered agent is Ronald Reynolds.  If that name rings a bell, he's the attorney who supposedly helped Kody adopt Robyn's children.  He's an entertainment lawyer.

Other companies associated with Meri?  Kody Brown Family Entertainment and My Sisterwife's Closet, natch, and something called Ember Enterprises, LLC that was created in February of 2017 and that also lists Ronald Reynolds as the registered agent.  I can't find any info on what kind of company this is.

Things that make you go hmmmmm....

(I know, I know.  I need to get a life.)

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

A while back I posted in the Meri thread (I probably should have put it here) that in November she registered a company with the B&B's address in Parowan - Blue Shutters, LLC.  It's categorized as a blinds, shades, and shutters business.  

Today I googled Blue Shutters to see if it was in business yet.  I can't find that it is, but I did discover that there's another Blue Shutters, LLC that was registered in Nevada in October with Meri named as the principal on record.  The registered agent is Ronald Reynolds.  If that name rings a bell, he's the attorney who supposedly helped Kody adopt Robyn's children.  He's an entertainment lawyer.

Other companies associated with Meri?  Kody Brown Family Entertainment and My Sisterwife's Closet, natch, and something called Ember Enterprises, LLC that was created in February of 2017 and that also lists Ronald Reynolds as the registered agent.  I can't find any info on what kind of company this is.

Things that make you go hmmmmm....

(I know, I know.  I need to get a life.)

The creation of businesses and such for a giant pyramid built to prepare for an equally giant bankruptcy?

• Love 2

Just a quickie on the Nurse Practitioner/Midwife certification comment by Janelle.  Typical Brown Behavior...I am surprised at Janelle unless I have been missing something about her. You have to get past your BSN first, and I NEVER want an NP that did not take the time to work in hospital for several years to gain the clinical experience needed to support you when you go BACK to school.

Sort of like saying, I am working on a Degree in Astronomy because I look at the Night Sky. Ridiculous.

And speaking of Ridiculous...Meri Meri Meri. I did not know the wet bar need was based on need to "display her pastries?" It just writes itself doesn't it?

I feel like Meri LOVES having that Big House and knowing the Sister Wives have to manage full families on same budget she has. I would be money that she feels absolutely entitled to have the best of everything, the B & B, camera time you name it. She will never leave as she needs to be on the show. Her ego could not bear not having attention and the occasional viewer that says "poor Meri, this is all kody's fault or fill in the blank."  It good to see that Mariah has developed a strong personality and sense of self worth in spite of Meri.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
36 minutes ago, WaterSpirit said:

Just a quickie on the Nurse Practitioner/Midwife certification comment by Janelle.  Typical Brown Behavior...I am surprised at Janelle unless I have been missing something about her. You have to get past your BSN first, and I NEVER want an NP that did not take the time to work in hospital for several years to gain the clinical experience needed to support you when you go BACK to school.

Sort of like saying, I am working on a Degree in Astronomy because I look at the Night Sky. Ridiculous.

And speaking of Ridiculous...Meri Meri Meri. I did not know the wet bar need was based on need to "display her pastries?" It just writes itself doesn't it?

I feel like Meri LOVES having that Big House and knowing the Sister Wives have to manage full families on same budget she has. I would be money that she feels absolutely entitled to have the best of everything, the B & B, camera time you name it. She will never leave as she needs to be on the show. Her ego could not bear not having attention and the occasional viewer that says "poor Meri, this is all kody's fault or fill in the blank."  It good to see that Mariah has developed a strong personality and sense of self worth in spite of Meri.

"Certification" like getting a CPR or something.  no big deal right?  *rolleyes*

I just went to the University of Southern Nevada's site and saw all the time and classes required to get the BSN, full time it takes 18 months and then there's all the other stuff on top of that.  Can she take on a full time class schedule, be an effective parent AND sell Lularoe without going completely nuts?

• Love 4

Janelle knows all, don’t forget, from  strive with Janelle:

Certification is important.  Janelle is certified as a Health Coach through the Institute for Integrative Nutrition

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 5