Type keyword(s) to search

Season Three and Beyond: FFwSB

• Start Topic

I wonder if Graham either regrets or doesn't think people remember his 'cleanse the office' comment.

Great Skeksis reference in the second segment!

I tend to think 'high crimes' should be on par with 'bribery, treason', but I think we're there now.

Sam also brought up a really good point about how support for impeaching Nixon grew due to the impeachment investigation; however, they didn't have Fox News and foreign infiltration then. And, Sam mentioned it might possibly erode his base. It won't. But - it might get more independents over to the impeachment. Right now they're split down the middle.

There won't be a UK parliament vote of no-confidence because you have to have an election, and the Labour party knows they can't win right now.

Edited by DoctorAtomic
  • Love 5

Oof. That second segment on Pence and HHS was really disturbing. I'm not from the USA - is Indiana a particularly conservative, religious place? How have Pence and his acolytes amassed so much power?

The segment with Ilhan Omar was fantastic. What a gorgeous woman. I particularly enjoyed Sam's facial reactions to the excellent words coming out of Omar's mouth.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

I am so fed up with Drumpt I can't even watch this show any more folks. It's over. 

Oh, that's sad! I've stopped watching all other satirical news shows but this one. I still find Sam's anger cathartic and cleansing.

• Love 6

I guess they wanted to get some laughs at the expense of Biden's speech impediment.

And they must pretty much favor the progressive candidates so they want to try to make Klobuchar look bad as well.

• Love 1

Finally got around to watching last week's show and it was excellent. The segment on paid parental leave* was particularly great. Loved how Sam spoke to the fact that she was the only woman hosting a late-night talk show, and about the parental leave arrangements she has made with her own staff. I wonder if any of the male-hosted shows will take up her challenge to initiate similar arrangements with their staff?

* As a non-American, I find it astounding that the USA doesn't have paid parental leave. Do Americans also find it astounding? Or do you think that other countries are weird for having it?

Edited by purist
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, purist said:

* As a non-American, I find it astounding that the USA doesn't have paid parental leave. Do Americans also find it astounding? Or do you think that other countries are weird for having it?

Those of us who have a clue about the greater world out there and see how much better other countries have it do find it astounding. But there are still many people out there who rail against it. "You chose to have a baby! Why should I have to support you!" and bullshit like that.

• Love 7
On 1/28/2020 at 11:01 PM, purist said:

We're brainwashed from birth that the various human and civil rights people have in other countries do not apply to us.

• Love 3

I loved the bit about the Iowa caucus. There was discussions around the inherent undemocratic nature of them last cycle (especially after the Nevada mess) so I'm glad the show got in front of it early this time.

• Love 3

Saw an alert on my phone, Sam said top politicians won't come on the show.

Have they ever had politicians on the show?

Or maybe it's the funny taped segments they've done?

4 hours ago, scrb said:

Didn't the GOP clamp down when The Colbert Report was doing their "Better Know a District" series with Congressmen?

Honestly surprised Sam wasn't covered in the blood of those who admitted to not voting for Elizabeth Warren.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, scrb said:

Have they ever had politicians on the show?

Or maybe it's the funny taped segments they've done?

Sam interviewed President Obama in the first season and Elizabeth Warren in 2017. And I'm pretty sure Stacey Abrams has been on at least once.

• Love 1

Yeah it was.  Even without the audience boosting the jokes.

I think the Furry segment was probably something they did awhile ago.

Especially since Amy Hoggart has her own show now.

The last 2 shows, with Stacey Abrams and Katie Porter, were wonderful.  That's a ticket I could vote for - Abrams/Porter...or Porter/Abrams.

And Jewel in the shed!! 

• Love 2

This week's show with (should-have-been-President) Elizabeth Warren was excellent!  Liz was excellent, and the next segment with Michael Lewis was outstanding.  And scary.  And funny.

Edited by ebk57
because Micheal isn't the same as Michael
  • Love 4

I hope these various singers are paying Sam to be on the show, because I have yet to enjoy one of their performances and find the whole exercise a waste of time.  More snark, less singing.

• Love 6
(edited)
42 minutes ago, ebk57 said:

I thought the post-pandemic piece using the Sims was fantastic - especially the prosecutors chasing trump down the street.

It’s good to dream, isn’t it?

No music guest this week. I like seeing that, because I get to imagine Sam’s shed is actually a TARDIS.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 5

Good show today.

FF has done a better job of restoring normal show segments than Real Time or Last Week Tonight.

Cute bad too, like that split screen performance.  Hope they sell records so they can get the guy a drum kit. 😄

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I looked up the band, Dirty Projectors, which I liked more than the last band they had on, the one with all the finger snapping

Dirty Projectors have been around for awhile now, see some videos on their Youtube channel from almost 10 years ago.

They seemed to have gotten the female musicians and singers only in the last couple of years.  Around 7 years ago, they had other women.

The lead guitarist seems to be the main writer and several years ago, he did most of the singing and their other songs have more guitar solo parts.

Song they did on FF was more pop and the woman singing may bring them a broader audience than the guy singing.

• Useful 1

You guys in America have FFwSB followed after The Big Bang Theory? SO DO WE!!! :D

Please tell me those overgrown babies got arrested and charged for their bratty behaviors? That kind of self privileged attitude deserves swift and immediate justice during this pandemic!

• Love 1
10 hours ago, peeayebee said:

Well THAT was depressing. Not surprising, but depressing none the less. 

I don't think there will be a result that doesn't involve a shitstorm. Even if Biden wins and the Democrats flip the Senate, and the president lets it slide, that would give him and the Republicans two months to wreck everything before leaving.

I hate to think Sam could get as depressed as she was post-Election Day 2016, but it seems too likely.

We’re getting closer to Election Day, and Sam’s coming unglued. I wish that was because she caught something in the woods. From the last segment, she might be a fan of The Challenge, and I know too well that ain’t good for keeping sane.

Is it weird to miss Best Week Ever? Sam’s crew did a bang-up job recreating that vibe.

Someone lost a seat in Nevada from drawing a low card? The only word for that is “DAMN.”

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 1

In fairness, I wouldn't trust Johnny Bananas to save the world from the coronavirus. I barely trust him not to post his dick pics all over Twitter, and even that's only because of the old story about how the nickname is an ironic joke about how unsatisfying it is.

I've heard a lot of idiotic statements from 45 supporters on this and other late-night shows recently, but that woman on last night's episode who went on about how unfair it was that the press has ignored the fact that he's "won four peace Nobel prizes", and held up four fingers? That was mindblowing. She was so convinced she was right! He's won FOUR of 'em, them peace Nobel prizes, and nobody even noticed! 

That was the season's last episode, the show is on hiatus until Jan. 13. It will be interesting to see how it handles the post-45 era. It debuted in the spring of '16, so this will basically be new territory!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ruby24 said:

I'm glad Sam is back. What a week to come back on.

And Samantha was in full smackdown mode, going after the president, his enablers in Congress, and the homegrown terrorists trying to stage a coup last week, as well as the social media leaders for not banning his sorry ass sooner because he was so good for their bottom lines!

I got a big kick out of the opening disclaimer, and the follow up it had (lololololol). Reminded me of the earlier episodes of CBC's This Hour Has 22 Minutes, where Rick Mercer said something snarky after the initial disclaimer to start the show. Samantha may have picked up on that when she was still in Canada!

• Love 3

Is anyone else watching? I keep forgetting to post about it. Also, tonight’s episode is from last week . . . and I bet Sam is kicking herself because she could have gotten in some quality shots in regard to today’s news.